Third Story (A)

Vixx One Shots

Prompt: "That was either fireworks or 39 more bodies can be added to their list."

“Hyung, we have a problem,” a hasty looking Sungjae stated as he stormed into his Team leaders room, shortly followed by Peniel. The brown-haired looked up from the Documents he was just reading, already used to the sudden appearance of his younger team members.
“Let me guess: They're at it again...”
The other two just gave a nod.
“How many this time?”
“Three.”
“Where were they found?”
“Near the riverside.”
Eunkwang sighed and got up, while grabbing his coat.
“Okay, let's go take a look at them...”
 

Twenty minutes later the three of them arrived at the crime scene.
“Where are the bodies?”
Sungjae pointed at a spot ahead from them.
“Well then, let's get to work,” the eldest said sighing again.
 

That was already the fourth time this month something like that had happened. Everything was perfect in Seoul (if you left out the normal crimes like theft or something similar) as suddenly, out of nowhere, dead bodies started to appear. And there was no useful evidence as to whom could have done it. Only a business card with the words 'Vixx' and a kiss smiley written on it, sticking to one of the bodies. Sometimes the bodies were badly damaged, pointing to a cruel death and other times there was not even blood on them, which led to the conclusion, that it wasn't just one culprit they were after, but at least two and they had literally no idea who it could be or how many.
 

Eunkwang, Peniel and Sungjae each inspected one body. Peniels was a middle aged businessman, Sungjaes a barely legal boy and Eunkwangs a young adult, probably in her mid twenties.
“Am I the only one who hears music?” Sungjae questioned some minutes into the inspection.
“Don't bother. It's just a banquet of that rich business man. You know the one who was in the news just some days ago, because he took over that company of his brother,” Peniel answered without looking up from the dead man in front of him.
“How did you know?”
“The secretaries gushed about it as they heard where the dead bodies were found.”
“Ah...”

For some moments after that it was silent, just the music from the feast playing in the background, as suddenly a loud explosion rang through the air.
...
“Okay, that was either fireworks or 39 more bodies can be add to their list,” Sungjae dead panned, just earning sighs from Peniel and Eunkwang.

That means overtime again…, was the collective thought of the three police officers.