Reminisce

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, South Korea.

He can’t help but it feels so painful to be left by someone you love. He can’t do anything. What he can do is just wishing her to change her mind but he knew she won’t. She’s a strong-minded person. Once she sets her decision, there’s no way she’s going to change. He walked back to his house in slow steps as his mind kept on replaying the scene earlier in the airport. The scene is still so clear in his mind. The scene when they were both laughed like they are the happiest people in the world, the scene when they were both shared each other’s love and thought, the scene when they were both showing their love to each other but all of those feel nothing when suddenly the scene in the airport appeared in his mind.

Feeling like he’s so pressured with things happened earlier, he chose to just take a rest. He kept on moving as he can't sleep. He can't even close his eyes for 5 minutes as he kept on thinking and thinking. He’s currently resting his head in his pillow. Even the smaller pillow he’s hugging is a gift from her.

Flashback

“Auch!” Jongkook groaned when he felt like his neck ached so much early in the morning. He was sleeping in the desk with uncomfortable position.

“Wae? What happened, oppa? Anywhere hurts?” Jihyo asked back worriedly.

“Nothing serious. It was just my uncomfortable sleeping position.” Jongkook replied with a smile.

“Ya! What did I say about always take a good care of yourself? A desk is not a place to sleep!” Jihyo scowled.

“Yes, madam. I’m sorry for not remembering your words okay?” Jongkook replied and chuckled before receiving a light smack from Jihyo on his chest.

Thinking back, Jongkook can’t deny that Jihyo is actually a good girlfriend as she always advised Jongkook not to overwork himself or remind him to have his meal 3 times a day because since he has been so busy with his work, they rarely meet and only have the chance to talk thru the phone.

It’s such a surprising thing for Jongkook days later when he met Jihyo again. She was holding a medium sized package on her hands. Just right when they met, she handed him that package.

“What’s this?” Jongkook asked in confuse.

“Just open it.” Jihyo replied easily.

“What?! A pillow?” Jongkook asked in confuse. It’s a small sized, square shaped pillow with the text ‘Hug me’.

“Yeah. Use this when you feel tired and about to sleep on your desk. At least you won’t hurt your neck so much if you’re sleeping under a pillow.” She replied.

He chuckled and pinched her chubby cheek. “I have such a thoughtful girlfriend! Gomawo.” He said sincerely.

End of flashback

He couldn’t help but smile although his heart is currently frowning. Although people change but memories still remain the same. The memories they left behind will never change. He believed that if two people are meant to be together, God will have His way to reunite them eventhough they’re far apart. If their fate is to be with each other then there might be a time when they’re going to meet again.

**

Manhattan, New York, United States.

Starting off as a new student is never good for Jihyo. She can tell that people here are friendly as they are treating her in a good way. She’s pretty shocked as well when she knew that there’s also a Korean girl in her class. Seems like being cold to new people is already her habit that’s so hard to be change. She was cold to them at first but once she developed in the environment and also remembering what Jongkook told her when she’s still in Korea which is to be friendly to everyone, she managed to make friends with everyone.

Although her image her in the states with her image back then in Seoul is so much different, there were times when she wants to be alone to spend her time with herself. She was the campus ice queen back then in Seoul but in the States, she’s such a cute Asian doll. She’s currently in a park nearby the campus. She smiled when she remembered that she also used to spent a lot of time with Jongkook in the campus’ backyard when she’s still in Seoul. There’s actually a feeling of something missing in her and she knows what is it. Kim Jong Kook. That’s what she missed.

It has been about 3 months since she left Seoul. Since she left him. She never once contacted him. He did send emails to her but none of them is being replied by her. Yes, she did read them but she’s so speechless of what she should reply. How? How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter