Chapter 5: Acceptance

Lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Acceptance

There are things I miss

That I shouldn’t

And those I don’t

That I should

Sometimes we want

What we couldn’t

Sometimes we love

Who we could

 

“Ji Yong just hung up on me, and no texts since last night, like what the hell was that BOM? And all he just watched is just a preview!” Dara was animatedly ranting while lying on Queen Bom’s bed, about her recent fight with Ji Yong. It was not even a fight considering that she was not able to say something to defend herself.

“So you mean to tell me, you did not call him back too?” Asked Bom squinting, one hand holding an eyeshadow brush, as if trying to grasp what Dara has been trying to say. Dara could only heave a sigh.

The two women were in the comforts of Bom’s home. Dara needed to vent but she only got time during the evening after dinner. Bom’s family were out of town, so the two have the house all by themselves. They were at Bom’s bedroom, Dara was just slumped on the bed while the owner was just sitting on the edge while randomly brushing her face with make up. It’s Park sisters’ typical night. Their bond is just strong that even after the disbandment they always try to meet up. Bom has always been Dara’s go to person when it comes to her relationship with Ji Yong. Chaerin does not want to get involved because she’s friends with the two, not like Bom is not his friend but Bom gives her a boost because she tends to take her side more often.

“Darong, you did not call him?”

“I did not because…”

“Because what?”

Dara just lost it, she grabbed a pillow to cover her face and screamed. Bom just looked at her as if she expected it already.

Bom just shrugged and continued doing her make up, “Dara-ya, you know Ji Yong, he’s childish as when it comes to you. Remember when you took a picture in Tagaytay that looked like you’re about to fall? That damn boy flooded my KaTalk!”

"And that guy is going to be 30 soon.” Dara replied in a muffled voice. Bom turned to look at her and she’s got her eyes wide open as if she just realized that on Friday is going to be Ji Yong’s birthday.

“OMOOOOO! You forgot his birthday?!” Asked Bom surprised that Dara of all people would forget her beloved’s birthday.

“NO!!!I know! It’s just that I just realized how the preview was cut and it is to be aired on his birthday, maybe that’s why he’s pissed.” EUREKA! FOR Dara. Her eyes got lit because she now understands his pettiness.

Bom just gave her a smirk but she raised an eyebrow, “Wait! You told me it’s because of the Tarot reading episode.” She only got a confused look from Dara. “Gotcha!!!You just assumed!!! Bom laughed at her and shaking her head after. Dara could only look at her but now she found herself smiling. She fished out her phone and texted her man.

“Babe, I miss you….” She put a lot of emojis. Not even seconds later she already received a reply.

“I miss you too, but I am still sulking. We’ll talk when I get back.” She could only pout but she heard Bom saying that she should call him, she was about to, suddenly she heard her message alert tone, it was from him again “Do not call me. I’m weak when it comes to you, please let me have this.” That made Dara better because at least they’re okay now. They are at the point in their relationship that space does not equate to a prequel of a break up. Both them just give each other time to cool down, to avoid hurting each other verbally.

THURSDAY:081717

Dara texted Ji Yong’s manager asking him what time they’d be landing today, or if she must book a flight to Japan because he could be THAT petty and fly somewhere else for his birthday.

“Noona, we’ll be there in the evening.”

Good. It means, Ji Yong just needs some tender love and care later but another question is “where would he stay?” Ji Yong lives with his family and as for her, she has two apartments, she has a family home and her own or lowkey her and Ji Yong’s love nest. The PMO headquarters was their love nest before but since his fashion label is slowly making its way to the mainstream fashion, Gee Eun needed it for the operations.

If he is still upset there is no way he’d go straight to her place, his sister is out of town, and his parents might be in Dolce Vita. The Kwon Family apartment might be empty, the unofficial daughter-in-law has her spare keys, Ai is with his sister’s friend because she cannot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter