Chapter 12: Over my Head

Lullabies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12: Over My Head

I count his breaths,

in hours unslept,

against hours of him,

I have left.

With him lying there,

with him unaware,

I am out of my depth.

The sunrise usually defines someone’s day, or it depends. Ji Yong defines Dara’s day. How? Dara is a morning person regardless of what time she wakes up or if she even slept. For her, as of now Kwon Ji Yong’s steady breaths defined her day and made her heart at ease. She woke up before the sun came up, as usual he was clinging unto her. Her back facing him, his arms will always be draped on her waist, his chin settled on her shoulders, and she can feel the rhythmic beating of his heart. Even his heartbeat has its own melody. She will roll her body to face him and because he is a heavy sleeper, especially these days, she can freely stare at him, she steals a kiss sometimes and he wouldn’t know. BOI YOU DON’T ALWAYS KNOW.

The night before was one of the best nights that they had. Since the two are in the Philippines, away from paparazzies who cannot let Ji Yong live, they made the most out of it. Wherever that is, it has been blessed by one of the realest love stories, only that time and place can tell. Ji Yong did not lie when he said they’re going home. Hint* hint. Nudge* nudge.

Hotel is considered a home too, when it comes to celebrities especially to someone who has a World Tour. DUH?! So yeah, he did not lie.

After their IG live, Bom and CL messaged her in their group chat.

BOM: Darong, you and Ji Yong’s baby talks are getting annoying.

D: I have no idea what you meant.

Chaerin: Unnie, you two are too obvious.

Before she can reply, Ji Yong asked who she was messaging.

“Who are you texting?”

“Bom and Chaerin.” He snickered because as expected those two won’t just let him live too. “Tell them it’s babe time.”

“They know that’s why they’re annoying me. They said we talked like babies again.”

“It’s a habit.” He smiled.

Dara and Ji Yong would not admit to others that they have a different way of talking to each other. Best believe that she tried to sound normal during the live, but like he said it’s a habit, one of their many habits.

“Stop texting, hold my hand babe.” He demanded as he took the liberty to grab her hands and entwine it with his. “It’s been so long since I held your hands. ”He complained, as if it has been that long. CLINGY.

“You were just holding it beforeIG live.” She also noticed how Ji Yong looks at her legs.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she whispered. Ji Yong’s annoying rolled his eyes, “Babe, sometimes you feigning innocence irks me, why do you think so?” She decided to ignore him.

“I like what you’re wearing.” Ji Yong loves complimenting her, because she does not know how to act and he totally can see it.

I meant, I’ll take it off on you anyways but..”

Dara gets baffled whenever she dresses up, out of humility perhaps? The ride to wherever they went that night turned silent, Ji Yong just playing with her hands while she looks at the window, trying to find sleep. Until his giggles interrupted her reverie.

“What’s so funny?” she can’t help but ask.

“Sometimes you really are clumsy!” Then he laughed. Dara still looked at him all confused. “Babe, you told them about “mildang.”

Raising an eyebrow, Dara is still not getting him. How the heck can she be clumsy because of her telling how good he is in “mildang.”

Clueless, her eyes looked at him questioningly.

“You practically told them I practice mildang, a dating concept. If I may emphasize.” He had the audacity to give her a “DUH” look.

“Depends on how people will interpret it.”

“You are getting really brave, should I marry you now then drop the bomb tomorrow?”

“No dropping of bomb jokes Ji Yong, North Korea just dropped it that means you might have to enlist soon.” Dara, savage queen, really.

“The more reason that I have to marry you as soon as possible!” Cheeky and fluffy Ji Yong really is smooth. That’s sometimes the cons to having a boyfriend that is one of the great lyricist of our time.

What the hell is a Mildang though? Apparently, it literally means, Push and pull, a power struggle of the opposite . It is a dating concept in Korea, especially during the earliest days of the relationship. Not Ji Yong though,he never stopped for he is petty. Dara finds it annoying sometimes but it has been normal for them too, Noona has her fair share of mildang as well.

EXHIBIT A: Power Struggle Ji Yong style:

There are cases when Ji Yong gets upset whenever Dara denies their relationship. When that happened he unfollowed her everywhere, in SNS of course. She did not notice because she got millions of followers too, how would she notice that his private ig account unfollowed her public ig.

Why would she cry about it when the owner of PMO follows her anywhere? Sleeps with her too, that’s the gag.

She got home earlier that night, as usual Ji Yong was in her couch, reading a book. She sat beside him and placed her head on his shoulders.

“Hello babe!” she greeted.

“hmn.” She knows that response could only mean that he is annoyed. She reached for his cheek to give him a kiss. “Whyyyy?” she asked so cutely.

“Hmpf! I unfollowed your Instagram!” He announced with a pout. “Okay!So you unfollowed your dreams.” she said as she continues to wrap her arms on his waist. Ji Yong and his resistance to his woman’s charms is a concept. “Dreams? You’re my reality! I don’t know about you though, since you always deny me.”

So that’s what he’s been pouting for. She does not remember a recent interview asking about him, the guy must’ve searched for her interviews again. After their “joke” night, Ji Yong really thinks that they’re too old to be playing hide and seek with their feelings. But then again knowing his superstar status, he does not want anyone to frenzy or to sensationalize what he and Dara has. What he feels for her is something that he alone can define but the media have removed it from him by constantly linking him to women. Being in love is something that he really takes seriously, when Dara told him that they cannot reveal yet, he understood but it will not stop him from throwing some clues here and there.

She tightened her hug to him, because she knows how it has been hard for him. Lifting her head to look at him, his brown orbs are really hypnotizing. “I still love you.” Kwon giddy smile appeared, truly he cannot last when it comes to her.

EXHIBIT B: Power Struggle: Dara Style

One thing that Dara truly hates is, when someone she texts does no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter