Chapter 20

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

Wang Zi was walking ahead of Xiao Xun. He was in his own world today, not even caring for the people around him. His mind was filled with Gui Gui.

Xiao Xun watches as he continues to walk forward as if he was a zombie, with no reason as a human. She then sees a shop and quickly enters in.

Wang Zi stops at the corner as he waited for the cross signal. He then sighs, “Xiao Xun,” he says, “you might as well go home. There’s no use following me.”

There was no answer.

He sighs, “why are you being quiet? Just because I wasn’t talking doesn’t mean I was ignoring you.”

Still there was no answer.

He sighs and turns around, “Xiao—“

She was gone.

He became worried, “Xiao Xun!” He called out and retraces his steps looking for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boss came out of the store with a disappointed face, “he’s not coming.”

Hebe looked confused, “why?”

“He just called. He said he had something important to do today and wasn’t coming to work.”

Gui Gui stood up furious, “stupid Ya Lun.” She sounded angry, “did you tell him Hebe is here?!”

He shook his head, “I tried, but he hung up already.”

“Did you call him back?”

“He turned off his phone then.”

Gui Gui was really angry, “stupid Ya Lun!” She then grabbed Hebe by the arm, “Let’s go!”

“Where are you taking me?”

“We’re going to his house! Where else does he have to hide?!” Gui Gui continued to drag her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wang Zi was panting as he was running, searching for Xiao Xun. He took a look around the crowd, “don’t tell me she left already…” He gave up and right when he turned around a bag of cookies appeared in front of him.

Xiao Xun smiled as she held it in front of him, “do you want some?”

He looked at her, his eyes were passionate.

She continued to smile, “I remember when we were little you especially loved to eat cookies. It was because of that girl right? She chuckled, “you two were really close and she would always buy you these cookies at the shop down the street, because you really like them,” Xiao Xun said and took one out, “she told me every time you’re mad, to buy them for you, I haven’t forgotten.”

Wang Zi looked at the cookie in his hand. He suddenly remembered the warm feeling he had when he was with his sister.

Xiao Xun smiled, “you told me when we were still kids. You’d marry someone like your sister, because she’s courageous and kind, do you remember?”

Wang Zi looked back at her; his eyes had a small passion.

“Even though that girl can’t be me,” Xiao Xun says lightly as she looked at him, “I’d rather be the one cheering for you, that way I won’t be the one you’d least like to see if you get into an argument with your girlfriend.” She paused, “is that what’s happening to you and Gui Gui? If so, I’m here as your friend, you can tell me anything. I’ll just listen. I won’t say anything. Even if you need a shoulder to cry on, mine is always open. No one else is going to cry on my shoulders. Even if it’s three in the morning and you crave cookies, I’ll go buy them at all cost, even if that means I have to break into the shop, I’ll do it for you.”

Wang Zi’s eyes began to glow brighter.

“Whatever you need, I’m here. You know where I live, you know my house number, just call and I’ll be there within a heartbeat—“

Wang Zi pulled her into his embrace.

Xiao Xun was shocked and looked at him, “what are you—“

“Can’t I hug my friend?” he questioned, “or you don’t want to be the person I hug when I’m happy?” he just smiled, “I want to thank you. For all these years you’ve been beside me. I know it’s been rough on you, but thank you for being patient with me.”

She then smiled, “ok.” She said, “but that doesn’t mean you can take advantage of calling me in the middle of the night for cookies.”

He then laughed, “who will do that?”

Then out of the corner of their eyes, they saw Gui Gui dragging Hebe.

Xiao Xun and Wang Zi stopped hugging and focused on them.

“Who’s that?” Wang Zi asks.

“Shall we follow them?” Xiao Xun questions.

Before they knew it, they were already following them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui kept on ringing the doorbell.

Hebe tried stopping her, “you shouldn’t do that.”

But it didn’t stop her.

“Do you really want to see his bad side?”

She kept on pressing it.

“What do you want?” Ya Lun asked from behind the door.

Gui Gui kept on pressing it, “you stupid fly open the door!”

“Gui Gui?” he questioned, “what are you doing here?”

“Why don’t you open the door and I’ll show you!”

Hebe hushed her in a whisper, “don’t yell at him.”

“Who’s there with you?” He questioned.

“Gui Gui.”

They turned around and saw Wang Zi and Xiao Xun.

Hebe took one look at them and smiled, “Wang Zi? Xiao Xun?”

Wang Zi looked at her surprised, the same with Xiao Xun.

“Sis!” Wang Zi said running up to her and hugged her.

Gui Gui fell dumbstruck, “Sis?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR’S NOTE:
SHOCKED?!
ME TOO!