Goddamn Vindice

Second Life

"W-who are you?!" Tsuna gawked.

"Looks like a rather tough fight. It's lesson time, Dame-Tsuna" Reborn, in all his glory, smirked. Though, there was an edge on it. He wasn't ticked off by Iemitsu's behavior. He himself as a hitman, understood very well of why the man act that way, and he wasn't going to condemn him for what he does. Iemitsu and him are mafia. What they did and do are of the mafia's way. They've killed, yet they've saved. The mafia wasn't a place for the weak, and definitely isn't now. What Iemitsu did was to show the cruel reality of their dark world to the brunette.

Tsuna, Reborn mused at the back of his mind, is strong, and is still growing. He could certainly tolerate it, for his friends and himself. But that doesn't erase the fact that he still hasn't seen it all. Tsuna hasn't realize that the mafia is darker than he had thought it would.

However, Reborn doesn't deny that he was annoyed at Iemitsu for not properly talk to Tsuna. He was irritated about it since the beginning, and it just grew from what he had saw. Still, he wasn't going to condemn the man of it. He is a hitman, and a tutor. Not someone's counselor to solve their daddy issues.

"A suit.. Pistols.. Y-you.. Who are you?!" Everyone had a double take right there, right then. Ryuuichi burst out into laughter to the point he had resorted wheezing for oxygen. "Oh dammit-" He laughed again. Reborn ignored it and sighed mockingly, his narrow eyes on Tsuna. "It's Chaos" He wasn't really surprise that Tsuna doesn't recognize him. The brunette managed to look through all his disguises and cosplays, but he couldn't even recognize him in his handsome form. It amused Reborn, yet he had almost wanted to shoot his student for it.

He hummed internally, pleased when his pronunciation on his usual greeting came back to him. His voice had changed when he was cursed, that he couldn't properly pronounce it. It irked him, but what could he do? So it changed to Ciaossu, the current one he was using. 

"You don't know who he is?" Iemitsu started, sounding a bit exasperated. "This guy.." "Doesn't have a nickname like Dame-Tsuna" 

"How did you know I was called Dame-Tsuna?!" "It's a famous name in my neighbourhood." What neighbourhood? "What's that?!"

Reborn ignored the brunette along with the other two Arcobaleno and turned to Iemitsu. "Oi, Iemitsu. I'm your opponent now. Since you've already broke the alliance, I won't go easy on you" He released a bit of his killer intent, pleased to know that Iemitsu shivered slightly at it.

"Um. I'll lose my life if I don't my 100% when fighting you" He gave the man a feral, animalistic smirk for a split second before turning serious again. "Open your eyes and your ears, Tsuna,"

"I'm going to show you just once, and I'm going to say it just once." 

Tsuna perked at that, attention all on the fedora man. A sense of familiarity hit him. This man doesn't sound like Reborn at all, heck he didn't even know him, but he didn't know why, he automatically felt as though it was Reborn who was talking to him, the sense where he needed to listen.

"I'll teach you two things that you're lacking in," Iemitsu when into Hyper Dying Will Mode, orange flame flaring on his forehead. "Lesson one."

Reborn shot onto the ground as Iemitsu charged at him. The latter gave him a right hook, fist coated with Sky flame, only to miss Reborn. In a blink of an eye, Reborn appeared beside Tsuna and tugged his defying-gravity hair. "First, you need to observe Iemitsu," Tsuna hadn't even had enough time to jump in surprise when he continued. "During the period when Iemitsu was not home, you started to harbour cheap pride. And it became arrogance without you knowing. 

"This pride of yours has appeared in every one of your battles. Dull attacks, tasteless techniques, Iemitsu is not an opponent that you can fight with if you look down on him. This guy," They made eye contact. "Has hundred times more fighting experience compared to you. He's also an exceptional warrior who has fought for his family hundred times more than you" 

Tsuna blinked. Family, his father fought for his family. Half, he wondered if it was family, or famiglia. But that alone started a small flame in him. A small flame of hope, possibly.

"But still less than me" The atmosphere was totally ruined when the man jump-kicked him, diving straight into the battle again. Tsuna, however, was kicked back as he did a few pathetic rolls back. "Lesson two. Dying Will" He and Iemitsu fought hand to hand, too fast for Tsuna's slightly untrained eyes. 

"Recently, you've been too dependent on your abilities and forgot about your Dying Will." Iemitsu grabbed both of his hand and locked them into a cross. "The real dying will is the resolution to fight until your body is destroyed" 

What he did next had Ryuuichi wincing yet was still gleeful of it. Damn he likes watching Reborn fight. The thrill was absolutely amazing. (He would blame those blood thirsty dudes for this later on) Reborn dislocated his shoulders and headbutted Iemitsu right onto the nose. Iemitsu wasn't amazed by that, but when the ground beneath him cracked slightly, he moved backwards a millimeter just in time to dodge the two bullets that aimed at his Carotid Artery.

"Chaos Shot" Reborn then kicked him with a strength that threw him back and crashed onto the 'wall'. Ryuuichi jaw dropped and silently clapped as he watched Reborn relocated his shoulders as though it doesn't even hurt. He himself knew very much that dislocated shoulders can hurt like a, excuse the language, bi--tch, was totally amazed.

"Remember well, Tsuna. Acknowledge Iemitsu and the resolution to fight until the destruction of your body." Reborn gave a smirk and jumped off, towards the large boulder that shield him from their sight. 

Ryuuichi rubbed his cheeks, jaw sore from grinning too much as he waited for Reborn in his cursed form to pop out. And when he did, he laughed again at Tsuna's reaction. 

"Reborn, you.. Could you.." Wait for it.. "Have you seen the man in the suit?!" "Nope I didn't see him" Colonello and Lal Mirch double took again as Ryuuichi guffawed his arse off. 

Ryuuichi had to kneel down from all the laughter, voiced disappeared as his body trembled. He probably could gain abs from all that laughing, okay not really. Another obnoxious laughter from Iemitsu was heard as the man stood up from the crater he had somehow created. "That was close, really close. A life and death battle sure is fun. As I thought, being at the scene of things is more suitable than desk work for me."

He brushed off the dust from his suit. "So Tsuna, have you fully understood what that guy said?" 

"Go" Tsuna somehow shrieked slightly. "Aren't you in the middle of a war stimulation?" "Yes, but-!" He finally did listen and swallowed his pills when Reborn sent a flying kick onto his face. 

Ryuuichi plopped down onto the ground, hands supporting him from falling as he leaned back. He grinned at Reborn as they watched Tsuna's battle. "Aren't 'cha proud?" He spoke in Italian. Even if he wasn't looking at the Arcobaleno, he knew Reborn's eyes glinted, at Tsuna and his words. "Who knows.

Really, Ryuuichi have to massage his cheeks when he get back later. If he doesn't have to kill Vindice afterwards, that is.

---------------------------------------------------

After receiving the news from Basil, and from Checkerface, they wasted no time rushing to the hospital. Ryuuichi clenched his fist when there was a sharp tug on his and Enma's bond. Still, he kept his emotions in check and pushed them down as they ran to where Basil was. He frowned slightly upon Basil's explanation but said nothing upon it. Instead, he reached up and patted the teen on his head. 

Then came Kyoko, who explained Chrome's condition. She wanted to be in Reborn's team, as one of the representative. It wasn't long until they left the hospital with a heavy heart and solemn face. Tsuna, Gokudera and Yamamoto had left for dinner as Ryuuichi stayed behind with Reborn and the rest of the Arcobaleno, watching over the unconscious Skull.

He was leaning against the wall, staring off into space as the Arcobaleno gathered around Skull. He was half listening, half daydreaming when his phone rang. He blinked, snapping out of it and excused himself and stood outside the room. "Hello?"

"Ah, Ryuu." He raised an eyebrow at the familiar voice. "Yuu?" 

"A random question," There was shuffles and rustles, and hushed voices. "Under what kind of circumstances will one have to admit that he's wrong?" Ryuuichi just, at that point, had a very blanked face. He suspected that he was on speaker on Yuuichi's phone. "What?" Yuuichi, on the other side, could literally see his brother's face and scratched his cheek sheepishly. "Well-" 

"When that person is wrong, obviously." There was a small cheer, but Ryuuichi ignored it. "T-then if the thing was about romance?!"

Oh god. Yuuichi's teammate did not just ask him for advice on that topic. "I thought you guys are studying your next opponent?" Yuuichi immediately cut in. "We did! But these dudes just won't rest about it!" Ryuuichi let out a particular loud sigh. He rubbed the back of his neck and shifted his weight onto another leg. 

"Obviously, both party needs to understand each other and their flaws. No matter what kind of circumstances it is, whoever's wrong or felt that they did wrong have to apologize. Or at least, talk to each other. What's the point of being together if both side doesn't want to give way on shisarewts?" He wasn't a bit remorseful that he had actually cursed towards Yuuichi's teammate, that a few were probably first years. And the coach might be there. 

An particularly loud shriek of laughter had him pulling his phone away from his ear. "I told you!!" was loudly screamed, followed by a groan.

"U-um.. Sorry about that, Ryuu." He sighed again, rubbing his temple. "No, it's okay." He cast a brief glance at his watch. "All of you, if there's nothing else better to do, go to sleep. Ciao." And he cut it off. He grumbled under his breath and pocketed his phone, but not after casting a second glance on the time.

He turned his head towards the door when it slid open and close. "Done?"

A nod was his answer. Reborn leaped and jumped onto his head, sitting there. Ryuuichi twitched at the sudden movement but paid no heed as he walked out of the hospital. "How's Skull?"

"Still very much alive."

He hummed, almost nodding when he suddenly remembered that Reborn was on his head. Now he should walk to Tsuna's direction.

---------------------------------------------------

Tsuna quickly shifted left to avoid the incoming chain, gritting his teeth. He cursed under his breath, mildly aware that Yamamoto and Gokudera are alright. The Vindice was too strong, and even with the three of them, they were having hard time overpowering the bandaged man. "You all!" A familiar voice was heard and all of them snapped their head towards the direction, seeing Reborn and Ryuuichi running towards them.

Ryuuichi stopped as the Arcobaleno leaped. He, in split second, took out his gun from his shoulder holster and fired at the Vindice's side, a warning shot. His eyes were flashing dangerously as if he just remembered something that angers him, which he did. It missed, of course, since it was merely a warning shot. Fortunately for them, he had a silencer, or they might attract unwanted attention.

He snarled when the Vindice turned to him, saying nothing. "Scram." The Vindice took a moment and stare at him, before disappearing. "I'll retreat."

He glared at the spot, huffing in annoyance. He had only remembered about Nana just now, to which he had cursed out loud. Goddamn Vindice. They were lucky that he was still sane or they would face his wrath. 'So much for a mafia police' He mentally spatted. 

"The four of you," He turned to Reborn as he kept his gun. "Go rest. I'll be back later." And the hitman leaped away, perhaps heading to Tsuna's house. Ryuuichi ruffled his hair and huffed. "I'm crashing at yours, Yamamoto." He raised an eyebrow when he noticed that the said teen was frowning slightly.

"Yamamoto?" Yamamoto snapped out of his reverie and blinked at Ryuuichi. "W-what- Sure!" He smiled, but it was a bit forced. Ryuuichi said nothing else, only staring at Yamamoto as they walked to his house.

--------------------------------------------------- 

Ryuuichi sighed as he ran, lagging behind the group, yawning. He knew that they would commence into the next battle right on the first second of midnight, but damn, was he tired. He hadn't himself to be this tired, but honestly he couldn't care right now. His mind drifted to Hibari, wondering how he was doing. He was probably fighting with Dino. Ryuuichi sweated, sympathizing the man.

They ran to the park and there Mukuro was, with a bruise on his face and bandage peeking out from his shirt. Ryuuichi tilted his head, noticing Mukuro wasn't exactly being himself. Then he looked towards Yamamoto and back to Mukuro. For some reason, he found their facade quite similar at the moment. He frowned.

"I heard that you're badly injured. There's no point in waiting for a battle, when you don't even know when it'll start." Reborn said.

"Then, why are you here? Why did you come to Namimori?"

Mukuro hesitated. "I don't intend to answer that. Either way, you saved my time to find you" His eyes met Ryuuichi's for a moment, but that split second made him wanted to scowl, though he refrained himself. Ryuuichi wasn't so subtle as his frown turned into a scowl openly.

Half, towards Mukuro and another towards the incoming cold presence. He took little notice when Verde, Ken, Chikusa, M.M. and a sleeping Fran appeared, only giving a smile when the latter was sleeping so soundly. (He didn't know whether to envy that boy, or to be exasperated)

And then Vindice came. Three of them, actually. Ryuuichi immediately moved more to the side, giving the others space to do whatever they want. As those in Verde's team tried to wake the youngest up, clearly distracted for a second, the Vindice attacked. They ed their hands out as their rattling, cold chain shot towards both Mukuro and Tsuna, or at least that was what Ryuuichi had expected.

One of the chains headed towards him. His eyes narrowed in confusion and annoyance. He side stepped to the right and grabbed the chain with his bare hands. Bad mistake. He winced as he held it tightly, looking down to see his hands bleeding. He huffed, but didn't let go. 

He looked around and sighed in relief when none of the rest noticed, smoke and dust obscure all of their sights, including his. He twitched his fingers a little, wondering if he should use his flames. He hadn't want to fight, clearly leaving everything to the others to handle, but Vindice had another plan, or so he felt that they had. 'And weren't they aiming for the boss watch?'

As he entertained himself with his turmoil, a temporary alliance between Team Reborn and Team Verde was formed. They, especially Tsuna and Mukuro, knew very well that they wouldn't be able to win against this bunch of creeps without teamwork. 

"They're coming!"

Tsuna's voice and the slight tug on the chain snapped Ryuuichi out of his reverie just as another set of chains with sharp points shot towards them. Ryuuichi cursed under his breath and let of the chain he was holding to jump aside, a translucent purple shield up on instinct.

He only blinked in surprise, not realizing that he did release his flames. (He silently declared that he couldn't control his flames well if he was tired) He bit the inside of his cheek and hurriedly climb up a tree. He didn't why he did it, but he did.

He was literally having a VIP seat though, so he wasn't complaining. He flexed his hands and summoned his sun flames a little to heal the wound, eyes never leaving the other's attack. First was Gokudera's, then Ken, then Yamamoto, then Chikusa, then Tsuna and lastly Mukuro. He clapped in amazement, all other thoughts disappeared without a trace. 

'Wait, why is there a bloody portal behind me?'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= Umm.. I had a block with this chapter. UGH. 370-381. Please bear with me as I crap the next few chapter because I felt that it would be, crappy until the last battle with Vindice. Probably. No promises on anything.

Sorry for the cliffhangeerrr! I really need to end this goddamn chapter because I have practically no idea what to write and damn I'm lazy to rewrite everything from manga.

Beneath is a draft that I had wrote before, but I found that there was too much holes in it so I change it. I felt that it was a shame to delete it so, here ya go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He walked for almost half an hour until he stopped, a scowl on his face. He took out his gun from the shoulder holster underneath his vest and pointed at his right. A black flame swirled once and Bermuda appeared. 

The infant chuckled, not surprised that he was greeted by a gun in the face. "Good evening, Ryuuichi-kun." 

The said teen blankly replied with a sharp edge in his voice. "Good evening to you too, Bermuda." 

"My my, don't be so tense. I'm not here to attack you" Even with that word, Ryuuichi didn't lower his gun. For all he knew, if he were to let his guard down in front of Bermuda, he might get killed. He said nothing, waiting for the bandaged, floating infant to continue. "I'm here to offer a proposal; Join my team, Ryuuichi-kun," He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head, gun still pointing towards Bermuda.

"With you, I'll be able to find Checkerface and seek revenge on him. I can bring him to justice." Bermuda stretched his hand out. Ryuuichi frowned slightly. "What?" Bermuda's gleeful tone irked him as he gripped his gun tighter. Instead of lowering his guard, he had actually rose it a notch. He knew that if he were to lower it even an inch, he might just get killed. 

"I know you met him before, Checkerface. He even invited you." 

"So you're a stalker," He huffed a little, clearly uncomfortable of that. "I've not met Checkerface," He ignored the sudden change of atmosphere from the infant.

"Lies! You clearly have met him!"

He shook his head. "No. I've not met him, and I definitely haven't. Who I met on that day, was someone else." He scoffed. "And I believe what you said of bringing him to justice was more of maiming and slaughtering him, no?"

"I'm a protector of the Mafia Law, Ryuuichi-kun. He had done so much, he shall get so much. Maiming and slaughtering him are considered a light punishment." Bermuda's voice was hard and cold. "Are you trying to cover him?"

"God, no. I'm not trying to cover him, nor am I trying to help you. What you're going to do to him, or whatever sh--it will happen between you two has nothing to do with me." Ryuuichi honestly doesn't care about it. Bermuda and Checkerface. These old dudes can fight to their death for all he care, but as though it will happen. That won't happen. Tsuna will happen.

If he hadn't knew of what Bermuda's subordinates had done, or if he didn't have a bloody rational mind, he might just as well join the for the sake of it. But no. He has his principle, and he might as well one day raid the goddamn prison.

"Your subordinate attacked a civilian, Bermuda" He emphasized the word, Bermuda twitched. "You subordinate, for the sake of breaking Sawada Iemitsu's boss watch, attacked Sawada Nana, who was a full-fledged civilian. A goddamn civilian that shouldn't even be involved in this pile of bullsh-it!"

There was no doubt he was angry by the way he was snarling and that he had to restrain himself from shooting Bermuda right there, right then. He honestly has nothing against them, or whatever they do. Not even when they brought Mukuro to prison. But attacking Nana? 

Bermuda stayed silent for a moment. He knew nothing of it. It was known in the mafia that no civilian was supposed to be involved or dragged in, and the Vindice held onto it strongly. Once a civilian knew of the mafia, they no longer classify as one, but a mafiaso as well. However, Bermuda knew that Sawada Nana, although her husband's the CEDEF leader and her son's the Vongola Tenth, she knew nothing of the mafia. She's hundred percent clean.

"It seems like you won't take up the offer" 'Not after what you had said' Bermuda knew not to question the teen right in front of him of his knowledge. The whole confusing ordeal of the Historian, despite being confusing because seriously, it needed to be mentioned more than once, was complex and Bermuda only knew a portion of it. He remembered the time when he, representing the Vindice of course, made the Oath with the First Historian.

Caelum had briefly explained of what he had knew of the ability given to him, for the man himself didn't knew much of it as well. And then came the reincarnation thing. Oh they had never saw that coming, both Caelum and him. When Caelum passed, Bermuda could feel his soul disappearing. He, finding that losing the Historian wasn't much of a problem, lived on with it. Until ten years after, he felt the soul appearing again. Intrigued and confused, he went and search for the soul, to come across a child of ten.

Said child had a confused look on his face when Bermuda appeared, but his wisdom was of Caelum's. That was when they figured out of the reincarnation. Let's just say after Caelum reincarnated, he in his child vessel had almost turned the other 'world' upside down to find the truth.

What a merry, good time.

Ryuuichi sneered slightly. "Obviously" Bermuda drifted upwards slightly when his warp appeared behind him. "It's your loss then, Ryuuichi-kun" And he disappeared. Ryuuichi waited for a moment, making sure that he couldn't feel Bermuda's presence anymore and sighed, hand dropped down to his side. 

If the infant hadn't leave for another minute, Ryuuichi might not be able to hold his gun up. He rubbed his shoulders, rolling them as he put back his gun. 

He glanced at his watch, the normal one, and huffed. 'Whatever. I'm crashing at Hibari's'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= Well, it's a bit weird. Quite. The content is not official, and as I've said, it was a draft. So don't take it too seriously. 

Now since I haven't update for quite awhile now, I wrote an extra. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi quietly crept up to Hibari, tiptoeing silently, or at least he attempted to because no matter how silent you are, Hibari will always know. Unless you're Reborn, or Fon. (Ryuuichi kind of learned it the hard way)

Just as he was about to tap the prefect on his shoulder with both of his hands, Hibari turned around. He yelped and fell forward, losing his balance at the other's sudden turn. 

A pair of arms wrapped around him, holding him against the lean chest to prevent him from falling flat on the ground. He blinked in surprise, trying to process what had happen. "What are you doing?" He twitched rather violently and leaned his head away from the said chest that was vibrating slightly as Hibari spoke.

"Nothing!" He winced when he accidentally blurted it out too fast. Hibari raised an eyebrow and tighten his grip over Ryuuichi's frame. "Oh? It doesn't seem that way though." 

Ryuuichi glared at him. (Which Hibari find that he looked more like an enraged yet adorable kitten because let's be honest here, who can top the prefect himself when it comes to glares? Probably Adult Reborn) Hibari was clearly messing with him. He could tell. The prefect's grey eyes were glinting in amusement after all.

And then he blinked, looking directly into them, tilting his head a little. He just realized that Hibari's eyes weren't just grey. There was a slight tint of very pale blue in it. It wasn't very obvious so one had to stare hard to notice it or it would just go unnoticed. He was in awe, finding them beautiful. His own dark brown eyes were literally sparkling, which Hibari obviously noticed.

Curious of what the younger was thinking about, he leaned in closer.

"What is it?"

Ryuuichi finally snapped out of it, very much aware that Hibari's face was too close, for the nth time as his face flushed slightly. ('Seriously, what the heck is wrong with him?') Automatically, he leaned further back, creating more distance. His mind go haywire for a moment to think of an excuse, or something, because his mind had just went blank in matter of seconds.

"... Just thinking why you have a cat sticker on your face." 

.

.

"Wha-" He patted both sides of Hibari's cheek quite hard, watching those eyes widening as he trashed out of Hibari's slightly slacken grip and ran

On Hibari's cheeks were literally, cat stickers. Namely, Pusheens.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG

I JUST- I CAN'T HALP HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAAHAAHAHAAAHH

Oh damn, that was fun. At least I was able to release some tension here. 

Again, I'm still in a semi-hiatus mode so yeah. I had just finished the first week of my exams and the next week was clear before I had to take another two weeks of torture. *sobs*

Honestly, this and the previous chapter was written weeks and weeks ago. I can't remember when. And if there was anything I had to mention and explain about was all forgotten. Well, I'll mention it if I somehow managed to remember in the next chapter (Which probably will take a long time)

[I apologize for any grammars, spellings, etc.etc. mistakes]