Chapter 10: Dumplings

Lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10:Dumplings

Her impatient hands work slowly.

Like this, she says.

Then you dip your finger in the egg yolk.

Put it between the sheet and press it down firmly.

She watches as he fumbles.

The little pocket pastry is foreign in his hands.

She reaches out, placing hers on either side of his face. Pulling him towards herm she kisses him warmly.

This is why I love you.

The sides of his face are white from her flour-coated hands.

It makes her laugh.

If only you could see yourself the way I do.

He smiles sheepishly.

Yours are so pretty, he says.

He puts down the oddly shaped dumpling.

And picks up another sheet of pastry.

 

Dara and Ji Yong has been mastering this game for years, especially when they are on the same event, visible in the public’s eye. She’s fine with this because she is an actress, he hates this because she does not have any idea how beautiful she is. She’s beautiful but dense, making it harder for him than it already is.

It’s called pparabam!(Dara-noona style) the game of let’s pretend.

Let’s pretend I don’t know you, that we’re civil, that you’re cold so we don’t really talk. Let’s pretend that we do not date someone from the same company even though I told the world the you are my ideal type. Let’s pretend that you have someone else in that alley on that summer night, that shocked me like the others. Let’s pretend that I don’t love you even though you make my heart beat faster and slower all at the same time. Lastly, let’s pretend that what happened on the night of January was just a joke because we really are just good friends but years ago I told everyone we are not close.

Okay, so we’ll pretend that you’re not bulsting us with all these family shiz just because has been good because of GoT.

Going back.

Ji Yong hates their game, it’s just dragging. He finds it difficult especially when both their groups were active and they get to be on the same show. Whenever he comes out to smoke, he would hear some idols asking for Dara’s number or some would have the guts to knock at 2ne1’s waiting room to talk to her.

He also has some A-list actors on his catalogue of Dara predators. Some of them will go out of their way to get her flowers and other flashy stuff. Other than idols and actors, Dara have some chaebol suitors too, which are really the loud old money brats who would only use her as “trophy wife”.

Whenever he mentions his worries about her suitors, Dara can pacify him by saying, “I like it when you tell me you’re jealous!”

“Why?”

“Because I like how you tell me I am yours!” she answers.

He will just give her that triumphant smile, “Yes babe, you’re mine.”

These two are quite party goers too, they go clubbing together with friends. Celebrities got some exclusive night clubs for them and some other Korean rich brats. There was this one time when both already promised to go to one of their friends’ birthday bash held at a club.

What happened was Ji Yong’s pettiness somehow kicked in when he saw Dara’s outfit for the night.

It was a sleeveless black body-con dress, that is too short for his liking. He’s already prepared for the night but he had to pick up Dara from her place, when he came in her room, she was just sitting in front of her vanity table, doing her make-up. Since she’s sitting, he still cannot see it. He gave her a kiss on her bare shoulders, before laying down on her bed.

“Hey babe.” She greeted, without looking at him as she’s carefully putting on a mascara.

“Annyeong.” He sounded so tired because he had a photoshoot that day. She let her play games on his phone as she finishes her make up. They stayed quiet as they do their own things.

Then she stood up, making him turn his face to look at her. He likes it because his woman looks good in anything, but they’re going in a club full of hungry wolves.

“What are you wearing?” he asked, looking at her from head to toe.

“A dress.” She answered, she continued to walk to her closet to look for a matching bag.

“You cannot wear that.”

“I can wear whatever I want, Ji Yong.”

“I don’t like it.”

“Okay… and?!” taunting the dragon is what Dara does best.

“We’re not going then.” He said and went out of her room to get water, he’s pissed alright. Not even seconds later, Dara followed him out. “Stop being a child Ji Yong!” she exclaimed.

“Change your clothes then.” He said it with his cold poker face.

“I cannot wear skirts now?”

“You can. Your dress is too tight.” Earning a deep breath from her, he saw her go back of her room to change. But he heard her slam the door. He got what he wanted, Dara changed into a mini skirt but it was longer than the first one, she matched it with a shirt topped it off with a thin cardigan. She was going to wear stilettos but satan Ji Yong said not tonight, she just grabbed sneakers from her closet.

That’s how protective Ji Yong is when it comes to her. NOT too much skin, imagine how he went out of his way when 2ne1 got their CRUSH clothings. Even Bigbang was embarrassed, but that’s another st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter