Tree

Second Life

"M-Mother? F-Father..?" Ryuuichi stumbled slightly as he subconsciously took a step back. The said couple, hearing his disbelief voice, finally noticed him in the midst of chaos and their eyes widen as well.

"Ryuu.. Ichi?" Somehow, the everyone had silent themselves at that, watching the three of them with curious eyes. Dino face palmed, sighing. So much for trying not to let them meet. Ryuuichi gaped like a fish as he tried to talk. He could grasp what had just happened and he was literally rendered speechless. Like, that was the last thing he had expected. Heck, it had never even crossed his mind.

Upon the nth try of trying to speak, he gave up, clammed his lips tightly and ruffled his hair in frustration, another hand on his waist. He sighed and turned to the injured Timoteo, a frown on his face. "Sorry, but is there any room that I could use for a moment?" His voice came out hard and oddly stiff. Tsuna and the others had never heard of it before. In their slight fascination, angers towards the teen dispersed as thought it weren't even there. Acceptance, came. (There was no way Ryuuichi would do something without a reason. They knew very well that everything he does, holds a reason, both big and small. Somehow, it surprised them on how easily they were to accept whatever he does. It scared them a little too)

"There is. You can choose any room you like" Ryuuichi nodded curtly, bowing lightly before turning back to his parents. He walked forward, gesturing his parents to follow. He eyes Dino as he passed the man. "You come along as well" Dino shuddered lightly at he tone but followed obediently, walking beside the couple, who was still in shock. He had somehow knew this day would come, but he honestly never expected that it would come so early. 

Perhaps the older Ryuuichi who had came to the past for the first time had made a point. He could never hide things from Ryuuichi. He sighed again.

Ryuuichi had brought them to the furthest room from the ballroom where the ceremony was held. He opened the door and ushered them in silently. He closed the door lightly, and moved to seat on the opposite sofa from where they sat. The silence between all of them since they got out from the ballroom was still there. One could as though hear a needle drop in a distance. 

The youngest of them had his arms crossed and legs crossed, as he tried to think how he should begin. He opened his mouth once before closing them, biting down his inner cheeks. "... Are... Are you guys in mafia...?" He finally broke the silence. Sakura and Kei exchanged looks and turned away slightly. 

"... Yes.."

"... Is that why you guys were never really home that much..?" They slowly nodded. Ryuuichi gnawed his inner cheeks again. He stay quiet before a moment, before addressing to Dino. "And you knew it all along?" The blonde reluctantly nodded. Ryuuichi held his breath and released it audibly, making the three others flinch.

"Before I ask anymore things, could you explain, Mother, Father?" Sakura and Kei finally glanced at Ryuuichi, who weren't looking at them, surprised as his soft, resigned voice. They had half expected him to get angry at them. Kei grabbed Sakura's hand and held it tightly.

"I.. We, your mother and I, were freelance assassins before having both you and Yuuichi" He slowly started, absentmindedly rubbing the back of her hand. "We have been working for Cavallone for years, and still is. After we were sure you and your brother could take care of yourselves, we went back to the front line again."

"Which was when Yuuichi and I were 9" Kei smiled fondly, remembering the times when his sons were still children and nodded. "You two are quite matured and independent for kids. Even though it was hard for us at first, but we knew you two could do it." 

Sakura then spoke. "During that period, we had worked for Cavallone in the background by giving information and hacking. We could be considered as be on pay leave" She worriedly looked at her son, trying to see any emotions under the poker face he has. "Ryuu-kun.. Are you in mafia..?" Both she and Kei had somehow dreaded to hear their son's answer. The last thing they want was to have their beloved Ryuuichi, and possibly Yuuichi, in this tainted world of their's.

Unfortunately, Ryuuichi nodded. "Why... Why hadn't you tell Yuuichi and I?" His voice were still soft, it held no usual warm. Instead, it had trembled lightly in uncertainty. 

"... We didn't want to taint you both" But it seems like their effort had not paid off. It was a regret of their's, to taint their sons in this bloody world. To taint the innocent they both have. It wasn't like they hadn't thought of it before. They knew that there would be a day where their sons would know about the truth. They knew, but they didn't wanted that to happen. Yet, they couldn't leave the world of darkness named as Mafia that easily. Not when they used to be assassins who had quite an amount of rivals who wanted to kill them. 

Their hands, bloodied for years of taking lives, dark for hurting people. Their soul, tainted with sins no one or thing could purify it, nor could they ever finish repenting it. Memories of those they killed still haunts them, making them afraid of even touching their sons at time. It hurt. It hurt so much it suffocated them.

