Chapter 8: A Phone Call

Lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wrote this even before reading twitter, a prophecy perhaps. SCREAMING. Here y'all, a weekend treat. 

Chapter 8: A Phone Call

We said hello at half past one,

All our chores for the morning

Done;

And as we spoke about our day,

The world began to fall away.

To our highest hopes and deepest

Fears

If I had one wish, I’d wish you

Here.

The tantrums and the horror shows

The stories only you would know.

All the while with the ticking clock,

Laughing as if we’d never stop;

We said goodnight at half past ten

At midnight, we said goodnight,

Again.

Many people would like to thank the progressions of the 21st century, most especially the millennials who are enjoying the wonders of it. No flying cars yet, but we have Gdragon, so we are still winning.

Kwon Ji Yong would like to thank FaceTime, though the camera of his phone does not give justice to the beauty of his woman, he is still thankful for the audio because he gets to hear her voice. Dara’s speaking voice is very fresh and bubbly. That’s why after a concert, when he is alone in his hotel room, which is really depressing, any idol can relate to that, he would need to hear her voice to be reminded that life is good.

He just finished his nightly routines which includes putting on a mask, he’s quite confused if Dara really wanted him to try it for his skin or she just bought too many. She even reminded him to put one every night so he can have a skin like hers. There he is all comfy on the bed as he settled his head on his very own “Krungy” neck pillow that smelled like her perfume, he grabbed his now fully-charged phone on the side table to call the babe.

It only took two rings until she answered, looks like she’s in the middle of her skincare routine, the camera was focused somewhere else but he heard her saying “Wait a second.”

Thus, he waited for a bit, he is used to it already. He can hear her movements and she’s humming a song, he’s guessing it’s IU’s Pallette. After a few minutes Dara finally appeared on his screen.

It’s not his intention to roll his eyes but the guy is worn-out so he seems like the grumpy Kwon. Dara noticed it, she knows when he’s like that it only means he’s upset.

“Hello!!!” she greeted but cranky Kwon only gave a soft “hmm”

“How’s my baby?” she asked as she sat on her bed. She can see how her cat looked extra tired today. “Tired?” a follow up question because he pouted.

“Do you want to talk about it?” When she asked that he could only release a big sigh, and she made herself comfortable on her bed because that sigh will be followed by a long rant. Though she, herself is exhausted and will be starting early again tomorrow, she just buckled herself up, because he needs to be reminded that he has somebody.

“I was not able to end my concert properly.” That alerted her.

“Are you hurt?” her voice was full of concern.

“Not me, some of my fans.” The secret to Kwon Ji Yong’s success as Gdragon is his passion to his work and his sincerity to his fans. Ji Yong is a perfectionist when it comes to his music and production because he does not want to disappoint his fans. He claimed this Motte Tour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter