Yuni

Second Life

Right after they had rested for awhile, they had decided to go to the Vongola Base to find Squalo, and possibly Yamamoto, Bianchi, Giannini and Spanner. It was practically a mess when they arrived. There were burn marks on the wall and celling, a few of them crumbled down. Ryuuichi could still feel the aftermath of the heat and huffed. He never really like hot weather or condition. In addition to the humidity down here, it was quite bad. 

He coughed a little as they went through one of the holes, trying find Squalo. This would definitely be one hell of a repair once everything ends. Well, at least he wouldn't be the one who would be repairing it. He was lingering behind of the others, looking around while covering his nose and mouth from the dust when he heard a voice and some shuffling. He stopped his track, unknown to them, and looked towards his left.

He blinked when he saw shadows. "Hello?" He called out. He walked towards the shadows direction and squinted his eyes, trying to focus in the dark. His sight gotten clearer as he moved closer, only to paused in mid step, eyes widen. "Yamamoto! Squalo!" He rushed to them after calling out loudly at the others, who presumably had walked the other way.

"R-ryuu?" Yamamoto was surprised to see the said teen rushing towards him and Squalo. He had just found the man not long ago when Ryuuichi appeared from the other side. Ryuuichi nodded at him and started inspecting Squalo. Behind him, footsteps of several people were heard before Dino, Romario, Kusakabe and Hibari appeared.

"Wha-" "Shut up and heal him"

-------------------------------------------------------

"Let's see...." Ryuuichi looked around, trying to find the spot where they had gathered. Seeing that the sun has already set, there should be a fire. Fortunately, the forest was dark enough to spot any source of light even from far. 'Ah then again, they're like, surrounded by higher grounds.....'

He sighed, in both exhaustion and troubled. He had just help a tiny bit on healing Squalo, but not fully. (He let the others finish the rest) He did healed both Dino and Hibari in the morning at the same time after all. After that, he had straight ran out to join Tsuna and the others, and somehow got lost in the process. The forest was too thick and not to mention it was dark. 

He walked deeper into the forest, searching for a while more until he noticed he was more lost than he was before. Although he had a good sense of direction, to navigate in this dark condition was not a good thing. He huffed, wondering what should he do. He blinked when he felt one of his box weapons that were chained on his belt moved. He had almost forgotten them. He looked down and saw the Cloud and Sun box weapon moving. He sweated a little. 'Did I... brought them back to the past and to the future without even realizing they were with me all this time...?'

He undid the chain and took the box weapon to his eye level. It really was moving. And then, an idea came to him. He took out his ring from the chain around his neck and wore it, lit it up in both Sun and Cloud flame. He whistled lowly at the combination before inject the flame into the box.

The box glowed for a moment, before two streams of flames were shot out, one purple and the other yellow. A black panther and a white panther appeared. Both had different attribute of flames at the tip of their tail. The black one has Cloud flame, while the white one has Sun flame. Cubs.

Ryuuichi crouched down to their level, both of them. The black one somehow purred a little while the white one leaned into his hands. He chuckled. "Kuro" The black one looked at him with grey eyes. "Shiro" The white one mewed (growled?) in acknowledgement. He smiled softly. "Please help me find the fire. There will be other people too. More than 10 of them, actually." They growled in unison and started to lead him away to another direction. 

As they ran, the cubs would occasionally slow down for him to catch up before speeding away again. While running after them, he remembered the first time he opened the box. Perhaps it was because he only injected Cloud flames it, but Shiro was sluggish and weak. Kuro, on the other hand, stayed with his brother the whole time, growling at Ryuuichi. He even scratched Ryuuichi's hand when he wanted to pet him and Shiro.

This time, was the second time he had opened his box weapon. Kuro was tamer, and Shiro was more stronger and active. It dawned him that the cubs stabilize each other, which explained why Kuro was fiercer to him at that time. Though, they are absolutely adorable. That was one thing Ryuuichi could never deny about. 

