Third, Fourth and Fifth Key

Second Life

"What is your desire?"

"I desire understanding"

Ryuuichi snapped out of his musing and looked up to the sky. He felt a twinge in his heart. It wasn't his emotions. It was Enma. Enma was in sorrow. Ryuuichi placed a hand on his chest, just above his heart and clenched his shirt, frowning. If he didn't knew better, he would probably freak out on the fact that he could feel the red head's emotions.

It was because of the bond they had, in mafia and in friendship. The connection that was vibrating under their flames' coating was the one that prevented them from actually feeling each other's feeling. And since his flames were temporarily restrained, the coating had lessen a great margin, to the point he could actually feel them. (He realized this when he was flooded by a bunch of emotions and feelings from the three familgia's boss all at once. Dino's was the faintest, but it was there. Tsuna and Enma's pulsated the hardest. No doubt, it would be worst later on.)

He sighed inaudibly, pushing the emotions down. He felt as though he was invading Enma's privacy. (He had a hunch that years later, not only he himself but the others as well, could strongly feel each other through their bonds. The perks of flames, huh)

"Let's take some rest on top of the hill" Gokudera suggested. They had been walking up and down for quite a while anyway. No doubt they were all tired. 

Tsuna agreed, silently relief that the bomber suggested that. If he didn't, he might just collapse. Just as they reached the hill top, Tsuna spotted a town. It didn't really take them long to immediately went down.

"Seems like no one's here..." Ryuuichi glanced around warily. He didn't exactly liked abandoned town or buildings. It just creeps him out. A lot. He kept walking, not really focusing on the others as all his attention was on the houses and all. One of the houses caught his interest, as he made a beeline to it. 

This particular house doesn't seemed like the others. It looked similar though, but it was the vibe that this house gave off. He scanned the house, totally oblivious to the fact that Tsuna and Gokudera spotted ---t P. He then noticed the name plate on it, and touched it gently.

'Now that I think about it... This Island was inhabited by Cozart when he and his family left Italy...' He absentmindedly caressed black name plate, name of who, he couldn't recognize. He wasn't exactly sure of the timeline and all, but he was certain that Shimon Family left Italy earlier than Vongola Primo. Does that mean Giotto had met up with Cozart after the man himself left Italy too? Or they didn't.

"Rocket Bomb! Version X!" He snapped out if and turned around, to see dynamites flying towards ----t P. He sweated lightly and quickly started his Sight. He seriously need to stop spacing out and tuned the world off.

Those bombs were improved, in the aspect of speed and power. Somehow the speck and shape changed too. Ryuuichi was sure that it would cause fatal injuries if anyone was to hit directly by it. Though, the girl wasn't even fazed by it. Either she knew of the improvement and knew she could escape from it, or she didn't. 

"So cute, Gokudera-kun. You're really weak" She lit up her ring and eight claw like legs appeared from her back. All of the legs shot something towards the dynamites. Gokudera was surprised when his dynamites not only diffused, but melted too. She then unarmed herself and charged towards the bomber, hugging him.

"You're warm, Gokudera-kun. Warm warm (Naive)." The bomber yelled at her, but she didn't detached herself as she continued to speak. "However, Gokudera-kun. Living cozily with others is a proof of your weakness. Saying that for people and for Juudaime is just an excuse of your reason to live. You're relying on others because you're not confident in yourself. At this rate, if you lose Juudaime, you have no reason to live and become like a corpse. 

"I also have people I like. I like Enma, Adelheid, Kaoru, Rauji and Koyo. I don't know about Julie.. But I like Gokudera-kun too, since you're so cute. But I come first. My sense, my way of thinking, my style, my ---s, my thighs. It's all self-respect." She moved to look at Gokudera in the eyes. "I love myself the most." And she maneuvered herself up by Gokudera's shoulders and broke one of the balloons with her boots.

"Dammit!" Just as Gokudera was about to counter back, the ground he was standing turned muddy. He stumbled, almost falling down. "My flame is Earth's Seventh Tribute, Flame of Swamp. I can ferment any inorganic substance and create a bottomless swamp"

Gokudera clicked his tongue. He was sinking, and the only way to get out of the muddy swamp was to blow himself out. It didn't took him long enough to use air bomb, which he successfully got out of it and landed away from it.

"However, since Gokudera-kun lives for the sake of Sawada Tsunayoshi, his heart is fragile. Gokudera-kun, shall I have you see directly that you're usually deceiving yourself and trying not to see the reality that 'No matter what you think, Sawada Tsunayoshi is no good at all, right?'"

She then proceeded ranting about how stupid Tsuna is, claiming that he's a , practically failing in every subject, et cetera, et cetera. Ryuuichi found it quite unnerving on how she knew all that so well, and deducted that she's a stalker. 'An eccentric stalker, I must say'

The brunette was downhearted. Everything ---t. P had said was true. He's practically an idiot. He tried to not be one! He definitely did! But everything just backfired, until Reborn came, that is. The hitman's arrival practically changed his life upside down. Though, he would sometimes wonder if his friends are disappointed at him.

"Is that all?" He snapped his head up towards Gokudera so fast that one would thought his head would fallen off his neck. A dynamite blasted the girl from behind, one of her balloon popped.

"Before I tell you that, I'll make it clear. Of course I know all of Juudaime's no good parts that you mentioned. So what about it? That's only a small part of Tenth. That's nothing to do with the part of Juudaime that I admired as the Vongola Juudaime"

Ryuuichi smiled, leaning against the wall. He, for some reason, felt proud of Gokudera. The bomber had came a long way. Tsuna and his guardians, Reborn and the others, practically everyone had came a long way until this point in life. Even Ryuuichi himself. 

'Our time will always keep running'

-----------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi closed his eyes, a ghost tear fallen. ---t. P was hauled away by Vindice, with Enma trying to help her but failed. Ryuuichi's heart hurt so much that he practically had to stop himself from tearing it out. Enma's rage and agony was stronger than before. He all but wanted to comfort the red head, but he couldn't. It he were to interfere, who knows what the Vindice might do. He rather stay in vast dry land rather than a small water tank trapped for who knows how long, thank you very much.

In addition, Tsuna's own feeling was increasingly similar to Enma's, but the brunette's held a pain and concern for Enma, not just the rest of his guardians. Ryuuichi knew that the brunette had long taken Enma as his friend, his family, his precious, even if the brunette himself hadn't realize it.

Ryuuichi breathed in deeply. He glared with all he could at Julie, who arrived with Adelheid who wanted to stop Enma. The red head was going to cause havoc, and they all knew it. His emotions were making him lose control.

'So much for wanting to ignore this feelings' 

He's going to punch Vindice the first moment he get. And that s--tface. And perhaps Checkerface as well.

He jumped away, narrowly dodged the flying debris from the fight. He cursed lightly when he missed a step and fallen onto the ground. He groaned and pushed himself up again. He clicked his tongue at the slight pain on his ankle but quickly dismissed it upon Enma's words.

"Isn't the crest on your gloves proof of the Vongola? That's who you'll always be. You're at the center of the Vongola, and have been benefiting the most from the Vongola's power. And then, when the going gets tough, you escape from the responsibility. Wielding the Vongola's crest, getting others involved, hurting them, then saying that you won't succeed as the boss. You hope too much"

"No! I didn't mean to hurt others! I want to use this power to protect my friends! That's how it's been until now, and always will be!" 

"A fraud like Primo. You liar. Do you seriously think you can escape this bloody fate? Even though that blood's curse is definite."

"Wha-? What are you talking about, Enma?!" 

"Let me tell you this, Sawada Tsunayoshi. You're not only the descendant of Vongola Primo who betrayed the First Shimon.. You are the son of Sawada Iemitsu,

"The man who killed my parents and my sister!" 

The brunette was taken aback. 'No! Lies!' His intuition screamed, but Enma's tears was genuine. The fire burning in those red eyes were genuine too. So real, that he couldn't help but believed. His flames, out of shock, dispersed. 

'No... Why?'

------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, Ryuuichi couldn't stand Tsuna's blank face anymore. He had been wanting to talk the brunette out of it as they walked the stairs, continuing the journey. He goddamn would even slap a sense or two into his mind, if not he was rendered temporary mute. Man, if that doesn't annoys Ryuuichi anymore than it could, Tsuna was practically selectively mute for the time being.

He grabbed Tsuna's arm, then grabbed his cheeks so that he would face him and looked directly in the brown eyes. He twitched again at the blank look and slammed his forehead to the brunette's so hard that Tsuna literally fell on his behind.

He looked down at him, crossing his arms, body language screaming irritated. He mouthed. "Idiot"

He clicked his tongue again, peering up the sky just in time to see a helicopter flying above them before it left. Ryuuichi turned away and walked, taking the lead this time.

For some reason, he wanted to hug someone so badly right now.

--------------------------------------------------------

A Hibari Kyouya appeared. No, literally, he appeared. From the helicopter they saw a moment ago. The prefect jumped down from the helicopter and landed right in front of Ryuuichi. He do not need that. His heart practically leaped in surprise at Hibari's landing.

He sweated a little when Hibari sized him up, very well aware that the grey orbs narrowed murderously at the collar on his neck. Hibari's eyes met him, his arms moving slightly as though he was going to take his tonfa out and destroy that collar. He took a small step back and shook his head. 

'Dude. Did his eyes just narrowed even more?' How the prefect did it, he absolutely didn't want to know.

True, Hibari was pissed at the sight of that bloody object around Ryuuichi's neck. It didn't help when Ryuuichi wouldn't allow him to take it off. If he didn't knew better, he would've thought that Ryuuichi actually liked having that collar. No. He could tell that he was forced to wear that godforsaken thing. Oh someone's going to pay.

"This is not important at the moment. Concentrate on your battle, Hibari" The teen mouthed. Hibari practically wanted to snap back that how was that not important and why the hell he wasn't using his voice, but he knew that it really wasn't the time. He glared at Ryuuichi a moment before turning to Adelheid.

"Where's the other one?" His tone definitely sounded annoyed, rather than amused, much to Ryuuichi's chagrin. "The little animal that ran wild during the Inheritance Ceremony?"

"Let's get this straight. That despicable Vongola boss is nothing like the Shimon boss, Enma. Don't you dare group them together!" Ryuuichi would probably face palm at Adelheid, (un)fortunately, he didn't. He rather not explain or say anything to her currently, as if he could speak anyway. He really doubt that Hibari grouped Enma and Tsuna together. The prefect didn't. Really. However,

"Is there any difference, ecology-wise?" 'Goddammit Hibari' Ryuuichi took a double take and was sporting a very blank, deadpanned face at that.

"Enma is not here. But since you came, I shall defeat you. I challenge you, Hibari Kyouya" 

"Fine by me. Previously, in the fight on the rooftop, I saw the size of the fangs of the beast that you are. You can never bite me to death. But well, it's enough for me to vent out my frustration on a lump of meat"

---------------------------------------------------------

Tsuna was still trying to grasp the fact that Hibari, the Hibari Kyouya, had actually said that his face was dull. Perhaps it was because of what happened with Enma, but still. Hibari noticed and voiced it out as if he cares. (Actually, he does) And hell, does Hibari looked handsome in his Vongola Gear. A freaking altered chouran. 

So should Tsuna be afraid that Hibari was probably targeting him for something, or that he found Hibari handsome?

His train of thoughts was broken when he noticed that the fight was beginning, and moved to have a closer look. Hibari did told him to watch his fight. The prefect probably wanted to convey something in his fight. 

Ryuuichi tried to suppress the shiver down his spine at Hibari's actions. He really did. But it still ran through him like electricity. He internally squealed and definitely had his Sight up. Damn Hibari for being so cool and that pair of tonfa. (It's awesome) He reluctantly took his gaze off Hibari and watched Adelheid forming ice by the water fall, freezing the whole thing up and creating Diamond Castle.

"Diamond Castle is strengthen by a coating of glacier flame. So it can withstand any physical attacks. Also, because of its 'freezing' ability, it can withstand all flame attacks. Even an attack on the same level as Sawada Tsunayoshi's X-Burner is useless."

Adelheid was well-aware that the Vongola Cloud Guardian wasn't fazed by her castle's defense. If he was, she would be very disappointed in him.

"Heh. Looks like it's worth biting you off after all. But how are you planning on taking my arm band if you're trapped inside that ice?"

"I'm not the one who's going to take it from you"

The water beneath Hibari's feet rippled slightly, when hundreds of ice blizzardroids rose from it, all taking shape of Adelheid. Even its strength were the same as Adelheid's. One Adelheid was troublesome enough, but 500? Deep, very deep inside Tsuna, he was relief that he wasn't up against her, not when his X Burner probably wouldn't work.

And then the puppets charged towards Hibari, to be slashed into pieces in just split seconds.

"Wha-?! What the?!"

A very long chain spiralled around Hibari, the one that cut down the blizzardroids that charged towards him. Once it was down, the chain retracted back into the tonfa, clanking back into place. "You merely defeated seven of them. Don't let it get into your head. There are still 493 blizzardroids left. Even you will surely exhaust all your stamina. It is impossible for you to reach me"

How wonderful of her to underestimate Hibari. "Impossible? It seems that you have not yet realized the magnitude of what you are dealing with. Because I put my arm band at stake, you had better be more than prepared."

"The word 'discipline' is something that I will never give up, no matter what. But it's not because it is my pride that I will not give it up. It's because I cannot give it up. That's why it's my pride. Wait for me."

The blood thirst rose. "I will bite you to death soon"

---------------------------------------------------------

"It's because there's a sky that clouds can float freely. But someday even that sky will also be bitten to death"

Ryuuichi was grinning creepily, so creepy that he himself found it scary. Not to mention that his jaw was hurting from all the smiling. But god, was Hibari phenomenal. From the spikes, to the cuffs, to his tonfa and his intense eyes. Ryuuichi couldn't describe the joy and excitement he felt for all this. He's not all ready for all this awesomeness.

It wasn't until the Vindice came and gave them the Fourth key that he snapped out of it. The truth was clear as daylight, and Julie along with Chrome who hid by the trees were found by Hibari.

'I want to punch him, but I can't. How-' His eyes widen momentarily upon a small glow by Julie- no. Daemon when he revealed himself. He looked to the others, noting that they didn't saw the glow, now circling by Daemon and Chrome, more on Chrome, as if trying to wake the girl up from whatever she was influenced by.

Even Daemon himself didn't noticed the glow.

The glow stopped circling, floated in front of Daemon. Ryuuichi suspected that his eyes were playing tricks on him, but the glow dimmed slightly.

'Is that...?'

His heart dropped. Should he be in his past life, he would be wondering what kind of sappy angst drama this was, but now, he couldn't. Not when this was real. Daemon.. Daemon should have pass long ago, but his soul remained rooted on earth, as so said for the sake of Vongola. Generations through generations, he never really passed. 

And because his fragment still remained, she didn't either, faithfully waiting for him. 

Silently, he prayed for their happiness after all this situations.

"I won't forgive you!" He blinked, the glow wasn't there anymore. Kaoru, appearing out of nowhere, or at least they didn't realize it, stabbed Daemon from the back. "How dare you trick us! How dare you do that to Koyo, to Rauji, to topi-chan. to Adelheid..."

"We Shimon are not your toys!!"

But that Daemon in front of him disappeared, appearing behind him and stabbed him with his staff. Despite the blood, the Daemon Kaoru had stabbed was an illusion. The blood he spilled and the pain he himself felt, however, was real.

"The mist ability of the seven sky attribute isn't the only thing I can do. I can also freely use the desert ability of the seven earth attribute. You are not in the same league as I am, Mizuno Kaoru."

---------------------------------------------------------

The sound of metal hitting metal resonated more louder to Ryuuichi. A weight that he didn't realized was there was lifted. He breathed out upon the sight of Yamamoto.

"This is a surprise. You should be mortally wounded" 

Yamamoto laughed, not the laid-back and cheerful type, but one that held hints of seriousness. "My redeeming feature is my 'vitality' after all." He moved his katana, pushing Daemon back a few feet. "You okay, Kaoru?!"

The said teen couldn't believe it. The same teen he had almost killed saved him. The same person he wanted be friends with, and the same person who he had to eliminate because he saw the crossed out Vongola crest, and yet, he saved him. "Wh- why?! Why'd you save me?! I tried to kill you! Why did you save me, Yamamoto?!"

Yamamoto smiled. "What are you talking about? You were really in trouble, so I came to help. That's what friends are for, right?" Kaoru's heart swelled in both happiness and guilt. Happy that Yamamoto regarded him as a friend, guilty because he tried to murder his friend. Tears, like a broken dam, fell freely down his cheeks.

"Ya- Yamamoto... I'm sorry.." "Haha~ Just leave it to me"

"What's going on? I don't believe this. By all means he should be wounded in critical condition, but Yamamoto Takeshi is here standing right before my eyes" Daemon was quite surprised, yet he was intrigued. It wasn't everyday you see someone in E.R, struggling and the next day, that person is standing, laughing and smiling. 

"You're some ancient ghost who should have died long, long time ago. So look who's talking!" 

"Well, you don't appear to be an illusion" 

Yamamoto's eyes glinted. "I happened to be saved by an old acquaintance of mine. Oh and Ryuu, he said 'Thanks'." Ryuuichi grunted with a nodded. He knew who Yamamoto was talking about after all. Though, why would he say thanks, Ryuuichi didn't know.

For some reason, Ryuuichi zoned out again. He was distracted by the mist surrounding them, and the blank look on Chrome. He half wanted to touch the mist out of curiosity, the other half wanted to go grab Chrome, but he stayed put. He really couldn't remember what comes next, after Vindice gave them the Fifth Key.

Speaking of Vindice, they appeared again.

They captured the injured Kaoru, claiming that his pride has already broke. The moment when Daemon took things to his own hands and created chaos, along with the moment when the rest of the First Vongola Guardians appeared and aided Cozart and his family. Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow when he saw Caelum as well. 'Whaddaya know. He fought as well'

Now, Ryuuichi would just lay back and watch. He might help, but not at this moment. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= Sorry, this took longer than I thought it would. Chapter 314 to half of Chapter 328. I'll continue the other half of it at the next chapter.

I didn't elaborate much, since really. As I've said a lot of time before, I'm lazy and it's too long and hard to put it in words. Especially when it's on manga *sigh* All this serious writing is tiring me out =w=lll

Anyone saw the video Amano Akira-sensei made!? The crossover between KHR and her newest series?! OMG THEY'RE SO AWESOME!

Ryuuichi being able to feel the other's feeling was kind of inspired by other fanfics (mostly angst, actually) that Tsuna's guardian was able to feel something when something happened to Tsuna and whatsoever. I find that so endearing and lovely, so why not? 

Right. First thing first. I CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT CALM DOWN ON HIBARI'S AWESOMENESS. NOT EVEN WHEN HE FALL ASLEEP IMMEDIATELY AFTER DAEMON AND CHROME RETREATED.

I was thinking of having Ryuuichi seeing ghost lol but that would be too scary so nope. Stay as glows. Though, that glow was an exception as well. Ryuuichi can't see the soul slash glow unless he was the one who ended the life and cast the judgement. However, I need to tweak that. So,

Ryuuichi will only see the soul if he were to cast a judgement. Those who he killed, well, won't be seen unless he cast a judgement on them as well.

*Smirks* there might be a little bit of fluff the next chapter~ A little.

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc.etc. mistakes]