Birth and Death

Second Life

"Xxx. What is life to you?"

".... A long and tired walk...."

"So where are you now?"

"Nowhere." 'Because I've stopped halfway through all these years...'

---------------------------------------------------------

The annoying ringing of the alarm resonated through the room. A certain teen under the thick duvets shuffled, trying to ignore the loud ringing to go back to sleep. Though, it was a futile attempt because his mind was getting clearer and clearer as seconds ticked by. He groaned loudly, annoyed, and threw off the duvet. He stalked towards the digital alarm beside a box clock by the computer table slash study table opposite of his bed and promptly slammed the alarm off. 

'6.30...' 

He yawned loudly before and stretched, satisfied at the sound of bone cracking. He proceeded to his wardrobe and got his uniform out, slowly walking to the bathroom. When he got back, he tied his hair up and double checked his books for the day. He grabbed his backpack and walked down to the dining room.

"Good morning..." He place his backpack beside the door frame and sat on his usual spot. Sakura, Kei and surprisingly Yuuichi who doesn't have any morning practices, greeted him back. "Good Morning, Ryuu(-kun)" He raised an eyebrow at them. They sounded very, very suspicious. His parent could at least hide it a little but his brother, who was grinning his heads off, couldn't.

"Ryuu-kun~ Do you know what day is today?" He frowned at his mother. Did she somehow knocked her head on something? Sakura usually have good memories. "... Wednesday..?" He answered slowly as he bit into the bread.

"That's not what your mother meant, silly" Kei chuckled, making him frown harder. He wondered if he was forgetting something. Yuuichi was snickering at him and winced a little when Ryuuichi kicked his shin under the table. Seriously, what was going on-. Something hit him as he widden his eyes slightly. 

"Happy Birthday, Ryuu(-kun)!" He awkwardly thanked them as they all laughed at him. Really, he wasn't that used to people congratulating him on something, and probably never will. He never really cared much about his birthday, only Yuuichi's, his parents and a few others. Besides, it was practically his 'death' anniversary too. How funny.

Yuuichi out his hand curled into a fist, a large smile plastered. If he didn't say anything, he would have thought that he wanted a fist bump or something. "Here! A gift!" He blinked owlishly and held out his hand, a black half ring dropped onto his hand. His eyes widen as he looked closer at the ring. It wasn't a Vongola Ring for sure. He had never seen this ring in the anime or manga before.

It looked like the half Vongola Rings, but there's nothing for the center. There should be something in the gap because of how it was made. He could only barely make out a shape on the complicated design too. Though, there was writings on it, but he couldn't understand it because half of the letters were cut off.

After a while staring at the ring and trying to remember if there was any ring like this, he slowly nodded at his younger brother. "Thanks. I love it" He smiled, rubbing the ring slightly. Yuuichi laughed and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "To be honest.. I found this ring in the mail the other day. It doesn't fit my fingers nor can I wear it because of basketball.. And your birthday was coming up and I couldn't figure out what to give you.. So..."

Ryuuichi was surprised. He experimentally wore the ring on his right middle finger and it fitted perfectly. It doesn't make any sense at all. His and Yuuichi's finger size should be the same. And the mail box? Why does this seem so familiar? He felt deja vu running up his skin. 

"I appreciate it, really" He gave an ensuring smile, that made his brother grin brighter. "And Mother? Father? Could you please stop trembling? The drinks are going to spill" True to what he had said, his glass of water almost spilled if not for him grabbing it just in time.

Sakura and Kei was busy controlling their squeals as they watched their sons interact. Seriously, what was with all the bright, sparkly lights and flowers that popped out of nowhere behind the twins. And really, were they trying to kill them?

Kei was the first one to stop and faked a cough, slightly embarrassed. "A-anyway, this is from your mother and I" He lifted up a large box and handed to the eldest son of theirs'. He watched in slight amusement when Ryuuichi gingerly took it with gentle hands. He placed the box on his lap, before looking up at his parents. "Thank you very much" He lightly bowed. Sakura giggled at his awkward gestures. Her son could never shake off the awkwardness he would develop whenever these kind of things happens. 

