Chapter 1

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

"A person who someone will not understand is someone with great intellect," She wrote down in her notebook. Looking at what she's written, she takes in a breath.

The schoolbell rings.

The teacher looks at GuiGui, "Student Gui, you're on duty today to sweep the floors."

She stood up and nodded, "yes teacher."

When everyone was slowly leaving class, she looked at her notebook and back at the words, "When will someone understand me?" She said silently to herself.

She was mopping the floors, just her in the quiet classroom. She pushed the desk aside getting the floor beneath it. Suddenly she hit the bookshelf. She rushed to stop it from tumbling down. Instead a book hit her on the head and fell to the ground. She positioned the bookshelf once more and picked up the book, something falls out. It was strange, she thought could the pages of this old book had torn out. She picked it up and read it.

~October 15th, 2005...~

She thought about it, "four years ago?" She continued to read it.

~"I saw her again today... she's looks better than last time. Her hair is getting longer everytime I see her but her smile is still the same."~

Reading this, Gui Gui suddenly sat down being immersed in it.

~"She didn't say much to me this time though. She just smiled as she looked at me from her desk... She was different. It didn't occur to me why she didn't talk to me that day... or the day before that... maybe she's moved on--"~

"Student Gui," The teacher came into the classroom, "what happened? Why are books on the ground.

She hid the sheet behind her and shook her head, "it's nothing. I just accidentally knocked over the bookshelf."

The teacher crossed her arms, "pick them up and hurry. I have to lock the doors."

She nodded, "yes teacher."

The teacher left and Gui Gui put the paper ontop of her desk, she went back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dark outside now. She was walking back from school home. She stopped by a pawn shop.

"Hello Auntie." Gui Gui said as she entered the shop.

her aunt smiled back, "ey what are you doing here?"

She shook her head, "it's nothing. I just wanted to stop by and say hi before I go home."

Her aunt nodded, "ok. You better head home before it gets dark ok?"

Gui Gui nodded and before she could exit the shop, Wang Zi came in.

He smiled to her, "ey what are you doing here?"

She shook her head, "nothing. I just wanted to say hi to auntie."

Her aunt, who is Wang Zi's mom, smiled, "ey WangZi, do you mind walking Gui Gui home? It's getting dark."

He shook his head, "no probelm." He looked back at Gui Gui, "are you ready to go home?"

She nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were walking down the dark streets just when the street lights .

Gui Gui was humming a song as Wang Zi listened. He looked at her and hit her head.

"You're funny," he said, "why are you humming?"

She looked at him and scratched her head, "it's nothing. Just to keep it from getting quiet."

Wang Zi sighed, "so tell me the real reason why you came to our shop?"

She stopped in her tracks and Wang Zi looked at her.

"what is it?" He asked, "something's bothering you isn't it?"

She looked at him and lightly nodded.

He walked up closer to her, "is that why you came to find me?"

She nodded once more.

"What is it then?"

Gui Gui looked at him, "what's your relationship with Xiao Xun?"

"Xiao Xun?" He questioned, "it's nothing. I'm just tutoring her..." He saw her expression and knew there was something wrong, "is that it?"

She sighed and looked down, "do you like her?"

Wang Zi lightly chuckled, "why are you even asking this quesiton?" He held her hand, "I've told you before... and I've always told you..." She looked at him and saw his sincere eyes, "when we grow up, I'm going to marry you."

She forced herself not to smile but hid it. She looked at him once more, "you promise?"

He nodded.

Gui Gui looked around, "then..." She looked at him, "why aren't we official?"

"Official? What do you mean?"

She pulled back her hand,"you know what I mean. Why aren't we officially boyfriend and girlfriend?"

He laughed and held her hand once more, "I thought you said you didn't want to be my girlfriend?"

"Here we go again," she complained. Gui Gui tried to pull away but he was persistent and held onto it tightly.

He smiled, "then..." He blushed, "do you want to be my girlfriend?"

Gui Gui smiled to him and pulled away, "I'll think about it." She then walked away having Wang Zi follow her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHORS NOTE:
Gui Gui and Wang Zi grew up together, of course they like each other, but they won't face it. You can see that Xiao Xun is mentioned because she grew up along side them. She and Gui Gui are like sisters, but they both liked Wang Zi. He doesn't want them to not get along and ruin their friendship, that's why he won't get serious with Gui Gui.

~Thank you for reading!