Chapter 14

Love and Life [part 1] (#AJourneyToFindYourTrueMatch)

 

Guigui was sitting across from him as they sat on the carousal. There was an awkward silence, this was the first time she couldn't look at him properly ever since they've become friends. She quickly turned the other way and sighed, "uh--"

"sorry," he quickly said, "I wasn't intentional." another pause, "sorry."

Guigui looked at him, “you say it as if it was a mistake—“

“It is,” he said, “it was…” Yalun looked at her, “it was an accident… nothing more.”

Her eyes had a different feel to them as she looked at him, "Yalun... you can't deny what we just did. I have to come clean with WangZi... I have to tell him what happened--"

"Forget it," he said, "what he doesn't know won't hurt him... it's better off to keep it a secret. If he knows, it's impossible for him to forgive you."

Guigui lightly turned away, "how can you just hide it and think it'll go away?" she asked him seriously, "are you saying that kiss was nothing to you?! it may not be anything to you, but for me it's life and death! If I don't tell WangZi and he finds out coincidentally he'll hate me, never want to look at me, and even leave me. I can't bare to lose him--"

"It was just an accident," he said, "nothing more. How many times do you want me to say it?! It was just an accident."

After that small argument, they remained silent.

Yalun let out a breath, "Guigui. You're my friend. The first friend I've had in a long time. It may sound stupid but... you and WangZi deserve each other. I have no intention of taking you away from him, I honestly never wanted you to feel anything when you're with me besides trust and friendship. It was just a mistake... I don't know why I did such a thing." he paused, "I just... being with you... kind of reminds me of--"

"Hebe?" Guigui questioned, "in your heart... is there only Hebe?" She finally looked at him, "no one can replace that hole in your heart?"

He faintly looked away, not wanting to look at her, "this hole in my heart has already been filled with Hebe... no one else can change that."

Guigui's eyes began to tear up and she quickly got off the ride causing Yalun to go after her.

By the gate of the amusement park, Yalun quickly held onto her arm stopping her from going.

She looked at him harshly, "all these days, all these years!" she yelled at him, "you only know Hebe just like me, I only know WangZi! Do you think I'm easy?! Do you think I go around randomly kissing guys behind WangZi's back?!"

Yalun looked at her painfully, "that's not what I meant--"

"You never mean what you say!" she exclaimed, "to you it may be an accident, to me it may be a mistake, but to WangZi it's betrayal!" Guigui pushed away his arm, "let go!"

He looked at her as she began to walk away. This was the first time he didn't have words to say, he didn't have an explaination, nothing. Just pain in his heart because he knew all the words she said, were true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guigui was waiting at the bus stop, trying to dial for WangZi. There was no one answering. She sighed and patiently gave up. She watched as the sky began to rain. Alone in the dark waiting for a bus that will never come, and a guy who doesn't quite understand her heart. Guigui slowly got up tried to cover herself from the rain and walked home. She was happy there was rain today because all the people who walked past her never noticed she was crying.

"WangZi," she said to herself, "are you able to understand me... will you forgive me or hate me... WangZi... sorry... this past month I've neglected your feelings... I'm sorry. I'm really sorry..." Slowly as she touched her lips the images of her and Yalun kissing surged through her mind over and over again. She didn’t know why, but for some reason she wished it would happen again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~