Chapter 11

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

School is done for the day and guigui was walking home, wangzi beside her. She looked at him lightly and smiled.

"what is it?" he asked her.

she shook her head, "nothing. i just want to look at you, can't i?"

he also looked at her, "go ahead."

she continued to smile.

once they reached her house she saw her mom.

guigui rushed towards her mom, "leaving for work?"

her mother looked at them and ust smiled, "yeah," she looked at wangzi gently, "i have to trouble you to take care of guigui for me."

he nodded.

her mom looked back at her, "ey guigui, why didn't you tell me you applied for a job?"

she was confused, "did i?"

her mom nodded, "the place where you guys all use to play at, i think xiaoxun works there now too."

guigui was still confused.

"did you think i wouldn't allow you to work?" she faintly smiled, "i think this is a good opportunity. a job will teach you how to handle money, give you a chance to make your own decisions, this will be good for you."

guigui just faintly nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

meanwhile at the shop, xiaoxun was filling out paperwork when yalun entered for work. She looked at him faintly and then continued on with her work.

he walked into the back and was preparing himself.

xiaoxun sighed and quickly walked to the back to chat with him, "yan ya lun," she said her tone a little shaky, "i have a question to ask you."

he looked at her and then turns away, "what is it?"

she sighed, "why are you recently with guigui? doesn't she have wangzi?"

he seemed flustered, "is it your business of who's with who? why are you always meddling into people's business?"

"guigui is my good friend," she said, "so what if she's with wangzi i'm happy for her. I just don't want her to end up broken hearted because people are getting between them."

he quickly faced her, "you think i'm getting between them?"

she nodded, "yes. Everyday now i owuld always see you with her at least once. what's your intention? do you like guigui?"

there was a slight pause then he just laughed.

"girls..." he said, "they really do think every guy beside them actually does like them." he continued on with his work, "guigui and i are just friends. do you have a probelm with me being friends with your friends?"

xiaoxun was confused, "friends?"

"xiaoxun."

she quickly turned around and saw guigui and wangzi standing by the entrance.

guigui was in the back room with the boss.

"you really want to hire me?" she questioned, "why all of a sudden?"

he just smiled, "we need more help now a days. do you think you can handle it?"

she sighed, "but, i'm only in high school. I don't have any experience--"

"the man who teaches also started with no experience." he told her, "we all have to start somewhere don't we?"

she just faintly looked down, "but, this is where xiaoxun works--"

"do you have a probelm with xiaoxun?"

she shook her head, "no, we're on good terms. it's just... i haven't talked to her lately."

there was a small pause.

he broke the silence with a small laughter, "guigui, if you don't want to work here it's ok as well. I can always find someone else--"

"guigui."

they turned around and yalun was standing there. he walked in and stood infront of her.

"you really don't want to work here?"

there was a pause.

"is it cause of me?" he asked, "you really can't stand being in the same room with me?"

she shook her head quickly denying it, "of course not yalun. we've recently just became friends, yet i can already trust you. i just--"

"is it about wangzi?"

she nodded, "i was scared i wouldn't have time to be with him."

yalun sighed, "you're a fool." he said, "if he keeps telling you you're going to marry him you have eternity to spend with him. this is just a temporary job. you'll have to find one one day anyways."

she faintly nodded, "i know."

the boss nodded, "plus everyone knows each other. even if you can't make it to work one day I'll understand."

guigui looked at him and wore a smile, "i guess working here won't be too bad then."

he then smiled, "good. You'll start--"

"i can start now," she said, "i think the sooner the better."

yalun just smiled, "good, you can help me then--" he quickly held her by the arm and forced her with him to work.

his uncle watched his actions and crossed his arms in suspicion, "yalun..." he said to himself, "what is your real intention?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~