Break Up as You Wish

A Warm Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I do recommend to listen to a sad song while reading this chapter. 

It was such a tough night for Jongkook as In-Sung words keep on playing in his mind like a broken CD. He kept on thinking of his words and Jihyo. Why? Why didn’t she tell him earlier? He would have understood her instead but things couldn’t be just as simple as how she thought. Didn’t she say that she trust him? She shouldn’t have hide this from him is she really does so. He doesn’t know why but it seemed like a big matter to him although it’s just something simple. He knew that In-Sung turn it down already about the idea their father set up but still he felt like being betrayed. Did she really want to end their relationship like this? Because he’s not a type who believed in long distance relationship.

“Jihyo ya. Do you think you have something to tell me?” Jongkook asked when they are  on the phone, carefully.

“I think no. Why?” She asked back innocently.

“Are you sure?” He asked again in serious tone.

“Why do you seem suspicious oppa? I’m not hiding anything from you.” She said again.

“Okay then if there’s nothing. It’s a relieve.” He said, faking his tone.

“What’s the matter, oppa? Are you okay?” She asked.

“Ani. It’s almost midnight already. It’s better for you to sleep now.” He adviced.

“What about you?”

“I still have some work to do.” He replied softly.

“Is that so? Finish your work early okay and don’t overwork yourself, oppa.”

“Ne. Arasso. Good night, Jihyo ya.”

“Ne. Good night too. I love you, oppa.”

“Me too.” He replied and hung up the phone. He doesn’t know but somehow his lips are so hard to say the word ‘I love you too’ which he always say easily to her but this time, he felt so speechless and decided to just replied a simple ‘me too’.

Jihyo actually realized the difference in his voice and started to wonder what happened to him? He’s actually cheerful and talked so much but then he just said a few words with low tone. Is he sick? Is he okay? Those words have been echoing in her mind for minutes. With him hanging up the phone without replying the word ‘I love you’ back make her feeling more uneasy. She’s pretty lost for a while before remembering that she ought to give the answer to her father as soon as possible about continuing her studies in New York. She already talked to her brother, Ji-Hoon if she should tell Jongkook or not and end up being scolded by Ji-Hoon. You should have tell him earlier. You ought to tell him because he has the right to know as well. Eventhough it’s hard for him to accept the decision you made, at least you’re being honest to him. Don’t let him hear it from other’s lips instead of yours because he will feel betrayed if it really happens. At least, that’s what Ji-Hoon said to her. She agreed to what Ji-Hoon said and decided to tell him, the sooner the better.

It has been a week past the phone call between Jongkook and Jihyo. Jihyo still couldn’t manage to tell him and it made Jongkook more disappointed to her. He has been waiting and thought if he should give her a week chance but she didn’t say anything to him. She just did everything and talked like nothing happened. He’s being so silent and avoided her the following week because his chest ached if he kept on thinking about her and the lies she hide. He has been making himself busy with works so that it will distract himself from thinking about her but you can’t really run from the reality forever. He ought to face it. Everything will not be done if they kept on avoiding each other. Oh no, he’s the one who avoided her.

“Oppa. What’s happening to you? Do you know that I missed you so much?” She said with her hands circling around his neck, hugging him and she drowned her face onto his broad chest. Usually, he will reply with circling his hands through her waist but now, his hands are too weak to move. He doesn’t feel like replying her touch and stayed still with blank gaze. He just kept on starring straightly without looking at her. She realized a little difference in him, she let go of her hug and looked at his expressionless face.

“Oppa.” She called.

“Yes?” He asked back but still sad gaze couldn’t get off his face.

“Why are you behaving like this lately?” She asked worriedly.

“Song Ji Hyo. Let me ask you for the last time. Do you have anything to tell me?” He asked with serious tone. Yes, she has. She has more than one thing to tell him but for some reason, she’s not ready.

“Why do you keep on asking the same question all over again and again?” She asked back annoyingly. He sighed deeply. It might be a small matter if she told him earlier but he doesn’t get it why she has to hide it from him.

“Until when you’re going to freaking lie to me, Jihyo ya? You don’t trust me, do you?” He asked with irritated voice.

She was agaped and widen her eyes. Did he know the truth already? But how? It’s not Ji-Hoon. She’s sure of that. Ji-Hoon had went back to Hamburg last week and he even said to Jihyo to finish this matter by herself because he’s sure that she’s mature enough to decide what’s good and what’s bad.

“Why? Why aren’t you answering back?” Jongkook asked again.

“Look. I didn’t mean to lie to you.” Jihyo said and feeling nervous already.

“So? Hiding it from me?” He asked again.

She felt like her legs are going weak and her lips are trembling. She never know that the cheerful and funny Kim Jong Kook could be this scary if he’s serious. “Look. I know I was wrong. I shouldn’t have hid it from you.” She admitted at last. She dared herself to look at him. He’s still with his straight expression.

“Oppa.” She dared to call.

“Why? What is the reason of you hiding it for me? It’s n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter