Eighteenth Story (B)

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: "I could have told you that 'KEEP OUT' sign wasn't just for fun but no, you had to check it out. Now you're a cat. How's that working for you?"

It was almost closing time for Hakyeon's modest shop, as the little bell over the door jingled indicating new costumers. Looking up from where he was counting today’s income, he spotted two young males standing by the front door. One had nicely styled blond hair, a prominent nose, a big toothy grin on his face and kind of reminded Hakyeon of a dog. Or more like a newborn puppy. 

The other one had fluffy, cotton like pink hair, a slightly pointed chin, really sharp cheekbones and cute little dimples that showed through his charming smile. This one could easily get through as an angel. And Hakyeon was not exaggerating. Believe him, he had seen actual angels more than once and that pink haired male could easily overshadow them.

“Uhm...Excuse me?” the blond male said, effectively pulling Hakyeon out of his thoughts.
“Ah, welcome to my little shop. How may I help you?”
“Well, I wouldn't describe that,” he gestured around the shop, “as little.”
At that Hakyeon had to chuckle slightly as he registered both males amazed stares. Well it was a normal reaction, because from the outside you wouldn't guess how big the store actually was.
“True, but it's still relatively small for my standards. I have at least twice as much stuff in the back. But if I expand it, my costumers would get lost and we wouldn't
want that to happen now, would we?”
“Yes, it's probably better this way. I'm not prone on searching for Jaehwan.”
“That would definitely be a disaster,” the one called Jaehwan agreed to the others statement.

“Now, how may I help the two of you?” the silver haired wizard asked after another quiet chuckle.
“Ah yes!”, the pink haired one said while stepping in front of the counter, “I need some help concerning medicine and charms.”
“And what do you want to know?”
“Well, my mother was diagnosed with a lung disease three weeks ago and the doctor prescribed her Daoslera weed but somehow it doesn't seem to get better. We already went back to the doctor, but he had left the town for research and that's why I'm here. Jaehwan just kind of tagged along,” he answered while looking at Jaehwan who was strolling through the many shelves.
“You're not from Ambros, are you?”
“No, we're from Belfi.”
“Belfi, huh… That's quiet a way. Why come to me? Don't get me wrong, I feel honoured that you've come all the way here, but I'm sure there are other medics that are more near. In Ires for example.”
“Yes, but a friend of mine recommended you and I only heard positive things about you. And I don't want to go to some would-like-to-be-Medic that's just prescribing useless things.”
“I see, then I'll give it my best so you won't be disappointed. But therefore I'll need some more informations about your mothers illness, like what are the symptoms and such.”

While Hongbin told N, as the villagers referred to him, more about his mothers illness, Jaehwan looked through the things in the store. There literally was everything one could probably need and he couldn't imagine, that there still was more. Like really; there were 30 shelves at least twice as big as Jaehwan and as broad as twelve times himself -he had counted. Though half of them were filled with books but still it was much. It was like a library with an integrated shop. The only thing missing was maybe some food and drinks, but all in all one could say, the shop had everything.

The two others were still talking, as Jaehwan had last looked, so he decided to check out the rearmost corners and somehow came to a halt in front of a door with a sign that said “Keep out” in big letters. It was a clear message, Jaehwan understood, but he just couldn't follow it. There was this urge deep down in his mind that spurred him to open the door that probably shouldn't be opened by strangers. Oh well, but he had introduced himself so basically speaking he wasn't a stranger. Besides; what could probably happen? Surely it was just the stock and that couldn't be too dangerous. Also, Jaehwan was theoretically a costumer and could maybe want to buy something he didn't know he needed until he had seen it.
Of course there was this nagging little feeling at the corner of his consciousness, that told him to just go away from that door, but honestly: Jaehwan was never one to listen to others. Thus he didn't hesitate any longer, laid his hand on the door handle and pushed it open.

 

“I would recommend your mother to take some star clover powder before going to bed and taking one Prillion before breakfast-” Hakyeon's sentence was suddenly interrupted by a short scream that made both males look into the far back of the shop.
“Jaehwan…? Are you alright?”
But there was no answer. Reacting fast the two of them stormed to the back to see what had happened. But what they actually got to see once there made them stop for some moments. Hongbin at least. Hakyeon just sighed.
“You know, I could have told you that 'KEEP OUT' sign wasn't just for fun, but no, you had to check it out. Now you're a cat. How's that working out for you?”
“What?!”, Hongbin asked ridiculous while looking between the shop owner and the cat.

The silver haired male heaved another sigh and rubbed the space between his eyes.
“In the past, when I had just expanded this shop, there were constantly other people snooping around in the back. Just like your friend here,” he explained, while crouching down to the ground and sending a stern gaze towards the cat, “At first I tried it with the simple “Keep out” sign, but that didn't seem to work.”
“So…??”
The mage stood up again and began moving before telling them to follow him as he searched through the shelves.
“So I thought: If they don't want to listen, I'll teach them a lesson myself. Thus I put a spell on the door, that transformed everyone that tries to open it, into a cat.”

“For gods shake, Jaehwan! Seriously?? How many times have I already told you to not put your nose into others businesses?!” Hongbin shouted at the cat who on the contrary flattened the little cat ears against his head.
“Well, I'm sure it was something he won't forget any time soon,” Hakyeon spoke while stepping on his tip toes to peek over the fifth board, shoving different jars from side to side. This process was repeated with some other shelves, until he finally grabbed a jar with yellow powder in it.
“What a shame that Leo isn’t here right now… he really loves cats...”

“Now,” he began while setting the jar on the counter and reaching for the little bottle with pills, before stuffing them into a bag, “there ware two options for you. One: I'll transform him back or Two: We'll leave him like this. The spell will probably last for about one day. Your decision.”
Hongbin though didn't even had to think about it. “No. Leave him like that,” he said which promptly earned him a hateful glare from Jaehwan.
“It's your fault after all! Why did you have to open a door which clearly stated to not do it?!”

A chuckle broke itself lose from the wizards throat. “Ah… Even thought I've seen it for at least a thousand times, it just never gets old,” he said while handing the bag to Hongbin who just wordlessly took it and sent a questioning gaze towards the other before paying for the medicine.
“Sorry, It's just that it's the same every time that happens. You know, the cat transformed ones getting lectured and all by their friends and family. Until now there was never one who choose the option of me transforming them back.”
“It's a quite nice lesson for such people after all. Especially for Jaehwan...”

“Okay, if you ever need some advise in that field; you know where to find me,” Hakyeon said with a wink while taking the offered money.
“I'll probably come back on that. Thanks for the help,” the light pink haired said and strode towards the door, followed by a rueful looking Jaehwan.