Irritation

Second Life

Tsuna felt that 50 years of his life has been taken away when they were almost roasted by the lasers. No doubt about it. He couldn't describe the relief he had when they weren't, but it was short lived as they met with a bulky guy holding a remote. (For some reason, he could hear the sound of disgust and annoyance from Ryuuichi)

"If I remember correctly, word has it that the Vongola Tenth's group were also a bunch of brats" Tsuna and the others tensed up upon that. "But those guys are now under attack, being beaten up to pulp. You can't be them" The brunette felt like facepalming at that man. But at least they haven't been found out by the enemies.

"Then that means... You're nothing more than ordinary folks" This time, Tsuna felt like falling onto the ground and done with the world. As if they're simply 'ordinary folks'. Like hell they were, (un)fortunately (for Tsuna). "Well, that's not wrong" Yamamoto said, a bit taken away at the idiocy. 

"He's not too smart, is he?" Sasagawa added but was retorted by Gokudera. "Quiet. We might be able to trick him" Or not.

"Oh well. Thanks to you I get to try out my newly arrived weapon!" That bulky guy said, quite enthusiastically. "Live humans are the best for testing out new weapon." He inserted his lightning flame into this box connected to the weapon and started it up. Tsuna and the other gasped upon the sight of green lightning flames on the weapon before they were shot.

Dust flew about as smoke surrounded them. "This thing is quite powerful. It seems I'll be able to use it. There won't be any bones left." Oh how wrong is he. As the smoke started to disperse, a shadow figure stood up. 

"Who did that just now?" That was Yamamoto, then followed by Lal Mirch, Ryohei, Tsuna and Gokudera. It wasn't from any of the former three. "It was me" Gokudera said, holding a box triumphantly. The smoke dispersed fully and they were all one piece and dandy. Tsuna thanked the bomber for saving their lives in which the bomber said that this level was simply nothing. 

"W-what!?"

"What did you just do?" Yamamoto asked. "I can't let the Baseball-Idiot to be the only cool one." Gokudera scoffed. "Move out of the way, you useless Macho. We don't have time to play with you." That enraged the man. "U-useless?! Damn you brat! You don't even know a thing about me!!" The man lit up his ring again and inserted it into a separated box. A lance coated with Lightning flame appeared. 

"This guy.. Holds the title of Arattaco, Dendro Chilum of Heavy Assault infantry." Tsuna blinked at Ryohei's explaination. He didn't understood the word Arattaco and was enlightened by Lal Mirch. A top lancer? He certainly doesn't seem like one though, no offense. The brunette paled when Ryohei said that the man skewered his comrades along with his enemies. That meant this man will still kill you whoever you are. Tsuna definitely do not like this kind of person. He paled even further when Lal Mirch spoke. 

"Among the Milliefiore's lancers, he's the most skillful. I've heard that his lance is coated with the Lightning box's 'Solidifying' characteristic... So there's nothing it cannot pierce through" 

That, was certainly troublesome. (Though, if Ryuuichi was present to hear Lal Mirch's assumptions, he would certainly snort, hard) They have just one chance to win this battle, but before they could do anything, Dendro attacked. "Colpo Elettro Shock!" He stabbed his lance coated with lightning flame and smirked. Poor him for underestimating them.

When he tried to pull his lance away, he couldn't. Why? Because a certain brunette was holding it. Tsuna, who was in Hyper Dying Will Mode had stopped the lance with simply one hand, the sharp tip had split. "Did you not hear us?" Slight venom was dripping in his voice. 

"We don't have time to play with you"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After their first fight with Dendro, they had encountered with Ginger Bread. That damned magician's doll had not only taunted and injured Lal Mirch, but also criticized Collonello, along with Viper. That, was the last straw for the woman. Memories of the past had haunted her like a broken record. The fated day, the moment Colonello jumped in and tried to help her but failed, the moment they all, the I Prescelti Sette, including Colonello, had turned into infants, and the moment that she didn't stop him. They all haunted her.

"He was just a useless busybody" Lal Mirch gritted her teeth at that. "The reason your pacifier became corrupted was also because he failed to safe you, right? Mr Backfire, that Colonello." She had enough of Ginger Bread. She had enough of his words. She pushed herself up, despite the pain. "Take that... Back!" 

Her dark, corrupted pacifier in her hand. 'Colonello, I'm sorry' She gasped as the pain doubled, her scar on her cheeks grew. The pacifier slowly glowed in bright blue and changed into the pacifer of the Rain Arcobaleno. 'Forgive me.... I don't think I can comply with your wishes.' 

The face of Colonello appeared in her mind. "It's your choice, either take that insult back to Colonello or die, Ginger Bread!" If the magician's doll had done any mistakes, was that he had riled up Lal Mirch, and underrestimated her. He snapped his finger and waited for his box weapon to kill Lal Mirch, but nothing happened.

The blue light slowly disappeared, but Lal Mirch was still alive there. "You're right, I'm a defective version" She spoke, surprising both Tsuna and the others and Ginger Bread. He snapped his fingers a few more times but nothing happened. 

"When I was infected with the incomplete curse, my constitution went through an abnormal transformation. Even the original energy wave flowing through my body was changed to the Mist and Cloud attributes. But this pacifier cannot be changed. This blue pacifier wasn't supposed to be Colonello's, it was supposed to be mine."

"It releases flames, in exchange for my life! The attribute is, Rain!" Blue, Dying Will Flame flared from her body. The spiders on her left arm slowly dropped onto the ground. The Rain's tranquility had stopped the activation of the sun attribute spiders from hatching and maturing. It wasn't a box weapon, but Lal Mirch herself, something that wouldn't happen to other people.

"An Arcobaleno's constitution differs from yours. This body burdened with this fate... No one could understand the agony and despair. Had I become an Arcobaleno back then, the damage to my soul would have caused me to choose the same path as Viper did in the end."

"But because Colonello was there... Because Colonello was there... I continued to live! It was because of him I continued to live" 'Colonello..' Tears started streaming down. 'Ever since you went away, I've felt nothing but regret!' She regretted not stopping him. She regretted everything. Her constant hope for him were nothing but impossible wishes. It pains her greatly that all she wanted to do was just rip out her own heart.

Colonello wasn't just a savior to her. He was...

She hooked her pacifier onto a string and looped it onto her neck. "Ginger... The one who is going to die is you!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After Lal Mirch's fight with Ginger Bread, with her as the victor, they had moved to destroy the surveillance system, which was successful. Tsuna had separated from them, replacing the worn and injured Lal Mirch as a decoy to hold back the enemies. 

He had fought with a few mosca and had defeated them with X Burner; Air. But, unfortunately(Or not) he had fell unconscious. Spanner, who was inside one of the mosca, was intrigued by his power, and his strength, had not killed him and brought him to his lab. 

Spanner had wanted to see the completed version of X Burner and had helped him. Tsuna was reluctant for him to but Reborn had ended up agreeing on it. Spanner then went to work and made a pair of contact lens for him, as a navigation and pointer for him when he wanted to use X Burner. Tsuna had trained himself by fighting moscas in this virtual space the man had created. 

That, which in turn, had labeled Spanner as the traitor. Iris and her servants, monster, was sent to kill both Tsuna and the traitor. Tsuna was disgusted at the fact that the shrewd woman had turned those once humans, into a mindless, senseless monster whom would only listen to her commands. And because of that, he had destroyed them, along with another three more vents with his completed X Burner.

The others, on the other hand, had encountered Baishana who was fighting with Nigella, someone from Black Spell. The latter was killed by the White Spell member in which, they had to fight him. Baishana fought with Ryohei and had lost. Apparently, he wasn't as strong as most would think. He turned out to be a coward and tried to run away when the tables turned, leaving his box weapon behind.

And then, they were promptly separated into two, again. Ryohei with Gokudera while Yamamoto with the unconscious Lal Mirch on his back.

The first group had then met Gamma and fought. Ryohei was defeated, in which Gokudera took over with his completed CAI system. He and Gamma fought tooth and nail. As for Yamamoto and Lal Mirch, they had met with a White Spell Milliefiore member, which turned out to be two instead of one. They were the Arachide Brothers. Of course, it was a tough fight but the baseball star won, nonetheless. He almost go on a full on brawl with Nosaru but the base were moved for the nth time.

As he ended up in a room full with water, he had met one of the Funeral Wreaths, Genkishi. The swordman's killer intent hurts much more than when Reborn had released his (Well, the Arcobaleno had go easy on him after all). When they fought, he had continuously using each of the Shigure Soen Ryu's form and was on the winning side.

Until, he was tricked by an illusion. The impact against the wall was so hard that it had rendered him immobile. Apparently, they weren't fighting in an open space, but one with randomly shaped and placed walls, all covered by Genkishi's mist flame. That had certainly injured him. Both physically and mentally. It frustrated him to no end but, he had lost.

Lal Mirch, whom had regained conscious, had tried to pull him away from Genkishi as the man prepared to kill him. She used his box weapon to pull him towards her, but it was a futile attempt because the men had cut her box weapon. She passed out once more as fatigue took over. 

Yamamoto knew at the point, that he was going to die. Tsuna, Reborn, Gokudera, Ryohei, the girls and the children had flashed in his mind. He had failed. 

Genkishi raised his sword up. "Vongola Rain Guardian. I will pay you my respect, by laying you to rest with my swords strongest attack. Farewell" He swung down his sword, but stopped short when the wall cracked, and crumbled down. His eyes widen as a certain man and a teen along with a large spinning ball of spikes appeared from it.

"Ah you, how convenient" The cloud attribute ring shattered. "The white round device should be right ahead, huh?" 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If there's anything Ryuuichi wanted to do, was to facepalm so hard that he would bruised himself. Despite knowing the grand entrance Hibari would make, he couldn't help but felt slightly embarrassed. 

"I'll ask you once more. Is the round, white device up ahead?" Hibari asked- no- demanded. "Vongola Cloud Guardian, Hibari Kyouya, huh?" He narrowed his eyes at that. Ryuuichi without a word walked towards Lal Mirch and inspected her. He knelt beside her as he watched the two's exchanges. Their surrounding turned into a forest looking one, as the teen whistled, impressed. Hibari's box weapon shrunk, and went back to it's box.

The Cloud guardian hummed. "It looks like you're a Mist Illusionist." Ryuuichi silently scoffed. "I don't hold a grudge against you personally, however, I despise illusionist. Therefore, I want to make you bow at my feet." He slid in a ring and flared it up. Ryuuichi blinked at the intensity of the flame. Perhaps his lost in the fight with Mukuro really scarred him so deep that he had built up a hatred towards those kind of people.

'How unsurprising...' 

"Hibari Kyouya. Rumour has it that you're the Vongola's strongest guardian. I'll see for myself if that's the truth or not." Genkishi declared. Hibari's smirk dropped when his flame waved a little, knowing something was coming directly at him. He jumped away split seconds before something hit him. He focused on his flame again, and had a shield up. 

Genkishi unsheathed two of his swords and rushed forward as Hibari landed onto the ground with grace. He stood up straight when the swordman suddenly disappeared. His flame flared bigger and raised his Cloud flame coated tonfa above his head. Genkishi's sword came in contact with the tonfa.

He was surprised that Hibari knew where he was coming to him as he widen his eyes. "I've learnt a lot about illusions. Since I hate them so much" Hibari's box weapon suddenly hit him out of nowhere, before it was torn apart. 

Genkishi jumped away and something black attached to his leg and hung him upside down. "I see. You're good. You could prove be a worthy rival" 

"I wonder about that.. You can't become a worthy rival that easily" Hibari's box weapon went back into it's box. "Are you even qualified for it? We'll see after I've undone your mist illusion." If Hibari have to say, there were only a handful of people whom he had deemed, and qualified as a rival to him. That teen's older version was, and still is one of them. 

He inserted his flame into two box as two hedgehog rushed out, hitting the wall of illusion. Hibari, on the other hand had rushed forward with his flame coated tonfa. "Your illusions uses the imagination in the mind to make it appear in real life" He jumped up the spiked clouds, towards where Genkishi was. "What if my attacks were to pressure you enough to break your concentration?"

He and Genkishi came in contact as the latter detached himself from the black thing to avoid a direct hit. The two fought up in the air. How they did it was a mystery.

On the ground, Ryuuichi had his sun attribute ring out as he tried to heal both Yamamoto and Lal Mirch. Really, having to heal two people at once was tiring. He believed that he won't have any more energy for later fights, if this keep up. Well, as if he was needed to fight. 

He watched the two men's fight, really, really taken away by the sight. Above them, Hibari's hedgehogs was tearing apart the illusion. The two exchanged a blow as they crossed path as Genkishi landed on the wall and Hibari landing on the ground near him. He was a little baffled about how he was that easily forgotten by the two man, slightly offended even. But he did nothing and continued on healing the two unconscious ones. 

"It seems it's starting to fall apart. This is your box weapon.." He looked up towards where Hibari was looking at, and saw things dropping out of it. He cringed in disgust, feeling his mild OCD case kicking up. He then saw those things formed a shape of a certain mollusks. Slug. How remarkably disgusting.

"Those are Spettro Nudibranchi. You're the first to see it's true form. And also the last human who ever will." Right, they were officially ignoring him. Great. Ryuuichi rolled his eyes but frowned at the sight of those slugs. His jaw dropped when they suddenly faced upright, and wiggling. They disappeared mid air as they were rushing towards Hibari. 

The man quickly slid in another ring, replacing the shattered one and jumped away with the help of his flaring flame. The impact was near Ryuuichi and the other two, but fortunately, the teen had a cloud flame shield up. He sighed in relief but still didn't drop the shield, for it hadn't end. 

Hibari's flame waved again and the two hedgehogs rushed in and acted as a shield for him before returning to its' boxes. "I get it now. You're using the ring's flame to act as a radar. By emitting the Cloud's flame as weak heat to the surroundings, you used the reflected vibrations to detect the position of the unseen Spettro Nudibranchi."

Ryuuichi sighed. 'No , Sherlock' He harden his stare on Hibari, knowing what he would do next. 'Hibari.......'

The man slid in three rings, and flared them up. "I'll bite you to death" Genkishi tensed up at the sight of Hibari using three cloud rings at once. 'What is he trying to do?'

Hibari inserted his flames into a box, forcing all of them into it. "It's difficult to inject a huge amount of flame into the box without killing it." The box started to glow and cracked. The box shattered and a hedgehog glowed on Hibari's hands. Hibird flew out from his pocket. 

"Reverse Needle Sphere" A sphere appeared, grew and engulfed both Genkishi and Hibari, leaving the teen and the two unconscious on outside, pushing the Spettro Nudibranchi away.

Ryuuichi sweated at the large sphere. Even though he knew that it was large, he had never expected it to be this large. He frowned at the sound of metal clashing together. 'Be careful, Hibari...' He looked up and saw Hibird flying about above the sphere, glanced back towards the sphere before down towards Yamamoto and Lal Mirch. He clicked his tongue, annoyed by the fact that he couldn't interfere.

'It's not that I wouldn't.... It's just that I can't......'

He hated it when all he can do was just spectate and watch his friends fighting and wounded. It reminded him of how useless he was, and still is. The memories of the time that she couldn't help him. 'If I did that time......' He gritted his teeth. His breathe suddenly hitched, his flames running low.

'Not yet...' He took deep breathes and waited. Even though it pains him, all he could now was just wait. (After all, he was not needed to interfere) 

He waited in silence until the sphere started to crack. '!' He pulled up the shield again as it started to crumble down. Dust flew about as a man stood, stumbling a little, Genkishi. 

Genkishi panted hard, thinking that he had killed the Vongola's Cloud Guardian. But how wrong was he. He snapped his head towards the coughing teen, narrowing his eyes. 'Since when was he there?'

Ryuuichi coughed again, waving the dust away. He cracked an eye open and sighed in relief for the other two were safe. He looked towards Genkishi and gave him an arched eyebrow. He paid not much heed to the man as Hibird suddenly sung the Namimori Middle School's athem. He watched as the bird flew down and landed on a finger. A smirk found it's way onto his lips. 'He's here'

A yawn was heard and the debris moved as a teen pushed himself up. "What a drag.... Who are you?" And in all his glory, the younger Hibari smirked, Hibird on his finger as his Vongola ring glinted. "Do you know what happen to someone who disturbs my sleep?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If there was one thing that Ryuuichi could never understand, was the fact that most of them liked to make grand entrances and/or attacks. He don't know how many times he had wanted to facepalm until his face caved in. Genkishi had made illusions-but-will-still-kill-you-illusions of booms, all targeted towards the younger Hibari as the whole place turned into another scenery. Perhaps it was one of their perks but he generally felt that illusionist likes to make everything very exaggerated.

Those boms turned invisible and rushed towards Hibari. It didn't hit him though, for a certain bomber's CAI system had helped him. Ryuuichi turned towards the direction of an amused scoff and blinked. 'Ah right. Yato.' "I've returned the favor. But I guess you wouldn't like it"

Kusakabe was holding up an unconscious Ryohei, and a heavily injured Gokudera. On his back, was Lambo and I-Pin. Chrome stood behind him with Mukurowl on her head. Ryuuichi, seeing that Lal Mirch and Yamamoto were already alright, rushed towards them. 

"Kyou-san!" Kusakabe gasped at the sight of the younger Hibari. 'His 10 years ago self?' Hibari narrowed his eyes and Genkishi was certainly not impressed, which in turn enraged Gokudera. "You, who are you calling fools-" The bomber winced at the pain despite the fact that Ryuuichi was healing him. "Shut up, Yato"

Ryuuichi helped him and Ryohei onto the ground, glancing towards Chrome who were panting from fatigue. "-ch.." He knew that he wouldn't last long enough to help them both. A hand pushed his away from Gokudera's shoulder. "R-ryuuichi.. D-don't...." He frowned at the bomber. "But-" He gritted his teeth.

He turned back towards Hibari and Genkishi, giving a glare to the latter. 

"Kusakabe Tetsuya" The said man flinched at the venom dripping voice. "How dare you make a crowd in front of me? I want you to withdraw from the Disciplinary Committee" Ryuuichi sighed at that. "Now's not the time, Hibari" The glare were then directed towards him but he simply shrugged it.

"Kyou-san, use the ring flame! Counterattack him with your box!" Hibari twitched a little. "The ring flame? Box?" 

"That's right! The ring flame!" "I don't know what the box you're talking about is. However" Despite the fact that Kusakabe had somewhat one way or another gave him order, he briefly remembered a certain mafia boss telling him about the flame. Dino had brief him about the Bronco pestering him and nagging him about the importance of the ring in future mafia battle, this and that and blah blah blah. 

Even though he didn't want to keep the ring, nor that he needed it, that damned Bronco had forced him to keep it. Though, it did intrigued him that such a simple thing could hold such power. He stared at the ring, and slowly, it glowed in bright purple.

Cloud flame flared brightly from the ring, making most of them gasp. He looked towards the children. (Despite the fact that he was a demon, he would still care about those innocent-yet-not-so-innocent child) "There was no need for you people to come" (Ryuuichi snickered at that.)

"Kyou-san, the box! Focus the flames into the thing close to your feet!" He grunted. "Since when are you allowed to give me orders, Kusakabe Tetsuya. I definitely must bite you to death first" But despite that, it was somewhat an empty threat. Even he knew that this wasn't the time for all this.

Something invisible had hit him. Fortunately, he had blocked it just in time after Chrome's warning. But then, she collapsed, fatigue finally took over. It irked Hibari that these people had helped him. He didn't need their help, nor will he ever. 

"Comrades? Who are those?" His sharp grey eyes narrowed at Genkishi. His flame flared even more, annoyance and anger filling him up. "It's just as the Bronco said, to increase the size of the flame, is the same as..." 

'Wait for it...' Ryuuichi grinned.

"Be pissed off" He burst out laughing so hard that he ended up rolling on the floor. Genkishi and Kusakabe was baffled. Ryuuichi hit the ground a few times, trying to control his laughter as his whole body shook. Perhaps to others, that would be wrong. But if one understood and knew Hibari for a long time, they would know that the prefect's resolutions hid in his irritation and anger. As the aloof, drifting cloud whom no one could bind, nor stop, what he felt irritating would be the core to lit up his determination to destroy it.

'But still....' Ryuuichi laughed again.

Hibari picked up the Box from the ground. "Vice-Chairman. I'll defeat the swordman first. I'll trust your advice. I've seen how it's conducted" He injected the flame into the box, surprising both Kusakabe and Genkishi. It was the first time they've seen such a powerful flame being injected into a box weapon before. For Genkishi, despite it being the second, it was much more impressive than when the older Hibari had done.

The box shook, and a hedgehog dropped out of the ground. 

'That's... Kyou-san's original hedgehog cloud box. B-but...' The hedgehog tried to stood but fell back down. 'W-what on earth is this? C-could it be that the hedgehog is having trouble consuming such a huge amount of flame? No way.. Our final ray of hope' 

Ryuuichi was squealing internally at the cute little animal, though he kept a indifferent face outside. He finally snapped out of it when Hibari knelt down, and reached out a hand towards it. "Oh crap" He quickly grabbed Gokudera and slung him onto his back, and hurriedly grabbed both Lal Mirch and Yamamoto. He ushered Kuasakabe to grab the rest, making him confused. 

"Just grab them-!" He turned around when he heard the shriek of the hedgehog, and paled at the speed of it propagating. "Hurry up!! It's going berserk!!!" He quickly ran towards the exit with Kusakabe behind him, spheres of sharp spikes behind them. 

"Hibari! Dammit just it up and let's go!!" One of the sphere had pierced through a wall, creating a path for them. They quickly ran into a large space, Hibari had helped Ryuuichi by carrying Gokudera, much to his chagrin. 

"I never expected, one day I'd have to run away with the tail between my legs" Ryuuichi couldn't help but scoffed.

"So you wanna die in there?" He laughed out loud despite the situation they were in but stopped short when the exit were sealed. The entrance too.

"We've been trapped." The wall suddenly enclosed on them, moving closer and closer. "At this rate, we'll be crushed to death" It was a trap. Ryuuichi knew about it though, and that they wouldn't die. That's for sure.

He knelt down and gave the two children a kind smile. "Don't worry. We won't die" That, for some reason, had calmed them down a little. Somehow, he gave out a comforting aura that promised them that he will protect them. They quickly clung onto his trousers as he had told them too and quickly moved back until their backs hit the wall.

There's no escape at all. Ryuuichi frowned. He knew that they wouldn't die, but he didn't know what would happen next. He caught something through the corner of his eyes and looked towards the edge of the room. Gas were sprayed out as he quickly covered his nose and mouth.

'Ahh... So that's how' And then, he fell unconscious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"If only I've never met you before..."

'I'm sorry.... If only I just try harder to help you.....'

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-Bonus-

Reborn let out about one eight of his killer intent. "Giannini......" The said engineer flinched and started shaking, hard. He fell out of his chair and shrieked. "R-r-reborn-san! W-w-wait- I- He- W-" 

A sadistic smirk tugged on the Arcobaleno's lips. Leon changed into a gun and was on his hand. His eyes were shadowed by his fedora and his gun glinted.

When he lifted up his head, the engineer eyes widen in fear at the black orbs that were staring down at him, full with painful promises. 

"Welcome to hell~"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= I apologize for such a boring chapter but I didn't know how to skip all those. It felt a bit weird if I did.

The next chapter might be the last one for this arc, before I continue on with the next one, The Arcobaleno Trial Arc. 

The she was Ryuuichi's past self, and he, well, I might reveal it later on. It wasn't anything major tho. I had just put it in. Oh and it's related to the last one. And like I've said, it is nothing major so don't brood over it too much. That was just a small part, and cause to Ryuuichi's personality. A very tiny one. 

Again, I apologize for this chapter. The next one would be longer, and well, Ryuuichi-centric again.

[I apologize for any grammars, spellings, etc.etc. mistakes]