Eight Story | Part 2 (A)

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: "Well, that's a nice change of scenery."
"It's a prison cell."
"I was being sarcastic here."


 

“Don't you think something is foul about this whole mission?” Hongbin asked his blue-haired partner as they drove to the meeting with their client.
“What do you mean?”, he questioned back, his eyes never once leaving the road.
“I mean after all, he was the one who complained about the last assignment we did.” That made Wonshik curious. “We've already done an assignment for him??”
“Well, Jaehwan did. It was before you've joined us.”
“What was it about?”
“I don't really now it myself, but I think Jaehwan said something about losing or breaking something from the client during the job and that Hakyeon Hyung
supposedly risen the price for the mission on purpose.”

“What?”
“I don't know. It was a thing between Hyung and Jaehwan. The only thing I know for sure is that he wasn't happy with us.”
At that Wonshik just shrugged and turned right. “Well, there aren't exactly many people who offer something like we do. Maybe he hadn't had any option left.”
“Yeah… maybe...”, Hongbin said and leaned back in his seat, though the bad feeling just wouldn't leave.


“Basically it's nothing difficult,” explained their client as Hongbin and Wonshik stood in his office, “You just have to retrieve something that was stolen from me and also some very important documents that could be a danger to my existence if exposed to the public. So these documents are your top priority.”
“And you wanted VIXX to do that? Not that I'm not glad about your choice for us, but wouldn't a group like BTS be better? They are, after all, specialized in retrieving documents and such.” That earned Hongbin a confused look from Wonshik and an undefined one from their client.

It wasn't really like Hongbin (or any one of VIXX) to question their clients, but he just couldn't shake off the bad feeling he had about this guy. Also it wasn't a lie. Sure, they could retrieve documents very well too, but not as good as BTS. More so if the documents could ruin a whole existence if exposed. VIXX was more specialized in killing and such, so it came as an even bigger surprise to him.

“Ah yes, it probably would be a wiser choice, but they're on vacation at the moment and I can't wait till they are back, so I've contacted you.”
Hongbin didn't believe one bit of the brown-haireds reasoning. Alone the look in his eyes was enough to set Hongbins alarms off. The emotion that was reflecting in them was hard to identify, because the man seemed to be excellent in covering them. Well, not as excellent as Taekwoon or Hakyeon, but still quiet good. His misfortune that Hongbin was also quite good in decoding such expressions.
The man was nervous. The emotion running behind his mask of fake indifference was none other than concern. He avoided eye contact with Hongbin like it would kill him and he also noticed how the eldest was nervously pulling at the sleeve of his suit, just letting his alarms ring louder. Additionally to that, Hongbin knew that BTS was long back from their vacation.

Therefore Hongbin was to 80% sure that the man was hiding something.


“Well, that's a nice change of scenery.”
“It's a prison cell.”
“I was being sarcastic here.” 

Hongbin sighed, not at all amused by his boyfriends lousy attempts at brightening the mood. The only thing that could was hopefully not just sitting at home sticking each others tongues into their throats. But they were two of the most wanted criminals in Asia and their capturing was already five hours ago, so it should be all over the news by now and Hongbin knew Hakyeon. If one of them was in danger he would've already felt it before knowing for sure. One thing they had in common. And he also knew, that if Hakyeon had such feelings, he wouldn't rest one minute until they'd subsided, so it was only a matter of time until they would get their freedom back.

“You know that Hakyeon is probably setting all levers into motion to get us out of here, don't you?”
“Of course I know, stupid,” the younger scoffed , “It's Hakyeon we're talking about.”
“Yeah. Sometimes his over the top protectiveness comes in handy.”

Hongbin snuggled up to Wonshik. At least they were together in one cell. That was the only deal they could make with the officers. They would get some informations (of course wrong informations, because there was no way they would rat out their own family) from them about VIXX and therefore Wonshik and him would get together in one cell. It would also be a lot easier for their friends to rescue them if they were together in one room. 
“I hope that you know, that Hyuk will never gonna let us live this down, when we're free again.” Their maknae was quiet gleeful over the misfortune of others.
“Oh please, as if it was our fault… How could we've probably know that he was working with the police??”

Yes, Hongbins guess was confirmed. Even though he would've preferred it, if he was wrong. Their client was indeed working with the police and together they set up a trap for them. Hongbin was still annoyed with themselves. They should've known as soon as they had entered the building that something was off. The doors weren't as closed, as you would think of a top secured office building, and there weren't any people in it. Okay, it was closed so of course there weren't any people, but it was in the middle of the day. No building closed in the middle of the day. And then, shortly after they've stepped out of the elevator on the second floor and had rounded a corner, they were surrounded by police officers.

Hongbin didn't know how they could even get as far as out of the building before they were finally captured, because everything went so fast. One moment he was eye to eye with a blonde police officer, then in the blink of an eye he felt Wonshik pulling his wrist and punching their way out of the building and in the next moment they got separated and Hongbin was being interrogated by another police officer. This time a black-haired one in his mid forties. And after that they ended up in this prison cell.
Way to go.

Hopefully they won't take too long. These walls are horrible…, Hongbin thought depressed before concentrating on other things.