Cliche Awakening

Second Life

Sakura's old habit of biting her nails came back as she anxiously sat in the car, looking out at the window. She wanted nothing but for the car to move faster. She have been enduring it for 13 hours, and she couldn't stand it anymore. She wanted to be with her sons, her babies. She wanted to hold them so badly that it hurt.

Kei wasn't doing any better. He was anxious as well. He had almost broke his phone after receiving the call from Dino. He and Sakura were basically at the other side of the country in Italy, on a mission of getting information. He had practically threw aside everything and drove to the airport where Dino and Romario were waiting, almost getting into an accident if not for his years of driving skills and training. 

However, as much as he wanted to panic, he have faith in his sons. He knew that they'll be alright, that they'll hang on until he and Sakura reach them.

Glancing towards Sakura, he pushed down his own emotions and grabbed her hands, holding them down. He moved closer until their shoulders were touching. He squeezed her hands, telling her that he is there for her, that he's just as scared as she is, that he believe in his sons.

Sakura bit her lip instead, but stopped soon after. She interlaced their hands and squeezed back.

Dino looked at them through the head mirror before looking away, giving them their privacy. He leaned against the head rest, fingers tapping against his thigh. He seemed calm minus the eyes that kept shifting. Yet he was, by no means, trying to grasp the bond more firmly, trying to hold onto it as long as he can. He could feel the warmth, but he still attempted to reach out for it more.

Shifting his gaze from the window to his hands, he clicked his tongue. "Romario, how long?" 

The man's eyes never left the road as he stepped on it, clearly not giving a damn about the traffic regulation. (Dino was the one who told him to break it anyway.) "Almost."

With a sharp turn, he hit the break slowly and the car came to a stop in front of Namimori hospital. Before he could say anything at all, the three practically leaped out of the car. Romario sighed and shook his head. He understood that they're worried, but anyhow worried they are, they couldn't do anything much anyway. 

'Well, they love Ryuuichi after all.' He yawned slightly and drove away to find parking first. Making a mental note to cancel the meeting Dino had, he huffed. There would certainly be a major headache since the Famiglia is a troublesome one. Romario decided that he really need a drink. Maybe after visiting Ryuuichi.

-----------------------------------------------

Yuuichi smiled sheepishly and accepted the hot tea from Tsuna. "Are you sure you don't want to eat anything? It's not good, you know. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday, have you?"

He shook his head. "I'm alright. Really." Tsuna frowned. It was really concerning. Yuuichi hadn't ate anything at all and when he offered to buy some food for him, he refused, claiming that he has no appetite. Honestly it wouldn't do good if he collapse out of hunger because he didn't want to eat. Tsuna wondered how did Ryuuichi deal with this stubborn Yuuichi.

"Ryuuichi will kick you if you don't eat." He offered a small smile to Yuuichi as he looked at the brunette with wide eyes. "He'll beat the daylight out of you." Yuuichi burst laughed softly, nodding. "He will, won't he." He looked to his brother, still unconscious. Ryuuichi's chest was steadily moving up and down.

Biting his lips, he sighed. Bringing the cup to his lips, he slowly sipped the hot tea, only to burn his tongue when the door slammed open suddenly. He brought it away and placed it on the table beside him, fanning his tongue as he looked at the trio at the door. His eyes widen again upon seeing his parents by the door, looking absolutely frantic with Dino behind them.

"Yuuichi!" In a blink of an eye, Sakura and Kei had engulfed him into a tight embrace. He immediately relaxed into the familiar pair of arms and clutched onto them. Sakura was sobbing, unable to control it anymore. Kei stayed in silent, bringing them into his arms more, a grim look on his face.

Tsuna looked at them before turning to Dino. The man was sporting eye bags, very visible from where he was seating. He stood up from the chair and walked up to the blonde man. Dino gave him a tired smile, ruffling his hair before turning to look at Ryuuichi. Tsuna glanced at them for a moment before walking out, closing the door behind him. 

Sighing, he leaned against the door. He felt absolutely exhausted even not doing anything. Unlike the time with Yamamoto, he didn't have anything to cling on other than the fact Ryuuichi had an accident. An accident. He felt so helpless. Ryuuichi had helped him a lot in many different ways. The first was when they were kids. Ryuuichi's words had encouraged him. Those very words had him clinging onto life. (Also partly because of Nana, but mostly because of Ryuuichi's words.)

If he didn't say those words, Tsuna might not have lived this long. 

Blinking away the invisible tears, he took a deep breath. He need to be strong. "Juudaime!" He looked towards the hallway and saw Gokudera and Yamamoto, one holding a plastic bag and the other holding a three-tier bento wrapped in a black cloth. "Is everything alright, Tsuna?" 

He nodded. "Yeah. Dino-san and Ryuuichi's parents just arrived." An understanding 'ah' was heard from them. Gokudera and Yamamoto had went to grab some food and drinks for them as Tsuna and Yuuichi stayed. Hibari was gone in the morning, but they knew that the prefect wouldn't be far away. Reborn wasn't around either when they realize it. The hitman had probably went back to inform Nana about his stay or whatsoever. 

Yamamoto rubbed the back of his neck. "Then lets wait outside?" Gokudera grunted and took a seat on the row of chairs outside the ward before Tsuna and Yamamoto follow suit.

Gokudera fiddled with the watch in his pocket, the watch Ryuuichi had given to him. He had been itching for a smoke from all the stress, but held back when he remembered of Ryuuichi. The teen had suggested him to slowly quit smoking. Ryuuichi suggested, not ask nor force. It was the first for him. There were quite a lot of people telling him to stop smoking, but Ryuuichi suggested. With his exact words;

"If you want to continue smoking, it's your choice. I can't do anything about it. It's your life anyway. Just remember that I want to live longer with you. I want to see you smile even at old age."

It had Gokudera slowly stop smoking. He, too, wants to live longer with not just Tsuna, but with Ryuuichi as well. (And Yamamoto and the rest of the family, but he rather not admit it lest he suffer their teasing.) It was really hard at first, but seeing Tsuna and Ryuuichi's smiles was worth it. 

And when Gokudera heard that Ryuuichi got into an accident, his heart literally shattered. 

'Stupid Ryuuichi. Why did you endanger your life even after you told me not to..' He knew, that Ryuuichi did it to save a kid. Honestly, if it was anyone in Ryuuichi's shoes at that moment, they would probably do it as well. Even Gokudera himself. But at this moment, he couldn't help but resent Ryuuichi for that.

A pat on his shoulder broke him out of his trance and he turned to Tsuna, who looked very concern. He quickly regain his composure and smiled at the brunette. "Is there something you need, Juudaime?" The concern in Tsuna's eyes didn't disappear, however.

"Gokudera-kun, don't hide it."

Gokudera turned into a gaping fish for a moment. He gritted his teeth, and before he knew it, he was pulled down. His head landed on Tsuna's shoulder and the hand shifted to his head, gently combing his hair. Another hand joined Tsuna's on his head, Yamamoto's. 

For once, he didn't pull away from the baseball-idiot's grip.

The three basked in each other's warmth, their flames singing.

-----------------------------------------------

Sometime in the evening, Amemori had came over for a moment. He didn't went into the room to look at Ryuuichi after knowing that his parents were in there, though. Tsuna, Gokudera and Yamamoto joined force with Sakura and Kei managed to finally coax Yuuichi to eat. Dino had left to deal with the boss of an opposing Famiglia through the phone after Romario mentioned that the said Don was unhappy. How was the blonde able to deal with it through the phone, Tsuna didn't know. (He had overheard Dino's conversation when he went out for a breather. Dino's voice was hard and sharp as he reprimand the Don over the phone in a not so subtle way. Serve that idiot Don right. Dino will never abandon his family no matter what, sworn or blood.)

Time went by faster than they expected and it was morning soon after. Dino had managed to get Yuuichi and his parents to return home for a rest somehow, with the blonde himself looking after Ryuuichi. He even managed to get Tsuna, Gokudera and Yamamoto away. (That, and Reborn had pulled them out of the room, telling them to attend school despite being the last two days before winter break for the twins.There was a lot of protests but a look from the hitman shut them up.)

Rubbing his eyes as the sun shone into the room, Dino yawned. He stretched and sighed upon hearing the bones popping. The chair he had sat on was really uncomfortable. He ruffled his hair and looked at Ryuuichi. A soft smile tugged on his lips as he reached over and pushed a stray hair away from Ryuuichi's face, cupping his cheek.

Ryuuichi's cheek was cold against his hand, but then again, Ryuuichi's body temperature has always been low. 

"Wake up soon, alright?" He whispered. "Everyone's waiting."

The door slide open and he took his hand away, turning Yuuichi. "Mom said that you should eat before she personally drag you down to the cafeteria, for what you did yesterday." Laughing at that, he nodded. Sakura can be quite scary when she wants to after all. He stood up from the chair and walked over to Yuuichi and pulled the younger male along as well.

"Well, we shouldn't make her wait." And he closed the door behind him. If he had stayed a second longer, he would have noticed the slight twitch of Ryuuichi's fingers.

-----------------------------------------------

Hibari walked into the room moments after Dino closed the door and silently walked up to Ryuuichi. He lifted his hands slowly to the teen's hand, ghosting over it before grasping it. He noted that it was cold, exposed to the cold air far too long. He gently rubbed it. Hibird suddenly flew in from the door and landed on both his and Ryuuichi's hand.

It tilted it's head, jumping a few times before flying up and landed on his head. It suddenly sang out loud the Namimori Middle anthem, probably an attempt to wake the unconscious teen up. A small smile graced his lips at that. He looked to Ryuuichi's face once more. 

Ryuuichi looked so peaceful for some reason. Hibari didn't know why, it unsettled him somehow. Giving Ryuuichi's hand a squeeze, he slowly let go, lingering slightly. He gave him one more look before he turned around and walked out of the room, sensing that the others were coming back. 

-----------------------------------------------

Amemori stiffen right at the door at the sight of three animals in the room, all curled up near Ryuuichi. He turned to Yuuichi, who gave him a rather exasperated smile before turning back to the animals. "They're Kuro, Shiro and Sora. Ryuuichi's partners." 'Ah.' He nodded and walked nearer to the bed, only to stop when Kuro suddenly lifted his head and looked at him, staring straight into his eyes.

Yuuichi tilted his head at that. The three animals had somehow appeared suddenly and wouldn't leave Ryuuichi's side no matter what they do. It made him wonder why would Kuro even pay attention to Amemori even when he ignored most of them when they got near Ryuuichi.

Amemori momentarily lifted his leg slightly, testing the water. Kuro noticed the movement and growled lowly. (How was a panther cub able to grow that low was beyond them.) Amemori stopped, Kuro dropped the growl, but still watching the teen intently. He helplessly looked at the younger twin, not knowing what to do, nor what he had done.

"Kuro." The black panther cub looked at Yuuichi. "Don't." It was clear that he wasn't pleased at that, but he backed down. His eyes were still on Amemori though. Amemori gave Yuuichi a grateful smile and slowly walked to the bed.

He sighed in relief internally. Ryuuichi's color were slowly returning to his looks. It was a good sign. Just as he was about to grab Ryuuichi's hands, he noticed a twitch.

His eyes widen as he froze there. Yuuichi, who saw it as well stood up. Dino, Sakura and Kei looked at them in wonder from one corner of the room.

There was another one. And another. Soon, the fingers curled up into a loose fist. "H-he's moving!" They rushed over and look as well. There were movements under Ryuuichi's eyelids. 

Dark brown, hazy eyes were slowly seen.

------------------------------------------------

It was loud. Too loud for her liking. And bright. Why was it so bright? Everything looked hazy and she couldn't seem to register the shouts. 

"Ryuuichi? Ryuu, can you hear me?" Ryuuichi? She looked over to a teen, a boy, looking as though he wanted to cry. Why does he want to cry?

Better question. Where is she? What happened? She felt as though she had crashed into a wall a thousand times non-stop. Her head hurts and her body felt numb. She tried to move her right hand, and felt something taped to it. And then she realized that she was wearing a mask, rather heavy.

"Shiroki-san, can you hear me?" A same question was heard, but from someone else. A man dressed in white coat, a stethoscope hung on his neck. She blinked slowly, signifying that she could before wondering who was this Shiroki. The man, a doctor perhaps (-Why was there a doctor?), smiled rather happily.

He did a few test on her, asking a few questions before turning back to the teen and, three other adults. The tall blonde seemed familiar in her eyes, however. "He's alright." 

Blinking a few time to clear her eyesight, she frowned a little. She opened in attempt to speak, only for the oxygen mask to disrupt, much to her dismay. Fortunately, the teen somehow noticed and immediately took it off her face. 

"Where.." She frowned even more when she noticed that her voice was, deeper than she thought. And raspy. And hoarse. Dry. "Where am I?" She breathed out slowly and quietly.

It was the teen's turn to frown. "Hospital. You got into an accident for saving a kid, remember? Why are you even talking in English?" And then she realized, that the teen and everyone else in the room were talking in Japanese. Why were they even talking in Japanese? Better question. How the hell was she able to understand Japanese to this extend? She could, but it was limited. 

"Ryuu-nii, are you alright?" Again, who is this Ryuu? And a older brother? She shifted her head slightly to get a better view at everyone in the room, scanning. 

"Who... Who are you?"

------------------------------------------------

Yuuichi's eyes widen. He couldn't believe what he had heard. "W-what are you talking about Ryuu-nii?" He tried to search for any mischievous streaks or any lies Ryuuichi had in his eyes, but all he found was confusion. He turned to the doctor. 

"Wh-what.."

The doctor was frowning as well. He stepped forward and asked Ryuuichi. "Shiroki-san, do you remember what happened?"

Ryuuichi's eyes looked up into the ceiling before looking back to the doctor. "No." "Then do you know who you are?"

The name that slipped out of Ryuuichi's lips surprised them all. Yuuichi turned to Amemori, to find that the teen was in shock as well. 

"It seems like he has amnesia. I'm not sure if it's a permanent one, or a temporary one." Dino pursed his lips and ushered the doctor out despite everything. What they were going to discuss is not suitable for him to hear after all. 

"A-are you sure that that's your name?" Yuuichi asked shakily. Ryuuichi frowned again. "Yes." It was like the world had explode into bits and pieces. How could Ryuuichi not remember--

Dino placed his hands on Yuuichi's shoulder and squeezed. 'It's not Ryuuichi's fault that he can't remember. It's definitely not.'

Sakura and Kei, too, asked again the same question from Yuuichi, only to get a scowl and Ryuuichi inching away from them slightly. "I'm absolutely sure. Where am I exactly?"

"Namimori." Ryuuichi's gaze shifted to Amemori and confusion swirled in his eyes again. "You're in Namimori, Japan." The teen repeated in English. 

Ryuuichi's eyes widen, recognition in it. "Alex?" Smiling, Amemori walked nearer to him. "What bullsheit are you spout-." Something dawned Ryuuichi as his words suddenly faltered. His eyes narrowed at the teen. "What's going on?"

And then Amemori explained everything. Ryuuichi's expression shifted to absolute disbelief at each word Amemori said. "If you still can't believe me," He gestured to Dino, who looked as concern as the other three, as though his heart was broken or something. "This is Dino. Real, in flesh and blood." 

Ryuuichi's eyes widen again at that, finally realizing who the blonde is. "Oh. Wow. This.. This is mindblowing." Dino stood there, tensed as Ryuuichi scanned him from top to bottom. He didn't know what to say, didn't know what was appropriate. This Ryuuichi in front of him isn't the Ryuuichi he knows. This Ryuuichi is someone else. Dino really didn't know what to do.

"Umm," He blinked out of his reverie and looked at the teen, smiling sheepishly at him. "How..?" He stared at the small, limited gesture of Ryuuichi's hands before finally understood. "Ah, yes." He went up to the bed and pushed a few buttons. The bed lifted until Ryuuichi was in a sitting position.

"Thanks." Ryuuichi said, wincing a little. She was still taken aback by all that, honestly. Who the hell would have thought that they would be reincarnated into a world that shouldn't even exist anyway? Certainly not her, but she had daydreamed about it. But still, all this really happening? She was really speechless. 

She looked at her hands, foreign but familiar. Clenching it, she felt as though she was in another person's body. Oh wait, she is now a he. He unclenched his hands and looked up to them all. He bit his lips.

"Umm, I think you guys should get a chair and sit down first..?" He watched them jerking at his words, clearly surprised and hastily did so. It didn't take them a long time before they were all seated around him, Amemori included.

"Well," He started once he was sure that they were all comfortable, as comfortable as they could in these kind of situation anyway. "I.. Can-..Can you guys introduce yourself first? And my name at some point?"

Sakura and Kei exchanged a look and nodded, grabbing Yuuichi's hands. "I'm Kei. Your father. This is Sakura, your mother. And he's Yuuichi, your younger twin brother. You're Ryuuichi, our oldest son." Kei softly said. He took note that Ryuuichi, this teen in front of them, took in the information as though it was nothing. Similar to how their Ryuuichi always does. 'They're really the same..'

"Okay." Ryuuichi breathlessly said. "Right. First thing first.." He muttered, trying to construct a sentence. He found it quite intriguing that he could actually said a full sentence in Japanese with practical ease. And then Italian words suddenly popped in his mind. French came next. What even?

"I'm sorry that I can't remember anything." He apologized, bowed his head instead of his whole body because, it's painful despite the anesthetic. "It's-" Sakura begun, but he shook his head, knowing that she was trying to say that it's not his fault. But that wasn't his point. "I'm apologizing not because it's my fault or whatever. I'm apologizing because I really can't remember anything."

Ryuuichi's own voice sounded so foreign to him, but it's his. "How should I say this? Ermm, I feel like I have forgotten a lot of important things? Really important things. It's frustrating, but there's nothing I can do." He lifted his head and looked at them. "But I'll remember them. It's not an obligation or anything, but I want to remember them. In the mean time," An awkward smile appeared on his face.

"Can you guys tell me everything?"

It was then they realized that he wasn't someone else. This Ryuuichi in front of them is their Ryuuichi as well. This person, is a part of their Ryuuichi as well. A fragment, a forgotten part, an unknown side of Ryuuichi. How could they even think that he's any different from their Ryuuichi?

Yuuichi returned a smile, a genuine smile. "Of course!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= *cough* The amnesia cliche came out. *cough* Sorrynotsorry.

But then again, the reaction ain't that much cliche, no? Okay not really. So said title.

Urrmm, Kuro, Shiro and Sora could, somehow, feel that Ryuuichi's going to wake up? Something like that? Which is why they got out. 

The pronoun 'She' was used for a section because, well, Ryuuichi forgotten almost everything except his past life, and he being a girl in his past life, hence 'she'. Though it was changed to 'he' because she accepted that she was no longer a 'she', but a 'he', and took it in with a stride. Like, she accepts a lot of things really fast? Changed gender is one of them. 

Again, a major part of Ryuuichi's character is that he accepts most things really fast. A bit too fast, but oh well. This characteristic is, as you all may know now, ever since his past life, so yeah.

.. Right, Ryuuichi's past self will be nicknamed as Past!Ryuuichi and pronoun, She. Current Ryuuichi is still Ryuuichi, still pronoun he.

Fun Fact= Sakura indeed has an old habit of biting her nails when she's anxious or really stress. She managed to stop for years now, but Ryuuichi's accident kindda brought it back.

Fun Fact= Past!Ryuuichi can understand Japanese, of course, but she can only understand the basics, verbally. She couldn't understand those deep sentences and hard words, and the characters. Yeah. The perks of being Anime fanatics since young. 

Which brought to this, Past!Ryuuichi is fluent in English, Mandarin(Chinese), and I don't know, German? Or any other language. Suggestions? Except Mandarin(Chinese), she can't understand the characters(words). Ryuuichi, on the other hand, is fluent in all that three languages (Can understand Mandarin(Chinese) characters now.) and Italian, Japanese, and French. 

Is.. Is things moving too fast right now? The pace of the story.

Btw, Yuuichi now, has Rain as dominant flame. I'm still not sure if I want him to have a second flames, actually. Still considering. 

[I apologize for any grammar, spellings, etc. etc. mistakes]