Locked

Second Life

The smile never left his face even when Ryuuichi backed away, fear and uncertainty clear in those dark brown orbs. He had expected that reaction. He had long expected that.

"I'm sure you know who am I" 

Ryuuichi stayed silent. His lips tightly sealed as disbelief flashed brightly in his eyes. His whole being ran cold. "Lies" He hissed out. Amemori didn't falter. "But you knew I wasn't lying" Each syllabus of his words had Ryuuichi shaking internally. He wanted to deny it. He wanted to deny the truth. He wanted to deny everything about the teen in front of him

And yet, he couldn't.

He knew who Amemori is. He couldn't believe it, and he found it absolutely absurd, but he knew it was the truth. However, as much as he knew that, he couldn't make himself believe it. He just didn't want to. He took in a shaky breath and steadied himself, harden his heart. His hands curled tightly up into fist, nails digging into his palm.

"Why are you here, Alex?" He said slowly. 

If anything, the smile on the other's face brighten a fraction. "I thought that you would ask how, but well, you're never really the expected one." Amemori chuckled and leaned back slightly, his hands supporting him. "To start a new life, of course." 

Ryuuichi almost snarled, but he managed to stop himself the second before he did. "Who brought you here?" 

"I did." Out of nowhere, Caelum appeared. He stood between the two, a solemn look plastered on his face. Ryuuichi whipped his head to the deceased man and growled. "What?" Caelum sighed. 

"Before you say anything, yes. I did erased your existence from your previous world." He frowned. "However, your friend here, is different. You see, people from the other world shouldn't be able to see me under any circumstances. Him, on the other hand, did." Ryuuichi knew that there were people who can see things others usually can't, but he didn't knew the teen in front of him could.

"The first time I erased his memories, it didn't last for more than a month. When I went to erase again, he saw me." Caelum hand flailed weakly. "How should I know he would. And then, apparently, he doesn't belong in that world as well. His case is different than yours, but I don't know what caused it as well"

Ryuuichi just wanted to throw something at him at that very moment. "Then what makes you so sure that he belongs here?" When Caelum gave him a rather unimpressed look, he did threw the bandage that was on the table at him. The man wasn't unfazed by that as he merely tilted a little to the side and dodged it fully. 

"He can't see me right now, can he?" Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow at that and looked back at Amemori. (Alex, he's Alex, Ryuuichi wanted nothing but to forget it) Amemori smiled at him when he realized that Ryuuichi was looking at him. "Are you talking to the man who brought me here?"

He looked back at Caelum and gave him a 'What the actual hell' look. Caelum sighed again and suddenly, he became more, solid. Ryuuichi caught the flash of surprise and the very visible jolt from the other.

"Hello." He ignored how the man greeted Amemori back and asked again. "When?"

"The year after you were born in this world, during the end of winter. During the timeline you were here until we met, merely a few days has passed there. His memories were sealed until he bumped into you"

Ryuuichi stared at him for a period before groaning, burying his face in his hands, kept on groaning non-stop even when it got louder. "What is this piece of crap..." He grumbled. He bit the bottom of his lips and heaved a sigh. "... I broke my promise, didn't I?" 

Caelum took that as a signal to leave, giving the current Historian his own privacy. Even though they have the same soul, each of them have their own burden and heart. This is something Caelum knew, did and respect. Similar to how Ryuuichi did to him. 

Amemori blinked at the sudden question- no, statement. He paid no heed to the man who disappeared into thin air and nodded sadly. "Yeah.." Ryuuichi clenched at his bangs, hands shaking slightly. Amemori could clearly see it, but he said nothing about it. Instead, he waited for Ryuuichi's respond.

"I.." Ryuuichi met him in his eyes, dark blue orbs met flashing dark brown ones. "I won't apologize, if that is what you don't need. But, I want us to start over and leave the past behind, if you're willing. I don't expect you to comply, however. It's your right not to, anyway." 

Amemori was honestly taken aback. He, after all these years, knew that Ryuuichi is one that accepts something easily, letting go and overcoming something with little to no trouble, but then again, Ryuuichi is never one to do things the expected way. Never. When is he going to get used to that? And Amemori didn't know what to feel with how easily Ryuuichi wanted to let go of the past. (No, no. He could never let it go easily. Ryuuichi never let things go easily)

He let out a small chuckle. "Yes."

If anything, Ryuuichi's eyes looked brighter. The smile that appeared on his face looked so genuine, less tensed. "I'm Shiroki Ryuuichi." He held out his hands. Amemori took it and shook it firmly, like how he always does. "I'm Amemori Hibiki. Hibiki is fine."

