Chapter 4

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

GuiGui stood outside their college, she felt so small and weird because she was in her school uniform, but besides that, she was scared... she's really going to meet him...

XiaoXun stood beside her, "welcome to college!" She joked, "too bad you have to wait another year."

WangZi sighed, "let's go to class XiaoXun." He walked ahead and she followed.

GuiGui watched as they walked side by side. She was jealous.

"Student!"

She screamed from fright, "what is it!" She turned around and saw the principal looking right at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was sitting in the principal's office. holding onto the book with all her might. She was scared, her first time in a college and she's in the principal's office.

The door behind her opened slowly... then closed silently.

She held her breath and kept her head down.

"Yan Ya Lun," the principal said loudly, "your sister is looking for you."

She didn't look at him at all. She was scared...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She watched her feet as she walked. He was in front of her just a couple paces, but she still didn't look at him. She was thinking of what to say. Then she bumped into him, she wanted to look up but she kept her head down.

It was silent.

GuiGui let out a deep silent breath, "are..." She said slowly, "are... are you... Yan...Yan...Yan...Yan Ya...Yan Ya... Yan Ya Lun........?"

It was silent again.

She quickly held out the book, "is... is... is this... yours?"

It was silent yet again.

She waited for him to take it, but he didn't. She sighed, "I... I found this in my classroom... The teacher there told me--"

"Take it back." He said quickly.

GuiGui was confused, "but--"

"You're not the one who's supposed to give it back to me." he said with no emotions.

She finally looked up at him, but not fully to the point where she will see his face. "She told me it's been five years! I thought you might want it back. I was just trying to be kind! Even if you don't want my gratitude at least take it and then you can put it back ok!"

There was another silence.

GuiGui sighed, "are you going to take it or not?"

Silence.

"You really don't want it?" She questioned.

Silence.

"Fine!" She said angried, "wasted my time for no reason--"

"The person who gives it to me..." he started, "is the one I'm going to marry."

She freaked out, "I'm not that easy!" She exclaimed, "don't think because I came here to deliever this to you it means that I was desperate! Let me tell you, I already have a husband! I'm just waiting for us to be official--"

He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

She finally looked at his face... YES! His handsome FACE! She almost broke down from the sight of it. Her legs felt weak, her heart was beating fast... HE'S SO CUTE!!!!

He looked at her, "if you don't want to be my bride..." he leaned in towards her.

GuiGui tried to lean back, but he kept pulling onto her. She was nervous, she didn't know what to do, she was panicking, should she kick him should she slap him, should she scream for help--

"Put it back..." He said and let go.

GuiGui looked at him, confused.

"GuiGui," WangZi said rushing towards her. He pulled her away.

Ya Lun looked at him and then back at GuiGui, "put it back..." He then walked away.

WangZi looked at GuiGui who was in dstressed, "what happened? Did he do anything to you?"

She was trembling, she then looked at WangZi. She didn't know what to say... for the first time... this was the only time she had never answered WangZi... the first time she kept silent with him.