Confusion

Second Life

Outside, the sun was setting. It was about 7 in the evening when Ryuuichi finally appeared again. After the morning of him going around the base to meet the others and have some small talks, he had promptly disappeared. Well, not literally. He just went out of the base to finish some business, and have a walk. 

It was quite normal outside, nothing was life threatening unless you consider the flimsy members of the Millefiore that was searching for them a threat. Well, they certainly isn't. Though, for the Arcobalenos, the atmosphere outside of the base could kill them. Ryuuichi couldn't exactly feel the Tri-ni-Sette, he could feel the air around him outside the base was, tier for the lack of better words. Though, he could only frown at it. 

By the time he got back to the base, everyone had gathered in the dining room for dinner, except Yamamoto and Gokudera. Tsuna, who was helping the girls and children on setting up the table, was wondering where was the man as he did not see him after their chat in the morning when the door slid open and close. He tilted his head at the man's appearance. Ryuuichi had changed into what he had wore when they first met in this era. 

"Are you going somewhere, Ryuuichi?" He asked. 

Ryuuichi had a smirk plastered on his face since he first stepped into the room. He greeted them and looked towards Tsuna. "Not exactly" He looked at his wristwatch. '2 minute' His smirk got larger. 

Reborn frowned. The man was planning something. He knew it. "What are you planning"

The man chuckled. Of course, the hitman would notice something. Reborn's words had brought everyone's attention onto him. 1 minute left. "Nothing in particular" He could briefly hear frantic taps of shoes before the door was slammed open behind him, startling everyone. 

"H-hibari-san!!" He turned around and gave the Cloud Guardian a smile. He paid no heed at the growing horror in those grey eyes and looked back to everyone else. "Good luck. Oh and do take care of him" He gave them a large grin, hands shoved into his black trousers before pink clouds appeared, blocking their view. 

Tsuna's eyes widen as his jaw dropped. 'Oh hell no' He hadn't expect what would happen and the others probably didn't either. 

"Well, this is quite unexpected...." The smoke dispersed before a shorter and younger Ryuuichi in a T-shirt and below knee length shorts appeared, replacing his older self.

The younger Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow in questioning. The others one way or another had their jaw slacken, gaping at what had happened. He had just finished his shower when he was suddenly blasted into the future, which explained why his hair was wet. How did the bazooka even reached him when he was in his room with the door locked was something that he don't know, and don't want to. 

"Y-younger Ryuuichi?!" He blinked at the brunette's dumbfounded voice. "Yo" 

Behind him, Hibari gritted his teeth and clenched his fist tightly to the point that his knuckles had turned white. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow. Just. Wow" Ryuuichi slowly said. He, Tsuna, Reborn and Hibari was in the lounge room where the brunette had brief him about the situation, not like he had no idea about it. He wasn't surprised at that but he need to fake it, somehow. He could feel worried and wary eyes on him, burning holes unintentionally. It was from Tsuna. Those brown eyes told him that he knew something. Maybe he his future self had said something. 

'Curse you, me'

"So... Am I going to join the fight?" Hibari immediately answered him, making him scowl at the man. "No" Hibari had been glaring at him ever since he had appeared in this era. The man's arm were crossed, which meant that he was annoyed about something. Not a good thing because he had a hunch that the cause of his annoyance was him, or his older self as the matter of fact. 

"Why not?"

"No is no" Hibari probably couldn't hold his anger in any longer and stomped out of the room after giving him that answer. Well, it's not like he was going to listen to him anyway.

He rolled his eyes at the sound of the door closing. It was probably the time of the month for Hibari. "Whatever" He muttered and huffed, running his hands through his damp bangs, a little irritated at the lack of tight tug at the back of his head. He should have grabbed his hair tie(Rubber band) before he was poof-ed here. As if he had the time to. He sighed.

".... What am I doing in this era?" He asked. After all, he was curious. The last time he had went into the future, Hibari and Dino had told him that he was working for the Vongola and Cavallone, but he doubt that was all. He felt that his older self was doing something more than that. 

Tsuna hesitated a little, wondering if he should tell him. The older Ryuuichi had not told him not to mention anything about his future self after all. "U-umm... You are a member of both Vongola and Cavallone" The teen nodded, urging him to continue. "And...."

"And..?"

"... And you're the boss of this organization... G-gudezo..?" Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow at that and tilted his head. He had never heard of that organization before. Perhaps it was founded by his older self. But for what reasons? "Giudizio?" The brunette nodded. "Ah yes! That!" 

Judgement? What? Did he took law? He scrunched his eyebrows. He never liked law, nor had even thought about taking up law before. It was and still is a very troublesome and hard course. He definitely wouldn't take it. 'Unless..... He had founded the answer...'

Or maybe not. Otherwise, he wouldn't be here if that was the case. He inaudibly sighed. Even he couldn't understand his older self. How wonderful. Giannini suddenly appeared while holding a tool box, smiling triumphantly. "It's done, Ryuuichi-san" He tilted his head in questioning. What was done? 

"..Hah?"

"I mean, you can access to the your side of the base now. The older Ryuuichi-san had told me to loosen the security for your access, Ryuuichi-san" His name being used twice in the same sentence sounded a little weird as he nodded slowly. Was his older self that secretive? He thought that he would have opened up at least a little to the others, seeing that he had spent almost 10 years with them, in a literal sense. 

"Wait... My side of the base? What?" Right. What did he do to have such grand luxury. He hoped that he had heard wrongly but unfortunately, Giannini nodded. "Yes. Your older self have a whole floor for himself in this base" His eyes widen as his jaw slacken. If he paid attention to the brunette, he would realize that he had the same expression as his.

"A.Whole.FREAKING.FLOOR??!" He groaned and hid his face. "Am I that shameless...?!" 

Giannini laughed as Reborn had amusement twinkling in his eyes. "No, no. Your older self had the whole floor for himself because of a few circumstances" He is still going to categorize his older self as a shameless human. But the circumstances. He wondered what was the so-called circumstances that his older self had. Questions swirled in his mind until Vongola's engineer decided to break his thoughts. He had offered to show him to his quarters seeing that it was quite late already.

He peered at the clock and nodded. The brunette needed to rest for he will have training tomorrow and he was getting a little tired after all.He, along with Tsuna and Reborn who decided to follow, tailed after the shorter man onto the lift. The ride was quite silent minus the occasion questions from the two youngest.

The stepped out of the lift after reaching the 8th floor and was immediately greeted by a heavy looking metal door. There was a scanner beside it along with this small hole. 

"Please place your hand on the scanner, Ryuuichi-san" And he did, his palm was scanned and a green light shone. The door automatically opened and his jaw dropped. It was like any other floor, very spacious, except, he could distinctly detect a layer of something coated on the walls and celling. "What. The. Actual. Heck!?" 

"The walls and ceiling here," Giannini placed his hand on the wall proudly. "Are coated with two layers of flame resistance coat. It is one of my creations requested by Ryuuichi-san. It is invisible unless one has sharp eyes. The training room, on the other hand, has more layers of flame with impact resistance coatings"

He hold a shaking hand up. "W-why did I need that..?!" 

"Well, Ryuuichi-san hadn't told me why. He just asked me to do it." He facepalmed. How typical of him. "And the small hole by the scanner...?" 

"That is a flame scanner. Before this, only Ryuuichi-san's, Reborn-san's, Hibari-san's, Cavallone's Boss's and Juudaime's flames are able access into this side of the base but Ryuuichi-san had deactivated the system 10 months ago" 

At least that made sense. Not! Why did he had that security system installed in the first place?

"Stop dwelling, small animal" They jumped at the sudden appearance of the Cloud guardian, well, except for Reborn. Ryuuichi's eyes widen for the nth time since he last came into this era. His brain shut down for a few second and was rebooting, before he had promptly squealed internally. Hibari was wearing a yukata that had shown most of his collarbone and neck. 

"Hibari?!" Hibari twitched a little and shifted his gaze turned glare to the others. They got the message and immediately scrambled onto the lift, out of the floor. Reborn was smirking all the way, his black eyes shimmering with amusement.

He gave the teen a look after the others were gone before walking away. The teen looked just like when his older self was younger, physically and to other's eyes. To his, he was not. Although the two was exactly the same person minus the age, they were quite different. While the younger one is quite reserved and has the tendency to hide things, his older self was worst. The older Ryuuichi was so tight lipped that no one could ever force him to speak, not even Hibari.

And if there's one thing about the small animal that annoys him the most, is his secrecy. He hated being left out of the loop and sure as hell do not like Ryuuichi keeping things from him. Especially Ryuuichi.

He turned around a corner and walked into Ryuuichi's room, aware that the teen was behind him. He grunted towards the large computer desk at the corner of the room and left.

Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow at the strange behavior of the man's but said nothing as he watched him disappear through that corner. He slowly walked into the room and observed his surrounding. A pang of nostalgia hit him. The room was how it is in his past life. The computer table at the corner of the room, a huge shelf beside it, the king sized bed was placed in the middle of the wall, head board against the wall with a small, black night stand beside it and the cabinet opposite it. 

It was an ordinary and plain room. Though, the colour and how the furnitures were placed were almost the same. He couldn't exactly get his room furnished like this for he do not want to bother his busy parents and it was quite a waste of time. 'So, after all these years, I still remembered it...' The only thing that was different was the shoes that was placed on a rack beside the door. He slipped out of his slipper that Reborn had handed him seeing that he wasn't wearing any and walked towards the table.

There was a black metal case on it with a scissor engraved on it. He blinked at it, wondering why was there a scissor. Then, he saw the 4 number combination lock. 'Oh. Could it be..?' He turned the numbers of each slot and the case opened with a click after he pressed the button beside the last slot.

"Seriously..." He rolled his eyes. He looked into the case and saw 6 Mammon-chained rings, an ash gun and a note. The rings had different colored gems on it while there were chain-liked engravement on the gun. He nimbly took the note and read it, frowning at the choice of language used.

"Hello, young me. I hope you are having a great time in this era already. (Ryuuichi snorted at that) As you have probably realized, everything was just as you have expected and yet, everything was just as you have not expected. Too much details and my memory of this language is hazy enough for me to not elaborate it for you. And since you will know why much later, let's not dwell on it, shall we?

Anyway, those A class rings are for your usage for the upcoming battle as well as the gun. How you use them is up to you. Oh, and do be careful with the rings because they might break. There are a few more stuffs in the training room that you can use it too.

As for your flame, well, you can find Giannini to have him scan for it.

Do try not to kill yourself.

Sincerely, your older self that you are probably cursing at right now.

P/S= Do not worry about Yuuichi, Mother and Father. They are save"

He huffed. Oh he's cursing his older self alright, no need to confirm that. Why can't he just tell him his flame? He raised an eyebrow as he read it again to make sure that he did not misread anything. He wondered what would be in the training room his older self had stored for him. Looking back at the stuffs in the case, he saw another loose Mammon chain and tilted his head. The action had the ring that was forgotten on his neck shifted. 'Oh'

He took out the ring around his neck and slid it onto his right middle finger. It fitted perfectly, like how it did before. He absentmindedly took the chain and loop it around the ring. 'He didn't mention anything about this ring....'

Perhaps his older self doesn't know about the ring. Then again, there wasn't a thing that he doesn't know. Well, his older self. A yawn erupted from his lips as he rubbed his eyes. Fatigue was getting the best of him. He had literally run here and there before he was blasted into this era and initially, he wanted to sleep right after he had bath but as you can see, the plan was thrown out the window. And before he read the note, he initially wanted to hit the hay but curiosity on the 'stuffs' got the best of him.

He sighed and walked out of the room, his, after slipping back into the slipper. He mentally noted to get a pair of shoes or boots, whichever the others have spared. If he want to get into battles and such, he couldn't wear flimsy slippers, right?

He strolled aimlessly in the hallway, opening the doors that weren't lock until he found a very spacious room, filled with weapons. He walked inside slowly, looking around. True to what Giannini had said, the training room were coated with more of those special coating. He finally understood why it was impact resistance. The walls were filled with burn marks, scratches and cracks.

Ryuuichi sweated. Just how strong is his older self?

He scanned the weapons and his eyes landed on a certain familiar metal weapon, a metal bow with sharp blades curved at the end. It was the weapon that Reborn had gifted him during his birthday. So his older self was using it.

His fingers brushed over it slowly, feeling the cold metal against his skin. He could tell that it was frequently used seeing that the grip winded with ropes were tattered and there were hint of burns. It confused him to no end that there were so many burn marks, on the walls and weapons after he had looked thoroughly through it. Either the older him was playing around with fire or it was his flames. He decided that it was the latter.

'Seriously.. What were you doing....'

-------------------------------------------------------------

The ground vibrated, not to much to be considered an earthquake but Ryuuichi could feel it. He was in midst of his stance to fire an arrow with the metal arrow when the vibration had his concentration broken. He slacken his stiff arms and pointed the arrow downwards, looking up towards the ceiling. 'It's starting... Huh' 

He placed the weapon on it's stand and walked out of the training room, towards where Tsuna might be. The shoes that he had managed to find in the room and was the size he wears squeaked to a stop as he stepped inside the elevator. (Apparently, his older self had also prepared a few set of clothing for him. How convenient)

His arms were crossed as he recalled the results of his scan. The first thing he had done after waking up was finding Giannini and had his flames scanned. He remembered that both Giannini and him were surprised at it. Giannini didn't knew anything about the flames he have other than two flames, one which he had seen himself, first hand. Cloud and Sun, second and third strongest flame he have. He himself was speechless. He told the engineer to keep it a secret.

So that explained the different element rings. 

A ding which indicated the arrival on the floor brought him back to earth as he walked towards the training room. He winced a little at the bright light when the door opened, looking up to see bright purple flare of a flame, the flame he was working on just now. His hair swayed violently, cause by the strong wind but wasn't particularly bothered. Behind him, Fuuta and Lambo whom both had came to watch the brunette's training were almost blown off. 

"Ryuu-nii, did you come to watch too?" He gave the brown haired teen a side way smile and nodded. He turned towards the purple flame.

"They are you going at it." Fuuta commented, looking up too. Lambo who was sitting on his shoulder was happy and jumping. "I was right, it was fireworks!"

Most of them could see that Tsuna was struggling to push back the cloud flame coated hedgehog with his gloved hands, except for the young Lambo, whom had thought that the flame was fireworks and was amazed by it. Even though Fuuta hesitated, he still tried to explain the flames to the child. 

"Actually, Lambo, I was in charge of raising you until three years ago." He started but Lambo clearly wasn't listening. "Tsuna-nii was strongly opposed to letting a child fight but we didn't have that kind of luxury. I'm going to explain things to you for my self-satisfaction. The light may be beautiful like fireworks, but it's not. You should remember that it's dangerous." 

"You're the Guardian of Lightning, a vital member of Vongola" The Vongola ring in Lambo's hair, tangled, glinted. 

Ryuuichi was half listening to Fuuta, half isn't. The teen wasn't talking to him anyway. His eyes focused on the bright flame. Tsuna had pushed back the flaming hedgehog a little, but it was clearly still a weak attempt to Hibari, and Ryuuichi. The latter knew that it wouldn't work anyway. 

Hibari cluck his tongue. "As I had heard from the infant, you're nothing like the man that I know, who was older by ten years." True, the Tsunayoshi he know is stronger than this one, so much more stronger, and wiser. He ignored the retorts from the bomber and peered at the dark brown hair teen through the corner of his eyes when he felt his stares. Him too, was the same. 

Ryuuichi saw Hibari looking at him, so he turned away, just in time to see Tsuna using Zero Point BreakThrough First Edition. The brunette succeeded in freezing the hedgehog, along with the Cloud flame, impressing the others. Lal then said. "It's not over yet" Dark purple clouds with spikes suddenly surrounded him, multiplying. He wasn't fast enough to freeze all of them and had promptly being caged inside a Needle Sphere of the hedgehog.

"An air-tight sphere made from compounded Cloud Flame that has the ultimate power of isolation. His flame doesn't have the strength to break this" Hibari said. He walk up towards the sphere and place his hands on it. "The amount of oxygen is limited inside the isolation area. If you don't escape soon, you'll die." It was as though he doesn't care if the future boss would die. 

"Knock it off! You come out of nowhere after all this time... Do you plan on killing Juudaime?! Let him out!" Gokudera demanded.

"It's only natural that the weak return to the dirt. While I may have a reason to kill Sawada Tsunayoshi, I certainly have no reason to let him live"

Before Gokudera and Yamamoto retorted, Ryuuichi placed his hands on their shoulder, giving them a slight reassuring squeeze. "Don't worry. We won't let him die" The teen gave Hibari a loopsided smile, much to the man's dismay. "So, let's start out training" Obviously, they didn't want to leave the brunette when he's still in the sphere, but Reborn had said that this is a trial for Tsuna and Bianchi whom appeared without her goggles had forced them to go. 

When they were gone, Ryuuichi made eye contact with Hibari before moving to the corner of the room, sitting down on the floor with his back leaned against it. Fuuta and Lambo sat beside him, joining him. 

They waited for the brunette to break through the sphere in silence, getting more anxious as time ticked away. Not to mention that he's almost out of oxygen.

An impact from the inside of the sphere had vibrated against the floor and walls of the room. Tsuna himself knew that he's out of time, so he had made the last move. It was a futile attempt though, only a small part of it had melted off. He's panting so hard from lack of oxygen and thought for solutions, anything to get him out. His flame dispersed off as he collapsed, taking off his gloves to look at the ring.

'What more do you want from me?' And then, a light glowed from the ring and shone directly at the forehead of the brunette's. At the same time outside the sphere, Ryuuichi's breath hitched a little as he felt a twinge of pain from his head and fell unconscious. Fortunately, he was sitting and no one had noticed anything wrong. His crossed arms slacken as the ring chained with Mammon chain around his neck glowed softly before dying off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N = UP! 

Hibari was annoyed that TYL Ryuuichi was trying to endanger his younger self, which led to him not allowing Ryuuichi to fight because, if the younger one dies, the older one will disappear. 

The scissor engravement and the code was something that Ryuuichi always use in his previous life. Hint, from an anime. Try and guess.

TYL Ryuuichi wrote in the language that he never actually liked, a language he learnt in his previous life and hadn't used it for a long time, which is why he wouldn't want to elaborate on things. It wasn't his- her mother tongue. Though, that was just an excuse. And besides, Hibari, or someone else might understand it if they had managed to crack it open. So, it was a just-in-case thing. Again, another excuse.

The weapon Reborn had gifted him was one of his most frequently used weapon. There will be others that I'll state in a few chapters later.. Maybe. [I did mention that he's a natural born weapon user, right?]

Is this considered a cliffhanger? Well, I guess. 

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc.etc. mistakes]