Chapter 6

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

GuiGui was alone in the classroom. She continued to read the book. Footsteps enter the room, she didn't bother to look, "teacher, can I stay here longer?"

It was quiet.

"Teacher--" when she looked up he had already leaned into her. Their eyes just inches apart from one another.

He sighed and quickly snatched the book away, "what are you doing reading this book?!" His tone was fierce.

GuiGui panicked, "you... you left it here. Plus the books in the classroom are free for the students to look at."

He looked at her and leaned in closer, "do you think you're smart by answering my question? Cause I left it here doesn't mean you can read it!"

GuiGui knew he was angry. She too was getting angry, "why are you so mad? I was just reading it--"

"Do you think it was meant for you to read?!" He slammed it on her desk.

GuiGui stood up furious, "you left it here for someone to claim! Don't anticipate it. She's gone... she's not coming back! NEVER!"

With that said the silence began to surround them.

Ya Lun looked at her closely, "do you find the book rather interesting?"

GuiGui slowly turns away, she grabs her things and the book, "it's late, I'm leaving--"

"Read it then!" He exclaimed.

She tried to make for the door, but he quickly grabbed onto her arm and led her to face him.

His eyes, fierce, drowned with anger and frustration. He lightly chuckled, "are you reading it because you don't know what it's like to be in love?"

GuiGui took it as an offense. She quickly pushed him away, "you have no right to offend me!"

Ya Lun looked at her and grabbed onto her shoulders, in a matter of seconds he tried to steal a kiss, but GuiGui saw it coming, she quickly turns away and he quickly laughs.

"You're..." She pushes him away again and slaps him, "you're crazy!" She then ran out the door.

He held onto the his face as he watched her disappear. He then turned back towards her desk. Slowly with his hands he touched the words engraved in it and slowly sighs, "sorry..." he said, "did I scare you for a second there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wang Zi was standing outside the school gate when he saw GuiGui running out from the school. He stood infront of her causing her to bump into him.

She looked at him surprised, "Wang Zi... what are you doing here?"

He lightly smiled, "is it wrong for me to pick you up from school?"

Gui Gui was confused, "but you don't usually pick me up... why are you doing so today?"

He just looked at her, "I thought you would've known cause of my actions yesterday... it seems you're still slow--"

She looked at him confused, "actions? But... you always hug me--"

He quickly embraced her once more, just like last night, this time with a smile on his face.

She looked at him, "are you telling me..."

"I want you to be my..." he said suddenly, but he stopped. He lightly blushed.

GuiGui lightly pulled away, "what are you trying to say..." She was suspicious, "is something going on?"

He just laughed, "GuiGui, haven't you always wanted this for a long time?"

It then hit her, she smiled brightly, "are you really asking me?"

He nodded, "I'm serious this time. Last night, I realized... I really can't let you go. I want to keep you always by my side smiling..."

"Wang Zi..." she interrupted once again, "are you telling me, you really want to... you know... with me?"

He was laughing once more, "of course!"

She blushed, "but I'm a little shy..."

"What's there to be shy of, we've been good friends for over 10 years, of course the answer should be definitely!"

GuiGui looked at him with a huge smile, she then nodded.

"Really?"

She nodded, "I'm serious. I really want to be with you. I want to be your girlfriend--"

He looked at her confused, "what?"

GuiGui looked at him confused as well, "isn't this what you wanted to ask me?"

Wang Zi quickly shook his head, "sorry... if I put my question in the wrong way..."

She lost hope all of a sudden.

He faintly smiled, "I'm taking up a job. I would like it if you could help me and work together with me."

GuiGui looked at him, "a job? Why do you want a job all of a sudden?"

He just smiled, "it's better than asking your parents for it. Besides you have money when you need it, you can use i whenever you need it and for anything, you don't have to ask."

She thought about it, "but... I'm only in high school, can I really keep up with a job?"

He nodded, "this job is simple. I noticed... the shop that XiaoXun, me and you always go to when we were little is finally hiring!"

GuiGui finally smiled, "you mean that shop where we would always play hide and go seek? The boss always kicked us out!" She laughed.

He nodded, "so how about it? Do you want to work along side me?"

She thought about it and looked at his charming smile. She thought to herself, "a job... working alongside Wang Zi... could be our chance to spend time together often. Ever since he entered college to tutoring XiaoXun... we haven't had time to actually... just talk."

"So how about it?"

She looked at him and smiled, "ok."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiao Xun is racking up the clothes on the shelves.

Her co-worker, who seems to be the only worker beside XiaoXun, comes to help her, "finally they're hiring again. I thought if we're the only two working here, we would for sure quit."

XiaoXun nodded, "true."

"Ey, I heard that the bosses nephew is going to come work here as well."

Xiao Xun joked, "are you going to go after him as well?"

She laughed, "please. He comes here often, you're lucky you've recently just worked here. He's actually really cruel, I had hard times cause of him and even thought of quitting, then he hasn't come back until now."

XiaoXun just laughed, "maybe it's cause you were following him," she joked once more.

"Ey, stop joking around--"

The door opened.

"Welcome!" Both of them said.

Wang Zi smiled, "hi."

Gui Gui entered and then saw Xiao Xun. She was confused.

"Are you coming to apply?" the co-worker asked, "sorry. I heard the spot has been taken."

Wang Zi looked confused, "already? How fast. I just saw the ad this morning."

She nodded.

Xiao Xun smiled and rushed up to him, "you really wanted to work here? Why didn't you ask me?"

He just shrugged his shoulders, "with so much tutoring, I didn't want to bother you much. But it seems I came too late."

XiaoXun then saw GuiGui, "you too GuiGui?"

She just faintly nodded. "So XiaoXun works here as well... then why does WangZi wants to work here... is it because of her," she thought to herself.

The boss then came in to greet Wang Zi and Gui Gui, "ey it's you three." He then looked at XiaoXun, "were you hoping they would also work here?" He joked.

She just laughed, "sorry uncle, we've been good friends our whole lives, you can't just seperate us."

He nodded, "I know..." he then looked at WangZi, "wah, you got so handsome after these few years!" He then saw Gui Gui, "ey, you're still thel ittle girl who would always cry--"

She pouted, "not no more--"

"Ey, you still sound the same too, no voice change at all--" he joked.

Gui Gui crossed her arms and just looked away.

He then looked at Wang Zi, I would love for you guys to work here, but my nephew just recently wanted to work here. I couldn't refuse." He then remembered, "ey... I think he goes to the same university as you XiaoXun."

She was surprised, "really? Do I know him?"

The boss just shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. I just hear a lot that he's quiet."

XiaoXun looked at him, "quiet?"

He nodded, "he doesn't have many friends, I thought this might be a good opportunity for him--"

Then the door opened, "uncle--"

*SCARY MUSIC*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~