Twenty-Second Story (A)

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: Person A takes care of a sick Person B

“Yeon… Hey…” A disgruntled moan left the elders throat as he buried himself deeper under the covers. It was very considerate of his boyfriend to speak as quietly as possible but Hakyeon just wanted him to shut up. He felt like his head was split in two, his nose was stuffed allowing only a minimal amount of air to reach his lungs and the bit that actually reached his lungs instantly attacked it, resulting in a coughing fit that only served to intensify his headache.

All of that signs for Hakyeon's yearly cold.

It was like this: Hakyeon never got sick. Except for that one week ever year. And that was the week of hell. Almost as if mother nature wanted to righten her mistake of not getting Hakyeon sick by throwing everything at him at once.

That week had finally come and as dramatic as it sounded but he wanted nothing more than to die here and now.

“I'm sorry but you have to eat and take some meds. The last time you've eaten was two days ago.” Of course, Hakyeon knew that but he just couldn't. Out of experience he knew that nothing he'd eat would stay with him and throwing up was even more horrible.
Why? First it was disgusting. Second it resulted in him coughing his lungs out and barely getting air in between. And third it made his head feel like it was repeatedly banged against a wall.
The only thing that was alright with his stomach was water and in really rare cases even tea.

“Come on. The kids are gone for their missions and I've made your favourite soup.”
“Soybean Sprout…?” Came the counter question from under the blanket, his voice a mumbled, croaking mess, which earned him a quiet chuckle and a gentle hand that tried to push his cover away.
“Of course, Love. Come with me so I can ventilate the room and change the bed linen.”

The elder knew his lover was right and the prospect of Taekwoon's home-made Soybean Sprout soup was making the decision a bit easier judging by the low grumble his stomach gave. So with the greatest effort he could muster up, the redhead let the covers be taken from him and slowly, very slowly, sat up with the help of his boyfriend.

For a few moments everything was spinning as he sat on the edge of the bed and a shiver ran down his spine despite the thick hoodie and the even thicker sweatpants he was wearing. He also let his boyfriend know as much which lead to the younger wandering to their dresser and pulling out a pair of fluffy socks before ultimately crouching down and putting them on Hakyeon's cold feet. The blond rounded everything up by pulling a lighter blanket around the elders shoulders.

“Better?”

His answer consisted of a simple “hmm” as Hakyeon leaned his head against Taekwoon's torso. One could say what they want, but Taekwoon definitely was the world's best Boyfriend and everyone who said different could go themselves.

A warm hand came to rest on the small of his back and very gently, almost as if he was made of glass, Taekwoon helped him to stand up. It took a long moment for the redhead to find the strength in his legs and get everything to stop spinning, as he stood there being heavily supported by his boyfriend. Once the wave of nausea had gone by and his world was only marginally spinning they made their way towards the kitchen, where Hakyeon got placed on a chair at the table. Taekwoon then moved to the stove in order to grab two bowls of soup and placed them on the table, before sitting down next to the redhead.

After they were finished, Taekwoon moved his sick boyfriend towards the couch and disposed him there to rest, while he went back to their shared room to let some fresh air in and change the covers like he had promised. When that was done he joined the elder, who seemingly wouldn't stand up from that couch ever again, on the sofa cushioning Hakyeon's head on his lap as he picked up his latest book obsession, namely The lying game.

They settled into a relaxing silence only occasionally broken by the turning of the book's pages and Hakyeon had settled into a deep slumber. That's how they spent the rest of the day until the youngers came back from their missions, one after another. Jaehwan was the first one and it was a wonder how Hakyeon didn't even so much as stir in his sleep at the high volume of the third eldest loud greeting. Taekwoon of course wasn't taking any risks and instantly quieted the brunet.

Next was Sanghyuk, who was way to tired from his mission as to make any sound that would result in waking up Hakyeon. With only his eyes, Taekwoon signalled to the youngest that waking up Hakyeon wouldn't be the best idea and that there was food in the kitchen. Contrary to popular believes, Sanghyuk really was one of the most grown up's out of the bunch. Sure he was playing the role of the mean Maknae and never missed a chance to terrorize his Hyungs, but if it came down to it he could be very responsible and therefore respected his Hyung's need for sleep. So without any sound at all he sidled into the kitchen, grabbed a large bowl of the soy-bean sprout soup and disappeared into his room, joining Jaehwan at a round of Mario kart.
 

