Beginning of The Second

Second Life

She vaguely remembered that she was waiting for her brain to succumb to sleep around 11.30 p.m at night. At the back of her mind, she wondered what was happening, what was this feeling. It's like she's slowly falling, drowning even, into this deep dark void. It wasn't like the usual feeling of falling down in her dreams that usually immediately shook her up. No. It's not.

Her eyes slowly opened. Her mind still muddled, half aware of what was happening. It was pitch black. Nothing. She saw nothing. Not even her own body. Starting to get a bit sober, she blinked. 'What the-'. Suddenly, she was floating. Not exactly but she felt like she was floating up. And she blinked again.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Right on 11.34 p.m at night on the 6th of October, a boy was born. His cries filled the surgery room as the nurses and doctor congratulated the woman. 7 minutes later, on 12.01 a.m, which already encroached the 7th of October, another boy's cries joined the first.

-------------------5 years later------------------------------

"Ryuu-kun! Yuu-kun! Come down for breakfast!!" A chorused yes was shouted from upstairs. The mother of the twins smiled as she placed the breakfast on the dining table. The father walked into the room, looking at a camera. "Kei, look at where you're going. You'll hit something" Shiroki Kei looked up sheepishly and lovingly at his wife, Shiroki 'Natsume' Sakura.

"Sorry. Can't help it" Sakura giggled. "Nervous much?" She leaned up slightly and pecked Kei on the lips as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "It's not even your big day" 

"I'm just simply checking if the camera works fine... Though, I must admit.. They're growing up too fast!! It felt like it was just yesterday when they're just toddlers...." He pouted, placing his chin on her shoulder. She giggled again. "It is, isn't it.." She placed her hands on top of her husband's. Their wedding rings shone.

"Good morning, Papa, Mama!!" Twins of five years of age, dressed up in their uniform, ran into the room and towards their parents, giving them a hug.

The two adults smiled and returned their greetings. 

"Are you two excited?" Kei bent down to the same eye level as theirs' and pat them both on the head gently. One with shorter dark brown hair that could be easily mistaken as black hair nodded with much enthusiasm while the other one, with slightly longer dark brown hair tied up into a small pony tail nodded slightly, but was happy nonetheless. 

The shorter haired one which goes by the name Shiroki Yuuichi, is the younger twin. The longer haired one goes by the name Shiroki Ryuuichi, is the elder twin. The younger was expressive, a tad bit hyper even. The older was more passive and calm, but a smile never fails to lighten up on his face. Both the exact polar opposite, yet they're somewhat the same. 

"Well, let's eat breakfast! The both of you don't want to be late right?" Sakura said, as both Kei and her helped their children up the chairs.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Ne, Papa. What's the name of this town?" Ryuuichi asked. He scanned the neighbourhood as the whole family walked side by side. He stood on by the right hand side of the younger twin, who was chatting excitedly with their mother. The twins carried similar backpacks. The only difference was that Ryuuichi's backpack was black with white stripes while Yuuichi's was white with black strips. It's the first day of kindergarten. All of them were excited except for him. Slightly baffled that he'll have to go through kindergarten, again.

'To think that I've to tolerate and wait for 5 years before I could even ask where I live.... 'Ch' 

"This town we live in is called Namimori, Ryuu" The said child's eyes widen as he abruptly stopped his track. The three others stopped and stared at him.

"Ryuu(-kun)?" He quickly smiled at them, saying that it's nothing and they continued their journey. 'Namimori?! Does it even exist on the map of Japan!?' He absentmindedly chatted with his current family as he brainstormed. 'Holy . Namimori doesn't exist!! DOES THAT MEAN I'M IN KHR WORLD!?!?? WHAT EVEN?!?'

His train of thoughts were immediately broken when Sakura and Yuuichi squealed happily at the sight of their kindergarten. They immediately posed with happy grins on their face. Ryuuichi let out an inaudible sigh at them but made no move to join them. Kei, who was standing beside him, was taking pictures of them. The older twin sweated lightly when he heard continuous clicks.

"Come on. Go stand with Mama and Yuuichi" His father pushed him on the back lightly when he finally realized that he wasn't joining. Sakura and Yuuichi were calling for him to join them at the background. He hesitated a little before giving up. 'Well, if you can't beat them, join them...' He walked up to them and stood by the side of his younger brother. A small but genuine smile appeared on his face.

Though, at the back of his mind, he wondered which timeline was he in but he was immediately answered at the sight of Yamamoto Tsuyoshi and a black haired boy with the same uniform and colour of scarf he had on his neck. It was the same colour as his, Red. 'That...Was not exactly what I was expecting...' 

He paid no mind when his father jumped towards Tsuyoshi, perhaps asking him to take their picture, as he continued staring at the younger Yamamoto. 'So I'm at the same age as Tsuna...' He smiled at the camera when his father, who suddenly popped out by his side, placing his hand on his shoulder and wrapping another around Sakura.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, Yamamoto wasn't in his class. While the twins were in Tulip Class, Yamamoto was in Sunflower Class. 'Well, it suit him... Somehow..' Beside him, Yuuichi was talking to a few other kids happily, immediately joined a circle. He smiled fondly at the sight of his happy twin. Before, when he was a she, 'Ryuuichi' had an older sister, with her being the youngest. 

But now, when he realized that he's the eldest child, he easily fell into the roll of a big brother despite having no experience. Even when he's only 3 at one time, he took care of Yuuichi when both Sakura and Kei are busy. It was a wonder that a 3 years old toddler be able to take care of another one like he was 10. Sakura and Kei noticed that Ryuuichi was more matured than normal children. He gave off a late teenager's vibe.

"Ryuuichi-kun?" His train of thoughts was broken once again, but by a teacher this time. Jun was the name of the teacher. He was crouching to his eye level. He pushed back the annoyance that each person taller than 130cm do that to him and answered politely. "Yes, Sensei?" 

"Are you ok? Why aren't you joining the others to play?" He was clearly concerned.

'Play?' He scrunched up his nose a little before it disappeared when he saw the other kids running around here and there at the small playground the kindergarten had. 'Ah..' "I'm ok, Sensei. I'm just thinking about something" Jun was surprised at the boy. Normally kids of this age won't have much thought in their supposedly pure brain. He wasn't able to answer back when the kid ran up to his twin after bowing at the teacher.

'Maybe he's a genius child..'

-----------------------3 years later--------------------

"Ryuu!! Hurry up!!" He heard Yuuichi shouted from downstairs. He sighed and shook his head at the impatient kid. "Alright!! Gimme a second!!" He quickly place a pack of bandages into his backpack and wore his socks before running down the stairs with his backpack in tow. He met up with his brother who brighten up when he saw his older brother and scrambled into the living room "Mom! Dad! Can we go out to play?!" The younger one asked for permission, with puppy eyes plastered on his face. The two adults laughed a little.

"Sure. Seeing that you've prepared already" Ryuuichi inwardly smirked. 'That's because we both know that you both won't say no' He exchanged a smug look with Yuuichi before running out of the living room to the door way and wore their shoes quickly. "We'll be going!!" Their parents answered with a "Be careful!!" 

They pushed out their bicycle, Ryuuichi's black while Yuuichi's white. Ryuuichi checked both bicycles' tyres pressure before they rode it. The two was immediately debuted as genius twin during their early school years. The now 8 years old Ryuuichi is a genius in academic aspect while Yuuichi is a genius in sports aspect, especially basketball.

Ryuuichi remembered that he introduced that sport to the younger one despite being not good at it. But, Yuuichi, being the prodigy he is, immediately mastered it. He became so good at it that he can go on an one on one with an adult. When they both entered Primary School at tender age of seven, Yuuichi, without a doubt, joined the basketball team. Ryuuichi joined the chess club and easily became the top of all. He even won against a teacher in it before. 'Well, you can't blame me when I've 4 years of experiences already.. Can you...?'

The two of them were cycling towards a basketball court nearby their house when they suddenly heard mocking laughters. Right in front of them, they saw brunette cycling a four wheeled bicycle. 

Ryuuichi's eyes widen when he saw the familiar gravity defying brown hair. The boy was trying to catch up with his friends who were mocking him about still using training wheels and yelling "Dame-Tsuna!!" at him. 'Could this be...' He remembered somewhere in the anime that the brunette was in this kind of situation. Beside him, Yuuichi was a bit disgusted at the sight, but not at the brunette. A sign that his strong sense of justice was activating.

Suddenly, the brunette fell. He exchanged looks with Yuuichi before cycling up towards the fallen kid. "Let's go"

They braked and went down. "Hey, are you ok?" He asked the tear stricken brunette. The kid only cried harder, obviously scared. 'Well, he was a bit shy when he was a kid if I'm not wrong..' "Ryuu.. He's injured..." Yuuichi whispered to him and only then did he saw his right knee was bleeding.

"Right." He rummaged his backpack and got out a large bottle of water and a handkerchief. He poured a some water onto the handkerchief with the help of Yuuichi. He took the wet handkerchief and turned towards the still crying kid. "Hey, it's ok." He gently wiped away the tears with his long sleeves. The kid sniffed, but stopped crying nonetheless. 

Ryuuichi smilled a little, felt relief. "It's gonna hurt a little so hold on, ok?" He grabbed the back of the injured knees, and cleaned the wound with the wet handkerchief, trying to be gentle as possible. The brunette flinched when pain shot up. He clenched his hands and shut his eyes tightly. Ryuuichi handed Yuuichi the handkerchief and took out the pack of bandages he brought along. 'Luckily I decided to bring this...' "Hold still.."

He placed the bandage over the wound with care. "Alright. You're ok now" He looked up and saw the kid still shaking. His eyes still closed and he noticed the brunette's hands were clenched so tight that his knuckles turned white. He grabbed those clenched fists and pried them open.

"Hey, everything's alright now" 

Slowly, the tension left the hands and eyes opened, revealing the lighter than theirs' brown eyes. Ryuuichi and Yuuichi smiled brightly at him. "Come on, stand up" They helped him up, Yuuichi dusted the dirt from his form while Ryuuichi asked for his name. "S-sawada Tsunayoshi... Age 8..." 'Wow it's really him. Cute~' 

"I'm Shiroki Ryuuichi, this is my younger brother, Shiroki Yuuichi-" Yuuichi smiled at him "-We're both 8 too" Ryuuichi paused. Tsuna nodded, still a bit shaken in Ryuuichi's eyes. "Can you tell me what happened?" Even though he already know the answer, he still asked nontheless. "I-I accidentally hit the rock.." He pointed at the culprit. "Tsunayoshi-kun... Why did your friends call you "Dame-Tsuna"??" Yuuichi asked.

Ryuuichi shot a look at his twin when the youngest of the three flinched. "B-because Tsuna-kun is useless at everything.. That's why they called me "Dame-Tsuna".." 

Ryuuichi sighed inwardly. As he remembered, Tsuna was mediocre at mostly everything, but not useless. Slightly lower than average, but never useless. He inherited his mother's ditzyness. Ryuuichi's a little glad that he didn't inherited his father's idiocy. Nope. Not a good thing if he did. Sawada Iemitsu is an intelligent person, no doubt, but he's still idiotic. "Hey Tsunayoshi, you aren't useless. Remember that, alright?" 

He cupped the chubby cheeks and stared right into the brown orbs. 

"A-alright..." He smiled at that. "You can go back on your own right?" A nod was his answer. "Then we'll have to go." He gathered his stuff from the ground. His twin inspected the boy's bicycle. The brunette seem reluctant and sad that they're going. "U-umm!!" They both stared at him. "T-thank you..." He lightly bowed.

Ryuuichi smiled at him "Don't worry Tsunayoshi. We'll definitely meet again" He pat the surprisingly soft gravity defying hair, having a knowing look plastered. "Tsunayoshi, believe that you're strong. Believe that you're more than what you think you are" He gazed at Yuuichi, who said that there's nothing wrong with his bicycle. They both walked towards theirs' own and cycled away. Ryuuichi looked back and shouted "See you!!"

He and Yuuichi continued their way without turning around. "Hey Ryuu. You sure that it's alright leaving him there like that?" Ryuuichi smiled "Don't worry. Everything will be alright"

The younger one stared at his brother. The knowing look and anticipation confused him to no end. The fact that he said 'see you', rather than 'good bye' meant that they'll definitely meet again. He sighed. "Sometime I just couldn't seem to understand you and what's ever on your mind even though we're twins..." A pout was plastered on his face.

Ryuu laughed, but said nothing afterwards. 'Perhaps one day, Yuuichi. Perhaps one day, I'll say everything'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= Welp, there you go! First chapter! I'm surprised. I haven't even posted this up and there's already 12 comments. Thanks guys!! I hope you guys like it! 

CREDITS TO KYUNGSOOBEAR2407 WHO IS MY BETA READER AND EDITOR!!! REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT HIS STORIES!!!! (www . asianfanfics . com / profile / view/ 234671) [Remove the spacing and the brackets]

Second chapter coming up after a couple of hours or so!! IF POSSIBLE THAT IS!!

[I apologize for any grammar,spelling,etc.etc. mistake!!]