Chapter 17

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

AUTHORS NOTE:
THIS IS A SHOCKING CHAPTER!!!!
Thanks For keeping with me and being patient!
The end will be coming soon!

Check out another story of mine I’ve recently posted
It’s called
Because I’m A Girl by 17_Moons
Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A silence does indeed live between them as he looked out the window. He just forced a small smile. “Guigui…” he said, “do you remember the first time we met?”

She didn’t dare look at him no more, but she listened to his words.

“I told myself that day, you’ll be the girl I marry when we’re older…” he let out a much needed breath, “Guigui…” he paused, “can’t we still work it out?”

She still refused to look at him as she cried.

“We’ll go back to the old days, walking to school, eating cookies...” he sighed, “of when we still liked each other.” He then got up and paced around the room, “maybe you’re just stressed… I’ll give you some time… you’re just confused about your feelings… don’t worry. I’ll give you as much time as you need…” he then looked at her, “but you must come back to me.” With those words said he walked out of the room.

Guigui rolled up into a ball and cried, “WangZi…” she told herself, “I wish I was confused… I wish we could go back to the old times… but.” She paused, “I can’t.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xiaoxun quickly stood up once WangZi came out of the room.

His reaction was blank. He just sighed, “I’m going home now—“

“Aren’t you going to accompany Guigui tonight?” XiaoXun asked, “she needs you—“

“She doesn’t need me.” He said straightout and started to walk away, but he stopped once he reached Yalun. They looked at each other. WangZi just smirked a smile, “me and Guigui are working it out.” He told him, “in order to keep her happy, you must stay away from her.” He then walked away.

XiaoXun just quickly followed him.

Yalun turned back to look at the room Guigui was in. He wanted to go in and accompany her a while more, but at the same time, he knew he couldn’t. He wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation of wanting to be beside her. At the same time as his heart felt for Guigui, his mind was filled with Hebe. He felt suffocated in this mess, he wish, he had never met Guigui.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

XiaoXun chased WangZi to the corner of the street, “Wang Zi!” She called out as he finally stopped walking. She approached him quickly, “what’s wrong? What did you and Gui Gui talk about? What do you mean Gui Gui doesn’t need you?”

He was silent.

XiaoXun faced him, “Wang Zi, what’s wrong with you and Gui Gui? Don’t tell me you guys are planning on breaking up—“

“Did I say anything?” he questioned in a harsh tone.

Xiao Xun remained silent.

Wang Zi was anger, his anger was rising. He looked at Xiao Xun, “why are you following me?! Leave me alone!” When he walked away he pushed Xiao Xun aside.

She watched him walk away but she started to break down, “Wang Zi!” She shout out to him, “are you giving up on Gui Gui?! You’ve always wanted to be with her! Are you going to let her slip away?!”

He stopped walking as he heard Xiao Xun’s words.

“If you love her, wouldn’t you try to remain by her side?! Even if she says she doesn’t need you, don’t you need her?!” Xiao Xun was crying, her voice breaking, “even though I can’t help seeing you and Gui Gui together, this is your happiness isn’t it?! I’ll support you! Your answer is my answer! Your words are my words! Are you going to let Gui Gui slip away?!”

He turned to face her, “why do you want to know?! This isn’t your problem!”

She ran up to him and slapped him.

He was in shock.

She continued to cry and quickly embraced him. She spoke lightly to him, “if you let her go… will you allow me to enter into your heart?”

Wang Zi didn’t respond, he just felt her warmth upon his body, his anger just vanished. He slowly raised his hands and placed them on her shoulders, he looked at her lightly.

She looked at him with sore eyes from crying.

He forced a smile, “do you really want to reside in my heart?” he sighed and began to laugh, “is my heart that precious?”

She just looked at him and saw him smile.

He let go and began to walk away, “if it doesn’t work out, will you help me?”

Xiao Xun watched him walk away and she knew deep in her heart she would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui slowly exit her room and saw Yalun sleeping outside her door. She watched him lightly and kneeled down towards him. She sighs, “Yalun…” she says slowly touching his face.

He slowly awakes and sees her. He quickly gets up and clears his throat.

Gui Gui also got up and they looked at each other.

“How long have you been watching me?”

She shook her head, “not long…” she said, “are you cold? I’ll go get you some coffee—“

He stopped her from leaving, “you’re the patient. Shouldn’t I be the one to get it for you?” He sighs, “go back to sleep, I’ll get it.”

This was the first time Gui Gui saw his caring side. She couldn’t help but smile and so she heads towards her room and waits for him.

While she’s waiting she’s writing on a piece of tissue paper, drawing faces, doodling just to kill the boring atmosphere.

Yalun then enters with two cups of coffee, he puts one on the table and hands her the other one, “drink it while it’s warm.”

She nodded and took a sip.

He just sighed as he saw the tissue, he laughed lightly. “you’re such a kid, still drawing useless things.”

She shook her head, “it’s not useless. Look,” she showed him, “this is me.”

He looked at the drawing and saw a little girl on a bed. He laughed, then he saw a fly with a face on the drawing, “what’s this?”

She laughed, “you.”

“Me? Why am I the fly?”

She continued to laugh, “because you’re always beside me, so annoying.”

Yalun looked at her and put it away. He then took a sip of his coffee as well.

The nurse enters into the room, “patient Gui Gui, are you feeling better?”

She nodded, “yes, thanks.”

“The doctor would still like it if you stay over night. We’ve called your mom, she’s on her way here.”

Gui Gui just nodded.

“The hospital’s a little crowded today, we’re going to move another patient in here too, is that ok?”

She nodded, “no problem.”

The nurse then left.

Yalun saw Gui Gui slowly frown, “what’s wrong?”

She looked at him, “my mom is coming. I’m scared she’s going to yell at me.”

He shook his head, “don’t be. Every parent should worry about their child.” He forced a smile, “if she yells at you, it means she cares.”

Gui Gui then nodded.

Slowly the nurse enters again with another nurse. They were pushing a hospital bed.

“Excuse me sir,” the nurse says to Yalun, “can you help move the chair aside?”

“Ok,” he then moved the chair towards the back wall as the nurses move the patient into the room. Yalun then takes a look at the patient. His cup of coffee spills. His hands shake, his breath becomes hard, his eyes swells up, “Hebe…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~