Lingering Memory

Second Life

"I'll never leave you alone, I promise!"

A small sigh left Yuuichi's lips as he stepped into his brother's room. He moved around the scattering books that Ryuuichi was rearranging on the shelves the previous night and sat on his bed. "Ryuu, wake up" He patted his brother's cheeks. Ryuuichi's eyebrows tugged into a frown as he patted again. Ryuuichi released a groan and shifted away from the rather cold hands, pulling his duvet up to cover his face and buried himself further into the bed.

Yuuichi raised an eyebrow. His brother usually doesn't act like this, especially during school period. Either Ryuuichi stayed up late or he couldn't sleep, but that was like a ten percent thing. He had seen too many times when his brother woke up a little later than usual, by jumping out of bed in split second and into the toilet in another. "Ryuu, if you don't wake up soon, we'll be late." Another louder groan was heard as he waited for a minute before Ryuuichi promptly threw the duvet off his face and sat up. His raised eyebrow arched higher when his brother rubbed the bridge of his nose with an annoyed sigh.

"Bad dreams?" 

Ryuuichi shook his head. "No. Rather," He covered his mouth as he yawned. "A memory."

--------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi yawned into his scarf for the nth time. He blinked away the tears and rubbed his eyes as he walked along side with Yuuichi. He was feeling strangely tired and stiff ever since he woke up. He wondered if it was how he slept the previous night or that it was because he was being hypersensitive since he had being frequently summoning his flames out to show Yuuichi. Something told him that that wasn't the case, though. He shifted his back pack before stuffing his hands into his coat's pocket. He looked up at the gloomy sky.

'It's getting colder and colder, don't you think?" He breathed out, a small mist formed. His brother nodded. "Yeah. They say it would be a White Christmas this year." Ryuuichi grunted, shrugging at that. "They said that almost every year, but it only came true less than five times" 

"Though, it would be great if it does snow on Christmas this year." He agreed since he himself wanted it to snow on Christmas after all these time. He felt that it would be very satisfying. 

Yuuichi turned to him, lips tugged down. "Are you really going to quit Archery and Chess?" He wasn't really happy with that. He knew that Ryuuichi enjoys the activities and practices despite not going frequently so when he told him of his plan, Yuuichi wasn't amused. He tried to persuade his brother to enjoy it until they graduate from Middle School, but Ryuuichi merely smiled and said he wanted more time to spend with him.

(He didn't need Ryuuichi to verbally tell him that he quit because of the mafia business. He didn't, but he wished that he would get a concrite confirmation.)

Ryuuichi smiled wryly and took out a hand from his pocket and grabbed Yuuichi's, interlacing their fingers together. He rubbed the back of his palm with his thumb, a weak attempt to warm Yuuichi's hand up. "We already went through that, brother dearest. I quit partly because of the mafia, not for their sake though, but I really wanted more times in hand. That, and I couldn't stand the guilt in me for skipping club activities even though the teachers and other members didn't mind."

Ever since he revealed the truth a month ago, he had being more open to everyone. The others, on the other hand, invited (read, dragged) him out more often than usual either to hang out or train or any other shenanigans Reborn had planned. He would, too, pull Yuuichi along with him whenever his brother is free. There were a few time he had to decline because of club activities, which annoyed since he missed out the hilarious things that happened.

He laughed when Yuuichi gave him a stink eye. "Did you just read my mind?" "No, no. You're just too obvious" He swung their hands lightly along with their steps. 

"Then you owe me a crepe" He laughed again.

"Sure~"

--------------------------------------------------------

"Class, quiet down now" Everyone hastily went back to their seats, as their homeroom teacher came in, immediately silenced themselves. Ryuuichi, who had turned around to chat with his brother, looked back to the front. He tilted his head slightly when he noticed that the teacher had something to announce. Wondering what it was he propped up his head on his hands, elbow supported by the table and listened.

"Eh, because of a few problems, a student from class 2-B will be transferred into our class. Please come in" His eyes narrowed when a teen with dark blue hair and eyes walked in as the teacher wrote his name. 

"I'm Amemori Hibiki." Those dark blue orbs shifted and met him in the eyes. He tensed up visibly at that, fingers twitching as he scowled. He immediately broke the eye contact and looked out of the window. His hand covered his mouth as he tried to block out the stare. There was something about that teen that made him uncomfortable and he had no idea what it was. He forced himself to relax and brought his own mind else where as Amemori passed by him to the back of the class, seating at one of the empty seats.

Once he heard the chair dragging against the floor, he turned back to the teacher, pulling out the needed stuffs. During the whole lesson, he could still feel the stare on him. He twitched quite a lot in his seat, to the point that Yuuichi noticed and pulled his hair. 

He tugged his hair away from his brother's grasp as he turned to look at his brother, away from stare. "What?" He whispered, noticing Yuuichi's frown. "Are you alright? You seemed restless." He nodded, sighing inaudibly. "Yeah"

"Shiroki-kun. Question 59." "Geh-" 

He turned back around to the teacher as Yuuichi stood up. He rubbed the back of his neck. 'I should run to the reception room during lunch later...' He for some unknown reason, didn't want to be confronted by the teen.

--------------------------------------------------------

Immediately after the bell rang, Ryuuichi kept all his stuff in a hurried pace, took his bento from Yuuichi while apologizing for not eating lunch with him and practically speed-walked out of the classroom. He automatically headed to the reception room, passing by a few other Discipline Committee member. They ignored him even when his intention was clear, knowing he was one of the people Hibari could stand. 

He turned a corner and slid the door open, closing it after he went in. He breathed out, and walked to the couch, plopping down with a tired huff. Hibari, who was doing paper works, raised an eyebrow at that.

He watched the teen placing his bento on the coffee table and looking absolutely unsettled. He was curious, wondering who managed to make Ryuuichi uncomfortable to that point. Whoever it was, they must be something because Hibari knew that not much people could shake him out of his composure, he himself being one of those people. 

"Sorry. Let me stay here until the bell rings" He hummed, but did not return his attention to the paper works. Instead, he continued to observe, eyes never leaving Ryuuichi.

Ryuuichi knew that Hibari was staring at him, but somehow, he didn't mind. Hibari's stare didn't bothered him like how Amemori's did. Perhaps it was because it was Hibari, not some guy he didn't even talked to before other than the one time-

He frowned. He just remembered that he met him before. More specifically, bumped into him. That incident had actually slipped out of his mind during the whole mayhem he went through. He had forgotten about it, and he should have fully forgotten about it. Instead, it suddenly hit him out of nowhere. It doesn't make any sense at all. Why would he remember an incident that involved a stranger? He bit the inside of his cheeks out of habit. 

"What is it?" He jolted at the sudden question that sounded so close to him. He turned to Hibari who was suddenly beside him and sweated. 'When did he moved?' He inched away when he found the prefect a bit too close. "Nothing much..?"

He gave him an exasperated look when Hibari didn't believe that. "It doesn't look like 'nothing' to me." The prefect reached over and took the bento. He opened it up and ate a sweet egg roll. "Ah!" Ryuuichi pouted. He tried to take it back but Hibari held it out of his reach. 

He accidentally slipped when he tried to grab it by climbing over Hibari and landed on the prefect's lap. He twisted around so that he was facing Hibari and reached for it again. "Hibari! St-" A sweet egg roll was plopped into his mouth. He blinked in surprise and halted. 

Hibari was smirking as he chewed on another sweet egg roll. Ryuuichi rolled his eyes and gave up. He leaned backwards and lied down, practically sprawling on Hibari's lap. If he was still the old him, he would have leaped off in matters of seconds but he got used to these kind of situation that he didn't care anymore. 

He slowly chewed as his mind drifted elsewhere. All the tension in him somehow had disappeared as though it was never there in the first place, his nerves calmed down during the scuffle he had with Hibari. He absentmindedly wondered how did the prefect did it, staring at his face as he ate. (He should be annoyed that Hibari was eating his bento but he couldn't find the urge to.)

His eyelids slowly got heavier and heavier and he eventually fell asleep. Hibari glanced at him. It was ironic, the turn of events, that is. He had never expect him to fall asleep just like that, not to mention that Ryuuichi had never slept in school, even with the others. 

Hibird flew in from the small gap of the slightly open window. The prefect gave the yellow bird a look as it flew towards him, landing on Ryuuichi's chest. The teen didn't even stir as the Hibird chirped a little. Hibari shifted slightly and positioned him more comfortably, his head on his lap. Ryuuichi merely made a small voice of annoyance but didn't wake up, turning to face Hibari's abdomen. 

Hibari raised an eyebrow at that. He shook his head and returned to the food. He would have to wake him up before the bell ring.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi was pouting while he rubbed his forehead. He bit into the melon bread and huffed. He, by some weird miracle, managed to fall asleep on Hibari's lap without being killed. When the bell rang, Hibari tried to wake him up to no avail, so the prefect resorted to flicking him on his forehead, hard. It was painful, enough said. He was sure that the sore spot was red. (He had woke up to looking straight into Hibari's stomach, much to his amusement)  

He sighed and walked back to his class, finished the bread along the way, his bento in another hand. Aside from the forehead flicking and eating his bento, he was grateful of the prefect for letting him stay in the reception room. Hell even use his lap as a pillow or some sort. He had thought that he would be pushed down onto the floor. Fortunately and luckily, that did not happen. 

He rolled his shoulders, listening to the satisfying cracks and stared at the wall, hand stretch out to throw the plastic into the dustbin. And then his eyes widen. 'Oh god. Hibari's really really handsome.' He covered his face, feeling his face heating up. (His ears were red as well) He knew that Hibari's handsome and rather cute, but he just realized that. It hit him harder than he had thought. 

He shakily released the plastic and let it drop down into the dustbin. He breathed out and calmed himself, silently cursing his brother for he had said before. He took a few more deep breath before continuing his track, trying to think of other things other than Hibari. 

He clicked his tongue at a few failed attempts. He ruffled his hair in a hasty manner. "Ahh, damn..."

--------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi dodged the ball, jumping to the side as he laughed. He caught one of the balls that was heading his way and threw it across the gymnasium, hitting one of his classmates. He then retreated back, letting his teammates take the lead to catch his breath. He panted as he chuckled at the sight of Gokudera dodging one of the balls from Yamamoto. Somehow, Ryuuichi, Enma and Gokudera ended up in a group while his brother, Yamamoto and Tsuna in the other for dodge ball. In the midst of the game, everyone on his team made a goal to not get hit by the balls Yamamoto threw. Logically, even if they didn't made that, they would need to dodge it anyway. 

Unless they wanted to get concussion, that is.

He patted Enma on the shoulder when the red head got hit by the ball at the same time with Tsuna. He went back into the game, yelling cheers and yelps when the ball heading towards him missed by a few inches. 

Out of the sudden, he froze. A shudder ran down his spine as he turned around, scanning the whole gymnasium. Everyone was focused on the game and none of them noticed anything. He warily looked again, searching for something, but there was none. A frown formed on his face. He was sure that there was something amiss. He knew, but he had no idea what it was. It just doesn't sit right for him.

'Perhaps I should ask Reborn later. He probably would notice something'

"Ryuuichi!" His train of thought was broken when he heard his brother's voice and turned to him. His eyes widen when he saw a ball heading towards him at a rather fast speed. He cursed under his breath for not paying attention, knowing he wouldn't be able dodge that. His arms raised up in attempt to block the ball from colliding with his head.

Only, there was no impact. He slowly lowered his arms. He was taken aback when Amemori stood in front of him, blocking the ball from him. The rest ran towards them, asking whether they were alright. "Oi, Ryuu. You okay?" He nodded stiffly as the other faced him. "Umm.. Thank you-" His eyes narrowed and snatched Amemori's hands.

"You're bleeding." He stubbornly held on when he felt his hands slipping away from his grasp. "It's okay-" "No it's not." He shot back and raised his hands to garner the teacher's attention. "Sensei! He's hurt! I'm taking him to the infirmary!" 

Without waiting for a reply, he tugged the teen along with him. 

As he headed to the infirmary, he wondered what he was doing. He had just literally went his merry way and dragged the very person that gave him creeps since morning without giving a second thought. Granted, the other had literally just saved him. It was practically his responsible. But still, the fact that he would do such a thing in a harsher manner was simply just, weird. That, and the chills he had from Amemori didn't fully disappear, but it lessen a lot.

It didn't help when he felt that the grasp on his hands familiar.

'What the hell...'

He screamed in his mind, telling his brain to just shut up as they reached their destination. He opened the door, pulled Amemori in and closed it. 

