Nineteenth Story

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: Superheroes are great and all, he gets that. It's just that when his home insurance double, because they're always throwing bad guys into his building, he tend to love them a little less.

Don't get him wrong: Hakyeon knows that superheroes are great and all, he gets that. It's just that when his home insurance doubles, because they're always throwing bad guys into his building, he tends to love them a little less. Or in his case, he hated them to the very core of his heart. Yes, there was a time where he adored them and was happy, that they saved their town. But now the only thing he felt was hatred. Especially at the thought that his private live was completely ruined by them.

Who are them you may ask?

Well, they are a bunch of superheroes and super villains that try to destroy each other. Okay, the super villains try to destroy/take over/control -whatever crazy idea they may have these days- the city and the superheroes try to stop them. Just like it has always been. And just like it has always been, in each and every fight -which is luckily not that often- they destroy his apartment. Sometimes they destroy it completely and other times they just break through the wall and disturb his daily live.
 

Of course his home isn't the only one that gets destroyed by them, but he seems to be the only one who really minds. Which is something Hakyeon doesn't understand. Sure, their government pays compensation, but only for the basic things, like destroyed walls or something like that. For the personal things it's either the insurance or themselves and the other citizens don't seem to really mind that, because it's for a good cause. Though that's not really the main point. The furnishing and rebuilding isn't a problem, because Hakyeon's job easily covers that. No, it's the personal things he owns. Things that money can't replace, like souvenirs and photos from his friends and family, his book collection he has spent sweat and tears to gather or just little things he connects with important memories. The loss of those, the invasion and destruction of his private life. These are the things that makes him want to rip their heads off.

But like the patient, level-headed, nice person Hakyeon is, he lets it slide every time. That is until one day, when they had finally crossed the line.
 

Hakyeon had had the most horrible two weeks in his whole 26 years of existence. In the first week he had to train day and night for an upcoming dance competition. Then he went to visit his parents the following weekend in order to relax a bit, just to be caught between the fronts. His mother had accused his dad of cheating and his father had accused his mum of not loving him anymore.
Hakyeon hated arguments like the pest, especially between his parents, so it obviously didn't do anything for his relaxation and only added up to his stress. After a weekend full of shouting and mediating between both, they finally got along again and even though he was more stressed than relaxed, it was worth to see them happy again. With the thought of getting some well deserved rest, he went back home only to be reminded on the deadline for his next book. Which was only one week away. Normally Hakyeon would be long finished with it, but then the competition got in the way and he only got it half done.

This of course put him under more stress.
He had hoped that his boyfriend, Taekwoon, could help him take some stress off his shoulders, but even that wasn't granted to him. In his hectic weeks, he had not only forgotten about the deadline, but also about the fact that Taekwoon had to go on a business trip to ing Europe for almost a whole week.
 

So instead of his stress getting lesser, it steadily got more and more until he stood in front of a wall. A big, blank, white wall representing a writers greatest fear: Writers block. Yes, as if his life wasn't already bad enough, he just had to stumble upon a writers block shortly before his deadline. Hakyeon, of course, tried everything he could to overcome it and once that was mastered, he spent day and night writing. It really was a miracle that he hadn't died because of an overdose of caffeine. Hakyeon had drunken so much coffee that he was sure he would never drink a singel cup in his entire life again.

Once he had then finally managed to write a satisfying ending, he thought that it was finally going upwards with his life again. He hadn't had to finish anything, their dance team was taking a break and Taekwoon was coming back from his business trip.
The instant his boyfriend came through the door, Hakyeon hadn't wasted a second to jump in his arms and cuddled the living daylights out of him.
The silver haired couldn't remember how they had managed to go to the bed, but eventually they ended there in a mess of tangled limbs, furiously trying to ravish each part of their other half. Somewhere in his subconscious he registered the sound of a heavy battle raging outside on the streets, but he couldn't care less, because he was stressed and very much touch deprived.

Naturally it was to good to be true, as their heated moment got interrupted by two persons crashing into his apartment. Instinctively Taekwoon had protectively pulled him into his arms. Once the waves of the impact had died down though, Hakyeon was more than just angry. Angry would be the underestimate of the year, because he was literally seething with rage. No matter how nice of a person Hakyeon was, he had finally reached the point and he was now ready to rip their stupid heads off.

 

“Well, that didn't went so well for you, did it?” a deep voice chuckled as Hakyeon watched two other persons joining. One of them was The blue dagger Ravi and the other the Incredible Angle. They were the heroes of Seoul and did everything in their might to protect the city from the two only villains: The Earthen demon Hyuk and his companion the bloody comedian Ken.
“You think you've won already?” Hyuk asked as both villains stood up from their spot between the remnants that was once his kitchen.
“We're not the ones that just got crushed into a house,” Hongbin retorted smiling.
“As if we hadn't crashed you into a statue just seconds ago.”
“The house though seemed to do more damage.”
“Just you wait!” the purple haired youngster threatened and began summoning his powers, but Hakyeon wouldn't let him. They had already destroyed half of his flat, so he would definitely not let them fight in the ruins of what's left.

“Once we're finished here we're going to-”
“YOU ARE GOING TO DO NOTHING OR ELSE I SWEAR TO GOD, I'LL BREAK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR FINGERS!” The four males flinched heavily before slowly turning around, just to come face to face with a very angry Hakyeon.
“You dare threaten me you-” Sanghyuk began to say with a rising voice and promptly got interrupted again.
“Oh yes, I dare! In fact I dare to threaten all four of you!” he replied while stemming a hand into his side.
“Ha! What a fool you are! Don't you know who we are? We are-”
“An annoyance!”
“You-”
“No, you! I am a really, and I mean a really really, patient and forgiven person, but now you've crossed the line!”
The pink haired angle threw a confused look at the red-haired. “What do you mean? We didn't do anyth-”
“Finish that sentence and I'm gonna cut your tongue out!” Visibly scarred the one with angel wings backed some meters away.
“Don't talk to him like that! He has done nothing to wrong you!” the blue haired hero defended his friend, though with no victory.
“Yes he has! YOU ALL HAVE!!”
“Wha-”
“YOU'RE DESTROYING MY FLAT AT A MONTHLY BASIS!! EVERY TIME YOU STUPID AIRHEADS HAVE A FIGHT, IT'S MY FLAT THAT HAS TO SUFFER FROM IT! DON'T YOU POSSES ONE CELL OF INTELLIGENCE IN YOUR TINY LITTLE BRAINS THAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN THE BUILDINGS YOU'RE DESTROYING?!!”
“B-B-B-But we ar-are helping to uh rebuild them-”
“Yes, the basics! But what about things that can't be replaced, like photos, souvenirs! Things that mean something to the people they belong to! Things that carry a memory with them! Those are things you can't rebuild nor re-buy! Can you actually imagine how terrible that is?! No of course you can't! The only thing you're thinking about is either how to destroy a city or how to stop the ones that try to destroy the city, by destroying other buildings!!” The four supernatural humans -especially the bad ones- had lost all of their previous pride and cockiness. Instead they looked like four kicked puppy’s with the ears flat against their skull and their tail between their legs. That was the exact look Hakyeon was aiming for.

“We're sorry...”
“Hey-” but the purple haireds protest were quickly stopped by a slap to the back of his head by Ken.
“Yes, we are sorry!”
A deep sigh left Hakyeon's lips at the guilty looks. “You should be. And now you're going to listen: I don't care about other buildings, but if you're destroying my flat ever again, I'll strip you off your powers and then kill you when you'll least expect it!”
“Yeah of course. And how exactly do you want to do that? You're not god!”
Raising a sassy eyebrow, the elder snipped with his fingers and all four males dropped to the floor panting.
“Wha-… What did you-
What did you… do…?” Ken rasped out, barely catching his breath.
Hakyeon took some steps in their direction and leaned over them with an innocent smile gracing his lips. “You are definitely not the only ones with superpowers. And coincidentally I have the power to nullify yours. Thus I would highly recommend you to take my warning serious, because I'm never baking down on my threats,” the redhead straightened up again and mustered them with a stern glare, “Are we clear?!”
Three nods and a barely audible “...Yes...” were his answers and with another flick of his fingers he gave them back their powers. Once that was completed, they quickly stood up again and with another apology stormed out of the open front.

 

Again, Hakyeon let a deep sigh leave his throat as he turned back around and walked to the bed in which an amused Taekwoon sat.
“You want to go to mine?”
“No” the tanned male firmly answered as he climbed back onto the comforter and slung his arms around his boyfriend like a squid.“But the whole front is open.”
“I don't care.” It was a final statement at which the younger couldn't help but laugh quietly, as he threw the blanket back over them and together they fell asleep.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!