Chapter 24: Soul Mates

Lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24: Soul Mates

I don’t know how you are so familiar to me—or why it feels like I am getting to know you and more as though, I am remembering who you are. How every smile, every whisper brings me closer to the impossible conclusion that I have known you before, I have loved you before—in another time, a different place—some other existence.

Sandara does not have any memory of lying on a soft bed for the past week, she only has remnants of how officers yell at her to get up. With that, she kept on hearing Jiyong’s “I told you so!”. His smirking face was so vivid whenever she felt tired during that week of a training, she must show him more love whenever they see each other during the weekends—because army training isn’t a headlock joke.

When she felt an arm pulling her closer to a breathing species, she immediately stood up, making everything swirl, “Heol!!!” she shrieked. There was slashing pain that made everything blurry. Her head is asking if it is a hangover.

“What now!?” Jiyong groaned, squinting his eyes, “What’s your problem?!” his just woke up voice will always be her favorite no matter how grumpy he sounded.

“I must be dreaming!” she muttered.

“No—you had too much wine last night. Celebration of your discharge, as if!” he rolled over to let her face his back, tightly hugging his pillow. Then everything came back to her, she just finished filming and all the promotional materials were done for Real Men, her week of becoming a recruit is finally over. Jiyong picked her up and brought her to her chorography practice. He waited a couple of hours for her to finish, before bringing her back to a hotel closer to Hwacheon.

Looking at her phone’s clock it’s only 7 am but she must be somewhere else in the afternoon with Daesung. She can see Jiyong’s knitted eyebrows half-annoyed that he woke up early, but more because she must leave early. She went back to bed joining him under the covers, to shower him with kisses, “bwoyah…” he pretended to be annoyed.

“I missed you!”she chuckled.

“If you really did—you shouldn’t have had too much wine!” he whined. Jiyong never touches her when she’s too drunk to be conscious. “I told you before, you can kiss me, when I respond it’s a yes!”

“Nah—it isn’t right, how did you even get drunk? It’s just a tall glass of wine, what a noob” he snickered when she rolled her eyes but still mirroring the same love he has for her. She pursed her lips as she run her fingers through his smooth face, “I forgot to thank you for picking me up…”

“If you really are thankful…” before finishing his teasing Dara pinched his sides, making him wince for her little hands can bring great pains.

“I’m sorry!!!” she said before pressing her face to the crook of his neck, mumbling how he’s the one who gave her a tall glass, blaming him too. She heard his cheery laugh and it made her heart feel so at ease, even by the way he held her closer to him spoke of love only.

“Babe…last night you were so funny. You’re cussing off your assigned officer!” he never thought he would be able to relate to her when it comes to army training. “You used all the colorful swear words!”

--

Jiyong was granted a weekend off again but kept lowkey about it. Even though day offs are their right, the media can paint it as his privilege—it must be nice not to be bothered by Dispatch. When he first saw her coming his way, Dara got her tired smile, but she is still pretty. There is an autumn chill in the air, Dara is on her usual oversized with camouflage print hoodie, and honestly, he has no idea what she’ll be wearing but he accidentally coupled with her, he’s wearing a rather fleecy jacket with camou prints. He thought she’ll change into civilian clothes but she’s still wearing the uniform. He found her so adorable, like a cute wild bunny. Cute but still bites.

“Hello,” his eyes can show how he grinned when he saw her. Even with wearing a mask, she knows. She gave him a salute, earning a pinch to her cheeks from him.

“Did you do well?!” he asked while examining her body if she got bruises, “EUNGGG!I did!” she grinned at him, “NO bruises?!”

“I am not sure!”

He clicked his tongue, shaking his head. He said nothing, instead he grabbed her things, even opening the car door for her. He heard her giggles, “ommmo!” She followed his every move, “Are you driving?!Are you my manager today?!”

He shrugged when he got to settle on the driver seat, “Husband duties!” he took off his mask and puckered his lips, which she gladly kissed. “Thank you!” He only knew of her performance in the Igija festival the day before, still eyes on the road, he asked, “So what will you perform tomorrow?”

“You know the 2ne1 songs medley…” he just nodded. Okay—it’s harmless, alright. But why does it feel like she’s keeping something from him?! That nagging feeling needed to be voiced out, “And…”

“That’s it!”she sounded so defensive. “Bwoooo!” she shrieked, “Why do I feel like you’re investigating me?!” He squinted his eyes—Dara makes it obvious in her beautiful face when she lies, “You’re keeping something from me….”

“No—Jiyong, stop overthinking!!” then a stupid driver went out of their lane, cutting him. “WOW. What a son of a !!” no it wasn’t Jiyong, Dara cusses like a halmoni when people are stupid on the road.

“Ahjumma! Your language!” Jiyong chastised, “The er cut you, yah!” Jiyong reached for her hands, squeezing it, “it’s alright babe…” He continued telling her she can sleep, he knows it has been a very exhausting week for her. “Just get some shut eye, I know which hotel you’ll be in…”

“You really are my manager today!”

“Correction, husband…” he growled. It is a very rare occurrence to do things like picking her up, waiting for her practice to finish, it is rare, for now. But he will never let her out of his sight after his active service. “Okay nampyeon, I’ll sleep.” She smiled at him, she may appear relaxed, but her heart was too excited, very happy. After a couple seconds, he already heard her light snores, no surprise right there for a military training is both physically and mentally demanding. Sandara is a strong person, a strong woman and for him, she’s the person with the strongest willpower. He got worried at first, but he remembered, his woman is Sandara Park, she’s fearless.

Dara stretches like a cat, after of course a cat nap. Looking at the window she saw they’re still on the road, turning to her left she saw Jiyong all focused on the road. His producer scowl is her favorite expression of him. His focused face is a sight, “Wae-yooo?” he asked, he must have felt how intense she has been looking at him, “I’m trying to focus here, babe. Stop staring!” he pursed his lips, trying to stop himself from smiling. It is driving him nuts as she just stares at him lovingly and not saying anything.

He looked at her to know what she’s up to, “Ya—what,” he was cut off by Dara’s lips, he did not even have any chance to blink, for it was too fast, “Pyong!!You are mine!Naekkoya!”

The randomness was cute, but come to think of it, they are still in between of their borrowed time. He laughed silently by himself, he still blushes, he still gets shy in front of her. The innocence and the purity of their relationship is preserved, no matter who they become in the industry, they’re still one and the same.

Then she took a picture of him with his gummy smiles, his side profile can already show how giddy, “You know how much I like it when you tell me I am yours, but I am driving—what happened to do not kiss and drive!?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter