Planning With Hope

Second Life

Ryuuichi tried to resist the urge to scream in frustration. Really, he did tried. But he still did

He panted for a moment before realizing that his right hand's knuckles were bleeding. 'Ah.' He had punched the wall to vent it out before he had the time to stop himself. He didn't even managed to register that the wall is hard as hell. He winced and pulled away. He rubbed his knuckles and faced the two highly amused men again, or, one men and an infant. 

"You want me to what again?" 

Bermuda chuckled. "I want you to join us, Ryuuichi-kun." Ryuuichi ruffled his hair in annoyance and glared at the infant. (He was a bit pissed that he couldn't see the rest of the fight.) "No thanks. I've no interest in going along with your plans against Checkerface."

His goosebumps appeared when the infant chuckled again, eerily cheerful for his own good. "Too bad, I won't take no for an answer" A chain suddenly, in a blink of an eye, shot towards him. Ryuuichi cursed out loud and tried to dodge, but it was too fast and it impaled onto his side. He choked as pain shot across his being. 

"Don't worry. Jager didn't hit any of your vital organs. We still need you to be alive after all." 

He jerked and screamed when the chain was pulled out suddenly. He heaved, trying to calm himself down as he clutched his bleeding side. He sneered. "By injuring them? What a brilliant plan." He summoned his sun flames, but he was sure that he definitely needed some medical attention. He rather not get an infection and he couldn't summon his flames more than he expected due to blood lost.

He was getting light headed as he peered down to the pool of blood beneath him. He grimaced and looked back at the infant sitting on Jager's shoulder. 

"My answer will still be no, Bermuda. We may be allied in another word, but currently, I'm under Reborn and Tsuna. Whatever their decision is, I will follow theirs." He snorted a little. "And even so, I'll never help you to go against Checkerface just because of your stupid revenge and hatred. Goddamn move on"

He tensed up again when he literally felt Bermuda's crazy grin underneath his bandages. 'Oh srejiwohit'

(He decided there and then, that he was an idiot for letting his guard down even the slightest.)

------------------------------------------------------------

"I've decided, Bermuda. I'm going to follow Tsuna. Negotiations are over" 

Bermuda laughed at Reborn's answer. "You're really something, Reborn-kun. To think that you put so much work into Sawada Tsunayoshi" A killer intent was released almost immediately. "You think you're going to get out with that answer?"

"You think we can't leave on our own?" Tsuna challenged back. "If you don't accept our conditions there's no reason to let you live. Stay back, Bermuda" "Leave it to me, Reborn" Both the infant on their shoulder jump off to give those two space, and in not more than a minute, they started.

Everything happened in a blur and before they knew it, Tsuna was hit. Though, a large, black panther managed to catch Tsuna by his mouth before he crash into the ground and create a crater. Their fight stop short when another panther, a white one, stepped in.

On top of the white panther was a bleeding profusely Ryuuichi, pale as he smiled weakly at a rather surprised Tsuna and Reborn. He had one eye closed, his forehead cut open and his abdomen was practically leaking blood like a broken dam.

"My. I'm quite surprised that you still can move that much, Ryuuichi-kun." The said teen glared at Bermuda, with annoyance and anger. (His own pride was wounded badly.) "I'm surprised that you are still oh so arrogant after being denied." He snapped back.

"We're leaving, Bermuda" His voice was hard. Bermuda chuckled, but there was a sharp edge in it. "Of course." The infant turned to Reborn and Tsuna. "Reborn-kun, I'm giving you time to reflect since it's clear as day that both you and the boy doesn't understand the situation. I want you to consider once again the possibility of becoming my ally. I'll listen to your answer when the next representative battle starts. I'm very much sure we will meet again. Since you're smart and I think you already understand, but let me tell you.

"But it's already too late. Whether you accept my invitation or not, you're going to burn in hell."

He then turn to Ryuuichi again. "I laud you, Ryuuichi-kun, for you are very stubborn."

The said teen snarled. "And I laud you for being such an ." Bermuda chuckled again, amused this time. "The exit is there. Just pass through the flames. See you" And he and Jager disappeared.

Ryuuichi, once clear, he promptly leaned onto Shiro's neck, weakly tugging at her fur. He was getting more lightheaded as second passed and he was so sure that he would collapse if Bermuda stayed any longer. (He had not want to do that in front of the infant) He could barely heard Tsuna and Reborn's concerned voice before he out as Shiro started moving.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Why does the star shine? Why does the sun rise? And why does the moon appear?"

"To bring a new beginning"

The soft rustling and constant beeps were the first thing he noticed. His eyelids felt so heavy and the urge to just sleep again was high, but there was something at the back of his mind told him not to, nagging, even. He almost wanted to scowl at it, his fingers unconsciously twitched. 

His eyes shifted as he willed them to open with much reluctant. He was not mused, however, when he was greeted with bright light. He groaned and closed them in reflex before opening them again, blinking a few times to get his eyes adjusted. 

He felt as though his whole head was wrapped by cloth since he couldn't clearly hear what was going on. Or perhaps it was just his brain gearing up to get his whole nerve system to function. Or he was under anesthetic. Definitely that. "Hey, Ryuuichi. Are you alright? Wait I'll call the doctor."

A rather familiar face popped into his view as he tried to register who it was.

Ah. Dino.

Why was Dino here? Then again, where was he in the first place? A moment later, another man who he presumed was the doctor came. The doctor checked a few things and asked him a few questions and what else it totally slipped his mind because seriously, he felt as though he just woke up from a thousand years slumber. It was hard enough for him to function well right after waking up, what made them think he could do any better right now?

Once the doctor was gone, since that nothing much was wrong with him, he looked back up at Dino. That was when he realized there was an IV drip. He was poked with a bloody needle. Without him knowing. The miniature him inside his mind winced at that, but he had this confused look outwardly.

"How are you feeling?" The blonde took a seat on the plastic chair beside his bed, looking rather concern. Too concern. The way he scrunched his eyebrows made Ryuuichi wonder if he would get wrinkles from that. He nodded. "Where?" Okay, he did not just sounded like a frog. Fine. He did. He grimaced, finding it so familiar with the first time he managed to land himself in the hospital as well.

"Namimori Hospital. Shamal was away, so Tsuna and Reborn brought you here. You were badly injured, with two broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, a stab wound on the abdomen just missing the vital organs by a few inches and quite a deep cut on the forehead." Dino's voice came out a bit shaky as he recalled what the doctor had filled him in.

'Of course. The hospital. Where else would I be when I'm half dead.' He mused dryly. Memories of his fight with Bermuda and Jager replayed in his mind like a broken record. More like, it was him dodging Jager's attack and failing pretty much. And damn, did Bermuda know how to annoy him. (He was pretty sure the infant, at some point, managed to accuse him of breaking the goddamn Oath when Bermuda was the one who seemed to be breaking it.) 

"What happened?" Ryuuichi subconsciously tilted his head more to the man at the desperate voice. "You're very strong, Ryuuichi. What happened?"

"Reborn told me that it had something to do with the Vindice, but he himself didn't know what happened." He glanced away for a moment before opening his mouth.

"Bermuda and Jager happened" He said after clearing his throat. He grunted and sighed. "Tried to make me on their team, rejected him, he went his merry way." Well, he couldn't exactly remember much because he was for sure having blood deficiency and his mind wasn't exactly that clear. 

"What?! Wasn't the Vindice under the oath of not injuring the Historian?!" He could literally see Dino planning to destroy Vindice in his mind, so he quickly interfered. "Ah, but we met up not as the Historian nor the Mafia Police. We met up as ourselves." There was a difference in that, and he wasn't going to bring all those up. Their oath was still intact, that's for sure. It was quite clear between both parties that what they did involves nothing of their oath and stuff.

"And no. The Vindice and the Historian wasn't under the oath of that. The oath was more towards duties. Wait," He raised an eyebrow at Dino, or he tried to. He ended up looking weirdly at the blonde. "How the hell did you know of the Oath between the Vindice and the Historian?"

He narrowed his eyes when Dino sweated and looked away, visibly flinching at some point. "W-wellll, I researched...?" He rolled his eyes and sighed. "Did my parents and Yuuichi knew?"

Dino shook his head, much to his relief. "Sakura and Kei are working, so it's best not to disturb them. They can be quite scary when they're working." He laughed nervously. "As for your brother, Tsuna told him that you're staying at Kyouya's at the moment."

"Hahh..." 

Ryuuichi huffed, flexing his fingers. "Um, Ryuuichi?" He hummed, indicating that he was listening. "Tsuna planned to take back your battler's watch." He raised an eyebrow as Dino quickly explained.

"Not because of anything, it's just that-"

"Tsuna had told you of his plan." He plainly said and groaned. "How long have I being unconscious?" 

"Not more than 24 hours. Your wounds were mostly healed when you reached the hospital since your white panther kept pumping sun flames into your body until she was forced to let Tsuna take you for blood transfusion. You did lost quite a lot of blood- Wait how did you know of Tsuna's plan?"

"I just do." He looked around and couldn't seem to notice any of his box weapons' presence. They're nowhere near him. Then again, how did Kuro and Shiro grow so big? (All he knew was blacking out for one second and the next, two huge panthers standing in front of him and one of them picked him up. Literally.) "If you're looking for them, they're with Tsuna's." He nodded. If Tsuna wasn't here, then he probably was going to confront Reborn.

"Do you guys not have enough battler's watch?" Dino blinked at the sudden question.

"We do have enough, but since you're this injured.." 

"Then I'm keeping it." "What?!" Ryuuichi tilted his head to look directly into Dino's eyes. "I said I'm keeping it. I will fight as well."

"But you're-!" "Yes, I'm injured, and it hurt as hell. But I'm healing. Why do you think my flames are lit?" Dino looked down at Ryuuichi's right hand and was surprised that his ring was glowing slightly in yellow. Since when did the teen started? He didn't even notice.

"It's not as though I'll do much. But," He shuddered at the murderous glint in Ryuuichi's eyes. "I've quite some bones to pick with Bermuda and Jager."

(He was discharged right a few hours after that with little to no problem. Much to the doctor and nurses surprise.)

------------------------------------------------------------

A shudder ran down Reborn's spine as he listened to Tsuna's rage, his student's heart. The fact that the wimpy brunette he had tutored wasn't gone, but simply gained a back bone and unwavering resolve was absolutely satisfying yet dreadful. His student grow fast. Faster than he had ever expected and yet, too fast for his liking. He is proud of him and of what he did, and that will never change.

However, the mere thought of the brunette risking his life for the Arcobaleno's, Reborn's life, it just shook him to the core. Not that he will ever admit. When he had taken up this profession as a hitman, when he decided to kill, he had knew that he would die not of old age, but murdered. (Deep in him, he hates the thought of dying in the hands of an enemy, or death in general. But he's a hitman.) He knew, that the day he leave this world will come. And if he were to bring his student along with him, he'll be damned.

"I definitely won't let you die."

God, please, no. 

(Don't take this sky away, no. Don't.)

He faked asleep, eyes closed but shadowed by his fedora. He waited until Tsuna walked away before plucking away the fake bubble. He smiled wryly, but he honestly had a whirlpool of turmoil in him. Half of him screamed to go with Tsuna's plan, and the other half just wants him to not get the brunette more involved. For the first time, he had no idea what to do

"Yo." He turned around, face solemn from all the thinking after a long period of time to glance a certain teen. "What are you doing out of the hospital?" He watched the teen carefully sat down on the stairs, not on the previous spot Tsuna had sat, Reborn's right. He wondered if that was intentional, or it was simply just a coincidence.

"I'm alright." He raised an eyebrow when Ryuuichi patted his abdomen, right on the spot where his wound should be. Honestly, Reborn wasn't that much surprised when Ryuuichi looked unscathed like he hadn't almost died just hours ago.

"Why are you crying?" Reborn was taken aback by the sudden question. Cry? Was he? He definitely wasn't. He hadn't cried for years, and probably wouldn't for years to go, if he had any left, that is.

"Your eyes weren't injured, were they, Ryuuichi?" The said teen rolled those said eyes and made his question clearer. "I don't mean outright crying. I meant you're crying inside."

He didn't even took a peek at Reborn's widen eyes. No, he simply just stare ahead, looking at the small town. He tilted his head slightly, intertwining his fingers together as he spoke again, not waiting for an answer. "Well, you don't have to answer that. But you know, it's not good to always bottle things up"

"... Speak for yourself, Ryuuichi" He chuckled at that, not even the slightest offended. "Ah, I never claimed that I wasn't a hypocrite." He smiled. "Still, try to open up more."

Silence fell as Reborn didn't reply. Ryuuichi didn't expect him to be anyway. He knew just how hard it was for someone to fully open up. He knew very well.

"You're still in this battle?" Ryuuichi blinked. He looked down to the battler watch on his left and nodded. "Yeah." "Even if the outcome will be the same?" Ryuuichi laughed. Reborn gave him a look as he tried to tone down his laughter before fully stopping after a minute or so, lips tugged upwards.

"Oh, Reborn. Who knows what will happen in the future. Who knows what outcome will pop out and jump scare the living shifdhit out of us." Reborn cracked a smile.

(Moments later, Tsuna who had just finished discussing with Yamamoto and Gokudera, wondered where was Ryuuichi.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi rubbed his left wrist absentmindedly, not used to the lack of a watch on his wrist as Kuro and Shiro purred on his lap, sleeping. Sora was somewhat, conversing with Roll? How was that possible, Ryuuichi didn't know. Hibari had perched himself on the roof, but not before plopping Sora, Kuro and Shiro on his lap. He didn't placed Roll with him, just that the hedgehog had stuck himself on Sora's head. Figuratively.

Speaking of his battler watch, he gave it to Tsuna to be kept as they have a meeting. He peered around and glanced at the men and other teens Tsuna had gathered as the brunette explained. He wasn't exactly listening, so he merely observed the others. It was quite amusing how their stoic face twitched slightly and the whole expression somehow switched from amusement to seriousness. 

"Because there's no hope of victory at all." Ryuuichi finally turned to Tsuna, watching those brown eyes glinting in slight orange. "The fact that all of you came here for me, as well.. I think Reborn would surely be against it if he knew. Of course, that's not unreasonable. This fight is too dangerous." He smiled at that. 

Enma chuckled. "But Tsuna-kun, your face doesn't say that there's no hope of victory." "Seriously, It's a face that show no intention of losing." "It's time like this that Tsunayoshi-kun is scary."

"What are you planning, spill it."

Tsuna felt an overwelming warmth from them. Even if they didn't outright say it, it was settled that they're following his plans this time. Not for his sake, but for their companions'. But it still doesn't fail to make him absolutely glad despite his fears for them.

"I haven't settled on the details, but I've decided on one thing so far. This time, we'll go offensive!"

(Ryuuichi smiled and relaxed slightly. Might not be the best thing to do in a room full of powerful mafiaso, but he trust them. Kuro, Shiro and Sora looked up to him as they felt his flames humming. Noticing this, he smiled at them and pet each and one of them on the head.

Hibari, on the rooftop, peered at the smiling teen who didn't notice his stare. His eyes narrowed at the small bandage on his forehead. From what he had heard from the Bronco, Ryuuichi had healed himself despite being flame depletion. Not all of his wounds were healed. Something bubbled in Hibari at that thought, the urge to bite someone to death rose, especially towards the Vindice.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= Ehhh, why do I felt that there's so much plot holes and all in this chapter? And sorry, I kind of skipped a lot of interesting parts because frankly, I've no idea why. Chapter 381 to 392.

MY EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LET ME GO CRAZY FOR A MOMENT HERE

XDD

I was thinking that Ryuuichi really needed to be heavily injured after all these chapters of him little to no injuries at all. The last time I had him injured was in Kokuyo Arc and, that was like 30 plus chapters back????

So here. A heavily injured Ryuuichi. So like, I have not much idea how Jager fully fights and how Bermuda is, I didn't elaborate. Help. I'm bad at that. And I'm really really bad at their personalities. Like, how????? How I see it was Bermuda is a revenge maniac who in the end protects the pacifiers and Jager as a lost puppy of Bermuda's.

I've a thing with separate entities. (NOT disoriented identities. Nope. Different!) I don't know why. Why exactly? I'm practically obsessed with those kind of stuff.

Fun Fact= The phrase 'Don't take this sky away, no. Don't' was originally 'Don't take my sky away. Please, no'. Then I realized that it was sort of possessive and it was leaning to R27. Don't get me wrong, I love R27. But, I'm still not sure whether their relationship should be parental, platonic, or romance. Thoughts? Anyone?

Fun Fact= Kuro, Shiro and Sora can turn big or into an adult for a moment, similar the time when Uri was thrown into Garyuu's pouch and literally grew into a cheetah, yeah. Their combat form, well, probably there won't be any other than that. Damn. I'm still not sure...?

Okay, there's nothing more important after this, but let me rant here.

There was this project that I needed to do, and there's two teachers who handle this project. And apparently, since I took this particular subject as an extra, I would have to do it on my own. I don't mind that. But then, when I passed the project up, I passed it to one of the teachers, who wasn't exactly the one handling it but damn. AND THEN, just a few moments ago, the other teacher messaged me about the project, asking whether had I passed it up or not, I said I did, yesterday, to the one I mentioned earlier. I replied the teacher not more than two to four minutes after the message and there was no reply back.

I'M FRIGGING DYING IN WORRY AND SHEWREIT. TEACHER, TELL ME THAT YOU HAD SEEN MY MESSAGE BECAUSE I FRIGGING DON'T WANT TO FAIL ON IT. I SPEND A LOT OF ENERGY, TIME AND BRAIN CELLS ON IT SO PLEASE JUST END MY WORRIES NOW GAWD.

Okay.

I still can't calm down.

EWAVFHEIAFHDSIJFDS. *huffs*

AND APPARENTLY MY MESSAGE WAS 'SEEN'.

Okay someone please kill me for a moment.

LOL joke. orz..

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc. etc. mistakes]