Ryuuichi practically grinned. 

------------------------------------------------------

"Ryuu." Yuuichi called out from the other lane, waving to his brother as a gesture to come with the basket. He wasn't even looking at him as he stared at the price tag and the product, soap and shampoo, as though they were going to move on their own. Ryuuichi dazedly trotted over, out in space as he didn't even realize his brother put the opened shampoo under his nose.

He jolted back and blinked. Yuuichi raised an eyebrow at that, but didn't question it. "Is this fine?"

He eyed the bottle of shampoo for a moment before leaning in and smelt it. "Yeah, but what is it?" He leaned back, taking a look at the label. It smelt a bit strange, but acceptable, the mixture of the smell of grass when it rains and the smell of the sun. He didn't even know what the sun smells like. 

"Really?" He gave Yuuichi an unconvinced look, rather exasperated but unconvinced, while his brother merely shrugged. "It smells kind of nice and it's on offer, so why not?" He took the bottle and placed it in the basket, shifting his hand at the extra weight. 

"Anything else?" He asked. 

"Just let me grab the toothpaste and we're done." He nodded as Yuuichi walked to another lane, following closely behind. "Are you okay though?" 

"What?"

Yuuichi grabbed two box of toothpaste from one of the shelves, looking at who knows what before placing it in the basket and looked straight into Ryuuichi's eyes. Ryuuichi gave him a weary smile. "Yea-" He stopped short when Yuuichi gave him the look. "Okay, not really. I'm mentally exhausted, but I'll be fine."

Ever since he told Yuuichi most of the things, his brother had being able to pick up his underlying meaning between each word, the small, little lies he told, and whenever he hide things from him. Fortunately, he couldn't see through nor know whatever it was, or Ryuuichi might as well lock himself up in a room without window. Not really, but it really could be tiring (and scary) sometimes when someone knew every little thing you're thinking about. Even if it's Yuuichi. He likes his own privacy and space, thank you very much.

He let out an noise of annoyance when Yuuichi ruffled his hair in a hard manner. He tried to avoid the hands as Yuuichi let out a laugh. "Thank you," He stopped and looked at him in confusion. "For telling me" Yuuichi laughed again when he blushed slightly and shifted his eyes away. 

"Hey, stop-!" He groaned when his hair was practically a mess. He pouted at him as he pulled his hair tie down, combing his hair with his fingers. Yuuichi merely smiled and tugged Ryuuichi's other hand and pulled him to the cashier.

"Tell me all of it when you're ready, alright?" Ryuuichi blinked at that. A sense of warmth and peaceful feeling flooded him as he nodded. "I will"

-------------------------------------------------------

"Yuu. I'm going out for a jog. Might stay out late so don't wait for me, alright!" He kicked in his shoes slightly and took the keys, his phone and the zipped his jacket up when he heard Yuuichi's reply. He chuckled when he heard loud curses and things tumbling down, shaking his head and walked out.

He shuddered as he closed the door shut. It was definitely colder at night. He almost wanted to go back into his house, into the safe, warm atmosphere and perhaps help his brother with his room. (Yuuichi insisted that he would clean and rearrange his own room by himself when he offered a hand. Finding it quite amusing, he complied. Though, it probably wouldn't be a good idea since his brother was having hard time and his poor toes were suffering.)

He tug on the hoodie and tighten it, his breath creating small mist in the air. 'I wouldn't be surprise if it's below fifteen degrees now' He shrugged and ran out of the gate, jogging slowly.

He let his own feet take him anywhere, mind high in space. Although he felt a little lighter after the not-really-talk with his brother, he was still troubled. Amemori's appearance had brought back up all the memories of his past life. Everything just jumbled up in his head more than they could ever be to the point that he couldn't really concentrate on one thing without his mind drifting to the other side of the universe twice. 

Amemori is, was his childhood friend. They knew each other since they were practically born, with Alex younger than her by a few months. They went to the same kindergarten, the same primary school, the middle school and hell even high school. They literally never separated before. 

It made Ryuuichi wonder though, but then he remembered how they used to fill up each other's flaws, accepting one and another, helping each other to get through tough times. He was honestly a brother she never had, until now. (Yuuichi could never be replaced. Never) The promises they made were plenty, some both had forgotten and occasionally broken, some done and over with, and some, specifically one, last forever. It was a promise they made when they were still childish brats and was never forgotten at all, no matter how long it has passed. 

