Chapter 15

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

Guigui was walking on her way home, the way she walked was rather slow. Something was different about her. Then she entered into WangZi’s family shop.

“Hi auntie.”

She smiled brightly, “ey guigui, it’s been so long. Why aren’t you coming recently anymore?”

“I’ve been busy,” she looked up the stairs, “auntie is WangZi home?”

“WangZi,” she questioned, “I don’t know. I haven’t seen him come in. Maybe he got out early, go check in his room ok?”

“ok.” Guigui then headed upstairs and slowly peeked into his room.

He was taking a nap with a book covering his face.

She slowly inched in and slowly moved the book from his face.

His eyes open and he looks at her. He swiftly turned the other way, “what do you want?”

Her frown worsen, “you… you didn’t go to school today. I was waiting at the gate for you, but you didn’t show up.”

“what does that have to concern with you?”

guigui slowly took out a bag of cookies and placed it on the table next to him, “it’s been a while since we shared cookies together.” She paused, “I’m going to go now.” As she slowly got up, wangzi quickly turned around and pulled her onto his bed, she landed in his arms. Her eyes were locked onto his.

Wangzi looks at her slowly and begins to lean in towards her.

Guigui slowly watches his lips moving towards hers. She closes her eyes, anticipating for their first kiss.

Their lips touch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yalun was racking up the clothes and kept looking at the time.

Guigui was late and she hasn’t even shown up yet.

Xiaoxun bagged the clothes and thanks the customers for coming. She then saw yalun anticipating the time. She sighed, “waiting for guigui? She doesn’t work today.”

He quickly turne to look at her, “really?” he then acted cool again, “who says I’m waiting for her?”

She sighed, “it’s just us working today.” She left the register and restacked the clothes on the shelves.

Yalun sighed and went to help her.

Xiaoxun looked at him, “ey, can I ask you something?”

“what?”

she paused, “you treat guigui so nice… are you sure you don’t like her?”

he looked at xiaoxun, “I’ve told you before. She’s not the type of girl I like.”

She just nodded, “then… why do you hang around her all the time?”

He thought about what she said, “does it look like it?”

She nodded, “if I didn’t know anybetter I would’ve thought you were her boyfriend.”

Yalun stopped working and left it to xiaoxun, “and you?” he questioned, “judging from the way you’ve isolated your friendship from guigui and wangzi, it seems you still like him.”

For a second xiaoxun stopped what she was doing and looked at him, “we’re just friends,” she tried to deny.

He nodded, “ok, then me and guigui are just friends as well then too.”

Someone enters into their shop.

“Welcome—“

it was guigui.

Xiaoxun took one look at her and rushed towards her, “what’s wrong? You don’t seem too well.” She touched her forehead, “you’re burning up!”

Yalun walked towards her and held onto her hand quickly, “hurry, I’ll send you to the doctor—“

She quickly pulled him to her and hugged him. She cried to him.

Xiaoxun didn’t doubt for a second something was up with the two of them, but she decided not to bring it up. “guigui, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

Yalun gently pat her head and sighed, “you fool. Why are you even here?”

She looked at him, “Yalun…” she paused, “i…” another pause, “i—“ she collapsed into his arms.

“Guigui!” both of them freaked out.

Yalun carried her, “Xiaoxun, close the shop! I’m taking her to the hospital!” He rushed out of the store as Xiaoxun quickly closed the shop.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guigui was lying on the hospital bed unconscious.

“she has a high fever,” the doctor told Yalun, “she’ll be fine as ong she she gets plenty of sleep and water.” He looked at Yalun, “has she been eating regularly?”

He was confused, “why would you ask that?”

He just sighed, “seems her blood count is a little low as well as her white blood cells, since she’s ill she doesn’t have them to fight out her illness. We’ll have to keep her here overnight and monitor her.”

“thank you,” Yalun said as the doctor walked away. He turns slowly to look at Guigui who was lying on the bed. He couldn’t budge. He was terrified.

~”Hebe!” He rushed her into the hospital, “Help!” he exclaimed as the nurses rushed to help them. He held onto her hand as they strolled her away. He cried once he let go of her hand. He was afraid, silent, terrified.~

Yalun held back and quickly turned away from her. He hates this scene. He couldn’t look at her, he was afraid of losing her. Slowly he turns back to look at her and sits beside her. He sighs. “Guigui…” he says lightly, “why are you such a fool… what are you depressed about? You can’t even tell me?” As he watches her, something draws him to her lips. He quickly turns away. “I’ll tell you a secret…” he says to her unconscious being, “it’s been over five years already, the day I took Hebe to the hospital… I promised it would be the last time I cry. Do you know, I’ve done many things for her and just for her I have nothing.” He looked at her pitifully, “do you want me to lose everything as well?”

There was a small silence then he quickly leaned in and kissed her.

WangZi and Xiaoxun came at the perfect time just to witness it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^