Inheritance Ceremony

Second Life

"Yuu, here" Ryuuichi handed his said brother a cup of tea, another in his hands. "Thanks" Yuuichi took the cup and place it on the coffee table as he continued doing his assignment on the Civilization of China on his laptop, sitting on the floor. Ryuuichi had long finished his part on the Civilization of Rome, so he offered to lend a hand to Yuuichi. 

He sat on the couch, leaning forward to see whatever his brother was typing while sipping on his tea. "Ah. You got the Dynasty wrong here. It should be Dynasty Han, not Chan" He pointed at the screen. He chuckled when his brother grumbled something about typo and all. Really, Yuuichi doesn't like assignments at all. It was fortunate for him that their teacher decided to allow him and Ryuuichi as a group, otherwise he might actually die. Okay not literally.

Ryuuichi every so now and then pointed out a few mistakes, additional facts, etcetera, etcetera, and not after two hours, it was finished. Ryuuichi sighed and leaned back onto the sofa, his already empty cup was on the table, beside Yuuichi's. "Seriously, did you go and memorized the whole History text book?" He sweated at that a little.

"That's exaggerating. I just happened to still remember bits and pieces of them" True, he still do remember it. He had studied this in his past life, and his teacher in his past life elaborations were hilarious enough for him to remember until now. Honestly, he remembered laughing hysterically from one of the said teacher's own random life story. Yuuichi hummed, stretching. He grimaced slightly at the sound of his bones cracking and triple saved the file. No one can be too careful with technologies nowadays. He definitely do not want to redo the whole thing again. All the Dynasties were giving him a headache.

"Let's call for a takeout" He nodded. "Yeah. I don't think I've the energy to cook anymore" Ryuuichi chuckled at that, grabbing the cups and stood, going to the kitchen as Yuuichi whipped out his phone. "Chinese?" "Sure" As he was walking to the kitchen, one of the cups' handle cracked, and the cup shattered on the ground.

Ryuuichi stood there, stunned. A shudder coursed through his being. Something bad happened. "Ryuu? Are you okay?" He nodded numbly at his brother who was checking on him when he heard the sound. Yuuichi frowned at that as Ryuuichi went around the pieces of glass, telling his brother to stay put. 

He couldn't push back the bad feeling as he placed the other cup in the sink, and went to pick up the broken pieces. He carefully grabbed the large pieces first before the smaller ones. He threw it away into the a plastic bag and grabbed the broom, swept the floor when he stumbled a little. A name flashed in his mind.

'Yamamoto'

He quickly finished the sweeping, throwing away the shards and hurried upstairs to change. He was changing out of his shorts when his phone rang. He quickly answered it, and dread filled him. 

"I'll be right there" He hung up, and put on his jeans and rushed down. He grabbed his keys and put on his shoes. "Yuuichi! I'm going out for a bit! Eat first alright?" 

"What? What happened?" Yuuichi was still frowning as he appeared from the living room when Ryuuichi was crouching, struggling slightly to put on his shoes on the entryway. Ryuuichi wondered if he should tell him, pausing his movements for a moment. "Yamamoto met an accident" It wasn't an accident. He cursed himself for forgetting about it. 

"Hah?!" "Anyway, I'll tell you about his condition later, alright? You stay home. It won't be long" Before Yuuichi could protest, Ryuuichi had already shut the door. Ryuuichi grabbed his bicycle and cycled off.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi had being cursing himself ever since he left his house. Cursing why he had forgotten about it. Why he let it slip his mind. If only he remembered, he might be able to help Ryuuichi earlier with Ryohei. If only he... He took a deep breathe, trying to ebb away the growing headache as Ryohei explained that he had found Yamamoto first. They moved to the waiting room, and the atmosphere was absolutely suffocating.

"Damn it! I won't forgive whoever did this!!" Gokudera blew. "We need to ask the baseball team what they know.. Wasn't Mizuno with Yamamoto" 

"Yeah. He and I were playing catch ball yesterday, but I left before him" Ryuuichi raised his head up, glaring at Kaoru Mizuno. He couldn't help it. He was losing control on his composure. The others seems to notice his piercing glare towards the teen, and asked.

"No. Nothing. Sorry" He curtly said, shifting his eyes to the door of the waiting room, tuning out their conversation. He rubbed his temple, closing his eyes. The damage was done, there was nothing he could do, even if he knew about it. Though, he was relief that Yamamoto would definitely make it through. 

"There's a way to dig out the culprit." Reborn said, suddenly appearing out of nowhere. "I just went to check the locker room where Yamamoto was attacked. I was looking for any leads as to who the attacker was"

"Leads? And did you find any?!" Gokudera asked anxiously.

"I did. But it'll take time to reveal the culprit, and since this concerns secret information about Vongola. Could the Shimon Family leave for a while?" The Shimon wanted to hear, saying that they could help, but Reborn declined. "Of course, if we need help, we'll ask for it. But for now, we need to have a little privacy. You lot should be careful too. You might be attacked as well" (Ryuuichi barely able to stop himself from raising an eyebrow when Reborn didn't ask him to go for a moment along with Shimon.)

Tsuna felt another layer of dread falling onto him. He had being silent ever since he was dragged into the waiting room. His stomach still churns, remembering the sight of Yamamoto drenched in blood with an oxygen mask on. It was all his fault. He was the one who dragged Yamamoto into this. He was the one who caused Yamamoto to be in critical condition. If only he hadn't pull him into this dark world... If only Yamamoto wasn't involved with all this..

And not just Yamamoto, but the others would be in danger as well.

"Yamamoto left a message in blood, just before he passed out. But a good portion of it was covered up. Probably the part that revealed the culprit's name. Someone must have tried to delete the evidence. However, next to that, the letters 'Deritoto' had been written in small letters."

"Deri.. Toto?"

"Not a clue, right? Looks like the culprit overlooked it too. I didn't get it at first either, but if you write it in romaji, It becomes 'delitto'. In italian, this means the word 'sin'. From here on, this information that only a few inside the Vongola Family know. 'Sin'. It's the name of the small bottle that the boss of Vongola Inherits at the ceremony with each new generation. 'Sin' is something Primo created to leave the memories of his battles to all his sucessors within the family. It is the proof of the Vongola boss.

"In legends, they say that the bottle contains the blood that was shed during the battle."

Ryuuichi had knew all that already. The fact, that the bottle contains blood, was the truth. However, the origin of the blood, wasn't. It wasn't surprise that it was targetted, because the culprit knew the truth. An act of Vendetta, Ryuuichi would've said. But it wasn't. Not with that piece of pulling the strings like they were all dolls. (He made a mental note to punch said in the face)

He clenched his hands tightly.

"The 'Sin' is what they're after, considering the fact that the only time the 'Sin' appears before people's eyes is at the Inheritance Ceremony. There is no mistake that the culprit will come to the ceremony. Of course, if the ceremony is held, that is."

Gokudera, Yamamoto and Chrome were puzzled at Reborn's words. "What are you talking about?"

"Tsuna turned down the title of Vongola Boss. The ceremony is cancelled."

"However, it was no longer the case, right?" Ryuuichi muttered, directing to the brunette. True to his words, Tsuna had changed his mind. "I.. I'll ask Kyuudaime to open the ceremony." His words came out soft at first, but it harden. "The culprit is bound to attack another one of my friends again. And I won't forgive that. Whoever did that to Yamamoto.. I'll catch them no matter what it takes! I'm going to the Inheritance Ceremony!"

Ryuuichi sighed inaudibly. He rubbed the back of his neck. For some reason, he felt as though that wasn't the only thing that would be happening tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi grabbed his gun. It wasn't the gun that his parents gifted him. No, that would be used in case there was any emergency, or that he had no choice but to use it. He wouldn't taint his gift. The gun he had, was something he found. When he came back from the future, this sliver gun were in his drawer. It was from his future self. How his future self managed to place it there, he didn't know. But he had taken a liking to it and he daresay, more so than his bow. He placed the gun into the holster he had strapped on his shoulder. 

He wore his black black suit over his grey button down shirt and the holster. He put on his watch along with the bracelet, smiling slightly when his partners growled lightly. He glanced at the time and sighed for the nth time. It was too early, but he couldn't leave like this when Yuuichi was awake. He wrote a small note and stick it on the refrigerator. Hopefully Yuuichi wouldn't be too worried. (Nope. Yuuichi would definitely be worried. He might even punch him in the face when he come back)

He huffed, putting on his shoes. He would first go find Tsuna. He quietly shut the door and locked it. Before he walked off, he placed a hand on the door, smiling. 'I'm off'

-------------------------------------------------------------

The castle was grand. That was one thing all of them would say. However, because of what had happened and their current priorities, they didn't really enjoyed the view, glancing warily at every single person. That was when Naito Longchamp merrily popped by. A character that Ryuuichi hadn't really bothered to care about. The teen wasn't even a bit suspicious about the illusion of Yamamoto Chrome had made. He stayed behind a little as the group walked forward, looking at the surrounding a little while more.

And Dino came. "Been well, young ones?" His turtle, Enzo, was on his shoulder. He placed a hand on Tsuna's shoulder, grinning brightly. "Never expected that this day would come so soon! You make me proud!" Tsuna laughed sheepishly as he continued, lowering his volume.

"I received the memories of battles in the future from Yuni. Let's have a chat later." The brunette agreed, when suddenly a loud, familiar yell was heard. "VOI!!"

There was Varia, in their suits. "It's been a while, you scum!" Squolo said, or rather yelled. Ryuuichi, who was quite far away from them, could hear him. He shook his head and slowly walked towards them. "Squalo, you really don't change. Where's Xanxus?"

"Our boss is absent! Like hell he would come! Voii! You haven't been skipping training, have you?!" When the illusion spoke, both Squalo and Dino noticed.

They both grabbed Tsuna and started interrogating him in low voices. "Where's Yamamoto Takeshi?" "We won't pry if you won't tell us but.. You can tell us anything. We can help." 

"I suggest you guys stop acting so suspicious right now even if you noticed. Especially like this" Ryuuichi suddenly spoke behind them, smirking as he crossed his arms. "Yo" Squalo clicked his tongue at him, while Dino looked like his eyes were going to buldge out if he don't stop widening them.

"R-r-ryuuichi!? Y-y-you were invited as well?" He raised an eyebrow at that. "What? Don't want to see me?" His tone was playful, but he was curious of Dino's reaction. The blonde was overreacting. He didn't know why. "N-no! Y-yes! Wait- I mean-!" Dino frustrately ruffled his hair as Ryuuichi chuckled.

"I-I'm glad to see you- Just- I-I need to go now. S-see ya!" Ryuuichi shook his head. Dino was like he had being caught red handed for something stupid. He narrowed his eyes. He felt there was something going on around here. Especially Dino. He turned around to the brunette.

"I'm going in first" With Tsuna's nod, he walked off. He went into the building, swiftly avoided everyone. He looked around, impressed by all the decorations and all. Everyone was chattering here and there. He sweated lightly at the chosen topics that ranged from talking about the Vongola Tenth and his Guardians, rumors, nonsense and, well, bribes. All kinds of things were said. There was this guy, looking as though he was constipating as he talked with another guy. 

Ryuuichi turned his gaze to Timoteo, who was standing in the middle of the T-shaped carpet with his Guardians, smiling. The old man noticed and immediately met his gaze. His eyes were twinkling with amusement, as he gave Ryuuichi a small nod. Ryuuichi replied one of his own, before breaking them when Tsuna, along with the others, walked in.

