Chapter 16: Tsunamis

Lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Tsunamis

Be careful about giving your heart too quickly; I was told.

Boys only have one thing on their mind, they cautioned.

I don’t know if he truly loves me ----how can I be sure? I can’t say with any conviction that he won’t break my heart----but how can I have stopped him from taking what was already his?

He swept in like a tsunami, wave after wave, and I didn’t stand a chance. All those warnings, all the things they tried to prepare me for----lost in an instant----to the enormity of what I’ve felt.

In YG, we do not date family, but we marry them. The CEO being the first one to dispel “Family” because he married one of his idols and disbanded them sweeties. All’s cool, because they were not as iconic as 2ne1, which he also destroyed because he’s ugly. One cannot think of any rational reason aside from him being ugly.

Park Bom the queen which YG has been playing dirty, is in the building with her most favorite friend to annoy, Sandara Park. They’re supposed to hit the gym but Bom said, not today because her nails are new. She dragged Dara to one of the building’s lounge area, to eat some dried mangos that her friend got for her.

Dara is in her usual tracksuit for gym early Friday morning because Bom asked her to exercise, but they ended up with the latter eating the snacks she bought. She knows, what they’ll be talking about especially on the way her friend is eyeing her. Right across the long table, sits Bom with no make up on and with her signature messy bun.

“Yah…” she managed to say before swallowing the dried mango. Dara sighed because it’s the start.

“Why do you look so gloomy suddenly?!” Lady Spring asked.

Dara’s usual bare face is not glowing, which Bom assumes as the ASG (after glow). If Dara and Jiyong is real, ASG too.

The other day she was skimming through her friend’s photos on sns. Dara had an event where she surpassed being a goddess like it’s not real anymore. Royal blue off-shoulder dress plus a very cute guy as an accessory, like sign us the up. Bommie is curious on how did the homecoming-imissyousomuch- go?

“I just do not have make-up on…” her friend answered.

“You’re supposed to glow because Jiyong is here in Korea.” Dara gave her a scowl. Her eyebrows are getting connected now, it’s too early for the hot seat and besides her mind is somewhere else, it’s in Jeju.

“oh…this is why you’re here with me, instead of in his place or in your place…” Who knows.

“He went to Jeju.” she heard her whispered. Dara looked sullen. It was not sadness in her face it’s like she’s on her own reflection mode.

“Why?”

“He needs a break...”

“From work?”

“From me too.” Her friend looked down biting her lips. Bom knows Dara feels a little off today. She thinks the couple must’ve fought but Jiyong will not leave her until they settle things, they’ve outgrown that . Before when the two fights, he will be in clubs or in Japan without informing her while Dara locks herself in their family home in Busan. Then they’ll just see them together again, glowing, because damn iamsosorrybutiloveyou- is good.

“You fought?!”

“no…”

“You’re not making any sense…” Bom is confused too. Then she heard a loud exhale from her friend, “arrrrrghhhh!”

“It’s my fault Bommiee” Dara sounded like a whiney kid. Bom’s face lit up for she has been lurking these past few days so she knows.

“Ahhh. It’s about your denial again, I thought you don’t care anymore?”

Dara has been posting photos of them, wearing some of their couple items and even went full-on PMO at some point when the two were on their LDR mode. It is just right to assume that she’s ready to claim but she is a ball of contradictions and this might have hurt Jiyong more because she’s the only person in his life that he has been sure of since day 1 or maybe she’s blowing this out of proportions, maybe she’s overthinking.

Dara just keep on stamping him in public as a family or a BaBy BrOtHeR. She hasn’t tasted her own medicine yet that’s why she keeps on repeating it and protocols, as per usual.

“You know I am Team Dara all the way----but have you ever think about how you would feel if it was him that was asked? And he downgraded you too low compared to what you are to him?”

OH BOY. A Dara-related question that abides by the rules of the presscon, we’ve decided to stan Park Bom forever.

“Remember, in 2ne1TV he said he does not date within YG…You gave him a silent treatment for days.” It was a simple statement from him but Dara felt she got stabbed, for her it was a discreet betrayal but it’s understandable because 2ne1 was not as big as they are/were at that time and protocols.

“I remember…” she thought quietly. The memory of him apologizing for something they had to obey, because it was a company policy but her irrationality took over.

“You know Dara…Jiyong writes your beauty in his songs as the dangerous kind. But I personally think, the danger in it is more of how you push him to his limits…” Remember the es LOVE and PAIN? They make you a HappyMess.

“Don’t get surprised if he gets tired…it might be final this time.” There was warning in Bom’s voice. It’s not for her to judge their whole relations

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter