Twentieth Story

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: Flower Crowns

“I don't understand what I'm doing wrong...” It was a typical Monday morning. Just with the difference that today was the first day of a new school term. This was also the day Hakyeon loved the most in his career as an elementary school teacher. All the kids running about the school, some overly excited others more timid. There were the new ones, still hiding behind their parents and the older ones that greeted their friends with great enthusiasm. It was just so much young, fresh and innocent lives all around the school grounds one had to love it, Hakyeon did at least. The brunet sat outside at a bench that overlooked the whole playground while the kids happily played with each other during the lunch break. It was only 10:30 am but the sun was already high on the sky, a strong breeze coming by every now and then making it quite pleasant.
The first ten minutes he was alone until a large from slumped down next to him with a sigh of utter exhaustion.
“It's the same every year. Why do they hate me so much?” Hakyeon couldn't help but laugh and coo at his adorable boyfriend as he gave the black mop on his head a good pat. “I'm sure they don't hate you.”
“Yes they do. You should have seen it,” the younger teacher said frustrated, his head propped up on his hands, “they were sitting at their places chatting with each other and when I closed the door they looked at me and instantly went silent. The fear was practically written all over their faces.” A huge sigh left the black haireds lips and Hakyeon truly felt sorry for him. Taekwoon loved kids. He adored them so much, which was the biggest reason why he had taken the job in the first place. It was just his misfortune that his whole looks and aesthetics screamed doom.
Hakyeon always told him to wear other colours and maybe dye his hair in a brighter colour, but that just wasn't his style he would say. He didn't like it when he was in the middle of attention -which was quite contradicting to his job as a teacher- and bright colours did just that.

Therefore it wasn't so much that the kids hated him. They just needed time to see the true Taekwoon. He was after all a natural when it came to dealing with children. Taekwoon was soft spoken had the patience of a lion and awarded his classes with sweets if they behaved good for the whole week. The older kids obviously loved him. It was just the younger ones that got a bit scared of his appearance.
“I don't know what to do anymore. After seven years it just gets so tiring.” The brunet comfortingly rubbed his boyfriends back as he looked for a solution, as suddenly something caught his eyes.
He quickly got up from his place and went over to a circle of 4th year girls.


“Hey there girls,” he greeted the group of four, which he knew from his arts class, and crouched down, “Do you mind if you could make me one of those beautiful flower crowns?”
“You think they are beautiful? Minho said they were boring and stupid,” the oldest, Sunmi, said skulking and Hakyeon had to suppress a smile.
“No of course they are not boring and they are definitely not stupid. Don't bother with the boys. They easily don't know how to appreciate true beauty yet. I think they are magnificent and you would do me a great favour if you would make me one. Or rather if you made me one for Mr. Jung.”
“Really?!” An excited squeal left Hyorin's throat as she shook her golden locks in glee, probably at the prospect at seeing dark, mysterious Mr. Jung wearing a flower crown. Hakyeon could understand her excitement.
“Yes really.”
All four of them simultaneously sprang into motion and ran to collect the most beautiful flowers like they had said.

Chuckling to himself Hakyeon went back to his space on the bench where Taekwoon still sat seemingly not having noticed his short disappearance.
“Hey Taekwoonie I have an idea,” the head with his lovers beautiful long black hair shot up faster than a bullet, “but for it to work you have to promise me two things.”
“What?” Another laugh escaped the brunets throat at the youngers desperation. “Okay first: You'll accept everything I'm about to do to you in the next ten minutes without complaint and second: You're not allowed to undo anything I'm about to do to you in the next ten minutes.”
“This'll end horrible for me, won't it?”
“Now don't be so sour. You want the kids to like you and I'm helping. Now turn your face to me and let me braid your hair.”
“What?!” A scandalized look had crossed the other teachers face as Hakyeon began by grabbing a strand from the front and parted it in three.
“Just let me do it and shut up. This'll be awesome, believe me,” the brunet chirped as he began braiding that one strand. His luck that he had a handful of rubber bands in his pocked, thanks to his introduction game with the third years.
Once he was finished he went over to the other side and did the same.
“Hakyeon this is stupid...”
“You've asked for help, now be a man and it up.”

Just in time as he had finished the second braid and bound both together at the back of Taekwoon's head in a wreath, the group of girls joined them.
“We are finished, Mr. Cha!” the twins shouted in unison while Sunmi held out a beautiful flower crown made of daisy’s.
“Wow it looks amazing girls! Thank you you've helped a lot,” Hakyeon praised them as Sunmi handed him the crown to carefully place it on top of Taekwoon's head, right above the braided wreath.
Loud squeals escaped the girls throats as they took a look at their music teacher, who's cheeks sprouted a deep red blush as he tried to avoid looking anyone in the eyes.
“Judging by your reaction, Mr. Jung doesn't look so intimidation anymore, does he?” He received four eager nods as the girls kept on giggling.
“We've also made one for you Mr. Cha!” Hyorin exclaimed and promptly placed the crown on top of his head, taking not only him by surprise but also Taekwoon. It only lasted a few moments though before a bright smile stretched over Hakyeon's lips. Kids are such innocent and sweet creatures.
“Why thank you! That is very nice of you.”

He talked some more with the girls before they ran to their other classmates to tell them what they did. All the while Hakyeon could feel Taekwoon's eyes on him.
“Okay I know I'm gorgeous but if you keep staring like that I promise it will stay.” The black haired spluttered as if caught red-handed as he quickly averted his eyes. He really was the sweets and now with the flower crown and the strands -that fell into his face every now and then- out of the way he looked none bit threatening anymore.
Hakyeon was sure that it wouldn't take as long as usual for Taekwoon's new class to like him.

What a great boyfriend your are, Cha Hakyeon.