Fifteenth Story (B)

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: "That lazy idiot just didn't want to help me do the inventory"

“You think the charms effective?” Wonshik asked for the nth time since they've arrived in the village.
“Yes, Hyung. It was casted by a top sorcerer after all. Or do you know anyone better then Yifan hyung? He has done it countless times already...”
“I know, it's just-
Ah…! Just forget it and let's start with gathering informations… I'm getting tired...”
“Ah, there's my Hyung,” Sanghyuk said bemused before they decided to split off in search for the mystic dragon that is said to live in this town.
 

“So; found anything this far?” Wonshik asked as they met in the middle of the market place again but Sanghyuk just shook his head.
“Nope. Nobody seems to know anything about it's whereabouts. You?”
“Not really, but one girl told me about a man called N who had lived here for a very long time already. Maybe that guy knows something...”
“And were can we find him?”
“She said he has a little shop at the other end of the village called 'Starlight', but before I could ask where it was she rushed away.”
The youngers eyes widened in delight, “I've walked by it.”
“So you know it's exact location?”
“Yes! Come on! Let's go! We have no time!” Sanghyuk said, hastily and taking off into a run as if his live was in danger. 
“This kid…” the blue haired mumbled with a sigh as he also followed the youngers retreating form into the street right behind them.


“So, let's see what I'll need to restock...”, Hakyeon mumbled to himself, as he had put out a piece of parchment and a feather and made his way through the many shelves of his shop. From the outside it may look like nothing special, just a quiet little shop in the middle of a quiet little town, but on the inside it was at least five times bigger with every possible magical ingredient or artefact one could imagine and even more books about everything there was to know. Magic had really nice advantages if you knew how to use it the proper way and Hakyeon was very proud of it. Though doing the inventory . There were at least 30 shelves he had to check and he had not even begun yet.

“Helping others my …”, he cursed under is breath as he came to a halt in front of the first shelve, “That lazy idiot Leo just didn't want to help me do the inventory...” A deep sigh left the silver haireds throat. It couldn't be helped. Minhyuk would stop by tomorrow and until then he had to make a list of things he needed or else he had to wait for another month and that wasn't something Hakyeon was looking froward to do.

 

It was at least three hours after Hakyeon had begun, that he was back crouching over the counter to write down the last things he needed.
“Okay, five hibernation mushrooms, two glasses of shimmer sesame, ten fire roots… Or should I take only three hibernation mushrooms and therefore some ocean kale?
Or I leave the hibernation mushrooms out. I still have four of them, they should be enough for one month...” It was during that train of thought, that the bell above Hakyeons door chimed and let him pause in his movement for some moments. Seems like someone hasn't read the sign… 

“Excuse me…? We wanted to ask, if you know anything about the dragon that is said to live in this town,” Sanghyuk began as soon as they were inside the shop, not bothering with any pleasantries and coming straight to the point. What for? They had a truth spell casted on theirselves so the other wouldn't even notice that he was talking to them. It had worked perfectly fine on the other villagers-
“Out,” the silver haired male said without once looking up from his parchment.Confused looks were exchanged between Wonshik and Sanghyuk as they hadn't counted with that answer.
“Uh what…?”
“You've heard me: I want you two to leave my shop.” The tone in which the shop owner spoke was bone chilling, freezing both head-hunters on the spot. How can he say something like that? Shouldn't he be answering my question?!

“I think you haven't heard my partner, but could you please tell us something about the dra-”
“Save your breath,” the older male said as he finally put the feather away and sent a glare in the head-hunters direction, “Do you really think I'm this stupid?? A lousy casted truth spell won't have any effects on me.”
All existent colour drained from their faces.
“W-Wha-What…?! We uh-- there's no such a thing like a – a t-t-t-trutth spell...” Sanghyuk tried to reason with a nervous laugh, but Hakyeon wouldn't have any of it.
“I should really put a silencing spell on your filthy mouth for lying, you brat! I'm a great wizard and immune to first class spells! I've already worked for the king for gods sake! How dare you come into my shop while being charmed! That's the biggest insult I've ever gotten over the years!” If Hakyeons eyes could spite fire Wonshik and Sanghyuk would be drowning in a sea of flames by now. Sure, they couldn't probably know what a great wizard he was, but it just pissed him off if someone was searching for his Taekwoon. Not even over my dead body!

“Also I don't think you've read the sign on the door. It says that I don't allow any kinds of magic that could effect me,” he continued in a now much calmer tone after seeing the frightened, almost deadly looking, faces of the boys, “Now get your sorry asses out of my shop or else I'll jinx you.” It wasn't like they weren't used to threats -they were head-hunters after all, a job that wasn't seen in a good light- but being threatened by a wizard that had already worked for the king was a whole new level of threatening. It was a mystery to both how they couldn't notice the heavy magical presence laying over the shop once they had entered. 

“I think it's time to go, Hyuk…!” Wonshik hastily said as he was the first one to free himself from his iced prison and grabbed the youngers arms.
“If I were you, I would not only leave this shop but also this town, because otherwise I'll neutralize the truth spell so all persons you've talked to will remember your talks with them.”
“Now, that's frightening...” Sanghyuks mouth retorted without him having any control over it.
“That may be not frightening, but an angry mob of villagers is never fun to be around. Let me tell you: The last person that came here to search for the dragon was never found again.” Chill after chill ran down both their spines and not even one second after they were gone.

 

An amused laugh escaped Hakyeons lips as he went back to his list.
“Stupid kids… They should have gone to Junsu instead of Yifan. Everyone knows that Yifan's spells are sloppy as hell...”