"Well? Go on. Open it!" 

Ryuuichi hesitated at first, but seeing the approving glances, he carefully pull off the ribbon and opened it. His eyes widen so large that it would probably drop out of the sockets if someone smack him behind his head. Yuuichi beside him whistled, amazed at the gift.

Alright, something's seriously wrong with the people in this world. Like, which parents, or who in the right mind would actually gift someone this? Ok maybe if you're a fighter or in mafia or whatever, but a civilian? (As if he's a civilian...) What?

"Umm.. A gun?" Kei nodded, and much to his horror, happily. "Yep!" Sakura's expression turned into a concern one. "You don't like it?" She just had to get the puppy eyes out. Ryuuichi wondered what's with the people around him, always throwing a puppy eyes here and there. 

"That's not- I mean, I love it. But- Like- How the hell did you get this? A gun to be exact. How?! Why?!" He stumbled through his words. His parents laughed a little. "We have our ways, Ryuu-kun. Besides, it has been quite dangerous these days, you can never be too careful. Oh and it's licensed"

Yuuichi's eyes literally sparkled. "So I'll get a gun too?!" Ryuuichi gave his brother a disbelieved look and wondered who in the sane mine would want a gun as a gift. 'You know what? I don't give a anymore' He gave up. There's no point in trying to be logical when you're literally living in a world where you use flames to fight and the existences of strongest infants and all. No point at all.

"You'll know it tomorrow~"

Yuuichi pouted but said nothing. He doesn't really care what will he be getting anyway. Everything given to him are considered precious stuffs after all.

Ryuuichi closed back the box and finished his breakfast quickly, seeing that they will be late for school. "Right. Yuu, if you don't hurry, we'll be late" He said after chugging down the water, pondering what do he do with the gun. Til the last minute, he figured that it's better to keep it with him. Or maybe not.

He and Yuuichi bade their parents a see you and went out, walking to school. The gun was in it's holster, tied around his torso, inside his uniform. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi sighed in relief when he walked pass the disciplinary committee members without any of them stopping him. There was a spot check today, which is exactly why he couldn't put the gun in his backpack. Maybe being called a 'demon' and being Hibari's friend(?) really helps sometimes. 

Not.

He had changed into his indoor shoes by the lockers and was about to walk to class when Hibari popped out of nowhere out of the sudden, scaring the living out of him. His clutched his backpack that was slung by his side in front of him, creating a barrier between the prefect and him just in case Hibari's going to do something. His back slammed onto the locker with a loud bang, making students stared at him, puzzled. Though they quickly walked away when they saw it was Hibari.

"G-good Morning, senpai. Please don't do that again" He felt that something was off about the prefect. He just stared at him for almost two, full minutes, which felt like hours to him. He glanced towards where Yuuichi should be, but his brother was nowhere to be found. 'Traitor!!!' 

He turned back to Hibari and almost yelped curses when something was placed on his head. He peered up and reached for it with his hand. It was quite fluffy. When he took it off his head and properly looked at it, his jaw dropped. It was a larger version of Hibird plushy. Back at his mind, he brieftly wondered how Hibari managed to find it. He looked up towards the prefect again and gave him a questioning look. 

Hibari shrugged a little, placing another Hibird plushy onto his head (Only, this one is yellowish green, probably for Yuuichi.) and grunted a Happy Birthday to him. He stood there, stunned as Hibari swiftly walked away. He managed to get his gears running in his head and quickly shouted a thanks to the prefect. 

He stared at the plushies in his hands. This was the third time that he was surprised to the point of no return. He really had never expected it. The ring, the gun and the plushies. Something tells him that there will be more later. He hoped not.

Now, what to do with these...

------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quite a day for Ryuuichi, and a great one for Yuuichi. He had been laughing since Ryuuichi came into the classroom with to large plushies, looking so out of place with them. (Which resulted him pelted by one of the plushies. Not like it hurts anyway) Then, for some reason, things have being falling onto his brother. For example, during their fourth period and when they were walking to the West side of their school building where their next class would be, confetti papers dropped out of nowhere and onto Ryuuichi's head.

After that, it was glitter after P.E (Which had Ryuuichi shrieking in rage because apparently, he hate glitter) which caused him to have shower. Yuuichi almost killed himself because of laughing when he saw his brother frantically shake the glitter off his head like a dog shaking off water. Next was small balloons of various colours raining down from his locker. That wasn't really funny because they had to clean up the place when the balloons suddenly popped and colours splattered onto the ground. But it was quite a sight seeing his brother jumping a few feet away from his locker when the first one popped with wide eyes.

He briefly wondered if someone was bullying his brother, though it was quite impossible. No one would dare to even lift a finger against his brother unless they wanted a death wish (According to the students that are afraid of Ryuuichi) and the things that fell onto Ryuuichi wasn't really life threatening. 

His questions were answered when Yamamoto popped out of nowhere and dragged them to his father's restaurant, TakeSushi. 

"Yamamoto.... What are you guys planning?" It was quite a surprise that Ryuuichi haven't figure out what was going on. The said teen laughed and grinned happily, arms crossed behind his head.

"You'll see~ You'll see~" 

When they arrived, Yamamoto went in first, his taller frame blocking their view. Party poppers suddenly went off after Yamamoto moved away. "Happy Birthday, Ryuuichi(-kun), Yuuichi(-kun)!!!" The twins' eyes were as wide as saucers. Even Yuuichi's. He had somewhat expected this, but to see the amount of people? No.

The whole restaurant were packed with Ryuuichi's and Yuuichi's friends! Heck, even Hibari was there!

Ryuuichi rubbed his temple. So this is why things have been falling on him. He couldn't deny the fact that he was taken aback. He had never told them their birthday before, nor had they asked him. He gave his brother a questioning look, which Yuuichi shrugged at him, but a grin was there on his face. He sighed and shook his head. His lips slowly tugged upwards.

The twins exchanged a look and turned towards their friends. "Thanks!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

"So, could any of you tell me who was the one responsible for all the fallen stuffs on me today?" Ryuuichi asked as everyone froze. He was chattering with Tsuna, Gokudera, Yamamoto and Dino while his brother was horsing around with his Basketball teammates (Yamamoto and Ryohei had somewhat told them). They all averted their eyes from his, even Yamamoto.

He raised an eyebrow. "What? It's not like I'll get angry. But a punch or two would be satisfying" Ok, the last part had their faces morphed into something as if they had personally met Satan. A small infant suddenly jumped onto his head and sat there, a small hand knocked his head not so lightly.

"I would like to see you try, Ryuuichi" The said teen sighed, he should have known. "Why, Reborn? Why the glitter?" He could swore he felt the smirk that the arcobaleno was sporting even when he couldn't see it. "Because it's hilarious" 

Reborn had found out that Kyoko and Haru was planning a party for the twins and had joined them. Fuuta had told them to leave out the glitters because it was Ryuuichi's Fifth hated things. And then, a mischievous idea popped in his mind. Even when he had to make a lot of preparations, the sight was really funny and he had gained blackmail materials. So worth the trouble.

His smirk widen when he heard another sigh from the teen as he made himself comfortable of his head.

Dino quickly interrupted Ryuuichi when the teen opened his mouth, wanting to retort something at the hitman. "Ryuuichi! Yuuichi! Let's open your presents, ok?" He pushed the twins to the table where their presents are, which was quite a lot. 

They sweated at the amount and exchanged a look. "Ryuu/Yuu, you open your's first" They spoke at the same time and in total unison. Silence immediately took it's place before strings of laughters replaced it. The twins themselves were laughing. "No seriously, Yuu, you open your's first" Yuuichi shrugged and went with it. He first opened the gift from Tsuna and Gokudera, who apparently had shared the cost. They had gave him a headphone from a very expensive brand. He had seen the price of it before and almost puked blood.

Of course, he tried to negotiate with them to give him something cheaper because, damn, he could actually buy a pair of basketball shoes, but they insisted on him having it. They said that it was actually quite cheap because they had brought it online.

Next was Yamamoto's, which he had gave him a pair of dark blue wrist band, saying that he would need it for his games. Perhaps the baseball star had noticed that his left wrist was acting up a little. Ryohei gave him pair of boxing gloves, yelling something about him joining the boxing club, which had the older teen arguing with his basketball teammates. The girls gave him a hand-made knitted muffler.

He hadn't really expect that Dino, whom he wasn't even close with, gave him a dagger. There's jems or crystal or something that he couldn't rectify but it was shining, on the handle. He wasn't complaining though, heck he even liked it. Plus, there was a bonus seen of his brother roasting Dino for giving him a weapon. The strange infant gave him a hat, for some reason. Perhaps the infant have hat .

Last, was his teammates. For the first time of the day, he genuinely felt touched. They had presented him a basketball. One would think that it's just a basketball, but there were writings on it. Signature from everyone in the club, as they all welcomed him once again to the club. Let's just say, he went to crybaby mode from there on.

Ryuuichi smiled fondly at his brother and his teammates as they tried to calm the crying teen down. He was glad that Yuuichi have so many good friends. They are like a one big family, giving comfort and warmth to each other. Tsuna and the others are one too. He felt a twinge of envy but quickly pushed it away. "Ryuu, it's your turn!" He blinked as Yamamoto gave him a nudge on the shoulder.

He gingerly picked one random one from the table. It was from Ryohei. He chuckled when he received a pair of boxing gloves, the exact same one with his brother. He thanked the older teen, and went to another one, which was a pair of fingerless gloves. It was from Yuuichi's teammates. He gave them a questioning look, as he never had thought that they would give him something. 

The captain smiled sheepishly and said. "Well, you did helped us with the training at some point..." (Ryohei then argued with the fellow sportman because, gloves) He smiled and thanked them too.

Dino then eagerly his present for him into his arms, which was quite heavy. It figures since it was a retractable metal bo staff. He sweated. It was quite heavy and it was taller than him. Nevertheless, he was grateful. The girls gave him a muffler too, which he was internally squealing at the fluffiness. Reborn, from his head, patted him for his attention. The hitman jumped down from his head and took out a metal bow with sharp blades at the end. Again, a very long weapon. Seriously, what's with these mafia men and their obsession with weapons?

Gokudera was next.

"W-well, you did said that you like authentic stuffs.. So.." He took out a sliver pocket watch with a spiral flower engraved on the cover. He gently took it from the bomber's hand and looked at it with observant eyes. When he flipped it open, there's words engraved under the cover. 'Per Sempre, Il Mio Fratello' He couldn't suppress the large grin that stretched on his lips and he gave the bomber a tight hug. "Grazie, fratello" 

Yamamoto then took away his attention after he had let go an almost crying Gokudera, much to the latter's chagrin. The baseball star had given him 10 Rubik's Cubes, starting from the 2 by 2 til 10 by 10 and a pentagon one. He his jaw dropped as he frantically asked Yamamoto why so many. One already cost a lot but there's 10? The teen grinned at him. "Don't worry~! They were all on sale so it was practically very cheap. 'Sides, I saw you eyeballing them before" He didn't blush at the last statement. Nope, he didn't.

"U-umm.."

Tsuna called out for him. He blinked at the brunette and tilted his head. He could see Tsuna hesitating at some point. He smiled and stretched out his hand towards the brunette. Tsuna blinked owlish. "Whatever you give me, I'll treasure it." He saw the gentle, caring look in the darker brown orbs, and slowly, dropped a half ring onto the teen's outstretched hand.

He panicked a little when Ryuuichi's eyes widen, no doubt in surprise. He wanted to take back the gift and change it but was a bit too late. Ryuuichi smirked at him. Indeed he was surprised, because it was exactly the other half of the ring Yuuichi had given him. Though, the rings might be planned. "Let me guess, in the mail box a few days ago?" He laughed out loud when the brunette stuttered. "H-how did you know?"

He gave him a smile and gave the brunette a hug. "I just do. Thank you, Tsuna" He grin got larger when he felt arms around his back. 

And then, the others decided to join. Yamamoto tackled them to the ground, as Gokudera tried to stop the baseball star, only to be pulled onto the pile too. Ryohei shouted out an extreme and jumped on top of them, followed by Yuuichi. Tsuna and Ryuuichi who were underneath all of them huffed out at the weight. Ryuuichi tried to not get the brunette crushed with great effort as he shouted for them all to get off.

Even if it was very heavy and all, he liked it. They had made him feel like one of them, which was quite surprising. It felt like they would always be with him. He love it. He hoped that these moments will last, and will never change.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Happy Birthday, Yuu" He gently placed a box on the latter's bed as he sat down beside him. He had a towel around his neck as water dripped down from his wet hair. His brother looked up from his phone and towards the digital clock in his room. "Wha-" It was 12.01. He whistled, slightly amazed.

"Wow. Great timing." Ryuuichi laughed at that. True, it was a great timing. Yuuichi placed his phone aside, and took up the box, placing it on his lap. "Can I open it?" "Of course"

And he did, he opened it with care and had the shock of his life. It was a pair of white and grey basketball shoe. He had been eyeing it for a long time but it was too expensive. He gave his brother a bewildered look as he try to comprehend a sentence. "I- Wha- This- The heck-!?"

Ryuuichi laughed again. "You have been wanting this, no? I hope you like it" 

"Like it? I love it! But the price-!" He shook his head, smiling. "Don't worry about it." He sat properly and crossed his legs, facing his brother. He took his hands and intertwined them. "Yuuichi, I hope that when you wear this shoes, you'll remember that I will always be with you, even if you are too far away. I hope, wish and pray that you will keep moving on forward no matter what will happen." He leaned in and their forehead met. 

"I'm sorry for hiding things from you, and never told you about it.. I'm sorry that I let you feel left behind..."

Yuuichi was tearing up for the second time of the day. "I-.. You... Knew?" 'That I knew you're hiding something?' Ryuuichi smiled softly, a bit apologetic and guilty.

"Yes. I noticed. I saw the longing look, and the want to know the truth. It's something I knew very well after all...But, I couldn't say... Not now.." His brother frowned bitterly. "Ne, Yuuichi.... Can you wait? At least, until I settle a few things and find my answers.." Yuuichi sniffed. He nodded. He faked a pout as he tried to stop the tears. "B-but you have to promise me to let me see what you write in the book when the time comes. Oh and let me punch you once"

Ryuuichi winced at the last one but said nothing. He was pulled into a hug by his brother. He smiled and wrapped his own arms around the slightly shaking frame, treading his fingers into Yuuichi's hair as he him. "Thank you. For everything, and for being born" 'I'm happy to be here with you..'

'Thank you for being born too, Ryuu-nii'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= Right. Initially wanted to update yesterday, but was forced to go to tuition, or cram school for some people. It lasted for 2 hours but my mood to write disappeared instantly because I hate studying outside school and my house, and with people whom I'm not close with or at a different environment. Long story short, I do not like it, at all.

Next chapter will be the beginning of the Future Arc, which is the Fourth arc. 

The half rings given to Ryuuichi, which is a complete one now, have something to do with him. Why? Will be revealed in probably after the Future Final Battle Arc... Probably.. How you imagine the ring, is up to you. Though, please note that the center piece of the ring is currently missing.

This chapter is more to everyone's interaction? Well, it's somehow very Ryuu/Yuu-centric... I don't know.

'Per Sempre, Il Mio Fratello' = Forever, My Brother [I think]

Fun Fact 1= Yuuichi recieved Metal Scythe from his parents the next day. Seriously, please don't ask where did they get it. It looks like a Death God's Scythe according to Ryuuichi. The older twin wasn't mused by the fact that his brother was given weapons for his birthday, though said nothing because Yuuichi was pleased. Very pleased. 

Fun Fact 2= Apparently, someone from their school had found out about the twins birthday the next day and they had to run away from girls and a few boys the whole day.

Fun Fact 3= Ryuuichi slept with Yuuichi that night.  

I had trouble on figuring out what weapon should Yuuichi use but, weapons with blades.

Fun Fact 4= Ryuuichi is a natural weapon user. So technically, if you throw him any weapon except for boomerang, he probably could use it after seeing how to once.

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc.etc. mistakes]