Chapter 21

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

Xiao Xun rushed to her and held her too.

Wang Zi looked at her, “why didn’t you tell us you were coming back so soon?”

She shook her head, “I wanted it to be a surprise.”

Xiao Xun chuckled, “why are you with Gui Gui? Do you two already know each other?”

She shook her head, “we just met today.”

Gui Gui rushed to them. Quiet. She looked at Wang Zi and then Hebe, then Hebe then Wang Zi. She was shocked, “you two are siblings?! How come I don’t know?!”

Xiao Xun smiled, “that’s cause Hebe and Wang Zi’s parents are divorced. Cause he has a stable job. Hebe’s living with him so he could manage the hospital bills. She left the year before you moved into the neighborhood.

“This is big news!” she exclaimed, “wasn’t I your best friend too? Why didn’t you mention anything to me?!”

Hebe looked at her, “ah! So you’re Gui Gui!”

She looked at her confused, “what do I have anything to do with this?”

Hebe smiled, “you’re the girl my brother tells me about.” She said, “nice to meet you!” She looked at Wang Zi, “you’re right, she’s cute. I accept of your relationship.”

Wang Zi faintly looked at Gui Gui, the same with her. Then there was another awkward silence.

“Right,” Wang Zi says killing the silence, “why are you guys here? Whose house is this anyway?”

Gui Gui then remembered and rushed towards the door. She pounded on the door, “open up!”

He yelled from behind, “who’s all with you?! No one can come in!”

Gui Gui was angry, “if you don’t open up you’re going to regret it for the rest of your life! What are you doing anyway?! You kept on saying that you’re busy today! But the truth is you’re just hiding in darkness!”

Hebe listened to their conversation. She felt a little uneasy.

“Tell me who’s there first and then I’ll open the door!”

Gui Gui angrily stomped her feet, “the person you’re waiting for!”

Ya Lun sighed, “why didn’t you say so!” He then slowly unlocks the door and continues to talk from behind the door, “why didn’t you say so, I was waiting for her for so long. How can she be so slow? Doesn’t she know today is important?” He quickly opens the door revealing a shirtless man in shorts, “how can you be so slow! Do you want to get fired?!” He then saw Gui Gui who quickly covered her eyes with a scream. He sighs, “what’s there to be afraid of?” He made her face him and moved her hands off her eyes. She continued to close them, “if you don’t look at me I’m going to kiss you—“

“Ya Lun.”

He quickly looked behind Gui Gui. His heart dropped.

She slowly smiled, “long time no see.”

He let go of Gui Gui and looked at Hebe. He smiled and quickly ran past Gui Gui and embraced her quickly.

Gui Gui’s back faced them. She refused to turn back and see him hold onto her. Her eyes began to swell. “Stupid Gui Gui,” she told herself, “are you finally happy… you’ve brought him to reunite with the one in his heart… are you happy losing him?” Slowly she turned back and looked at them, her tears fell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~