"If-" Ryuuichi took a shaky breathe. "If you didn't tell us was to protect us from this dirty world, then you're underestimating us."

"T-that's not it!" Kei hurriedly said. He took a gulp upon meeting Ryuuichi's dark brown eyes. "We just.. Don't want to taint you two.." Ryuuichi looked as though he was hurt.

"Too late" Their heart sped up at that. "I've long been tainted." Ryuuichi glanced down at his hands after he uncoiled his arms. They were limp on his lap, and he clenched them. He closed his eyes slightly clenching them. "I've been tainted since I was 10" Not just their eyes widened, but even Dino's as well. According to his memories, the first time Ryuuichi killed should be during the time he helped Hibari in the future, not when he was still a child.

"What?" The youngest breathed in again. "I.. have kind of suppressed this memories and just remembered them recently, so I couldn't exactly remember.. But I've killed someone when I was 10....." They looked horrified, but there was slowly acceptance growing as he continued. "This, guy, tried to assault Yuuichi who was asleep on the park bench once we were outside playing. I had left for a moment to refill our water and when I returned.... He was looming over Yuuichi."

"I.. I guess I've kind of snapped and went to hit him. He was stronger, of course, and he had a knife. I don't know how, but I managed to grab his knife and... Stabbed him..." His voice slowly turned into whispers, his hands trembled. He clenched his eyes closed at the memories. He honestly didn't know how he managed to forgotten about it, but when he did, he was petrified and he finally started to see blood on his hands. He had never really saw visions like that when he had killed in the future, but they somehow appeared after remembering. However, he had come to accept it. But there was still time he would see it.

It was really fortunate that Yuuichi didn't even woke up at that time.

His eyes snapped open when he felt two pairs of arm coiling around his frames, embracing him tightly. "Ryuu, you don't have to suffer like that..." Suffering? He wasn't suffering. No. Even when it still haunts him, he wasn't even in anguish for his killing, not a slightest bit. In fact, he felt relief. That he managed to stop that guy from getting Yuuichi. That he had saved his brother. He was glad.

(Later, he would paled a little at himself for that. Was he getting more sadistic?)

But, it felt nice in his parents' arms. He smiled softly, wrapping his arms around them just as tight. He said nothing, and only nodded. For what seems like hours, they finally let go of him, and sat besides him. He then noticed Dino, who looked awkward and out of place.

"Come to think of it. Why Cavallone?"

Dino blinked, smiling sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Umm..." "Boss here, is a distant relative of ours." Ryuuichi snapped his head to Kei so fast that they thought his head might just twisted off like that. "What?"

"He's your distant cousin" He looked back to the blonde in both awe and disbelief. That, made sense. Not.

"Ryuu-kun.. Is Yuu-kun..?" His eyes soften at Sakura, and shook his head. "Nope. He had absolutely no idea... Though when are you going to tell him..? Or if I hadn't found out about this, when are you going to tell both of us?"

She sighed. "Kei and I were going to wait until both of you are at least 18 years old.. But it seems like that wouldn't happen. Come to think of it, how did you get into Mafia? Let alone know it" If she was anyone, Ryuuichi would have roll his eyes at her. He was already 14, mentally 30. How wouldn't he knew about the Mafia? Ryuuichi smiled lightly.

"I found it myself, and got into it myself. The full story, I'm sorry but I can't say it yet...."

Sakura and Kei returned a small smile of their own. However, they were still shaken. Ryuuichi could clearly see that. "We'll wait"

-------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi sighed, flopping down onto the sofa tiredly. He loosen his tie and huffed. He never really liked having a tie on. Probably because the way he tied it made it a little too constricting. He shook his head, looking towards the door he had just locked. He had left his parents and went to another random room for their own thoughts, seeing that not just them, but he himself, needed space to both swallow and digest what they had just went through.

That was when one Sawada Iemitsu came in.

Honestly, he had changed his thoughts about Sawada Iemitsu. The man, at first, he had thought was an idiotic man who leaves his beloved wife, Nana and his precious tuna-fish, Tsuna for the sake of his work. He had thought that the man had married to his work, rather than his wife and ended up not going back to Namimori to visit his family for years, causing Tsuna to not have a father figure.

But then, during the fight with Varia, he noticed, and finally remembered, that Iemitsu had tentatively watched his son and his son's guardians' training, aided them even, thought in his own way that no one realized. He had a brief meeting with the man once but he had not talked to him. He and the man had looked into each others' eyes for a moment, and he realized that the man had many reasons and secrets.

And after what he had gone through just a moment ago, he finally understood fully, and changed his thoughts on Iemitsu completely.

Sawada Iemitsu, a man whose hands are tainted, wished, hoped for his wife and son to live a civilian life, even if it meant to cut off any communication for years. He had thought a lot for them. He knew, if the mafiaso were to know his family's whereabout, they would be in danger. The phone, on the other hand, might be tapped as well. He had calculated, planned and was very careful about their safety. He, for their sake, had endured the pain of yearn for family warmth for years and probably years to come, if Nana hadn't found out the truth. Ryuuichi realized all that during the brief moment of lock gaze, knew that the man was in pain for dragging his precious son into the dark world they called mafia, even if it wasn't exactly his fault.

He, who he himself kept a whole lot of secrets and some burden for the sake of his family, understood that. He, who just realized the same pain his parents went through the same pain Iemitsu had endured, accepted that. However, Sawada Iemitsu is also a foolish man. A foolish, yet attentive, loving man.

"Sawada-san" He greeted with a curt nod as he stood, unwavering as he met the man's eyes.

Iemitsu was slightly taken aback by how the teen, who supposedly should be the same age as his son, looked so, so, matured, like he was an adult rather than a hormonal, emo teenager. Everything about Ryuuichi screamed mystery. But there was one thing he could see and understand in those pair of dark brown eyes. The pain for keeping a secret from their love ones. He still remembered the time they had met. It was by chance that he managed to stumble upon him, and during that moment, Ryuuichi's eyes held surprised realiztion, rather than the current, soft yet strong gaze.

"Yo! You're Sakura and Kei's eldest son, aren't you?" He had met with the said husband and wife before, when Nono had met up with the Nono and Decimo of Cavallone. They were kind and welcoming. Whenever they're on a break from the countless meetings they had, he would exchange stories of their children. During their fair share of exchanges, he could see what he was lacking of as a parent. This couple would occasionally take a month leave after about three to four months for their children, something that he had never done before. According to them, on the other hand, was that they lacked of his strong will to leave their children for at least half a year despite knowing that they are capable of taking care of themselves, which resulted a few rival assassins knew about their children's location. They were fortunate enough to catch those assassins before they could touch their sons.

He, Shiroki Kei and Shiroki Sakura, they all were tainted and held the same wishes for their love ones' safety. What they hadn't expect, however, was that Ryuuichi was the same as them. (He should have recognized the teen when he met him during the Varia's commotion. He should have, so that he could tell them. But then again, it wasn't exactly his business nor his place to do anything)

Ryuuichi gave him another nod and a small smile. "Yes, I am. Shiroki Ryuuichi. Nice to meet you" The elder nodded back, waving him to seat back onto the sofa he had rose from. Quite polite. He himself then took a seat across the teen, leaning back.

"So, how did your parents took all that?" He knew that Ryuuichi had a talk with his parents a moment ago, after they had a sudden unexpected reunion after Shimon waltzed in, took the blood, 'Sin', and then merrily waltzed out again. He raised an eyebrow when the teen sighed with concern tinted heavily in his tone.

"Not bad, I guess..?" Ryuuichi looked away slightly, suddenly finding the ground so much more interesting while frowning. His parents. His thoughts were all filled with his parents and Yuuichi. He absolutely didn't expect his parents to be assassins working with Cavallone. He definitely didn't expect it when they told him that he and Dino are distant cousins. (Nope. He still couldn't swallow both of that) When he had told his parents about his position as the Historian, and the very fact that he had tainted his hands- which was history in a sense- and all the other facts, he knew that they were in greater shock. Everything had somehow made sense, how his parents were always oversea and how minimal amount of mail he and Yuuichi had gotten from them. But nonetheless, he was very grateful for them to come home for him and Yuuichi as frequently as they could.

"What about you? I can see that you're sporting quite a headache there" He blinked, looking back at the man who was sporting a serious face.

".. Not quite, but getting there" Iemitsu somehow accepted his answer as silence fell. It wasn't exactly awkward, but he couldn't say that it was comfortable either. He knew that the teen felt the same. "How.. How is Tsuna?"

"He's alright" He felt relief, but it was short-lived. "But not at the moment. He, after all, had just brawled with Shimon for a brief moment" He frowned. He knew that his son was injured, and it had took all his self restrain to not jump out and help his son. He doubt that the brunette would appreciate it. He was curious at Ryuuichi's choice of word as well.

"And he's missing a father figure. Sawada-san, no. Iemitsu-san. When are you going to tell Nana-san? Or at least, spend time with them for a long full year?" His eyes widen, jaw dropped. He was practically rendered speechless. He had absolutely no idea how to answer that. He had thought of doing it before, like, of course he had. But, circumstances had him changing his mind and delaying it. Honestly, he hated that part of him.

Ryuuichi watched him a few more longer, before standing up, bowing as he left the room. "Well, that's your decision anyway. Please excuse me" 

------------------------------------------------------

"Good day, Historian" Ryuuichi turned around to see a old man with a cloth covering his eyes. He immediately recognized the man with one glance, and smiled, bowing lightly. "Hello, Talbot-san" He looked pointedly at the things he was holding. "I see that you're going to fix them"

Talbot chuckled. Ever since Caelum's time, he had a great interest in the Historian, given that their abilities were one of a kind. However, as much as he wanted to know of it in depths, he knew that the sacred Historians shouldn't be tempered in any ways. There's only one of them each generation after all.

He used his cane and poked the teen, directly on the gun that was hidden under the jacket. "And I see that you've taken a great liking to it" 

Ryuuichi blinked at that. A small quirked smile tugged on his lips. "So you're the one who made them." He had kind of suspected it. Talbot returned a smile of his own, saying nothing about it.

"Well then, I shall hurry now. Their cries are painful to hear" Ryuuichi nodded, moving to the side to let the old man pass. "Of course"

------------------------------------------------------

He sighed, ruffling his hair slightly as an argument between Tsuna and Squalo broke before Timoteo silent them. Ryuuichi leaned against the wall, arms crossed. 

"The inheritance ceremony was cancelled, which means that all the power still belongs to the Ninth. You must all abide by my orders!" The others were quiet at Timoteo's harsh tone. "I hereby entrust the task of subduing Shimon to Vongola Decimo and his guardians. However, Reborn must go with you"

"Reborn, I forbid you to attack Shimon in any way. And Ryuuichi-kun. Even if Don Cavallone oppose, I believe that you will follow as well, so please keep your word." 

The said teen nodded. He uncoiled his arms and shoved his hands into his pocket. "Don't worry. I will. Besides, I doubt those guys would allow me to anyway" He shrugged through the last part, causing a few raising an eyebrow at it. Dino protested, of course. But the blonde man was silenced with a frown. He knew that Ryuuichi was still shaken and sore about what had happened, so it was kind of expected. But this was the first time the teen gave him this kind of look.

Ryuuichi was in dilemma. He seriously don't know why, but something about Dino right now had him wanting to hit something and comfort said thing at the same time. Though, he was sure that he was concerned about Dino. Again, he didn't know why. Like, the blonde wasn't even going to be in danger. Perhaps the truth had unconsciously opened his heart to the blonde more. 

Dino's lips were down. His previously raised hands as he tried to persuade the teen fell to his sides, clenching them. He sighed and moved forward, catching the teen in a tight embrace. "Be careful, alright?" Ryuuichi, who was surprised at the sudden hug, nodded slowly. He returned the embrace. "I will"

Well, it wasn't as though he would be injured anyway. Unless he decided to give a certain piece of crap a good beating. 

Dear lingering soul,
Why won't thou move on,
For there wouldn't be any future for thou,
Thy light is waiting,
Wait for a little more,
For thou shalt reunite. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= NEXT CHAPTER I'LL DIRECTLY JUMP INTO THE FRIGGIN FIGHTS UGH--

Ryuuichi do not have PTSD. He just, managed to press the memories down to the point he had forgotten most of it. And yeah, didn't see that coming, did you? I didn't either *slumps*

The gun was made by Talbot alright. How, please don't ask. Even I myself don't know. And yeah, I decided to have him have the gun as the main weapon.

I've no idea why, but I kindda really wanna and I did, put Iemitsu into this. I JUST COULDN'T RESIST IT!

Fun Fact= Although Ryuuichi and Dino have blood relation, there's like, 10 percent only. Distant.

Fun Fact= Sakura is half Italian half Japanese, dominant Japanese blood. Kei is like, half Italian half Chinese, dominant Chinese blood. So it wasn't much wonder how the twins never suspected that they have Italian and Chinese blood in them. Parents looked too much like typical Asians. Though, something I've never said before. Kei has dark teal eyes. Anymore details on them, well, will be mention one day. Definitely will.

Ryuuichi himself had kind of wondered why he hadn't realize earlier himself that Sakura and Kei weren't working on an legal job.

I've deemed Talbot as a very, very old man who has a sense of humor that was as high as Reborn's sadism level. Case close.

The last one was a tad bit random. Honestly I've no idea why, but I kindda wanna end this chapter with something like that, so I did =w=~

IKEEPSPOTTINGPLOTHOLESHEREANDTHEREWHATEVEN---

P/S= Anyone get my point on the title?

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc.etc. mistakes]