Thirteenth Story (B)

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: No prompt

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were tweeting and the nature stood in its full bloom, while people were bustling through the little village called Lumar. Stall owners were shouting out the prices of their daily top products in hopes of making a good income today.

Even thought Lumar was considered a relative small village in the great Kingdom of Xiron, it was well know for it's trade. Merchants from all over the world came here to buy something, because all sold products from Lumar were of a top quality.

It was also known as the goddess blessed village. Not even once in 100 years did the farmers there have a bad harvest as well as the fishers who also hadn't once in 100 years come from a fishing trip empty handed. And other than others, Lumar was never destroyed through a war. At least not in the course of the last 100 years.

200 years ago that wasn't even thinkable, because they were so small. Normally they were the first ones that would've been waltzed down by the war other countries kept. But then one day everything changed with the arrival of a mighty sorcerer and his companion.


He was a prodigy under the few sorcerers that existed. With 6 years he had spoken his first magic spell, 4 years later he had surpassed his teachers and at the young age of just 15 years he was already working for the previous king of Xiron.
Though not for long. He was an intelligent boy, that quickly learned that all he was used for, was creating a war. But all the boy, who was raised in the forest by Nymphs and other spirits, wanted was peace. He wanted to help others that weren't so lucky in life. He wanted to help those who couldn't afford help. He wanted to help those who were left with nothing, those who got everything taken away from them thanks to the wars. He wanted to be like one of those heroes the Nymphs had told him so manny storys about.

Thus with the age of 16 the boy left the court and began travelling the world.

On his journey he learnt many things, helped even more people and made lots of friends. But one friend was special. He wasn't a human being like the others. No, he was one of the mighteist and most wanted animels in the whole kingdom.
Humans of every kind had tried killing it for the sake of getting it's scales. Dragon scales to be exact. Those were the rarest under the rarest and had powers humans could only dream of. But the drive to get those, led to an increasing extinction of those beautiful beasts.


So it came, that one day the prodigy sorcerer, now 26 years of age, found a several wounded dragon. Hadn't it been for the man, the probably last dragon on Xiron would have died.

The dragon, of course, was more than grateful towards the human and mad it his task to protect him with all it's might, as did the human. They formed a strong bond between them, which hindered the sorcerer from ageing or even dying as long as the dragon was alive. On the contrary the sorcerer found a way to transform the dragon into a human through the help of a charmed bracelet that still allowed him to transform back whenever he wanted to. He was after all a rarity most humans wanted and a beast of such incredible height wasn't easy to hide.

Together they continued their journey through the world before finally settling in the little village Lumar. At this time it was devastated by the war, but got back to its old glory through the sorcerer. From there on they decided to protect Lumar. The sorcerer would care for a good harvest and an endless availability on fish, while the dragon protected it from any harm.

 

Nowadays they just lived an as normal as possible live in Lumar. Nobody has ever seen their faces in connection with their name and those who did had died a long time ago. The new generation also had forgotten almost everything about the two heroes, that were easily overshadowed by the spectacular things other people did. But the mage Hakyeon and his dragon Taekwoon couldn't care less. They now, 200 years later, went by the names of N and Leo and owned a little shop for everything that involves magic or medicine. N was mostly responsible for the shop, while Leo travelled into further countries to help those who couldn't afford any medicine, just like in the old days.