Chapter 13

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

Guigui was sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall of the store as she hid behind the shelves. She was taking a nap as the warm sun was just setting behind the buildings, it shined some light through the store windows, reflecting onto guigui's face.

It's been three months already. Everything is still the same, Guigui is still with Wangzi, her and xiaoxun's friendship has drifted but at the same time it's become understanding. While her and Yalun have been beside each other, everyday, from walks from school, or even accompanying each other home from work. Everyday, slowly, lightly falling into each other's trust and warmth they relied on each other now.

"ey guigui, can you help me out here?" Yalun asked as he was racking up the clothes. He peeked over at her and noticed her state. He walked over to her and just laughed. Slowly he moved the hair covering her face, her face was brilliantly beautiful, charming and dazzling at once. He just stared at her, taking in a deep breath, noticing her naiveness. He then slowly pat her on the head and sighed, "ey..." he woke her up.

she looked at him, "what is it?"

he laughed, "you really did fall asleep. I was just joking."

she rubbed her eyes, "what time is it?"

he looked at his watch, "about 7:30, why?"

Guigui was shocked, "7:30 already?! I'm late!" She quickly ran towards the back to gather her things.

he slowly followed her, "what are you talking about?"

She rushed out of the back and sighed as she complained, "he's going to scold me!!!!"

Yalun quickly grabbed her by the arm and they looked at each other eye to eye. He sighed, "late for a date with wangzi?"

guigui nodded, "he said to meet at 7... i'm late again--"

Yalun just sighed, "ok. I'll close the shop and I'll take you there ok?"

she smiled brightly, "you're my bestest friend!"

he sighed, "bestest isn't even a word..." he then sighed and went to close the shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wangzi was waiting at the amusement park gate. The sun had set below the horizons, street lights were on, even the rides had their lights on. He looked at the time, now almost 8.

A car quickly stopped infront of him and Guigui quickly got out. She rushed to his side.

"Late again," he said, "why are you always late now a days?"

she frowned, "i'm sorry--"

Yalun rolled down his car windows and sighed, "hope your not mad."

Wangzi looked at him and sighed.

"Poor Guigui fell asleep again." Yalun sighed, "have fun you two..." he then drove off.

Wangzi frowned as he looked at Guigui.

She gave an innocent look, "did you wait long?"

he sighed, "what do you think?" He sighed, "I don't feel like going anymore--"

"ey..." guigui said pulling onto his arm, "we should at least go, they haven't closed yet."

Wangzi looked at her and she pulled him closer to the entrance, "come on," she said and they entered into the amusement park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yalun was driving his car as he kept thinking about Guigui. he faintly smiled, "what are you doing?" he asked himself, "thinking about her..." he looked back at the rear view mirror, seeing the lights from the amusement park. He just smiled to himself and before he knew it, he was heading towards it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guigui was laughing as they rode on rides together, but Wangzi was the opposite. She moved his lips into a smile and laughed at him, "what's wrong?"

He quickly pushed her hands away and ignored her.

Guigui looked at him differently, "wangzi... did... did i do something wrong again?"

He sighed, "why are you always asking me? shouldn't you know what you're doing is wrong?"

She quickly looked in another direction. She spoke quietly, "i know you don't like it when i'm late... but i have a lot of things to do." she looked back at him, "i promise, i won't allow it to happen again."

Wangzi sighed, "you said that last time."

Guigui looked confused, "did i?"

he nodded, "do you even know what today is?"

she looked at him, "friday, why did you forget?"

Wangzi looked at her angry, "today is our three months being together?!"

Guigui was shocked, "it's today? are you kidding?"

He was still angry, "how can you not know? the first month you knew, the second month you knew as well, how come this month you don't?!"

Guigui was quiet then all of a sudden WangZi quickly got off the ride. "ey! Wait," she quickly chased after him and held onto his arm.

He quickly brushed her off, "forget it!" he told her, "I thought being with you would be a good thing. instead, I really regret it!" He then walked off and left the park.

Guigui stood there, her heart breaking from his words. Darkness overwhelmed her. As she stood there in the cold windy breeze, a warm hand holds hers. She slowly turns around.

He stood there smiling at her, "what's wrong?"

She looked at him and cried, "Yalun..."

He wasn't expecting her tears and freaked out. He didn't know how to calm her down.

"WangZi..." she continued to cry, "he... he left me! He regrets being with me! What am i gonna do now!"

Yalun looked at her pitifully. People around them were looking at them. He was hushing her down, "everyone's looking guigui--"

"I didn't think it would end like this!" she cried, "my heart is breaking!"

"how can he break her heart?" a girl in the crowd said.

"i feel so bad for her, she has such a bad boyfriend--"

"i--" he tried to explain but was cut off from guigui.

"what should i do?! my life is pointless now," she whined.

"how cruel is he--"

"Yalun!" Guigui cried, "what should I do--" in a matter of seconds, before you can even blink, before your heart can even make a beat, he pulled her to him and... her eyes flew open as she felt his warm lips. His hands on her cheeks, staring into his eyes... for the first time... she felt as if this was a moment that no one could take away. Slowly, she closed her eyes and began to kiss him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~