Chapter 23

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

They were eating their lunch, it was silent.

Hebe forced a smile, "five years is a long time."

He faintly nodded, "how was it int he US?"

"Ok." She looked at her food and felt neusea, "excuse me." She then quickly rushed to the bathroom.

Ya Lun looked at the food strangely and smelled it. "it's ok..." he says looking back as she enters into the restroom, "what's wrong?" He noticed something was weird about her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What?!" Wang Zi exclaims, "Hebe snuck over here?!"

His mom nodded nervously, "she was given her notice."

Gui Gui was confused.

"Notice?" Xiao Xun asks, "what's wrong?"

Wang Zi's mom sighs, "she only has two more years to live."

Upon hearing those words, Gui Gui freaks out. She remained silent.

Wang Zi shook his head, "are they sure? Have they done the proper tests? What happened with the surgery? Didn't she under go surgery?"

His mom lets out a frustrating, much needed breath, "I didn't want to tell you Wang Zi," her eyes filled with tears, "the surgery... is much to dangerous for her. Hebe almost died during the surgery... I don't want that to happen again."

Everyone began to fall into tears as they let silence take over them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were waling down the street, the sun had gone downt he horizons.

Ya Lun was still smiling, the same with Hebe.

She breathed in the cold air and s miled, "I miss this so much." She sighs, "I don't want to leave from it..."

He looked at her, "you won't. Now that you're cured and you're back we'll be like the old times. Sneaking out of the house late at night, not going to school, like the old time."

Hebe's smile began to fade.

"It's getting cold," he said, "where are you going to stay tonight?"

She stopped him from walking further, "Ya Lun."

He saw her worried expression, "what's wrong?"

She faintly smiled, "can I stay at your house while I'm here?"

Ya Lun thought it was strange of her asking, "why? Aren't you going to stay with your mom?"

"I just don't want her to worry," she says, "you know how my mom is."

He wanted to refuse, but at the same time, he couldn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui was waling home, Wang Zi beside her.

"Can we talk?"

She looked at him, "sure. What is it?"

Wang Zi sighed, "about Hebe, there's something I have to tell you."

Gui Gui looked at him, 'we've been friends for over ten years. Not once had you mention you had a sister."

There was a silence.

"Forget it. If you don't tell me, forget it." Just as Gui Gu started to walk away he answered.

"I'm adopted."

She stops in her tracks, quickly turns back to look at him, confused, "what?"

Wang Zi looks down, "I don't have a family anymore. I was abandoned." He faintly smiles, "when I was 3, a little girl found me. She took me in like I was a homeless puppy. That girl ends up becoming my sister."

Gui Gui saw the tears in his eyes.

He looked at her, "I have a debt towards her." He suddenly says, "when our parents' divorced cause of her illness, Hebet old me something I won't forget in my entire life. She said to me, 'Wang Zi, if one day I die will you miss me? What would you be your last words to me? Would you cry?'" He sighs, "If she dies I'll miss her, If she dies I'll cry, my last words for her... would be I'm sorry."

Gui Gui was speechless as she saw him cry.

"Cause of me, she's become helpless. I can't do anything for her. I can't ease her suffering. I can only watch her slowly get drained from her life."

Gui Gui shook her head, "don't say such things."

He looked at her, "I'm sorry Gui Gui. I have a debt towards her." He pauses, "she loves Ya Lun... she needs him. I can't let you go to him."

Gui Gui's eyes filled with tears. She refused to listen anymore and tried to walk away, but he quickly ran towards her and held her from behind.

He stopped crying, "as long as Hebe needs him... as long as she loves him... as long as she lives..." he pauses, "I will stop you from loving him..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~