Chapter 14: Thoughts

Lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thoughts

Dawn turns to day,

As stars are dispersed;

Wherever I lay,

I think of you first.

The sun has arisen,

The sky, a sad blue.

I quietly listen---

The wind sings of you.

The thoughts we each keep,

That are closest to heart,

We think as we sleep----

And you’re always my last.

Dara already did her usual nightly skincare routines and the blind tests for GIB. Kwon Jiyong is at in Europe, doing what he does best. The love of her life keeps on impressing people and her heart is happy for him. For she was there when he was still imagining all the things that he has achieved today.

She was there when all they can eat was a mere microwaved chocopie and they were already fulfilled. She saw the dorm full of rats and she have heard his stories about how haunted it was.

He was there for her when she got rejected and he was the one who went all the way to get her to the girl group she treasures so much. He saw her train and worked harder because she herself does not believe in what she can do, he was the one that filled that void.

“Funny how I believe in you more than you believed in yourself.” Jiyong sounded so manly and so mature. He led her on, not only to loving him but also to loving herself. That’s when she told herself, that kid should be hers and only hers, luckily, he would love to be hers, forever and a day.

The only constant thing in life is change. Kwon Jiyong is Sandara Park’s favorite constant. They changed into some much bigger individuals but their hearts’ rhythmic beatings for each other didn’t.

It almost stopped 3 years ago, but it was saved by them. Phew! That was a close call.

She held her breath. He did too.

“What I felt for you was love…you know that right?” he said.

“Felt?---Was?------Kwon Jiyong I thought I was the cold one. You’re talking in past tense now? That’s cruel.” She replied, quite proud of herself because she did not breakdown. “But I understand.” The most admirable thing about her is, she will try to understand him, if he felt like it’s too much and they needed that awful space, she’ll give him his much-needed space.

But a photoshoot? That was the last straw.

“Good Riddance, you .” She thought. Office-romance should be banned. Kwon Jiyong should be blocked, unfollowed and muted in her life.

Life is indeed a box full of surprises, who would’ve thought Kwon Jiyong will pull his way back to her heart, especially when he knew about the men that would love to have her love.

He dated that woman, she’s back on track in dating too. Two can play that push and pull game, but who’s better at it?

Noona was better at it.

“Get in line Kwon.” Said his bestfriend Youngbae, who gave him a mocking smirk. “It was you who let go…” he added. Jiyong was just trying to know who he must take down, but the people who knew about them were not helping his .

Noona is powerful. A respected entity in YG. Even Chaerin, only gave him a shrug which was better than Bom who cussed him off to hell, “ you Jiyong, take that sorry to your .” Their maknae Minzy rolled her eyes on him.

He asked the great Seungri, whom he thought might be playing cupid for Dara, but he said, “One song, and I’ll talk.”

“Who is she dating these days?” he asked.

“Hyoong, I told you, give me one song first before I spill.”

“Make your own!”

“I did-- but the boss will only release my album if you have written something on it!” Seungri whined.

Nobody spilled anything about Dara’s dating life that time. That’s why Jiyong had to slide through her Line and Kakao.

“Hi”

“Who’s this?” BUT Dara knows his number by heart, it’s even her password in one of her accounts.

“You really deleted my number?”

“Jiyong?”

“Nabi-ya.”

“Shut up.”

“I miss you.”

“Do not play now.”

“I am sorry.”

“You better be.”

Funny how she replied to his messages when it was already 3 am and she has an early schedule. “Kwon Jiyong…” she sighed.

In 2017 her 3 am in South Korea, tells a different story.

It is 8pm in Paris.

“Are you sleeping? I am still with Dami-noona and friends. I bought a bunch of stuff for you.” She smiled when she read his message.

“I miss you.”she replied.

“You’re still not sleeping? Fix your sleeping habits babe. It is not healthy.”

“I will. When your World Tour is done…” That is not for her to guilt trip him, she was just telling the truth, Jiyong knows how she gets anxious whenever he’s flying around, she tracks his flights. He knows she gets paranoid, so when he lands and gets reception, he updates her right away.

“I miss you more.” He replied with a photo of him pouting. How’d he snuck his way to take it is beyond her.

“My babe looks cute. Aigooo.kkk.”

“By the way, why didn’t you post the other gisaeng photo you sent me?”

“Because it’s only for you!”

“Really?! You’re being cheesy today.”

“Because I want you home.” Then it was her turn to send him a pouting picture.

“awwwwe. Babe…should I go home now?”

“kkk. Should you? I’ll ditch Seunghyunie for you!”

“Let’s runaway baby!”

“Let’s goooo!!!”

“kkkk”

“You’re crazy!”

“Saranghaeeee-yoooo”

“Sarangaheeeeyyyyyoooo!”

“kkk”

“sleep now . You’ll see me soon.”

“Take care and behave.”

“Nehhhhh!”

“Ppppyoooong!”

For the past weeks of waking up in his arms, Sandara got so spoiled. She got used to sleeping and waking up next to him. She’s always tired and whenever he envelopes her with his warmth she gets to sleep well.

She was never this clingy.

God forbid she’s becoming needy… She hates feeling this way because she’s a strong independent woman but JIYONG NEEDS TO COME HOME NOW. Should she blame he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter