Timeline

Second Life

---------------------Eight Years Ago----------------------

A young Yuuichi tugged at a equally young Ryuuichi's sleeves, hiding behind his brother. "Onii-chan..." Ryuuichi grasped his hands behind his back, giving it a reassuring squeeze, his eyes never leaving the road. He looked from right to left, where tall people walking pass them, paying no heed to two six-years-old. He tried to look past through the moving legs and bodies, only to frown when he see nothing. He sighed in annoyance. He seriously hate being this short. 

He probably grabbed Yuuichi's hand and carefully and hastily make pass through the sea of people to one corner. Finally, out of the suffocating crowd, he breathed out in relief. He turned to Yuuichi to make sure he was alright to see his brother frighten and tearing up.

He squeeze his hands again, patting him on the head gently. "Yuu, it's alright" 

Yuuichi back his tears, nodding slowly. "B-but what about sensei and the others?" Speaking of them, Ryuuichi almost sighed for the nth time that day if he didn't knew better. He frowned and looked around again. There was no way they could spot their teachers and classmates in this kind of crowd. Who suggested to have the annual year-end trip to Tokyo of all places again? 

He should have stick him and Yuuichi to their teacher, but now that he thought about it, it was better for them to be lost rather than the others. At least he knew what to do rather than throwing a tantrum in this kind of crowd. Not to mention it was easier for them to get kidnapped or something along the line.

He shook his head, cutting himself of his train of rambles rather than thoughts. That was no important at this moment.

"Let's go to find a policeman, or the station. We will have them call sensei, alright?" He smiled when Yuuichi nodded. "In the meantime, let's enjoy the walk there~ And don't let go of my hand?"

And off they go. Ryuuichi led the way, a hand on the city map he had gotten from the station. Fortunately he did, or he might be in trouble. They carefully stuck to the edge of the crowd until they reach a park. If he remembered correctly, their teacher did mentioned about going to visit the park, but who knows which park was it. At least they weren't in a crowd anymore.

It was the beginning of spring, so the cheery blossoms haven't bloom yet, but it was still a magnificent sight. Ryuuichi was in awe as he never saw this kind of park before. Namimori's park couldn't even go against this one. 

"O-onii-san... I'm tired.." Ryuuichi blinked out of his trance. True to what Yuuichi said, his brother was really exhausted seeing that he was panting lightly. Ryuuichi himself was feeling tired as well. He pulled Yuuichi to one of the bench and sat down with a huff. He took out their water bottles from his backpack and passed Yuuichi's to him. As he drank, he wondered if their teacher noticed their disappearance. Heck it wasn't even their fault that they got lost in the first place. Damn that traffic.

He looked to Yuuichi, only to find him asleep, oblivious to the world. He sighed fondly, slowly and gently pried the bottle off Yuuichi's hand. He moved a stray hair from Yuuichi's face. He was glad that he never let go of his brother's hand, or they might be swept off by the crowd separately. Guess the current of humans wore him out. It wore Ryuuichi out too. Very much so. He never really liked crowded place, so it annoyed him immensely. Yuuichi, who was never in a crowd this huge other than the time he was swarmed by parents during a play for being a 'cute dog', was very much terrified.

Even Ryuuichi could feel it through his hands. (It hurt a lot. He almost thought he would lose his hand)

He looked at his watch again and decided that it wouldn't hurt resting for a moment. He smiled again, leaned back against the back rest and watched the clouds roll by.

Mundane as it is, he never thought that he would admit that he was content with that moment.

(When they were reunited with their teachers and classmates again, however, he resisted the urge to sass at them when they scold them for getting lost. Damn you)

---------------------Three Years Ago---------------------

An eleven-years-old Yuuichi was walking down the hallway with a stack of books, pouting. He silently cursed the teacher for separating him and Ryuuichi. Said teacher wanted to talk about 'scouting' or 'exchange' or whatsoever and asked him to send these books to the office as a cover up that the teacher wanted to talk with Ryuuichi in private, and mind you, it was quite a lot. Oh why wouldn't it be a lot and heavy. There was like thirty-five books with hundreds of pages. Why wouldn't it be heavy. (Fortunately, he's an athlete. Screw that teacher) And he really wanted to stay with his brother, for both comfort and retaliation because man, was Ryuuichi's frown hard.

Yuuichi couldn't understand why when he tried to stay, Ryuuichi told him to do as teacher said, alone. Usually, despite whoever it was, Ryuuichi would help as an excuse to escape. But if he didn't, it meant that the situation was pretty serious. He had never seen his brother scowl so openly at a teacher before. Let alone the narrowed eyes. (He wouldn't be surprise if the teacher actually pissed in his trousers as his brother normally held an impassive poker face at them)

He sighed, shifting his hold slightly. He better hurry up and put these down before he literally drop them for being too heavy. He fasten his pace and when he reached the office, he literally used his legs to open the damn sliding door, unintentionally slamming it. The teachers in the office actually jumped on their spots and glared at him, but it melted off when he grinned apologetically. They simply just turned back to their business without batting an eyelash at him. Ah, the perks of being famous and teacher's favourite. Not that he wanted to brag.

He silently trotted to the teacher's table and placed the books down with a huff. He rolled his shoulder and glared at the books. He was definitely going to get sore muscles for carrying this much heavy books. (Hey, he was still building up his muscles and stamina so shut up) 

He quickly sauntered out the office to avoid any conversations with any teachers, but failed to do so. "Shiroki-kun" He froze for a moment before turning to the teacher, his homeroom teacher, to be exact. "Yes, sensei?"

"Have your Science teacher talked to your brother about the international exchange program?" His eyes widen in realization after a beat. His Science teacher, the same teacher that sent him to carry those damn books to the office, was frigging talking to his brother about exchange programs. No wonder his brother was scowling. 'NO!' Instead of answering, he immediately ran off. "S-Shiroki-kun?!" 

He didn't even hear the call as he ran back to their classroom. He was not going to let his brother go off to some unknown country hundred thousands miles from here. He was not going to let them be separated. Accuse him for being possessive and clingy and dependent for all they want, he wasn't going to let go of Ryuuichi. Not now.

"For the last time, sensei. no thank you. I've no intention of leaving Namimori nor Japan itself at the moment. Please stop trying to persuade me" His hands paused short on the door handle, moments away from sliding the door open. He heard his brother's hard, harsh voice, dripping in annoyance and Yuuichi could see him glaring at the teacher, which was pretty an amazing feat.

"But Shiro-kun! This program will be able to help you with your future! Yes, you're a successful student without a doubt, but there are a lot of others like you out there! You won't be able to win against them if you stay here. If it's your brother you're worrying about, then-"

"Sensei." He shuddered at Ryuuichi's voice as his brother cut the teacher's sentence. "Pardon my language, but I give no damn of whether if it will help my future or whatever. I definitely give no damn of competing with anyone. Let them win for all I care because no, I don't care, sensei. 

"And don't bring my brother into this. He has nothing to do with this. Call me stupid and clingy, but I'm definitely not joining. I still have a long way to go, same to the rest of the students of this school. Stop trying to force us to goddamn choose a path because for all I know, this system is stupid." 

The door slid open, but Ryuuichi wasn't the least faze upon seeing a frozen Yuuichi by the doorway as he glared at the teacher one last time. "My future is what I craft. Do not attempt to make it for me" He closed the door and pulled the Yuuichi away, their bags in hand, ignoring the teacher's protests.

"Let's go. We're skipping the rest of the classes." Now that was rebellious. No! Wait!

Yuuichi pulled at Ryuuichi's hand, stopping both of their tracks. "Yuuichi?"

"You... Was it really me who stopped you from going..?" 

Ryuuichi's eyes widen. He groaned and held onto Yuuichi's shoulder, looking at him directly in the eyes to prove that he wasn't lying. "No, it wasn't you. Yes, partly, but no. I stayed because I see no point in going else where for the sake of those people. I wanted to stay here, and here is where I'll be until the time comes. Damn anyone who try to part me away from this land. I will claw their eyes out and pull their intestines off if they try and kiss this land in victory"

Okay that sounded a bit brutal, but it had Yuuichi smiling in relief, glad that he wasn't the burden. Although, it was stupid for him to ask since it was exactly his intention to chain Ryuuichi down to him, rather than this land.

But he'll take that.

(Years later, he laughed at how a moron he was because no matter how far they were, no matter how many thousands or millions of miles apart, they'll always be chained together)

---------------------------Present----------------------------

"Ryuu! Catch!" He managed to catch the flying camera before he ran out, saluting at Yuuichi and Yamamoto. Their sacrifice will be remembered forever. He dipped his head at their cries, but didn't stop. Instead he fasten his pace and ran passes houses after houses, turning every corner he saw.

He couldn't stop. Not when a demon was hots on his tail. A Hibari Kyouya oozing with murderous aura, to be exact. But rather than being scared and scarred for his life, he laughed. He laughed in glee as he swerved through a sharp corner, not even noticing the crept out look from the onlookers. He hadn't had this much fun in ages. He hadn't feel this free and weightless for so long. 

The adrenaline coursing through him was so addictive, and the rush of wind against his whole body was amazing. Never mind the fact that he might die, this was too much of a moment to be afraid! (Though, many would disagree with him. Greatly so) 

As he ran through down the road beside the river, he enjoyed the fast passing sceneries more than he had expected he would. He ignored the fact that his muscles and legs and lungs were screaming at him to stop after sprinting around half the town non-stop along with the laughing, and kept on pushing, kept on running. He somehow felt that if he did, everything around him would stop moving. That if he did, he himself will stop moving.

Until Hibari uncharacteristically tackled him down from the back. He yelped and rolled, somehow managed to roll the both of them down the small hill. They stopped rolling just at the edge of the river bank, with him pinned down but he couldn't help but laughed. He squealed as Hibari reached to grab the camera, mad giggling as he pulled it away from the prefect's grasp. 

"Small animal" Oh there's the murderous tone. Ryuuichi only laughed harder.

"No!" Hibari managed to pluck the camera off Ryuuichi's hands and pulled back just far enough for the younger unable to reach it, straddling him at the same time. He plucked out the memory card and crushed it. "Aww.." Ryuuichi pouted, but he went back to giggling.

The prefect raised an eyebrow at the teen's strange behavior, but shrugged it off as he dropped the camera on his chest. Just as he was about to stand up and walk away, Ryuuichi pulled him down next to him. 

"You-!" Alas, his voice was drowned in the continuous laughter. Hibari twitched and bonk Ryuuichi's head. "Stop laughing." Ryuuichi let out a whine, but settled down, still grinning though. Hibari tried to shake the hand away from his wrist, but he sighed. Looks like Ryuuichi was stubborn and insisting for him to stay. And stay he did.

Ryuuichi was silently grateful that Hibari did stay. If he didn't, he didn't know how to cope with the oncoming emotion rush that slammed into him out of nowhere. He reflected on everything. From the beginning to now. From the moment he was born, til this peaceful moment. He reflected on the Shimon incident, especially. The truth from his parents wasn't exactly unexpected, but it still surprised him. The part with Dino, however, did splendidly. It dawned him that he would have to tell the truth to the others soon as well. 

He reflected on the moment when both Daemon and Elena smiled lovingly and longingly for each other. Their love was so deep that perhaps fate made a mistake of tearing them apart. He reflected the short and brief moment Tsuna and the others, who he was so grateful of, staying by his side and trusting him, hell even comforted him silently when he was mulling of the truth in slight exasperation.

Lastly he reflected on Yuuichi. Just Yuuichi in general. His baby brother, from the moment he laid his eyes on him to the moment his brother mother-henned him for going off without saying anything. His brother who he protected fiercely and was protected by in return with the same ferocity. He honestly couldn't ask for anything more than his brother. It pained him immensely when he cried, and he was the major reason. 

His precious, baby brother. 'No matter where, I'll not let you go, Yuuichi. Mentally'

(After he finished losing himself in his train of thoughts, he was forced to spar with Hibari, but he was happy to obliged this time. Hibari, on the other hand, was actually trying to get him grab a grip of himself, by beating him up. His train of thoughts were too annoying)

(When he knew Hibari was nowhere out of his sight after their spar, he grinned triumphantly and pulled out his phone and texted Yuuichi. 'Success'. In his pocket, a SD memory card securely sat in a zip lock bag)

----------------------Ten Years Later---------------------

A twenty-four-years-old Ryuuichi looked out of the large window, a hand on it while the other in his pocket. He was smiling, chuckling lightly at the memories. "What are you laughing at?" A pair of arms circled his waist and a chin was placed on his shoulder. 

He chuckled again.

"Nothing much" Dino pouted at that. "Lies" Ryuuichi rolled his eyes at that. "So what is it?"

"Ah. Your parents and Yuuichi arrived. Kyouya's going to create homicide because of the increasing crowd so let's- Ouch!" A metal tonfa fell onto Ryuuichi's hand as he blinked on how the weapon managed to curve in it's way into his hand after hitting Dino at the back of the blonde's head. He, fortunately, escaped the cause of the concussion Dino normally gains.

"That hurts, Kyouya!" The said man ignored the whine and sauntered towards them. His eyes narrowed at the arms on Ryuuichi's waist and when he was near enough, he plucked the younger off Dino's grasp, much to the blonde's chagrin and Ryuuichi's amusement.

"You guys are taking too long" 

Ryuuichi grinned. "Really, now~" Hibari twitched at that nonchalant attitude of his and the prefect swore that this man in front of him had mood swings faster than one could say Namimori because Ryuuichi just changed from cheerful to annoyed in just split second. Ryuuichi literally threw Hibari's tonfa out the open door, almost hitting a certain hitman. 

Reborn, now in his adult form walked in with a smug smirk, fedora tipped down, a hand holding Hibari's tonfa. "What?" 

"Your brother is tearing everything and everyone down in search for you. Your parents aren't doing any better" If anything, he shouldn't even look so damn amused of the situation, Tsuna would say. The Shiroki other than Ryuuichi are damn scary when they have too. 

Ryuuichi sighed and nodded. "I'll go down now. Let's go" He stopped and glared at Reborn. "I'm still sour on that incident, Reborn" Reborn's smirk widen in glee.

"But you looked beautiful, Ryuu-chan~" Ryuuichi snarled at that, cheeks flushed in embarrassment of the memories. He then had an idea.

He grinned mischievously inside and walked up to Reborn. When everyone in the room thought that he was going to punch the hitman, he surprised them by giving Reborn a kiss on the cheek. Hell even Reborn was frozen in surprise. He laughed and walked out, but not without winking at them. 

"Two can play a game, Re~Born~" Oh it's on.

(Hibari and Dino raged on the hitman, more so from the former but Reborn bat them off without a care. Evil ideas running through his heads. If war is what Ryuuichi wants, then war will he gets.)

(Later, when they recalled back at all the nonsensical stuff they went through, they almost laughed their asses off. Hibari wasn't the least amused, however, being the one that had to stand through Ryuuichi's insufferable moments. Let's just say Ryuuichi was punished. With a strangely shaped cylinder mark on his back and his forehead red like pomegranates because apples are too commonly used, quoted from Reborn.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= I've absolutely no idea what I was doing with this chapter. Absolutely. No. Idea. At. All.

For the first part, they were following their teachers and classmate as they moved from one of the tourist spot to another, they were literally swept away by humans. Those humans were fortunate enough that Ryuuichi regarded Yuuichi's well being more important than them at that moment.

For the second, Well, kind of obvious. All I wanted to say was, man Ryuuichi and Yuuichi are so whipped by each other. One would meet their end for separating them.

The third part was, well, Reborn had the mischievous idea to take pictures of Hibari's embarassing moment, to which Tsuna rejected but the others agreed to join, so he was, sadly, dragged in as well. Ryuuichi and Yuuichi joined because, that is something they will never ever miss it for the world. 

The last was set in the a parallel world similar to the future they went to, except that Yuni still lives and Byakuran is constantly under control for what they suspected ADHD or hyperactive-ness, whichever fits the bill. This parallel world is not the direct one the present guys will get, so yeah. PARALLEL.

TYL Ryuuichi told them the truth after the present one went back to the past though. It was needless to say that Dino and Hibari got along and closer to Ryuuichi for the past ten years, to which they could practically notice each other's presence despite the effort on hiding it, without even batting an eyelash. Surprisingly (or not), Ryuuichi and Reborn hit off well after he revealed the truth and man, the others didn't even know what hit them when those two started pranking each other and messing with the others as well.

(They swore to whichever deity up there that Ryuuichi gets more sadistic as he goes)

Fun Fact= Yep, I had Reborn in his adult form, about twenty-nine years old because I've a headcanon of Reborn starting off in the mafia at the age of 15 and turned into an Arcobaleno at 29, time stopped, even his age stopped running, so after the curse was broken courtesy of Ryuuichi and Tsuna in the said parallel world, the Arcobaleno grew back to their age in matters of three months. And damn, was those three months hard for the rest.

I'll leave whatever Ryuuichi hadn't forgiven Reborn for to your imaginations *smirks*

I... I think I went overboard with this one. I wanted to write about Hibari more but, ugh. Damn brain.

I just realize I used damn a lot in this chapter. Damn. XP

Before I forgotten, Ryuuichi had pranked Enma as a small, playful revenge. By wanting to tie him up with Hibari of all people.

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc.etc. mistakes]