Seventeenth Story

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: Person A having a cute nickname for Person B, which is actually embarrassingly silly. Person C, a friend, clearly doesn't know that only Person A is allowed to call Person B by that name and one day lerns the dire consequences.

“You see, Hyung, I really need your help with-
WAIT NO! DON'T CLOSE THE DOOR! PLEASE!” an almost hysteric Jaehwan screeched while putting his left foot in the door, which an extremely grumpy Taekwoon was intent to close shut. Right now, Taekwoon would honestly prefer an alien invasion instead of dealing with the black-haired. It was six o'clock on a Saturday morning, his bed was cold and empty because his boyfriend had to work the morning shift and he hadn't reached his daily dose of caffeine to deal with Jaehwan.

Normally the elder wouldn't have bothered to answer the door, but just moments before, he was awoken by his phone going of on the signal tone he had set specially for Hakyeon. In case he wanted to ignore someone and therefore didn't answer his phone. After Hakyeon had once locked himself out of their shared apartment to fetch some breakfast for them, he tried to call Taekwoon to open up, but the younger was still sleepy and didn't bother to answer. This resulted in a very angry and frozen Hakyeon who set a different ring tone so Taekwoon would know it was him. After that the blond had never missed a beat in answering once Hakyeon's tone brought his cell phone to live.

Therefore he woke up in the first place and checked his messages, to see that Hakyeon had once again locked himself out of their apartment. Because it had already happened more than once and because his mind was still drunk on sleep, he didn't do a double check on it. As it turned out, Jaehwan had somehow managed to get his hands on Taekwoon's phone and therefore changed his contact name to Hakyeon's as well as the ring tone. And now here he was trying to shut the door in his colleagues face.

“Hyuuuung! Please!! Just until Binie isn't angry any more…!”

Sighing he yielded to his fate and let the door go in order to put up his much needed coffee. First thing he would do after getting his caffeine, he decided, would be to murder Jaehwan for laying his hands on his phone, then he would murder him a second time for changing his contacts and because all good things come in threes, he would murder him a third time for waking him up so early in the morning. Yes, Jaehwan would deeply regret coming here, so much was clear.


“I'M SORRY, HYUNG! I WON'T DO IT AGAIN! PLEASE! I CAN'T BREATH ANYMORE!”

I didn't knew Jaehwan was coming over today…, Hakyeon thought as soon as he had opened the door and was greeted by the younger's loud voice. Normally it would be unsettling for Hakyeon to hear someone cry for mercy, but this clearly was Jaehwan and because the only other person living in his apartment was Taekwoon, he must've done something to anger his boyfriend. One would think the other would've finally learned that it was better not get on the blonds bad side, but oh well, some people had to learn it over and over again. Not my problem, he thought with a shrug, pulled his coat and shoes off and went into the kitchen to put the groceries away, he had bought on his way back from work.

 

“HYUUUUNG! YOU'RE HURTING ME!! PLEASE!!”
“Would you please be so nice and tone down on your screaming, Jaehwan? I don't want to get a complaint from the other people living in this building,” the brown-haired remarked bemused at the sight in front of him. It wasn't an exactly unfamiliar scene, funny nonetheless. Jaehwan lying with his belly down on the couch, one arm twisted behind his back by Taekwoon, as he used the latter as a space to sit on him, while holding a book in his hands.

Jaehwan sensing his salvation quickly caught himself again and put as much desperateness into his voice as possible as he begged, “Hyung please! Help me! Your favourite Dongsaeng is dying! Please help me!”
For a moment there was a simmer of hope in the younger's eyes as Hakyeon moved towards them, but he definitely wasn't intending to help. Instead he leaned over the sofas backrest and placed a kiss on his boyfriends lips.

“Good morning Sugar Muffin. Do I want to know what he has done this time?”
“Changed my contacts and turned here up too early in the morning,” was the mumbled reply and Hakyeon couldn't help but smile. His boyfriend was just way to sweet for his own good.
“Well then I'm sorry Jaehwanie. It's your own fault. It was nice knowing you,” he answered the previous question with a final kiss to Taekwoon's forehead and left the room, “I'm going to shower. No blood stains on the couch or the carpet, Taekwoon.”
“NO HYUNG!! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!! HYUUUUNG!!!”


-One week later-

The six of them -Jaehwan, Hyuk, Hongbin, Wonshik, Hakyeon and Taekwoon- had agreed on a meeting in the coffee shop Hakyeon was working at. As it was, Hakyeon was the first one to be there, because he had to work at that time. One after one they strolled in and took a seat on their usual table and the only one missing was Taekwoon, who still had to come from his lunch break. The café wasn't exactly full, so Hakyeon joined them and would only occasionally tend to the incoming costumers.

“And then there was this huge monster with it's seven arms that tried to catch me and-”, halting in the explanation of his latest dream, Jaehwan looked to the cafés front door and his eyes lit up with mischief, “HEY SUGAR MUFFIN! WE'RE HERE!”
The incoming persons, Taekwoon's, face lost all it's colour as he froze in his steps, before sporting a fire red blush all over his face and instantly turned around to run out the door. Except for the two other costumers and Hakyeon, everyone broke into a laughing fit.
“Sugar Muffin?? Really now Hyung?! That's hilarious!! Where did you get that from?” their youngest asked between laughing and trying to catch air.
“Last week when I was at their apartment, Hakyeon Hyung had called him that!” The other four year old on the table answered while holding his stomach from laughter.

“LEE ING JAEHWAN!” The rooms temperature instantly cooled down to under zero degrees and the younger's laugh got fewer and fewer by the second. It was never a good sign when Hakyeon was raising his voice and cursing.
“Ha… Ha… ah…-” Jaehwan broke into cold sweat as the last of his laughter died down and a hand came to sheepishly rub at the back side of his head.
“I'm uh sorry…?” he asked unsure and tried to make himself as small as possible.
But nothing and no one was safe from the wrath called Hakyeon.

Let's just say that Jaehwan or any of the others brought the name back up again and the rest is history.