Suddenly, the cubs came to a stop on a cliff. He suddenly felt murderous aura and several growls from animals. As he walked out from the trees and saw the rest down at the bottom of a small cliff that surrounds them. He felt relief that they had found the others. "Ryuuichi!" "Who are you!" He turned towards Gamma, who was tensed and all. He blinked, and gave the man a smile. He jumped down from the cliff, landing perfectly on his feet, the cubs following. (At least it wasn't that high up)

Kuro and Shiro was tensed when they felt a little surrounded by the rest of the box animals they hadn't met. Ryuuichi noticed, of course, and gave them a reassuring look. They relaxed a little, but was still on guard. Ryuuichi then turned towards Gamma and his brothers. They, were the only ones he hadn't met so it was not strange for to see them that guarded around him. (Unknown to him, his older self had already met with Gamma once.)

He bowed. "I believe that we hadn't met. I'm Shiroki Ryuuichi." 

Gamma frowned. He had heard the name before, fleetingly. Though, it wasn't uncommon to hear it. Apparently, Shiroki Ryuuichi had gained a reputation that could be on par with the Arcobaleno just in a few years time. Not much knew who this person really is, and some had said that this person doesn't exist. Gamma, too, didn't exactly believed in this person's existence, until now, that is. But, the teen that bowed in front of them right now seemed so familiar. And young.

"... You're-!" Gamma's eyes widen. He remembered. When he had clashed with Hibari Kyouya, another man that looked like this teen were there. The exact person who reminded him of Yuni.

Ryuuichi tilted his head in questioning, but let it rest. Gamma seemed to have gained a turmoil, while Tsuna explained who he was to Nozaru and Tazaru. 

"Oh, right. Where were you, Ryuuichi?" Tsuna asked, catching the said teen's attention. Ryuuichi turned to him before moving towards him, sitting in between Yuni and Tsuna. The cubs immediately jumped onto his laps.

"Hmm.. With Hibari and Dino" He looked around, at the rest. They were somewhat looking at his direction, so he gave them a sheepish smile. He then turned to Yuni, staring directly into her eyes. "Ryuuichi" He turned towards Reborn and slightly tilted his head. 

Reborn observed the teen for awhile. There's something about Ryuuichi that had changed since they came back to the future. He didn't know what it was, but there was a change. Though, it wasn't very obvious so the others didn't realized it. That, and the way Ryuuichi simply sitting down beside Yuni and the look in his eyes when he and she made eye contact. There was something about the look, but Reborn didn't know what. "... No. Nothing" 

Ryuuichi raised an eyebrow at that. It wasn't everyday to see the hitman to call out to someone and say it was nothing. He wondered what Reborn wanted to say, but there wasn't a logical one on his mind. He tried asking though, but before he managed to do it, Reborn walked away with Gamma, for a talk. He watched as they disappear into the trees while frowning. He didn't know why, but he didn't like the look on Reborn's face when he looked at him.

He pondered for a few moment, before looking back at the cubs on his lap. They were growling at Uri, who was growling at them too. "Kuro. Shiro. Be calm down" He looked at Uri, and held out a hand, coaxing it to come near him. Uri reluctantly, slowly walked to his hands and sniffed, before it. Ryuuichi took it as a green light and pet Uri. 

A moment soon, he noticed Natsu peering at him behind Tsuna. He chuckled a little, before picking up Uri up and set her on his lap. He then turned to Natsu again. "Come here" He tried to coax the lion cub too, holding Uri just in case she decided to jump at Natsu again. Natsu looked at him with doubt, and then to Uri, who was glaring but didn't do anything, and then to Tsuna. 

Tsuna blinked. It was quite surprising to see Ryuuichi managed to tame the cat that easily. He didn't knew that Ryuuichi was so good with animal. Then again, he didn't knew much about him anyway. The brunette nodded at Natsu reassuringly. Natsu, seeing his nod, slowly moved closer to Ryuuichi, wary of the cat.

Ryuuichi smiled and petted the lion cub. He then pick him up and set him on his lap too. Uri snarled a little, but stayed put. As Ryuuichi watched them and Kuro and Shiro on his lap, despite the weight, was internally squealing. They were all absolutely adorable and he had this urge to just squeeze them and- Okay he won't. But they are still adorable. 

The rest silently watched. The could clearly see the teen being overwhelmed by the box animals. Though, they got to admit. It was an adorable sight. (Along with Ryuuichi in)

Ryuuichi finally remembered something, and picked them off his lap much to their dismay and set them on Tsuna's instead. (The brunette panicked. Oh he panicked. If someone has any camera at the moment, they would absolutely want to film it) He smiled sheepishly at Yuni, and asked if they could have a talk for a moment.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ano.. Shiroki-san" Yuni, although hadn't exactly talked to Ryuuichi or knew much about Ryuuichi, could somehow guessed what he wanted to talk about. Perhaps that's why he brought her further away from the rest. She had heard of him before, from Byakuran. He was blabbering that time, about how interesting Ryuuichi is. About how Ryuuichi seemed so incapable yet is actually capable to crush Byakuran if he wanted to. About how Ryuuichi seemed to have the same ability as Byakuran has, yet he actually don't. It was as if Ryuuichi knows more than Byakuran do, and it sparked absolute curiosity in the man. (Oh how Byakuran wanted to get his hands on Ryuuichi and force him to spill everything)

On the other hand, she herself had seen him in action once. Not directly, but she did. She was entranced by him for a moment. His fight was like a dance of sort. Though surrounded from all sides, Ryuuichi was swift and fast as he broke through a troop of men, with only a gun in hand. Instead of the usual dread she would feel when she saw people being killed, she felt the condolences and respect from Ryuuichi as he ended their lives. It was, in no other words, fascinating. 

At first, she imagined him as someone who was silent and mysterious, the next, kind and collected. Now, she knew that he was all she had expected, but more so than that. In addition, her short dreams of him had made him more than a mere person.

Ryuuichi turned to her sideways before sitting down on the ground when he deemed it was far enough for the rest to not eavesdrop their conversation. He briefly swept the log he leaned on and pat on it, asking her to sit down too. And she did, muttering a thanks. He returned a smile before looking off at a distance. They sat in a short moment of silence before Yuni decided to break it.

"Shiroki-san-" "Ryuuichi is fine, Yuni" The said girl nodded. "Then, Ryuuichi-san. What is it that you wanted to talk about?" It sounded a bit harsh despite the soft tone she was using, but Ryuuichi didn't care. He don't mind the straightforwardness of the girl. Hell, he even liked it.

Instead of answering, he turned to look into her eyes again. Her blue eyes met his dark brown ones. "What do you know about me?" He said softly and slowly, not smiling at all. He was serious and solemn as well.

Yuni blinked at the slightly unexpected question. She opened once, before closing it. "... I don't really know the details but.. You weren't originally from here" Ryuuichi nodded, breaking off the eye contact and chuckled, staring up at the night sky. 

"I won't say that you are exactly correct, but I can't say you're wrong either" He looked a bit thoughtful for a moment. "I haven't gotten my answers, but..."

"I'm not from this world" Yuni blinked at that, eyes widening slightly. "Well, not exactly... How should I explain this.. To put in short, I've being born twice and I still have my memories from my past life. And in my past life, this world, doesn't exist. This world exist as an anime"

Yuni found this absolutely weird. It was weird to hear that their world exist as an anime. That they exist as fictional characters when they're actual humans in this world. "Sounded unbelievable, no? I didn't believed it at first, but then, Namimori didn't exist on the map in my previous world, and that I saw Yamamoto and his father for the first time. It was quite surprising, to be honest. I never really expect myself to sleep and then wake up the next day to find that I'm in another world that shouldn't even exist, and as an infant once again" 

"I've no idea why, though. I don't know why I'm here, and if I did died, why do I still remember my memories. Honestly, everything was just so confusing. I was lost the first few years of my life here. I still am, now. But... I'm reaching my answers. I don't know how am I going to get it, but I'm getting to it."

He chuckled wryly at that. Finding it a tad bit ironic despite coming out from his own mouth. "Though, everything is the same as I've known. Every single event here happened chronologically. The exact same thing happened." 

"So- You knew about what's going to happen, and the results?" Yuni was surprised, and glad. Surprised that he knew what exactly would happen, and glad that if Ryuuichi wasn't doing anything, that meant there wasn't much to worry about. And then, she felt sad. "And about me, too?"

Ryuuichi nodded, playing with a stick he had found lying on the ground. "Yeah" He murmured. Yuni smiled sadly. She would definitely die, then. But.. If it's for the better future, she will accept her fate. "Are you afraid?" She nodded.

"Why?"

Yuni frowned, wondering why Ryuuichi would ask this kind of question. "Because I'm going to die" 'I'll cease to exist.. And forgotten' Ryuuichi looked up at her for a brief moment, before drifted his gaze to the sky again. He could clearly hear the unsaid words. "You know, even if one passes, they will always be remembered by this universe. Their existence shall be written permanently."

"And, you aren't going to die. True, you will be passing in this world, but you wouldn't die. You'll always drift and live once again. It's the cycle. No theory proven, but it's worth believing. And you won't be alone" Ryuuichi hinted, but said nothing otherwise. Yuni got the message, and didn't asked for it. She knew that if one knows what will happen, it shall be a secret until what will happens happened. 

".... Why are you telling me this, Ryuuichi-san?" 

"Because I believe that you'll help me keep this secret. It's hard to keep a secret and it's a miracle that I've managed to keep it for so long. So, Yuni. Can you keep this a secret until I find my answers?" 

Yuni smiled. "Un!"

"By the way, Ryuuichi-san. Can you tell me more about yourself?" Ryuuichi laughed. "Sure. Hmm.. I was sixteen when I've 'died' from my previous world, on the exact day I was born there, and on the exact day I was born here. So you can say that I'm mentally an adult. I used to have an older sister, but a younger twin brother now. Oh, did I mentioned that I was a she?"

-------------------------------------------------------

Ryuuichi laid on the ground, one arm under his head, supporting it while the other on top of his torso. He was thinking about his talk with Yuni. There was a small weight being lifted after that. It was refreshing and unnerving at the same time. Honestly, he hadn't knew why would he wanted to spill everything to Yuni, but he did. It felt nice.

He remembered her reassuring her that everything will be alright. He also remembered telling her about his encounter with Vongola Primo and his guardian. He answered all her question, and revealed quite a lot of things, but there were much more he didn't said. So much more that he had hidden inside. Nevertheless, he felt quite happy, although tired. 

Yuni, on the other hand, was like a curious little girl. Instead of the mature one as the boss of a familgia, she was a normal teenage girl as he chatted with her. She can be quite childish too, but Ryuuichi wouldn't want her to be any different.

Personally, he thought Yuni had matured a bit too early. If she wasn't the daughter of a mafia boss, perhaps she would be like Kyoko and Haru. Perhaps if she's just a normal girl, she might be happier. But that was all 'if's and 'perhaps'. He isn't Yuni. He doesn't know what the girl wants, or what her true desire is. He practically doesn't have any say on her life. Still, he hopes for her happiness, and always will. (For some reason, felt as though Yuni was a younger sister to him, even though they weren't close)

Ryuuichi closed his eyes. He should get some rest before the dawn breaks. Before the final battle starts.

-------------------------------------------------------

"The gathering of the four skies,
Shall begin"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= Ehhhh

Honestly? I've absolutely no idea what was I doing in this chapter except for the Ryuuichi revealing to Yuni part. Yeah. 

Ryuuichi won't be using his box weapon much, but I'll still reveal them. Well, the first one's out. As for the other box... Well, will be out soon.

Yuni had fleeting dreams about Ryuuichi, just as Aria did. Though, they were exactly different dreams. 

Yuni had seen TYL Ryuuichi in action through a spy camera from her subordinates when she was still the Milliefiore's Black Spell's boss.

Fun Fact= Ryuuichi had developed a soft spot for Yuni. Yuuichi might be jealous~ XDD

The last one, I reused the quote from TYL Ryuuichi on chapter 17. 

The next chapter will be when all the action happens~ Still wondering if I should get Ryuuichi into fight or not.... Any suggestions will be great and appreciated.

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc.etc. mistakes]