Ninth Story

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: "I'm not as bad as the books say, you know." 
"Quiet, evil one." 
"Ooh, name calling. So fearsome."

It was quiet. Almost too quiet for Jaehwans taste. Well, they were in a forest and all, but normally you would hear the different sounds of the animals or slight noises created by the creatures of the night, like the nymphs whispering to each other or the many different forest spirits playing their usual game of hide and seek. But here they stood, in the middle of a dark forest surrounded by a deafening silence with a pair of heterochromia eyes staring at them from above.
More precisely the eyes of a demon, a bad soul spawned from hell. Normally they would descend upon villages, bringing fire and death with them, not a forest populated only by animals and little creatures of the night.

They loved to kill people. But they wouldn't take the fast way in doing that. Oh no. they would let them suffer. Not from big wounds or something like that. No, that was to boring for them. They would play dirty games with their minds. Would expose them to their greatest fears, let them live through mental torture or forcing them to kill their own family’s, just so that the humans would crawl before them, begging for release. But they wouldn't be called demons if they just gave in to their pleas. They would only leave them in peace when they were dead, no second earlier.
 

“Shut up,” Taekwoon barked to his partner. He was already annoyed that he had again run into that particular demon.
“I didn't say anything.”
“I don't care. It's enough to hear you think.”
“But Taekwoon…! What if he kills us?!” The brown-haired just rolled his eyes at that, not once letting his eyes leave the hetrochromic ones.
“You definitely read too much before this mission, Jaehwan.”
“I'm not as bad as the books say, you know,” the other blacke-haired male commented from his spot on the trees branch.
“Quiet, evil one.”
“Ooh, name-calling – So fearsome,” he chuckled and jumped from his spot, landing directly in front of the two hunters. “Please point your gun at me if it helps you relax, Jaehwan.”

Cha Hakyeon. One of the strongest, most feared, and possible most annoying demons in existence. But that was never a problem to Taekwoon, the strongest, best and most feared hunter since a millennia. His body was littered with scars from old hunts, a living tapestry of near-misses and fights, proving his skills, as was Hakyeon's.
“Why don't you just go back to hell, where you belong to? I'm getting the feeling you're haunting me and it's annoying.”

The black-haired demon strode over to Taekwoon, just making Jaehwan shiver with more fear.
There was only one thing in this world Jaehwan avoided like the plague and that were demons. He was a hunter, yes, but normally he wouldn't have to deal with demons. That was Taekwoon and Wonshiks job. He was assigned to missions without the devils children. But the blue-haired hunter was ill and therefore couldn't make it and Hongbin and Sanghyuk already had a mission to complete. Taekwoon said that he would make it on his own but the HQ wouldn't let him, so Jaehwan had to take Wonshiks place.

“As far as I can remember you're the one constantly crossing my paths and I've never once heard you complain about it,” Hakyeon began and was now positioned directly in front of Taekwoon, one hand on his shoulder, “And you see, Taekwoon, me leaving is going to be a bit of a problem, because heaven won't take me and hell is afraid I'll take over.”
“You think you're funny?”
“No, I think I'm adorable,” He answered with a cheeky wink, leaned up, placed a quick kiss on the hunters lips and was back on his spot on the tree just seconds later. Jaehwan couldn't believe what he had just witnessed. Cha Hakyeon, a demon, had just kissed the most feared hunter Jaehwan had ever seen, like it was nothing.

Taekwoon heaved another sigh and rubbed the place above his nose and between his eyes, trying really hard to suppress his anger (and the flush that started to spread on his cheeks, as well as the butterfly’s in his stomach).
“Okay, look, I'll give you an hours head start. I will then come and find you. If I don't, you are free to go, and if I do, you will come willingly with me, got it?”
“What am I? A child? You can't track me down like I'm some sort of-”
“Fifty-nine minutes and thirty-two seconds left.”
“But-”
“Thirty-one, thirty, twenty-nine-”
And gone was the Cha Hakyeon.


Maybe, just maybe, I've crossed a line.

Do I regret it?
Maybe.
Would I do it again?

Definitely, Hakyeon thought in delight as he rushed through the forest, his wide smile never leaving his face once.