Chapter 4: Three Questions

Lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Three Questions

What was it like to love him? Asked

Gratitude

It was like being exhumed, I answered.

And brought to life in a flash of brilliance.

 

What was it like to be loved in return?

Asked Joy.

It was like being seen afar a perpetual darkness, I replied. To be heard after a

lifetime of silence.

 

What was it like to lose him? Asked

Sorrow.

There was a long pause before I I

Responded.

 

It was like hearing every good-bye ever said to me------said all at once.

 

Drabbles/Fluffs in Dara’s POV. 2017

Gratitude

“I love you. Have a great day ahead, beautiful. Ahh. You must be asleep now. I’m sorry if you waited for me again. You should sleep earlier, you told me you have filmings for the rest of the week. Do you take your vitamins? Eat well. I miss you.”

It was the first message I received this morning, on my private phone. *smirks* You see, I am a very careful woman, I have 2 of everything when it comes to business. I know it’s the weekend, Ji Yong must be in New York or probably on his way to Toronto. I myself cannot keep up from all his activities. He’s 13 hours behind from where I am. It’s never easy to get used to this distance. It will never be easy. He sent a message at 3 am, I am really in my deep sleep at that time because I am still recovering from my flu.

“Goodmorning! I did wait for you and I am sorry I fell asleep. I am still recovering from the flu. Hey, do not worry about me, if anything it should be you who should be watching his health. Cut off the cigarettes babe, I know it calms your nerves but a pack should be good for 2 days. Saranghae. Really Reallly!”

MESSAGE SENT. I was going to wash my face when my phone rang. Huh. Our Ji Yongie wants to facetime!!!Yesss!

 I can already see him looking drained but still cute. He must be settling down to sleep.

“Annyeong!” that came out husky, my morning voice is not very attractive. My morning recovering-from-the-flu voice, rather. I tried to sound energetic.

“wassup. How’s my Dara-noona.?” He may look tired but he’s trying to annoy me. He’s trying to focus the camera on his face while finding that spot on place on the pillow.

“Noona?” I heard him laugh when I rolled my eyes. You know, I never lied about my age but my boyfriend loves to annoy this ahjumma, I am telling you there are hidden meanings behind it. He must’ve watched Insolent Housemates.

“Noona is my woman though.” Oh how I wanna scrub that smirk off his face, whether by violence or by kisses.

“Yeah right. Did you watch it?” I can’t help but smile, I know he’s trying to keep his jealousy. I saw him roll his eyes this time.

“Do not let that kid fall hard my love. Do not be a heartbreaker.” I can see his forehead crease, so I do not know if I should take that seriously or play along.

“Rich coming from you. Do not let your friend fall for you too. You know she likes you, so everything you do for her she’ll think it’s something else. “Of course, I am as blunt as he wanted me to be. Years of being together through ups and downs? That felt nice, when I said it. He needs to know what I feel about the women trying to use him. I am not trying to say I am a saint but all I am saying is Ji Yong is not a good judge of a character. He’s clueless when it comes to snakes. Since he’s trying to say I am the older individual in this relationship I know who slithers their way into show business and use Ji Yong as a stepping stone. Have you all heard Superstar? That’s a diss track.

“Is that jealousy, I hear?”

“I should ask you the same.” I scoffed. I am really getting annoyed.

There was a long pause. Are we fighting?

“I miss you.” Now I heard him say. His voice has a tinge of sadness because he’s been overworking. He hasn’t partied, he’s away and he must do rehearsals. My future hubby will be feeding us good.

“I love you and I miss you too. Come back home!!!!” I am just here trying to lighten up the mood. If Ji Yong wants to face time we should use it as the stretch to catch up and just show our love to each other. Oops!I need to ask him “How are you really my love?”

He was yawning before he could answer me, which is very cute, like a cat.

“Tired. Sleepy. Missing you.”

“I miss you too much that I binge-watched all the shows that you were in.”

“Even 2ne1 TV?”

“Yess. Even 2ne1 TV.”

“Even some old training videos of you. I feel like a samchon fan.” He added and I took note at how he’s already mumbling while eyes are closed. I’ll give him 5 minutes and he’ll be having a snooze fest.

He took a sharp intake of breath. “Today I just went around with SooJoo noona and only Gee Eun noona, I don’t know who you were ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter