Future's Final Battle, Begin

Second Life

"There was an explosion on the other side?" Ryuuichi perked up at Tsuna's voice and looked towards the direction of the explosion. He was sitting on the ground, beside Shoichi, fidgeting. He had decided to not join the fight until a certain guardian of the brunette's appear. Besides, even though he might be able to help them, this fight serves as an experience for them, not him. 'Zakuro... Huh..'

His eyes narrowed, remembering the ones on that side.

"I hope they took out the enemies with one attack" Reborn said from Fuuta's shoulder. "Lal Mirch is still recovering, and Gokudera-kun is injured and unable to move very much. If the battle drags on, they'll be in danger" Shoichi added his two cent. He peered to the teen who was sitting beside him with his arms crossed and eyes focused on the side of the explosion. Shoichi honestly couldn't understand why Ryuuichi would join them. If the teen were to help, there would be a huge difference and Ryuuichi knew it. Yet, he declined.

"I'll join later on. Don't worry" was the exact word he said yesterday. Shoichi believed that if he join in since the beginning, everything would be much better, but seeing that determined look and Yuni's agreement, he couldn't say much. Perhaps Ryuuichi has a plan in mind. Shoichi hoped he does. 

Ryuuichi noticed Shoichi's stare and looked directly at him. He then looked towards the rest who were standing in front of them, and smiled. "Believe in them. They'll be alright" He said softly despite the tension and concern that loomed over everyone. 

They then turned to look at him, but he said nothing else. Tsuna, especially, had looked at him with wavering gaze. Despite those reassuring words, he couldn't help but fear. He fear for himself, he fear for them, and he fear for the world. More importantly, he fear for his friends who were all in battle lives. He all but wanted to go and protect them. He wanted to drag them out of the battle for their sake, destroying the world in process be damned. But he couldn't. 

The brunette clenched his fist, and fire burned in his eyes and his heart. He nodded. "I believe in them" 'And I always will' Yuni and the others looked at him, and nodded along. Reborn, held a small smirk as he pulled down his fedora a little. Ryuuichi too, smirked.

'We all believe in you guys. Please, be safe'

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, so this is a Vongola Box? It certainly packs a lot more of a punch, but against my Dinosaur Skin, it only feels like the difference between a cold shower and a lukewarm one. Now, playtime's over!"

Gokudera narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth. The memories of last night's discussion played in his mind. His own words, gave himself a pleasant hum as he gripped the string tighter, pulling it more. 'We'll defeat Byakuran, without losing the boss, any member of the family, me, or anyone else.' 

His flames got stronger and stronger, as his resolve strengthen even more. Zakuro, on the end of the flame, felt it. "What?! You're storing up power?!" He hadn't expect that the injured bomber still have this much stored. (Well, this is basically what you get for underestimating the Vongola)

"We'll return to our peaceful past without losing anyone!" Gokudera released the string. "Tornado Flame Arrow!" The sheer power of the flame had somehow chipped off Zakuro's Dinosaur Skin a little. Gokudera pulled the string again, feeling the flames getting stronger.

Zakuro couldn't stand the flames anymore and jumped away. Gokudera clicked his tongue and tried to follow the Real Funeral Wreath. At that exact moment, he felt pain coursing through him, courtesy of his back injuries. Because of that, his next shot missed. 

He was slowly losing it because of the pain. Curse the man as he noticed it through his winces. "Your back is injured. And you expect to defeat me?!" And Zakuro disappeared.

Gokudera turned around, looking for the man when Zakuro dropped down beside him out of nowhere and kicked him. He flew upwards but before he landed, he shot him with Gatling Arrow. Those said arrows made out of Storm flames pierced right through Zakuro's arms.

"Damn it! You-! You think you can stop me with this toy?!" Zakuro roared, muscles flexing before the arrows shattered, thanks to the storm flame around his body. "I'll crush you!"

"Like I would. You think you'll win if you shoot from a shorter range, right?" It was exactly Gokudera's plan, but the man managed to see through it. "Once I get serious, your flames are nothing. But it still wouldn't be any fun to fall for your trick" Zakuro disappeared and appeared behind Gokudera. "Hurry up and die!"

Gokudera wanted to turn around, but the pain delayed him. He wouldn't make it, if Uri didn't help him by increasing the pressure of the flame and creating a propulsion from it. "Yato. Remember that in battles, you won't be alone, alright?" He could somehow hear Ryuuichi's voice as he thanked his partner. The teen had said that before they moved to their respective posts. At first, he couldn't understand why would he tell him that, but now he does. 

"He's close enough now!" He tighten his pull, before releasing it. "Die!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

There was this bright light again. Ryuuichi, upon noticing the slight, red tint from the light and the fire, smirked. He closed his eyes, feeling a little relief despite he didn't even needed to worry. 'Good work, Yato' And then his smirk dropped. 'Next is Bluebell..' And then there were a few more explosions. He closed his eyes and tuned Tsuna and the others' voice out, focusing on listening to the background instead. It was hard, but he managed

First one was explosion, and then something had opened. He had heard rustlings too, before a roar of a lion resonated. These noises were hard to detect, but the small vibration on the ground along with his knowledge of the battle had helped him. (Somehow) Upon the roar, he smiled softly, letting out a breathe of air he unconsciously had held in. 

He opened his eyes when he heard Gokudera's voice through his transmitter.

"Juudaime!" The brunette immediately perked up at the voice, relief washed over him like a tsunami. "Gokudera-kun?!" "Can you hear me, Juudaime?"

"I hear you! Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, somehow. We were saved by the Varia" Tsuna couldn't exactly believed it. The Varia, the assassin squad led by the ever raging Xanxus, is on their side and helping them. The same squad that had tried to kill them over the rings Tsuna and his guardians wore for the sake of this battle (and the upcoming ones, not that they knew). "They're still crazy, but Xanxus said that they're assisting us in the name of Vongola. Hate to admit it, but we're fine now because of them. You don't need to worry"

(Apparently, despite the fact that Vongola was the cause of his rage and sorrow, Xanxus still cares about Vongola and held the pride of it as high as the sky. After all, he was raised by the Ninth, whom love him like his biological sons, in Vongola, and planted the pride in him himself)

With the powerful reinforcement from Varia, they could be more relief. Now, they have another side to concentrate on worrying. (Yet, Tsuna could never stop worrying for Gokudera's side as well)

Ryuuichi looked up at the sky, watching the cloud drift. 'Lastly, Kikyo...'

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tazaru couldn't understand. The brat that was laughing so obnoxiously behind him, why would the Vongola wanted him to fight? What could a small kid like him do against the monster? But the Vongola had insisted, saying that it's a must. The boss himself rejected, but he was forced to do so as the kid is a guardian too. And then, the boxer and the CEDEF guy said they had no intention on having the kid fight. So what's the point of having him here? To watch the dreadful battle against the enemies with the possibility to get killed? Tazaru simply just couldn't get it.

Ryohei, too, knew that it was a bad idea to get Lambo out here. The five years old, as said, is only five. But what Reborn had said made sense, even though Ryohei was a blockhead. Ryuuichi, the teen he hadn't exactly talked much to, had said perhaps Lambo could change the pace of the battle in dire situations. It wasn't just Tsuna, Gokudera and Yamamoto, but everyone else, at that point, had started believing every single word Ryuuichi had said. Because his word held the truth, and his word held the results. Ryohei didn't know why, but he chose to believe those words.

"To be safe, I'll tell you the switch I sealed in him with a bit of hypnosis. Shout it when you're in big trouble" Reborn's voice from their yesterday conversation played. 

To Ryohei, in this kind of situation where one of Kikyo's animal box had bit Tazaru on the shoulder as the man tried to protect Lambo from it, is the said big trouble. "What's wrong, Lambo?! Don't you want to see Sawada's Mama?!" He yelled from his position, holding off the claws and tail of the dinosaur. He could see Lambo tearing up as he muttered Nana's title.

"Right! Sawada's Mama!"

"His desire to see Mama, to return to the past, should serve to strengthen his surpressed resolve" Lambo started crying, as he asked for the woman who gave him warmth despite not being his biological mother's whereabouts. And then, he took out his box weapon and his ring from his unruly and curly hair, crackling with lightning flames. (The power of his flame couldn't be underestimated, definitely, even though he's simply just a kid) 

"I wanna see Mama!" He injected the flame into his box weapon. "Gyuudon!!" A big bull appeared as he sat on top of the animal's head. Gyuudon's eyes narrowed as he changed into Cambio Forma. Ryohei and Basil watched his transformation, as the former explained. "According to Reborn, the first generation Guardian of the Lightning Ring was the son of a rich proprietor. A young, selfish and unworldly coward. But Primo chose to have him lead the way in battle. That contradiction is evident in Lambo's Vongola Box. That weapon is.."

"The lightning bolt with a hidden kick, Lampo's shield!" Lambo had armor, with a shield sized of his body in front, looking amazingly.. Awesome. 

Though, Kikyo wasn't amazed or anything. If anything, he had looked down upon it, as it doesn't seem logical to serve any damage to his Nuvola Velocriraptor. Even Basil, not intentionally of course, had, but Ryohei said otherwise. 

"No, the Lightning Vongola Box isn't that weak. The First Generation Guardian's weapon appears to be a shield at first glance, but it's hiding an incredible offensive power"

The shield that Lambo held glowed, lightning crackled from it as he cried. "Mama!" The lightning flame shot out, hitting the dinosaurs around him "Corna Fulmine!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

From where they were standing, the could see bright green lightning flames crackling, and hearing the crackles of course. It was Lambo, no doubt. Which meant that Ryohei and the others were in quite a pinch at the moment. Ryuuichi clenched his arms, remembering that it would be Ryohei, and then Hibari. His eyes narrowed at the memories, but pushed down the unpleasant feeling that was growing in him. 

He pushed himself up, rolling his neck and shoulders to get rid of the stiffness. They turned to him, wording why he suddenly stood up. "Ryuuichi?" "Ryuuichi-san?"

He gave them a wry smile and walked towards Yuni and Tsuna. "Well, I'll be going first." He was greeted with questioning 'eh' and eyes widening. "But Ryuuichi-!" Tsuna tried to stop him for it was too dangerous, but he shook his head, stopping the brunette from finishing his sentence. The said teen ruffled Tsuna's gravity defying hair with a chuckle. "Don't worry. Everything will be alright" 'Besides, it's not like I'm participating anyway' "If I don't go now, I'll be late" 

Tsuna didn't want the teen to go. He knew that Ryuuichi might make a difference if he helps, but he didn't want Ryuuichi to fight. He didn't know why. Perhaps because Ryuuichi isn't a member of the Vongola, despite what the teen's older self had said. He didn't want Ryuuichi to get involved in this. But the dark brown eyes that could somehow look through him said otherwise. He, reluctantly, nodded.

Ryuuichi smiled at that, ruffling the brunette's hair harder before letting go, much to Tsuna's dismay. He turned to Yuni as they locked gaze. In their eyes, trust and determination could be seen. Ryuuichi laughed, when Yuni nodded. He then took her hand and pecked on it softly. His action had led to all of them except Reborn blushing, even Yuni. Reborn was simply, amused. Too amused, actually. The rest, however, was another story. 

"W-wha-" Ryuuichi smirked at them, glancing into their eyes once before turning away. "Well, I'll be going now" And he took off to the direction of where the battle with Kikyo is. They watched as he disappeared into the trees and bushes, dazed. Who knew Ryuuichi could be this charming. (And flirtatious)

---------------------------------------------------------------

When Ryuuichi deemed him out of the other's sight, he slowed to a stop before leaning his shoulder against a tree, a hand covering his face. He was smiling, yet he was blushing a little. He had absolutely no idea why he did that. Perhaps it was because he was thinking about doing something to make them flustered. And when that thought added with the mischief switch in him that sometimes couldn't be controlled, it happened before he could stop himself.

'Oh dear...'

He shook out of it, and continued with his journey when there was another explosion. As he ran, there was a sudden twinge. He stumbled to a stop, almost falling down but managed to keep himself on his feet the last second as he stared up to the sky. He could hear the shout of a certain prefect's name. Although he knew there weren't much to worry about, he still couldn't help it. And then, there was a familiar shudder. 

Knowing the cause of the shudder, he continued his tracks, speeding up as fast as he could.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"The Vongola defense has been wiped out now" Kikyo declared smugly, as Bluebell and Zakuro added their two cents behind him. Of course, he didn't mind it. Just as they were about to move to where Yuni is, one of Kikyo's box weapon's face changed into Hibari's face.

"What are you talking about? That will never happen" Then another changed into Ryohei's, Basil's and the Varia's. They attacked the Real Funeral Wreath, attacking the master of the box weapon much to Kikyo's dismay. Kikyo was bewildered when his box weapon attacked him. It wouldn't exactly be a surprise if they attack Zakuro or Bluebell, but him? He couldn't control them. That was when he realized it was an illusion.

"When do you think the illusion began?" He looked towards the open field when he felt presence.

"There you are!" He threw a cloud flame coated shoot to the direction of the hostile presence. Dust flew as the impact was made, but it missed. "Huh? Master, you took a step forward. You always have to be at the center of attention." A monotonous voice, followed by a familiar creepy laugh were heard. 

"What are you saying? Your head was blocking me" The sight cleared as Mukuro who stood beside his apprentice, Fran. "You always try to hog all the glory" Their appearance surprised the three Real Funeral Wreath. And then a certain prefect with his tonfa out, appeared. 

"Are you done? Why did you fake our deaths?" He was, by no means, irritated. The rest, then, started popped out one by one, complaining. The Varia, actually.

Nevertheless, Mukuro had finished his so called warming up. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi sweated as he stumbled out into the open field, where the rest stood, unharmed. He sighed upon that, and upon seeing Mukuro. The said man had just finished his small 'speech' with the conclusion that the Real Funeral Wreath are very strong. Fran held a yellow cone and monotonously shouted that the 'show' will be starting. Ryuuichi stifled a laugh at the large frog hat and somehow, he managed to grab everyone's attention unintentionally. He screamed internally when eyes were set on him. He stiffly nodded, glancing into Mukuro's heterochromatic eyes for brief moment. 

He then looked into a familiar pair of grey eyes, relief when he confirmed to himself that the prefect wasn't an illusion. How strange of him needing reassurance when he knew that the prefect is real.

Hibari, noticed something as they locked eyes and raised an eyebrow. Though, he said nothing. When Ryuuichi broke the staring contest when the teen looked up to the Real Funeral Wreath, he merely stared a little longer before looking up too.

"This is where the Millefiore and the Vongola will have their final battle" Kikyo said, somewhat amused.

"The side which controls this area shall prevail in the end" Mukuro added with similar amusement when Fran retorted, telling his master to simply ' his thumb and watch' since he was still recovering. That, and he need to wait for the Vongola box. 

Ryuuichi blinked at that. Now that he think about it, where did Chrome went? She wasn't with the teams that ambushed Kikyo and Zakuro, and he remembered the scene that she was running to where they were, and got slapped by M.M. He narrowed his eyes when he remembered the latter. He unconsciously rubbed his shoulder. He was still annoyed at the fact that the girl had beat him even though he tried to tone it down. Still, it was not a good memory and it quite an effort for him to push everything down again. 

And then, all hell broke lost when he finally broke himself out of his train of thoughts. He quickly jumped further away when they started fighting, shooting a few stray shots and Kikyo's dinosaur whilst standing in front of the injured ones, namely Ryohei and Gokudera. Ryohei and Gokudera leaned against a tree, resting, as the former reported to Tsuna about their situation when a loud blast erupted, surprising them. Ryuuichi grimace as he shot one of the dinosaur, his cloud flame from the extra ring he wore created a purple flame arrow that burned down the creature. No doubt, his flames were flammable. A little too flammable, he would say. 

Suddenly, he felt something was coming. His heart jumped once as his eyes widen. He glanced up to the sky and saw green ripples. The ripples then turned bigger and bigger and lightning flame flashed about. At that, he quickly cut off his flame and took off his rings. 

A bright light momentarily blinded them and when the it disappeared, a giant, guy with long hair appeared. 

"Ghost"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= This took awhile, didn't it.. *sweat drop*

Fun Fact= Kiss on the hand means respect, adoration, kindness, politeness and many others.

Fun Fact= When Ryuuichi pecked Yuni's hand, Reborn, although amused, was a little bit.. annoyed. A tiny bit. That, and he had somehow taped that down. How, please don't ask why.

Ryuuichi could somehow 'hear' the explosions in more detail perhaps was a bit too much. Though, he had somehow gained a skill of cutting every noise out when he focused on something during the time he spent with Tsuna and the others. Especially when he was reading. He would absolutely ignore you if he was too deep in his book. (Which gained him pokes on the side courtesy of Yuuichi)

Fun Fact= Ryuuichi subconsciously worries about Hibari more than the others. (And if Gokudera and Dino knows about it, they would be jealous. Definitely.) He himself didn't realize it, nor did the others anyway since he rarely show or say anything other than a frown or scowl. Or both.

In the previous chapter, Ryuuichi had used the ring that received acceptance from the first generation to open his box weapon. After doing so, he immediately chain the ring back onto his neck. It wasn't written, which I just realized.

During the fight on the last section where Ryuuichi 'helped' a little, he was wearing the sun ring and the cloud ring that his older self left behind. He didn't noticed this but the cloud ring cracked a little.

The fact that Ghost is still... Weird me out a little.

I just realized that there were quite an amount of plot holes here and there *sigh* Oh well. I might amend it after everything is done. AND OH MY GOD. 40 CHAPTERS

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc.etc. mistakes]