Chapter 2

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

Gui gui laid in her bed, tumbling about. Her mind was blank, except two things, the first was Wang Zi, the second was the diary entry she had just found. She could only hear the sound of her heart beat.

~"Will You Be My Girlfriend?"~

She smiled brightly to herself as she thought of Wang Zi and turned facing her table lamp. There she saw the diary entry again. Slowly as she opened it she continued from where she left off.

~"The look in her eyes are longing... does she want to tell me something? Is she trying to hide it though? The whole class period... I just stared at her... The whole world was so quiet, so patient except my heart. She wouldn't look at me. She refused to."~

Gui gui quickly closed it, "who really wrote this?!" She seemed overwhelmed as she rolled onto her stomach.

~"Her faint smile... slowly disappears in my mind... I slowly anticipate, waiting for her to turn back towards me... but she doesn't. Her face... why can't I remember her face?"~

Gui gui quickly closed it and she to her back and held the paper up into the air, "why do I even bother reading you?" she crumbled it and quickly threw it to the corner of her room. She closed her eyes quickly said goodnight and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was drawing in her notebook again, writing useless things. Then she focused on the bookshelp on the other side of the room, she wondered...

When the classroom was empty she rummaged through it. She found an old book as well dated back in 2005. She opened it, trying to find the name of the previous owner. The name was 'Yan Ya Lun'. She repeated the name several times hoping to come across a familiar name, but nothing.

"What are you doing?" The teacher entered the room.

Startled, she shook her head, "nothing. Just borrowing books."

The teacher looked at the one in her hand, "oh.. that one?"

Gui gui felt the awkwardness in her tone, "what do you mean?"

The teacher shook he head, "nothing. It's not even a book in the school. It belonged to a boy who used to study here. His name is Yan Ya Lun."

"Yan Ya Lun?" Gui gui questioned, "this book is his?"

She nodded, "I've been teaching here for over twenty years. He's one of my greatest students. He was smart and very into literature."

"Then what happened to him?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. But I'll remember that day forever."

Gui gui was interested.

"October 5, 2005. He was strange that day. He... was different. he told me to keep this for hima nd that he'll return for it." she let out a breath, "but it's been 5 years already. I doubt, he'd come back for it. You can have it if you want."

Gui gui looked at it and then back at the teacher, "but--"

"I have to lock the doors. Hurry home ok?"

Gui gui looked at the book once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She entered into the pawn shop onc more.

"Ey Gui gui you're here?" Wang Zi's mom questioned as she saw her enter.

She nodded, "yes. I stopped by the bakery down the street. I bought these cookies for Wang Zi."

She took it nicely, "thanks."

"I know aunt doesn't like sweets, so I also bought you some fruits." She handed them to her as well.

She smiled brightly, "you also remember aunty don't you?"

Gui gui nodded, "aunty, is Wang zi home?"

"of course, he's in his room." She handed the cookies back to her, "you can give it to him then ok?"

"ok," she then headed upstairs.

"How does it taste? Good?"

Gui gui heard voices from his room.

"Of course, your cookies are the best."

She laughed, "have some more then."

Gui gui inched towards his door and peeked in.

Wang Zi laughed as he ate the cookie.

Xiao Xun smiled.

"They're really good," he said, "can you make cookies for me everyday?"

She laughed, "you're like a little kid!"

He laughed, "I was just kidding."

Gui gui watched as Xiao Xun wiped his mouth. She held the cookies close to her and walked away.

Wang Zi's mom looked at her as she come down with disappointment, "what's wrong?"

She forced a smile, "it's nothing he's just busy. I'll just give it to you. I'm gonna go before it gets dark."

"it's late already. Do you want me to tell Wang Zi to send you--"

"it's ok." she said, "bye." Gui gui then left.

Wang Zi's mom looked at the cookies and headed upstairs. She looked into his room. She smiled, "ey Xiao Xun you're here?"

She smiled, "yeah. Sorry we came here earlier while you were out. Even though you came back I still haven't greeted you."

She shook her head, "don't say such a thing, this is like your house too." she looked at Wang Zi, "ey, did you say anything wrong to Gui gui?"

Wang Zi was confused, "Gui gui?"

Xiao Xun looked concerned, "was she here?"

Wang Zi's mom nodded, "yeah. She came up here to give you these cookies. But instead she left them with me." She sighed, "forget it. She'll come back tomorrow. Wang Zi if you hurt Gui gui I'll have to punish you." She then looked at Xiao Xun, "have fun studying ok?" She then left.

It was silent.

Xiao Xun turned to look at Wang Zi, "are you going after her?"

He forced a smile, "she's be ok. Come on. Let's finish studying."

She looked at him sincerely, "do you like her?"

He was quiet and focused on what to say, "she's my good friend, just like you." He then showed her the answer, "did you get this?"

She looked down, "friends can also become lovers..."

Another awkwards silence.

She looked at him, "am I not good enough?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hope you like it so far!!!!! In this story I'm going to use Aaron's name as Ya Lun ok, hope you don't mind. Also Hope you get ready for the big big BIG SECRET!!! It's coming up in the next chapter!!!!!