She would call it an oath, but Ryuuichi calls it a promise that never should be made. It had brought on pain and suffering in their past lives, and he was sure that it would bring more if it was kept on longer. Which was exactly why he had asked for Amemori to leave the past and move on.

(He was, and still is a bad friend. It never break him more to see Amemori's eyes, the so familiar gaze, filled with broken pieces of their past. It never hurt him more to see Amemori suffering because of his petty choice.)

But it still made him doubt everything and hate himself. 

He gritted his teeth and ran faster. Everything just seemed irritating and was bothering him to no end now as his thoughts drifted further. He wanted nothing more than to release the swirling emotions in him, wanted nothing but to let the raging flames in him burn hell fire on the outside. 

Oh how much he realized that he had never really freed himself from his past, never really overcome his demons.

(Slowly, but surely he did, not fully, but the fire is slowly burning, enkindling everything into ashes to be kept away for eternity.)

Ryuuichi didn't knew how long he had been running, but when he stopped, his muscles were screaming at him, sore. He was panting, lungs desperately trying to get more oxygen into his system. He felt a bit light headed, but that was all. He held onto his knees and took in deep breaths. The thin layer of sweat against his skin made him shiver a bit as the cold wind blew.

He pulled down his hoodie and head tilted up, relief as the now chilling atmosphere cooled his too warm skin down. He took a look around the neighborhood he had ran to, and froze. 

'Where.. Am I?'

He frowned. He seriously should have paid attention to where he was jogging to. He had never been to this part of Namimori, if he was still in Namimori, that is, and it was quite dark with the little amount of street lamps. He sighed and ruffled his hair, pushing his bangs back as he slowly walked around to see if there was any sign board or whatsoever hint of where he was. (He would have to resort to using the GPS on his phone to get back, it seems.)

He turned to a corner, and jolted back. He let out a yelp of surprise when a body (No, not corpse. Definitely not corpse given to how the said body groaned out loud) landed a few feet in front of him and stayed stationary at that weird pose on the floor. His hand instinctively reached back to his bo stick hidden in his back pocket when he noticed Hibari with his tonfa out in front of him.

"Holy-!" He stopped himself from fully screaming out loud and sighed in relief. 

"What are you doing here?" He grinned sheepishly as Hibari sauntered towards him, stepping onto the body. He sweated at that, pitying the body for a moment. "Well, was jogging and somehow..." He wanted to toe the body, to see if the person was really unconscious or just faking it. He really wanted to. But he didn't. (Something just screamed at him that it was inappropriate and it would probably give him a fright if the body suddenly jolt or something along the line.)

"You're lost aren't you?"

Hibari sounded rather blank. He wasn't amused, nor was he annoyed. He knew how much of a shut-in Ryuuichi could be, seeing that he had never really seen the teen outside before he met him for the first time. If he did, he probably would have attack him head-on in the streets, which he would definitely do. Though, not so much now ever since Ryuuichi got involved with the infant and his chaos. 

That, and he knew how much Ryuuichi knows and how much he doesn't know. (Honestly, Ryuuichi's brain is just filled with random craps and more often than not, facts and he knows not a single thing about certain things.)

Ryuuichi made a noise that sounded akin to a dying whale at the back of his throat. ".. Yes, somehow. I've never being to this part of Nami- Are we still even in Namimori?" He could see Hibari's head twitching a bit, as though it was about to tilt but stopped short. The prefect was wondering how long had the other have been running. Ryuuichi's house is practically on the other side of Namimori. (And Ryuuichi didn't even realized that?)

"We are." He walked out of the dark alleyway, made a small gesture to Ryuuichi to follow him. He led the way as Ryuuichi walked to his side, easily falling into his pace. (Ryuuichi was, is, a fast walker, very fast. Never mind that, his legs are quite long as well, even if he was shorter than Hibari by nine centimeter.)

"Then where are we- Whoah" Ryuuichi gaped at the sight of a sleek, black motorcycle that blends in well in the darkness from the lack of street lamps. (They really need to put up more of it here.) His jaw dropped further when Hibari casually walked towards it and grabbed the helmet. It was then he noticed that the prefect wasn't wearing his gakuran. Instead, Hibari was clad in a fitting, equally black jacket on his being. Jackets specifically for motorcycle, Ryuuichi mentally added. Not leather, however.

He knew that Hibari owns a motorcycle. How the hell a sixteen years old teenager own these kind of motorcycle was beyond him. He doesn't know much of vehicles or motorcycles in general and found that there wasn't much of a need to anyway, but he knew that that motorcycle cost more than he could ever imagine. Sure, Hibari's rich and he's practically a dictator of a kind, but Ryuuichi still found it unbelievable. 

