Fourteenth Story | Version 2 | Part 2 (A)

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: -

Taekwoon didn't know if it was just him but somehow he seemed to always get the most stressful missions out of VIXX. Sure everyone of their little group complained about annoying missions and stupid clients but Taekwoon seemed to have it the worst.

At first everything was fine, really. It almost seemed to be a quite nice and simple mission. Fly to London, kill some old business guy so that his son -who was also the client- could take over the business and make it look like a natural death. That wasn't to complicated and on top of that, once he was done he could spend an additional week in London, everything being paid by his client. It was almost too perfect to be true and he really was looking forward to it. The last weeks had been stressful, what with the increasing amount of missions and the constant bickering between their younger members. Taekwoon had deserved some peace. The only thing that was a bit annoying was that Hakyeon couldn't come with him. Their last holiday together had been almost three years ago. He would have come too if he could but there were a few very important cases he just had to finish. But oh well, at least he would get some peace and silence.

Yeah, the world didn't seem to like him very much though and always managed to ruin a perfect plan.

Just when he arrived at Heathrow airport, he received a call from his client and Taekwoon knew something was wrong. Here's the thing: Clients called you, told you the details about the mission and then you called them after the mission was successfully executed or you had some complications. Clients never called after giving the mission, because they had better things to do. Only when there was a change in plans, which was rarely the cases, did they call to either cancel the job or to inform about the adjustments. In Taekwoon's case it was the latter.

His target just had to have a business trip to ing Tokyo for a whole month. Yes, that meant he wouldn't come back to London any time soon the week Taekwoon was there and his client wanted him to be dead as soon as possible. That meant in concrete that Taekwoon -who loved animals, kids and everything described with the word cute, who just flew 12 hours from Seoul to London and who was dead tired, exhausted, jet-legged and just wanted to bury himself under a blanket and sleep for the next three days- had to get on the next plain to Tokyo. Of all places his target could have gone to it just had to be the one that was over 9.000 kilometres away. It was even worse that he couldn't travel in first class like with his flight from Seoul to London but had to take the economy option because there was nothing else left on such a short notice. As if that wasn't enough he had to spend four additional hours in the airport because the flight was delayed because of the bad weather. It really wasn't Taekwoon's day. Oh who was he kidding? It's never Taekwoon's day.


The flight itself wasn't all that bad. Sure he had way less space for his stupidly long legs but he was seated next to a nice young lady with her adorable seven year old daughter Lucy. She was lovely and kind of reminded him of Hakyeon. Even though Taekwoon was a complete stranger she didn't have a problem striking up a conversation with him, once her mother was asleep and could no longer entertain the little girl. She told him about how it was her first flight and that she wasn't one bit scarred, like here brother said she would be. Taekwoon in return complimented her on her braveness and that just urged her on to talk more. She explained him how they were on the way to her stepfather and brother whom she had never really met besides through video calls. Also she was very eager to tell him about Black, their cute and mischievous cat who had -surprise surprise- black fur, and Scooter, their lazy and grumpy turtle. Besides that Taekwoon also learned that Scooter didn't like Black because Black always touches and Scooter's tank and tries to wake him every time he sleeps. With the little stories of Lucy the thirteen hour flight went over in no time.


The target itself was pretty easy to kill. Taekwoon found him in a hotel bar. Taekwoon sat himself right next to him, ordered a glass of red wine, waited until Mr. Smith was distracted and slipped something into his drink. After that he calmly finished his drink and stood up. His phone rang, Hakyeon.

“Hey, how are you? How's Tokyo?”
Taekwoon threw over his coat.
“Too cold.”
“Aww my poor Taekwoonie. When are you coming back?”
“Tomorrow probably. Listen, I still have some lose ends to tie up. I'll call you when I'm back at the hotel in about an hour probably.”
“Alright, be careful,” Hakyeon's honey sweet voice called over the phone as Taekwoon stepped out of the bar and into the cool night air, “love you.”
“Love you too,” he answered with a smile before he hung up and put the phone away. Tonight he would finally get his well deserved rest after the phone call with Hakyeon. Still with a smile resting on his lips he went towards the next station.

