Twelfth Story (A)

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: "I wasn't planning on going for a run today, but those cops came out of nowhere!"

“So I just have to steal some documents, right?” Sanghyuk asked the women on the other end of the line again. You couldn't be so sure with female clients. They tended to babble about everything so that you had to figure it out yourself what they wanted.
“Yes and please as soon as possible.”
“Well that depends on how much you're willing to pay,” he stated.
“Everything. My husband and me are quite wealthy.” A wide grin spread on the youngest features.
“Perfect. I should have the documents before six in the evening. Thanks for considering Vixx for your assignment.” And with that he ended the conversation.

He moved from his spot in the kitchen to put on his shoes and jacket, before he grabbed his door keys from his room.
“I'm going out, Hyungs!”
“Have fun!” Came the cheerful reply from Hakyeon. It surprised the younger every time how well Hakyeons hearing was. He was sure that the elder was somewhere upstairs and Hyuk hadn't really shouted.

Shrugging he opened the door and strolled out to full fill his job.
It really wasn't something difficult, but the clients were new ones, which meant he could get a good amount of extra cash. Sure they had their fixed prices but just that amount went into their budgetary fund. The rest was his to spend.

Whistling happily as he walked to the office building Sanghyuk thought about what he could do with the extra money. Well he would definitely buy some new animes and mangas but what should he do with the rest. He could buy some new clothes. Not that he hadn't enough already, but according to Hakyeon you could never have enough clothes. But he could also spend it in the gaming centre that just opened a few days ago.
I'll decide spontaneously.


Ten minutes later the black-haired arrived at his destination. A high, luxury looking business tower which walls were mostly made of glass.
According to the job details he had to get some important documents from an office on the fifth floor. One of my easiest tasks.

Sanghyuk casually stepped into the building and marched up to the front desk, which was occupied by a friendly looking lady in her twenties.
“Excuse me, miss?” He asked like the polite kid he was with a gorgeous smile.
“Yes? How may I help you?”
“I have an appointment with Mister Wu Yifan but I'm not quit sure were his office is exactly. He told me it's on the fifth floor and that I should ask you which office it
is.”

“Oh of course. It's the room 104. Just take the elevator to the fifth floor and then go straight,” she answered with a pretty smile.
“Thank you for your help.”
 

Once in front of the room 104 he knocked and waited for the permission to enter.
“How can I help you, kid?”
Kid?? I'm not a kid you stupid idiot.I'm already 21.
“Ah excuse me for my interruption but I'm the new intern and I was told that there's a big problem on the first floor. I wasn't told what it was but it seemed to be really bad.”
The blonde male immediately stood up.
“If that damned Kim Jongdae destroyed something again, I'll swear to god, I'll kill him!”
And with that he was gone, leaving the younger alone in his office.
That went easier than expected. That he didn't even questioned me.

Poor guy… I hope he'll be alright. I would feel so bad if he got in trouble because of me.
...

“Oh well that's bad luck then. Time to finish this job. If I'm quick I can watch the new Naruto episode,” I mumbled to myself while going over to the abandoned desk. Finding the documents also wasn't that hard, because they weren't even hidden. They just lay on top of a stack of other documents and literally invited him to take them. And who would Sanghyuk be if he'd turned down their request.

Casually striding out of the office Sanghyuk made his way back to the entrance with the documents securely tucked under his arms.
“Yah! You! Who are you?!” A sudden loud voice called behind the black-haired and he instantly new by the tone that it was the stupid idiot who called him a kid just moments before. Not caring to give the other man an answer Sanghyuk increased his pace and took the stairs instead of the elevator.
“I'm talking to you kid! Stay where you are!”
Yeah, as if I would listen to you old man.
With flying steps Sanghyuk ran down the five flight of stairs, past the front desk and out of the building, never really falling into a run.
 

Thinking that he was out of danger the second he stepped around the next corner, Sanghyuk slowed down his pace. It was a really hot summer day after all and he wasn't going to run if nobody was after him.

Whistling to himself again he casually walked down the side walk of a not so busy street as suddenly a loud voice resounded through the air.
“Police! Stay where you are!”
Crap!!
Without even looking behind him to see how far they were away, Sanghyuk broke out into a run.
How the hell did they get here so fast?! Normally they take an eternity!

Fast as lighting the black-haired ran through the streets, taking more turns then necessary to shake off his unwanted followers. Their constant yells didn't even get through to his ears anymore. Why even do this? It was a waste of breath and it wasn't like he would follow their instructions anyway.

Taking a sharp right turn, Sanghyuk came into a small alley with a high fence halfway through. For others the fence was probably to high but not for Sanghyuk. He had climbed above it more then one time already and knew exactly how to pass it the fastest way.

It was safe to say, that after he had passed it and was out ofthe alley, that he had shook off his followers, but didn't stop running even thought he was breathing
like crazy. Better be safe than sorry.
 

The last few meters to their apartment felt like hell to the younger but he didn't give into the burning sensation in his legs.
But once in the familiar building and standing behind the closed doors of the elevator Sanghyuk allowed himself to catch his breath again. Droplets of sweet dripped from his face like mad and the clothes were literally glued to his body. Out of all days, today had to be the hottest of the week.

The doors of the elevator opened with a ding, making the younger looking up as he locked eyes with an all to familiar person.
“Why did you go for a run today of all days? It's like 40 degrees out there. Are you crazy?” Jaehwan stated the obvious while looking at the other with amused and confused eyes.
“I wasn't planning on going for a run today, but I swear – those cops came out of nowhere!”