About an hour later though everything went to hell and Hakyeon's peaceful dream bubble popped with the arrival of the remaining members who were in the middle of a heavy fight. Now it wasn't something unnatural. They had rows all the time about the most unnecessary things, but really everything could be put to a stop if they'd just finally admitted their feelings to themselves. Honestly it was going on for months now this tension and slowly it was grating on all of their nerves. Everyone and their blind grandmother could see the obvious attraction hanging above their heads. Everyone could see it, except for Hongbin and Wonshik.
That's also why they were constantly fighting.

Their latest reason being that Wonshik was envious of all the attention Hongbin was getting from men and women equally. And they had no inhibitions in showing that seeing as the door was slammed shut, effectively startling Hakyeon awake.

“What is your ing problem?!” Hongbin's loud voice asked as said person stormed through the corridor.
“There is no problem,” shouted Wonshik back hot at the pink haireds heels.
“Oh really?! Well then what was with your attitude throughout the whole mission?! Every time I talked you just got more annoyed and I wasn't even talking to you! Honestly, if you have a problem then spit it out!”

Meanwhile in the living room Hakyeon could only flinch and groan in protest as he buried his head into Taekwoon's stomach in a futile attempt at making the voices disappear.
“Make it stop…”

Taekwoon, who didn't like to see his poor boyfriend in such a state of distress, quickly took action and gently pushed Hakyeon's head away from his lap and positioned it back onto a pillow, as he stood up.
“You call that talking?! You literally threw yourself at them!”
“My ears…!”
A soothing hand rested upon his head, followed by a gentle kiss to his forehead.
“Don't worry, I'll do something. This has been going on for too long.” With that said the blond made his mind up and marched towards the shouting voices in the hallway. Of course not after pulling the blanket covering Hakyeon's body higher up.

Out in the hallway their shouting was even louder and Taekwoon made quick work to close the door again.

“I did what?! Are you stupid or what?!!”
“I'm not stupid! I've seen it with my own eyes!”
“Even if I'd thrown myself at them, so what?! You're not my mum and I don't see the reason why I should care what you want!!”

Sighing the eldest in the room resigned himself to his chosen fate and interrupted Wonshik before he could even begin reacting to Hongbin's words.
“Shut up! Both of you!”
Judging by the little jump both of them did they hadn't noticed his entrance, which wasn't surprising. Still funny though.
“Hyung! Can you believe what he's insinuating?! I-”
“Yes I know! Wasn't really hard to notice by the volume of your voice and if you want to keep that voice I'd advice you to tone it down.” Taekwoon's voice may not be as loud as their voices but it was dripping with venom instead. Which honestly didn't seem to work that well because it seemed like they had completely ignored him as Wonshik began speaking again.
“What?! I'm only stating facts!”
“Yeah right and I am Jesus!”

Okay that was enough for the blond. He wasn't the most tolerant person when it came to loud arguments -he was really surprised he had managed to get a few sentences out instead of just acting on his instinct and punishing them without any words. They had their chance and now it was his turn to let his actions speak.

Without further ado he grabbed the two youngers by their necks in an iron like grip and promptly shoved them into the nearest room which was the box-room and while Wonshik and Hongbin tried to keep their balance he quickly grabbed the key from within, closed the door and locked it.

It didn't take long for the youngers to catch on and soon the door was bombarded with angry knocks and shouts of “What is this” and “Hyung you can't do this” and “Let us out”. Taekwoon on the other hand was quite pleased at the muffled voices and a smug grin appeared on his face. They had to resolve their and finally realise their feelings for each other or else they would be two members short in a few days.

“You two calm down, fix your problems and once you're not blaring down the whole house I'll think about maybe letting you out. Have fun.”
Tuning out the angry and distressed voices of his Dongseang's he made his way back to Hakyeon and took over his previous position again.
“Mhm… what did you do…?”
“Locked them up. Remind me to check the box-room before we go to bed.”
“You're the best, you know that…?”
The smug grin turned into an affectionate laugh as Taekwoon resumed carding through the red mane in his lap as he picked up his book again. They interrupted him in the most thrilling scene of his book, unacceptable.
“I know and now sleep my love.”


Hey Hey 

Just a real quick note to not get you confused. This is set relatively in the beginning of the assassin!VIXX au, which is why Hongbin and Wonshik aren't together at that moment ;) 

MegaLia <3