"Now, we shall commence the passing of the bottle, which is the proof of the Vongola Boss since Primo's generation. It'll be handed on to Vongola Decimo, from Vongola Nono" He noted that Tsuna was tensed. The brunette was wary, because the culprit to Yamamoto's assault was here, in this Castle.

Somehow, Ryuuichi managed to be pushed to the front line as the crowd surrounded the Vongola, watching. That was when he realized that he was shorter than most men. He stomped down the growing irritation and focused on the ceremony. He blinked slowly, and his vision changed slightly. (Somewhere, unknown to all, the ceremony through Ryuuichi's eyes were recorded, saved.)  A bald man had walked to stay beside both Timoteo and Tsuna, holding the box that contains 'Sin'.

Timoteo picked up the box and opened it, handing it to Tsuna. A vial of thick red liquid was in the middle of the box. "I pass this on to you, Decimo" Timoteo's voice sounded in the silent room, when a loud screech was heard. Ryuuichi winced at the noise, covering his ears.

Explosions here and there, debris of the building fell.

Ryuuichi put up a shield tint with orange around him, watching chaos fell into it's place. (He put up the one that people could still see him. He, after all, had no idea how to do the shield down by Caelum) Timoteo's guardians had formed a protective circle around both him and Tsuna, along with the vial of blood, flames flaring. In the midst of the smoke, Ryuuichi could hear Varia, Squalo's shout, and Dino giving command to Romario to protect the guest.

When the smoke cleared and their sights returned to them, a few of them looked around for enemy, before turning to Timoteo at the brunette's shout. The old man's arm was injured, the vial broken and on the ground. Fortunately, it was a fake. The real one was in this vault with flames shielding it.

However, when one of Timoteo's guardians, Ganauche III, went to check on the vault, he found that it was broken into. He then noticed there was someone in it, and took out his gun. His gun, without contact or whatsoever, broke into pieces. Ice were shot to him as he tried to shield himself from it with his flames, they passed through. It was Bouche Croquant who pulled him down in the nick of time from getting those glaciers.

Dust suddenly flew about when the vault were levitated up into thin air before it exploded. Seven figures stood.

'No..' "Enma... Kun?"

"We're taking back the 'Sin'. This blood belongs to the Shimon Family." All of them were surprised at that. Even Reborn. "As you know now," Adelheid said. "We came to this ceremony to take back the 'Sin'"

Tsuna clenched his hand, eyes wide in disbelief. "It.. Couldn't be.. The one who attacked Yamamoto..." 'Please please please please no. Say no.. Please' His heart died for a moment at the red head's confirmation.

"Yes, that would be us. We needed this.." Enma poured the blood on the ring he had. The ring glowed, circular loops with unreadable words grew bigger and bigger, until it circled Enma. His head were flaring with red flames. "In order to regain our power and take revenge on Vongola!"

Although Tsuna didn't understand, but he felt rage. He felt burning fire boiling in him, slowly overflowing as he gritted out his words. "No way.. I don't understand.. Why... Why?!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Tsuna!" "Voii! Stop right there!" The Varia, and Dino appeared. They watched in horror as the brunette was crushed by Enma's manipulation on the gravity. The brunette was clearly overpowered. They wanted to help, but was stopped by Adelheid.

"Outsiders should stay out of it" Glaciers were shot towards them, but before it reached them, a orange shield shattered all of it. They widen their eyes in surprise, and turned towards Ryuuichi, who were watching Enma hurting Tsuna and his friends with a hard scowl. The teen had one hand in his pocket while the other outstretched, as though he had just swiped something off.

Ryuuichi shifted his eyes to Adelheid, glaring at her icily. "Outsiders, as you've said, but none of you were to get them involve." He turned to the Varia and Dino. "That goes the same as you guys. This is to be left to the Shimon and the Vongola" 

"Where do you stand, Historian" He glanced to the red head who addressed him by his title. "With the Vongola, or with us, Shimon?" He closed his eyes, sighing inaudibly. He faced Enma again, opening his eyes halfway.

"I stand with none, but my own. I may be allied with the Shimon and the Vongola, but I side none. Though, may I add a few things before you guys move?"

"You may" Ryuuichi's eyes glinted in amusement as his glare disappeared. He ignored the protests and yells of questions from the Vongola as he took down the shields, both his and the others. He took a step forward from where he stood. "I apologize for the wrong timing.." He muttered. "Since the begining, the Historian had being allies with the Vongola, Shimon and Vindice. And this will stay the same forever. However, loyalties and allegiances were sworn upon Vongola Primo and Shimon Primo, and their guardians, and whoever inherits their wills. I, the current Historian, will do that as well." A small circle glowing in light blue appeared from where he stood. 

"From today on, not only the Historian is allied with Vongola, Shimon and Vindice, the Historian will be allied with Cavallone as well. My loyalties, on the other hand, were only to the following; 

"Sawada Tsunayoshi and his guardians, Kozato Enma and his guardians, Dino. I, the current Historian, Shiroki Ryuuichi, pledge loyalty and allegiance to you and those who followss your wills. Unless one were to stray from their will that I've pledged to, this bond shall never break." Those who mentioned glowed, surprised. Once it dispersed, they finally gotten their sense back. They couldn't understand a single thing that was going on. But Reborn did understood the part on Ryuuichi's pledge. 

"But you still wouldn't help us, would you?" He gave Enma a small smile, shaking his head. Enma had expected that somehow, so he said nothing, even if he had wanted to ask why even him. Like, he had just betrayed them, and how could Ryuuichi remain that way was mystery to him. Instead he went back to his own current task in hand.

Julie had taken the unconscious Chrome away, but Ryuuichi did nothing to stop, except give the teen a murderous glare. Tsuna yelled at Ryuuichi, telling him to stop them, telling him to grab Chrome back. They couldn't take away her. She's his. All of them are his. No. They couldn't.

"Chrome!!"

"Tsuna-kun. You'd better worry about yourself" Something pushed harder at him against the cracked ceiling. He groaned out in pain and his Vongola ring shattered into pieces. He fell down limply from the ceiling.

"Today is the start of Vongola's end and the beginning of the new Shimon. Let us leave, to our holy home"

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, hang in there!! Bring in the tanker!! They're severely injured!" Ryuuichi moved towards the crater as Dino yelled out orders. He frowned, concern swelled in him. He couldn't do anything. They needed this stage. If he were to stop it from happening, who knows what would happen next. 

A bloodied and injured Hibari pushed himself up forcefully, even though he couldn't even stand properly. "Don't touch me. I'm fine, excluding my pride" At those words, Dino stopped himself from helping. Even Ryuuichi, who was considering healing him, stayed put. He had a feeling that they were angry at him.

"Is everyone alright!?" "The tanker is here!" His eyes widen at the familiar voices, his body tensed. "W-wait d-don't!" He barely could hear Dino's voice as the man spoke in italian as he stiffly turned around and promptly had the shock of his life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= A-ahahahah....

Uhumm...

...........................

This chapter starts from Chapter 293 to 299 in the manga.

Things shattering or cracking or breaking really seems like bad omens, don't they?

Things were starting to slip Ryuuichi's mind. Nothing major. Really. Just that it has been years since he last read the manga of KHR. So yeah.

I felt that this is a bit too Ryuuichi-centric. Then again, this whole story is Ryuuichi-centric. *face palm* What am I talking about....

AND YEPPP. There'll be a bit more things revealed in the next chapter....... The match with Shimon might start at the last part of the next chapter. MIGHT!

Fun fact= Ryuuichi always do things at a bad timing. Almost always.

Next chapter might take a while.

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc, etc mistakes]