Trial

Second Life

"Do it! Do it! Do it!" Tsuna's eyes widen, images flashed in his mind vividly.

"Just spare my life! If I die.. My kid.. My wife" A man surrounded by bloodied bodies plead, but was shot to death in the end. 

'What is this? These images are flowing directly into my head'

"Get revenge!" Buildings on fire. "Get them!" A car blowing up. "Wipe them out!" Men in black. 

'What? What is this?' 

"These are the sins of the Vongola" An almost invisible man with orange mask appeared, follow by nine more, all wearing orange, flaming masks. "Murder, Revenge, Betrayal." One of them started. "The endless pursuit of political power. The history of Vongola Mafia."

"One who holds Vongola's Sky Ring. Do you have the resolution?" Another one continued, making the brunette turned towards him. "The determination to inherit these sin?" Another said. The images flashed again in his mind, the pleads and cries for mercy, the demands for their loved ones and their scream upon death. All were too cruel. Tears ran down his cheeks as he clutched his head. 

"These are the sins carried by the Vongola."

"This is the Vongola's history"

"Do not avert your eyes from the truth" "Accept the truth" "You had better have the resolution" "You'd best have the determination to inherit these sins" He couldn't take it anymore. The death, the blood, the demands, all of them. 

"No... Stop..." He sobbed. "Stop it!!" He shouted til the ones outside the sphere could here. All of them were getting more anxious, waiting and not losing hope. 

"Stop... Stop it!" 

"Do not avert your eyes. This is the fate of those who would succeed the Vongola. This is the very reason that you have life." More tears ran.

"No.. I can't do these terrible things!"

"You can't attain the power without paying the proper price" "If you want great power, you must have the resolve to succeed this great history"

Great? How great was it? It certainly wasn't in Tsuna's eyes. "Great history? That's what you call this?" He shut his eyes close tightly. "I don't want the power to do this!" His mother's bright smile appeared, Lambo and I-pin fighting over a piece of cookie, Bianchi and her poison cooking, Fuuta humming while reading his ranking book, Haru, Yamamoto, Gokudera, Onii-san, and Kyoko-chan. The ever so bright Kyoko-chan, suddenly sadden by what had happened.

"Don't try to act so noble" He remembered Reborn had once said. "You're not capable of being a hero. Returning everyone to the pass? Enduring training to defeat the enemy? Such noble ideals aren't really like you. Your feelings back then were much more simple. When you first lit the ring, what did you want to do?"

He wanted to simply protect Kyoko-chan. He want to protect everyone. "No.. I thought I could do anything to protect everyone. But I.. I don't want this kind of power!" He declared, surprising the masked men. 

"If you're going to make me succeed all of these mistaken action, I'll destroy the Vongola!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Upon the declaration, Ryuuichi smirked. He was standing by the sideline in the dark void, looking at the succession to the sin of the ones whom wore the ring. He was suddenly here when he had a mild headache, and had witnessed what had happened. They couldn't see him and hadn't notice him.

He smirk dropped into a soft smile as Tsuna had collapsed onto a pair of arms. It was the Ninth boss of Vongola, smiling warmly at the brunette. The darkness brighten up into the color of the clear blue sky. Timoteo moved away into line, as Tsuna gasp and Ryuuichi was amazed at the sight.

The Vongola crest glowed on the ground in front of him as seven men and a woman lined up with one sitting on a throne-like chair. A man that looked distantly like Xanxus, Secondo, his orange flame lit up on his palm. The next one, Terzo, had his knife lit up. Quarto, his fork. Quinto, his Katar. Sesto, his boomerang. Settime, his gun. Ottavo, her crossbow. And Nono, his cane.

Lastly, the one sitting on the throne stood up, his glove with a Roman one lit up with bright Sky flame, Vongola Primo, who looked like Tsuna minus the colour of his hair. 

Primo spoke. "I accept your determination. A portion of our time carved into the ring. Prosper or Ruin; Do as you wish, Vongola Decimo"

"We've been waiting for you." Primo whispered. The flames from the bosses got larger and the crest beneath him glowed brighter. The bosses surrounding him in circle turned into orange flame. "You will succeed the mark of Vongola" Tsuna heard as a bright light over took his vision. 

The sphere cracked, before finally breaking up apart. In all his glory to the others, he appeared in his Hyper Dying Will Mode. His X-Glove turned into X-Glove Version Vongola Ring.

He had overcome it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the bright light dispersed, Ryuuichi was still in the darkness, alone where the bosses and Tsuna had gone. 'Now.. Why was I witnessing that...'

He jumped when flames of different element appeared, surrounding him in circle with the orange on in front of him. "Shiroki Ryuuichi" He frowned as the first Generation of Vongola Familgia appeared. He looked at all of them, noting that the Cloud Guardian was somehow staring at him, not even bothering to hide it. 

He turned back towards Vongola Primo, or Giotto as the matter of fact, and gave him a hesitate nod. ".... Um.."

Dark brown orbs met bright orange as he and Giotto locked eyes for almost a minute with the latter trying to read him. He almost jumped away when Giotto raised his pointer finger onto his forehead and it glowed in orange flame. He made a puzzled noise, feeling tired. "We shall begin the trial" 

And the last thing he heard before darkness took over again, was "We hope the best for you"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"No reason to be disappointed. I hear Sky Boxes exists, too." Hibari stated. His hedgehog had went back to the box after defeating Tsuna's as he, without anything else, walked towards the unconscious teen, promptly stopping the 'spar'. He had noticed that the teen wasn't conscious in the middle of it, which was also why he had stopped. 

He crouched down and placed a hand on the teen's. Wordlessly, he hoisted Ryuuichi up bridal-style, walked out of the training room and headed to the teen's room, passing by Yamamoto whom had came to look for Reborn. It wasn't common for Ryuuichi to be unconscious, or asleep in the middle of something but it does happen, which is why Hibari wasn't panicking. (As for the others, they did not say anything as they knew that Hibari knew what to do, and that he will never harm him)

He had gently placed Ryuuichi on his bed when he stirred, grunting lightly. "Hi..Bari.." He sat down beside him and hummed in question. Ryuuichi covered his eyes with his hands and groaned, staying silent for a few minute. 

"Did...... You know?" The Cloud Guardian raised an eyebrow but said nothing. "About my memories...." He frowned. What memories?

"No" Ryuuichi sighed, had already expecting the answer. He peered at the man through the gap between his fingers before closing them. "What is it?" 

"It's nothing" 

Hibari was irritated at the answer. He knew that it isn't 'nothing'. He'd rather die than beliving that it was 'nothing'. The bed creaked at the movement. He grabbed the teen's wrist and pulled it above his head. He was hovering above Ryuuichi as he pinned him down.

'Oh ..' Ryuuichi struggled a little before giving up upon the tightening grip on his wrist and the legs that was on his. He had no chance to escape after all. He looked up right into the grey orbs, not backing down despite he was in such a disadvantaged state. Hibari twitched at it, growling as he demanded him to tell him. "Not now, Hibari" They engaged into a staring contest before Hibari gave up. Read. GAVE UP.

He flopped down beside the teen on his back gracefully and pulled the teen nearer him, keeping a vice grip on the waist instead of the wrist.

Ryuuichi was getting deja vu. This was the second time. He tried to get out but it was a futile attempt. Then, he promptly sighed and shifted closer to the man. Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. (As if)

Hibari waited til the teen's breathing even out and was asleep before cracking an eye open. He scoffed a small laughter at the quite adorable sight. He had a soft smile on and closed his eyes, slowly drifted into slumber.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lambo-chan!! Please come out and wear your clothes!!" Ryuuichi heard Haru's voice and turned around, a large water bottle in hand with a towel around his neck, still in his archery uniform. He was going to the kitchen to fill up his water bottle when he heard the girl's shout. 

"Haru?" The said girl's hair was damp and not tied up like she usually would. She would looked.. Tempting to most guys but not to Ryuuichi. He used to be a after all (How many times have this sentence repeated in this story?)

Haru blinked. "Ryuuichi-san! Hello!" She gave him a bright smile which he returned with his own soft one. "Hello. Are you looking for Lambo?" She nodded.

"Yes! Have you seen him? He needs to wear his clothes before he catches a cold" She held up the child's clothes as a proof. Ryuuichi merely chuckled. Perhaps Lambo had declared loudly about the appendages to Tsuna, Yamamoto and Reborn. "No. But I know where he is. Shall I show you to him?" 

They walked side by side with him leading to the kitchen with the occasion small talks with Haru. "Hey, Haru" 

"Yes?"

"If there's anything bothering you, you can always tell me. I'll help you" Haru was surprised at the sudden words. She hadn't expect him to say something like that, much less to a girl. She flushed a little when the teen faced her and winked. "And by anything, I meant including 'that'." She hit him at the back when he laughed loudly.

"H-how did you know about those stuff!" Ryuuichi hummed. "Well, basically most people at this age knows about that, save for those who lives under a rock. And besides," He gave her a side way look and a smirk. "It wasn't something foreign to me" He went into the kitchen snickering, not giving her a chance to say anything more. 

Haru found it very, very strange. The last one was the weirdest. But, nonetheless, the fact that there's someone willing to listen to her made her felt more relaxed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"... Kyoko?" 

The said girl jumped and whirled around, hands clutched near her heart. "A-ah! Ryuuichi-kun!" She took a few deep breathe to calm down.

Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow at Kyoko's action and frowned. "Is there anything wrong?" He asked, pushing her to sit down on a chair despite her protest. He pulled another chair and sat down in front of her.

Kyoko shook her head. "No....." She squirmed under the pressure of the stare Ryuuichi had gave. He knew that she was lying and he wouldn't back down until she told him. Kyoko knew that too, but she still tried to escape. She gave him a fake but bright smile. 

"There's nothing wrong, really!" Ryuuichi didn't like it. He never liked anyone he cares about (Even those whom he never really talk much to) faking a smile and hiding whatever was bothering them. It reminded him of his past self. Then again, wasn't he the same now? But still. "Kyoko" He said sternly, making her drop it.

"...... It's just that... Tsuna-kun and the others are hiding something...." He inwardly sighed. So it was about this. "So you felt left out..?" A nod.

"Kyoko.... It's not your fault that you're feeling like that. If it's anyone, they certainly would too. Besides, Tsuna and the others should've told you and Haru..." Ryuuichi huffed. "Don't worry. Tsuna will tell you soon. So, please be patient til then, alright?" He gave her a soft smile as they locked gaze.

Kyoko nodded slowly. Ryuuichi's dark brown eyes gave her the reassurance and vibe of an older brother or sister. For some reason, he made her feel that she can always rely on him if she has any problem. The same feeling that Hana, whom had the older and protective sister's vibe, and Ryohei.

"What about you, Ryuuichi-kun?" Ryuuichi blinked in surprised. "When will you tell us your's?" It was shocking that Kyoko realized that he was hiding things from all of them. Tsuna and the others' were understandable because of his involvement and knowledge and all, but not Kyoko.

He smile turned loop-sided as he hummed. "Not now, but probably soon."

Soon

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The creak of the stretching bow did not hinder Ryuuichi's concentration as he narrowed his eyes on the target. Two arrows rested on the bow before flying off as he released it. One of the arrows hit the target while the other had went off a little. He twitched at that and reached for another two arrows.

He did the same thing as before, shifting the angles til he deemed it was fine and released. This time, both hit the targets. He looked at his gloved hand before taking it off. He slid in the ring he had in his pocket and lit it up, purple flame flaring. A sudden annoyance hit him, resulting the flame grew bigger. His fingers moved, creating and molding the shape of an arrow and made two arrows out of flame. 

He position the arrows on the bow again, flame still flaring on his ring, and released. For some reason, the purple flaming arrows flared even more a second before it hit the targets, successfully burning it. '!' The impact was somehow stronger than he had expected, resulting a small tremor. It would probably be stronger if there weren't those.. Coating on the walls.

He sweated at the still burning targets, wondering what should he do. 'Can it be extinguished by water..?' He turned around when he heard the door opening and closing, and saw Yamamoto. 

"Geh!" 

"Yamamoto? What are you doing here?" He blinked, ignoring the fire. Yamamoto laughed nervously, couldn't believe that Ryuuichi had ignored the fire. "H-hahaha- Umm.. Ryuu? The fire?"

"Ah. Right"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, what's up?" Ryuuichi asked, wiping his forehead. The fire was finally extinguished after quite a while. Please don't ask how they did it. 

"Well, I'm taking a break from training as Kozo had told me too" He nodded. That explained why he was wearing his kendo's uniform. Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow at the sheepish teen, wondering why he looked a little nervous. Ever since his attempt on dying, they had gotten closer, but not too close. But for some reason, Yamamoto would always be a little unsettle when they're alone.

"Why are you so nervous?"

His curiosity shot up when the taller teen flinched. 'Is he scared of me...?' He frowned. He hadn't want them to be afraid of him for whatever reasons they have. He was just, distant. Even if he didn't want to, he had to admit that he is distant towards them, even Yuuichi and his parents in this life. It was simply just his reflexes, personality and how he acts that made him like that, something he had developed in his past life. That, and he never expected it to make people around him uncomfortable. Or, maybe yes.

"H-h-hahah-ah? Am I?" 

"Yes"

Yamamoto bit his inner cheeks. He hadn't want to feel nervous, especially around Ryuuichi. He shouldn't. The dark brown hair teen had saved him anyway, in a sense. But he couldn't help but do. For some reason, the vibe Ryuuichi had given him the impression of unapproachable. It wasn't like Gokudera's hostile one, it was more like a cold, yet burning fire. Despite the warmth and caring character he had, he was more a loner type, to Yamamoto, of course. Basically, these kind of people were hard for Yamamoto be relaxed around them when they're alone.

Ryuuichi could practically read the teen despite his smiling face, fake one, mind you. He sighed audibly and grabbed Yamamoto's larger, coarse hands. He placed his palms onto the teens' and had it raised up to his shoulder height. Something hummed pleasantly inside his. Yamamoto's hands were warm. He smiled softly at that. 

"R-ryuu?"

He ignored the questioning call and observed their hands. Indeed, the latter's hands were bigger than his, fingers longer too. It could probably cover his whole fist. Even though it's rough, it gave a sense of security. He entertwined their hands, finding it nice. It might because he hadn't touch someone other than his brother and Hibari(That, was forced) for quite a while. So, the occasion skin contact is nice.

"Hey" He begin, closing his eyes and focused on the warm. "What do you feel?"

Yamamoto had quite a shock when his hands were grabbed. He almost jumped away if not for the tight grip. Their palms met and he eyes widen, realizing three things. One, Ryuuichi's hands are smaller than his despite the fact that he looked as if he can hold a lot of things there. Two, his palms, even though was rough, was softer than his. Much softer. Lastly, he looked fragile. The soft, warm and smaller hands had made him realized that Ryuuichi wasn't as strong as he looks.

He looked, human.

".... Calm" He, too, closed his eyes, smiling a real smile. "And warm" 'And loved'

Ryuuichi gave a small chuckle, opening his eyes at the same time as Yamamoto. Their eyes met and at that moment, they felt as if they understood each other.

Yamamoto grinned brightly, swore that he will no longer be nervous or afraid of Ryuuichi. That he will protect and lift him up whenever the hard, metal cage breaks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"What matter between friendship and bonds is understanding, and the love between it"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N = This is quite a short chapter.... For me anyway. 

The parts after Hibari's wasn't there initially, but I wanted the things that I planned on the next chapter, and if I end at Hibari's part, it would be too short.

The one with Giotto will be revealed in the... Next or two more arcs later..? 

Fun Fact= I wrote Giotto and Hibari's part in school before I wrote it here.

Fun Fact= The targets that was on fire wasn't even charred. It basically just, burnt. But it was still in tact and usable. And that was the fourth time it had happened.

Fun Fact= Ryuuichi's cloud ring almost shattered when he first lit it up. He immediately panicked and estinguished the flame on the ring when he felt a crack. Luckily, it didn't.

To Yamamoto, Ryuuichi wasn't like a human at all. To him, he was like a perfect, unreachable being. 

Before I end this, I wish all you wonderful people a Happy Chinese New Year!! And happy holiday to those who are having them, despite it being only a week ^^

[I apologize for any grammar, spellings, etc. etc. mistakes]