He groaned when he noticed Shamal wasn't around, probably flirting with some random girl or hunting for one. Actually, that sounded wrong but whatever, he didn't care anymore at the moment. A loud sigh ripped out of his mouth as he gestured Amemori to sit after he washed his hands, making a beeline to the shelves and pulled out the first aid box.

He dragged the office chair towards the bed the other had sat on and took out the antiseptic, cotton and pincer. As he soaked the cotton, he could feel Amemori's eyes on him. He tried to ignore it but it was just intense. Too intense. Once done, he held one of the injured hands and dabbed it with cotton, disinfecting it. (He was briefly glad that Sakura had drilled first aids into his and his brother's head when they were younger, or he would be fumbling with things now)

"How the hell did you managed to cut yourself with a ball?" He grumbled. He didn't meant to sound harsh, but it just slipped out of his lips. It made him wondered how was he able to be himself with a stranger that he had only met once. Normally, he would be more polite towards someone he doesn't know well, only spoke when needed. But with this person, he somehow couldn't do it. He felt as though it was weird and awkward. (However, it intrigued him. The ball was thrown by Yamamoto given that the speed was horrifying, and Amemori managed to stop it with his bare hands. Either this dude is suicidal or strong. Or plain stupid)

Then it dawned him. He was literally alone in a room with Amemori. His alarms went blaring in him, urging him to back away from the teen but he stubbornly stayed. He had to finish this. Even though he was getting more uncomfortable, he continued with his pace, wrapping the hand after he placed the pincer and bloodied cotton down. 

A rather throaty chuckle made him twitch. He slowly peered up through his bangs to look at the amused teen before he turned his attention back to the hand, moving on to the other.

"You're still as usual, huh" He scowled and fully looked up, not even hiding the fact that he was uncomfortable. "What are you talking-" His words faltered at the very familiar name that slipped out. His eyes widen as his hand slacken, the pincer dropped onto the ground, clattering.

Amemori's eyes were soft and gentle, gazing at him with fond expression and familiarity that he couldn't put a finger on it, a small smile on his face. Ryuuichi paled and slowly backed away, releasing the hands.

"You.. Who are you?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= The first chapter of Trapped Arc!! And it ends with a cliffhanger! Sorry!

This chapter barely hit 3K words =w=ll. And it's a bit short, yes. *sigh* Oh well. 

This is actually rewritten. The first one I wrote was confusing as hell and too weird so I rewrite it again. 

I don't remember if I've mentioned about this before or not, but people other than the twins' friends calls them by their surname. Ryuuichi as Shiro while Yuuichi as Shiroki. One classmate of theirs set this during their first year because it confused her, so it kind of stuck. (During primary, they had quite a lot of fun when their teachers kept confused who was who and, it just amused them a lot)

The guys were playing dodgeball and the girls were playing net ball, if its confusing.

Ehhh, About Amemori Hibiki, he's like, short hair, a bit unruly and pointy but not like Tsuna. Yeah. Albeit Fluffy. Lol no.

Well, some of you probably realize who Amemori is to Ryuuichi since this is so cliche and all, congrats! *gives virtual cookie*

Amemori appeared once in the Inheritance Succession Arc, as you all know, and some of you really awaits for his appearance apparently. Welp, here he is.

Fun Fact= The original idea for this chapter was that all of them are third years, Hibari, Kusakabe and Ryohei graduated, the twins, Tsuna and the others, and the girls in the same class, Amemori as well. Enma and his guardians went back to Shimon Middle, Mukuro and his group in one of the high school in Kokuyo but still stays at Kokuyo Land. It was just a whirlpool of confusion so I changed it. 

Fun Fact= Since the canon plot ended around the end of Autumn, October, probably, if I remembered correctly, so this arc started off in December. It hadn't snow, obviously, and winter break haven't begin. Will do in another few more chapters, probably. Anyone wants a White Christmas for this?

Fun Fact= Yuuichi said that Ryuuichi owned him crepes, but the insane part of me wanted to make it Ice cream instead. Guess who won?

Question. Can someone really get cut by a ball? I don't know. I know I could potentially get concussion. Not because of the ball hitting my head. But me headbutting someone. Happened a few months ago, and damn was it painful. 

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc. etc. mistakes]