The sound of a loud thump and the few shocked gasps were drowned out by the door falling shut.


One day and a three hours flight later and Taekwoon finally arrived at Incheon Airport. It was good to be back home, as much as he would have liked that week in London. But coming home to his makeshift family was even better. At least there he could protect them. It's not that they'd need it -they're all trained killers- but Taekwoon still liked to keep them safe himself.

Right now though as he read Hakyeon's message he wasn't so sure about that anymore.

”Don't kill Jaehwan or Sanghyuk, they're not really responsible for what happened. I forgot my meds, can you bring them over to Minhyuk's, please? I'm probably staying there for a while.

Love you xxx.”

After reading the message thrice in a row he speed dialled Hakyeon's number but got directed to his voice-mail.
“Damn it,” Taekwoon grumbled to himself as he stormed out of the airport hall, not caring if he ran into other people. Once outside he hailed the next cab and told the driver -who seemed quite intimidated, probably because of his death glare- his address and lent back with an angry huff once that was done.
He was gone for more then a day and the kids had managed to drive Hakyeon away. Great. Just great. Taekwoon was fuming. He knew Hakyeon, he was a very patient person. The only things that could make him really lose his temper was if someone tried to hurt his family or if someone asked him about his past. Taekwoon had experience with the latter and it wasn't nice. Hakyeon ignored him for a whole month after Taekwoon had once asked about his family. It was a good sign that Hakyeon at least trusted Taekwoon to tell him where he was, because the last time he disappeared that wasn't the case. But there wasn't much time to think about it for Taekwoon, seeing as the cab had reached their home. He paid the driver and heaved his luggage out of the car before storming towards their apartment. Luckily they had an elevator, because Taekwoon's legs were stiff from being cramped into the plane for three hours.

When he was in front of apartment 444 he punched in the code for the door, stepped through it and slammed it shut angrily. He didn't know if the others were still in the house but if they were he wanted them to know he was there.
Without even taking of his shoes or the long black coat he stalked through the entrance hall and into the living room, where he was greeted by four people.

“Alright, who do I have to kill?” Of course Taekwoon knew it had to be Hongbin and Wonshik but he wanted to see if anyone felt guilty at all. It was a satisfying result as the two culprits raised their hands.
“But Hyung we-”
He stopped Hongbin with a hand gesture.
“Don't speak now.” The eldest took a deep breath. It was their luck that Hakyeon really needed those meds, or else he'd already be on their throats.
“Listen, Hakyeon forgot his meds so I'm going to bring those to him.”
“You know where Hakyeon is?!” Jaehwan shouted with worry and Taekwoon was glad that they at least knew that they went too far this time. Still, he couldn't show them weakness.
“Don't. Speak. I have some very rough hours behind me and I am really not up to explaining anything a second time. Alright?” The four assassins nodded in unison and Taekwoon resumed his announcement.
“I'll be bringing them to Hakyeon, there I'll hear his side of the story, then I'll come back here and I'll hear your story. If you're wondering why I'm doing this: Because you know that Hakyeon won't lie in any point, so I'm giving you time to think about what you're going to say. Just in case you wanted to let anything fall under the rug. Did I make myself clear?”
They answered in a silent nod again, which Taekwoon took as his clue to get Hakyeon's meds.

On his way out he passed the living room again and caught how Wonshik and Hongbin quickly turned their heads away after making eye contact with him and Taekwoon couldn't help the satisfaction flooding his body.
No one messes with Hakyeon and gets away with it. Not even the ones he calls his family.

“This is going to be a long night,” the blond said with a sigh as he pulled the door closed behind him.


Hey Hey^^ 

This is a continuation from Chapter 16. I hope you like it ;) 

MegaLia <3