A better question. Did Hibari even have a license?

"Are you in a hurry back home?" Hibari suddenly asked. Ryuuichi snapped his mouth shut and shook his head. "No..?" 

"Good." The prefect threw him the helmet, which he had fumbled a bit at the unexpected throw. Fortunately, he managed to catch it properly.

He blinked in confusion. "What?" 

Hibari let out a small sigh and walked over to him. The prefect took the helmet back and placed it on his head. He then moved to fasten it, leaning in closer for a better look. Ryuuichi stiffed for a moment when he felt his hands hovering under his chin. He wasn't touching him, though Ryuuichi could feel it. 

And he was dragged to the motorcycle. Before he could even protest or as the matter of fact, say anything, he was lifted and placed on the seat, Hibari himself climbing on effortlessly. 

"Umm, senpai..? What.. Where are we going?" 'Where are you going to take me?' He leaned away a little when Hibari gave him a smirk.

"Hold on tight if you don't want to fall and break your neck"

The motorcycle rumbled to life and took off. Ryuuichi really, really wanted to punch Hibari right there, right then.

-------------------------------------------------------

In contrary to what he had experienced, riding a motorcycle driven by Hibari was surprisingly pleasant. The rush of the wind against his face was very refreshing, despite the fact that it was cold. He liked it a lot. The ride, the cold, the speed Hibari was going, generally the trip itself. 

When he saw the glimpses of the sea, his eyes widen in surprise.

He let out a huff as he climbed down from the motorcycle. He reached under his chin to unfasten the helmet and managed after a few try. He immediately pulled it away, feeling stuffy with his head stuck in it. 

His eyes drifted across beach, silent and serene with only the sound of waves crashing. "Why are we here?" He asked as he gave the helmet back to Hibari.

"No particular reason" The nonchalant reply made him raise an eyebrow. "You like the beach?" 

"No" He did a double take there. Hibari didn't like the beach, Ryuuichi himself didn't particularly like it as well, so why did Hibari even took them here? "Just wait."

Hibari sat a few feet down on the sand. Ryuuichi didn't understood that at all, but he too, sat down on the sand, arms wrapping around his knees. They sat in silence, both entertained by their own thoughts. Ryuuichi watched the waves creating a calming rhythm. 

"You know..." He slowly said, words weight heavily on his tongue as he contemplate on whether he should say it. ".. My childhood friend appeared." A numbing sensation hit him. He continued when he got nothing in reply. "He.. He's from my past life. Weird how he is here. Caelum said something about his soul doesn't belong there or something. 

"On logical thinking, I should be happy, no? But I.. I can't. I don't know why, but I don't feel happy at all.." Not knowing how to continue from there, he switched. "We made a promise long time ago. To never leave each other alone. I broke it" He let out a shaky chuckle, brushing his bangs back. 

"Sounded stupid, I know. It was a stupid promise we made when we were kids. It tied us down.. It shouldn't have, but it did. It.." His voice faltered out, no longer knowing what to said. His own emotions were overwhelming him, drowning him once again. Damn, did he wanted to shatter something.

(He wasn't crying. He really wasn't. He didn't want to cry.)

Hibari stayed silent as he gathered his own bearings, composing himself once more. "Sorry about that-" His eyes widen when he felt a warm hand on his head, jolting a little. He didn't even notice Hibari shifting closer to the point that their shoulders were merely inches away and he could feel heat radiating from the other.

'It's okay. No matter what, it's okay. I'll listen, and I'll stay'

Hibari didn't say it aloud, but he knew Ryuuichi heard it. He wasn't a great talker, he never was. All his thoughts, all his words are in his head, never spoken but seen through action. (Ryuuichi was similar, yet nothing would be shown through action. It was a great way to hide things, yet a self-destructive and self-torturing method as everything would be bottled up and kept down under the water.)

However, there would be times when he struggled on what to feel, and this was one of those time. A part of him wanted to rage and rage on the so called childhood friend whilst the other wanted to hold Ryuuichi tightly. But he couldn't. Not when Ryuuichi was uncomfortable. (Ryuuichi would sometimes flinch from physical touch, a sign that Ryuuichi doesn't, wouldn't open up his deepest, most vulnerable self) He wondered what made him this closed up, wondered what made him lock himself down in chains after chains, hiding his own heart from himself. 

He wanted to break him free.

He strwkooked his head gently. Ryuuichi didn't did anything as he simply sat there, enjoying the warmth. A small smile appeared on his lips as his heart calmed down, feelings settled. "Thank you." 'For listening.'

Hibari made no other acknowledgment to that other than the miniscule tap of his finger. The smile on Ryuuichi's face stretched.

A gasp was heard. "There's full moon today? Wait- it was cloudy just now, how the hell.."

-------------------------------------------------------

The soft, distant rumble of a vehicle broke Yuuichi's concentration. His hands stopped short on the keyboard he had being typing away to a friend of his as he turned to the window of his room, listening intently. It was already late, really late, and there shouldn't be anyone out. What intrigued him more was that no one in the neighborhood actually own a vehicle with a rumble like that. The noisiest would be the old man a few houses down the street. His motorcycle chatters really loudly. Yuuichi wouldn't be surprise if it breaks down one day into pieces.

He frowned. The rumbling stopped in front of his house, he was sure of it. The light was a huge giveaway. He stood up from the chair and peeked through the window, only to be surprised when he saw Hibari Kyouya and his brother.

Ryuuichi struggled to get down, legs numb. He stumbled a bit but managed somehow. He hurriedly tried to pull the helmet off to find that it was stuck. He muttered curses under his breath as he tried again. Damn helmet and it's timing. A pair of hands helped him, tilting his head back as it worked on the fastener. Ryuuichi stiffen a bit at that. 'What in the world is with this cliche scenario?'

It took a few moment before the helmet was finally off his head. Ryuuichi rolled his shoulder at the sudden lack of weight. "Um, thank you for taking me home." He had tried to make Hibari stop him near the school since the prefect's house was the opposite direction of his. However, Hibari was really stubborn. He had literally ignored the request and continued. (Though he did threaten to bite Ryuuichi if he kept on stabbing him on the stomach)

Hibari grunted lightly, ruffling his hair, messing it up further. Ryuuichi, for once, didn't push his hands away other than giving him a deadpan look. He merely ruffled harder in return. 

"Hey!" Ryuuichi finally leaned away, pouting. The prefect gave him an amused smirk. "You should tell him." 

Ryuuichi nodded. He would. It was a given, since he had already planned to tell his brother. "I will. You should head back soon. It's really late." 

"Ah. Good night." He greeted back, but when he saw the glint in the prefect's eyes and the sudden realization that there was light behind him, he turned around just as Hibari drove away. There stood Yuuichi with his arms crossed over his chest, giving him a raised eyebrow and a rather accusing look.

He groaned and pushed him in, closing the door behind him after that. 

"You said that you were going out for a jog and you went on a date with Hibari?" He suppressed the urge to blush and groaned again. "No! It's just that I got lost somehow and he took me back home!" Yuuichi didn't believe that, he knew it. The look from his brother had said it all, and nothing could convince him.

Deciding to take the pause from his brother a chance, he changed the subject entirely. "Yuu, can I talk to you for a moment?"

Yuuichi's facial expression changed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= I hadn't meant for this chapter to hit 4K words, but it did. 

Ehh, yes, Amemori is Ryuuichi's childhood friend in their past life. I originally had it planned that they aren't, but it just doesn't fit right.

If this isn't obvious, then I've no idea what is. Ryuuichi didn't like anyone ruffling his hair other than himself. Or rather, he didn't like anyone to touch his head at all, actually. A complex he has since people more often than not managed to pull a strain or two of his hair out from the tie and he had to tie it again or it would be annoying. 

Fun Fact= Ryuuichi is very peculiar about his own space and privacy. Unless he's willing, even Yuuichi could never know what is in his mind in full detail. But he mellowed out. Honestly, if you have an adorable brother or really really good friend, why wouldn't you say anything? (A bit confusing?)

The age limit for someone to get driving license for motorcycle is at least 16 for those smaller (50 to 400cc, according to one website), normal one. For heavy duty or those with larger type one, it's at least 18 and above. Hibari's motorcycle is the heavy one. Thoughhhh, I was confused. There's this page that said 17 and 10 months old. I'm not sure which one sooo.

Fun Fact= Ryuuichi had once almost fell off a motorcycle in his past life. Almost.

Fun Fact= As soon as Hibari took off, Ryuuichi immediately wrapped his arms around Hibari's torso. Like, he was in shock and slightly traumatized by the thought of falling off and getting a concussion. He didn't even realize that he did that ya know. Well, logically if it's a motorcycle driven by Hibari, he really should hold onto the prefect and not the bar at the edge of the seat...? 

Hmmm... I think Tsuna and Reborn will appear in the next chapter. No promise though.

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc. etc. mistakes]